sort equal groups of data

hi,

i need a help in this, plz

i got this list,

id  like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this,
p.ex
(so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups
of data)

LG-0060-0703	MT	6
LG-0060-0703	CX	6
LG-0060-0703	MT	1

LG-0060-1003	MT	6
LG-0060-1003	CX	6
LG-0060-1003	MT	1

LG-0060-1203	MT	6
LG-0060-1203	CX	6
LG-0060-1203	MT	1

LG-0060-2003	MT	6
LG-0060-2003	CX	6
LG-0060-2003	MT	1
LG-0060-3003	MT	6
LG-0060-3003	CX	6
LG-0060-3003	MT	1
LG-0060-4003	MT	6
LG-0060-4003	CX	6
LG-0060-4003	MT	1
LG-0100018	UN	1

i appreciate your help

thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not certain what you mean by checking the common fields, because your example
just reads p.ex
But maybe all you need is a filter on colums 2 and 3, to do this, select
Columns 2 and 3 and from the main menu click on Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter
You will see a dropdown arrow appear on the columns from there select the
data you want to filter on and do your deleting.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Luís Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i need a help in this, plz
>
> i got this list,
>
> id  like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this,
> p.ex
> (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups
> of data)
>
> LG-0060-0703	MT	6
> LG-0060-0703	CX	6
> LG-0060-0703	MT	1
>

> LG-0060-1003	MT	6
> LG-0060-1003	CX	6
> LG-0060-1003	MT	1
>

> LG-0060-1203	MT	6
> LG-0060-1203	CX	6
> LG-0060-1203	MT	1
>
> LG-0060-2003	MT	6
> LG-0060-2003	CX	6
> LG-0060-2003	MT	1
> LG-0060-3003	MT	6
> LG-0060-3003	CX	6
> LG-0060-3003	MT	1
> LG-0060-4003	MT	6
> LG-0060-4003	CX	6
> LG-0060-4003	MT	1
> LG-0100018	UN	1
>

> i appreciate your help
>

> thanks

0
Michael5492 (655)
11/20/2008 3:31:03 PM
On 20 Nov, 15:31, Michael <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Not certain what you mean by checking the common fields, because your exa=
mple
> just reads p.ex
> But maybe all you need is a filter on colums 2 and 3, to do this, select
> Columns 2 and 3 and from the main menu click on Data -> Filter -> AutoFil=
ter
> You will see a dropdown arrow appear on the columns from there select the
> data you want to filter on and do your deleting.
> --
> If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
> Regards,
>
> Michael Arch.
>
> "Lu=EDs Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:
>

> > hi,
>
> > i need a help in this, plz
>
> > i got this list,
>
> > id =A0like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this,
> > p.ex
> > (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups
> > of data)
>
> > LG-0060-0703 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-0703 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-0703 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
>
> > LG-0060-1003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-1003 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-1003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
>
> > LG-0060-1203 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-1203 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-1203 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
>
> > LG-0060-2003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-2003 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-2003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
> > LG-0060-3003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-3003 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-3003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
> > LG-0060-4003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-4003 =A0 =A0 =A0 CX =A0 =A0 =A06
> > LG-0060-4003 =A0 =A0 =A0 MT =A0 =A0 =A01
> > LG-0100018 UN =A0 =A0 =A01
>
> > i appreciate your help
>
> > thanks- Ocultar texto citado -
>
> - Mostrar texto citado -

thanks but...

imagine i just want to see this kind of group of data

MT	6
CX	6
MT	1

i can filter 1 row at a time,
but can i filter a pattern of data?

my goal is to find all the data that match this criteria:

MT	6
CX	6
MT	1

(so later i can delete)
What you can do is add another column and in that column set an IF statement
then filter on it. Something like this:
=IF(OR(B1="MT",B1="CX",C1=6,C1=1),"Match Pattern","No Match")
In my formula I am assuming the LG-0060-0703 data is in column A, and the MT
data is in column B and the integer is in column C. My formula therefore is
in D1
Then I set up an autofilter as I mentioned in my previous post and Select
"Match Pattern" as my filtering Criteria.
If you need the pattern to be restricted to match all 3 criterias rather
than only one, like in my formula, then change the OR for AND.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Luís Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:

> On 20 Nov, 15:31, Michael <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Not certain what you mean by checking the common fields, because your example
> > just reads p.ex
> > But maybe all you need is a filter on colums 2 and 3, to do this, select
> > Columns 2 and 3 and from the main menu click on Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter
> > You will see a dropdown arrow appear on the columns from there select the
> > data you want to filter on and do your deleting.
> > --
> > If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michael Arch.
> >
> > "Luís Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:
> >

> > > hi,
> >
> > > i need a help in this, plz
> >
> > > i got this list,
> >
> > > id  like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this,
> > > p.ex
> > > (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups
> > > of data)
> >
> > > LG-0060-0703       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-0703       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-0703       MT      1
> >
> > > LG-0060-1003       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-1003       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-1003       MT      1
> >
> > > LG-0060-1203       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-1203       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-1203       MT      1
> >
> > > LG-0060-2003       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-2003       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-2003       MT      1
> > > LG-0060-3003       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-3003       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-3003       MT      1
> > > LG-0060-4003       MT      6
> > > LG-0060-4003       CX      6
> > > LG-0060-4003       MT      1
> > > LG-0100018 UN      1
> >
> > > i appreciate your help
> >
> > > thanks- Ocultar texto citado -
> >
> > - Mostrar texto citado -
>
> thanks but...
>
> imagine i just want to see this kind of group of data
>
> MT	6
> CX	6
> MT	1
>

> i can filter 1 row at a time,
> but can i filter a pattern of data?
>
> my goal is to find all the data that match this criteria:
>
> MT	6
> CX	6
> MT	1
>
> (so later i can delete)

0
Michael5492 (655)
11/20/2008 4:18:24 PM
And Data->Filter->Advanced Filter isn't doing this for you?

In a data set like

fld1		fld2	fld3
LG-0060-0703	MT	6
LG-0060-0703	CX	6
LG-0060-0703	MT	1
LG-0060-1003	MT	6
LG-0060-1003	CX	6
LG-0060-1003	MT	1
LG-0060-1203	MT	6
LG-0060-1203	CX	6
LG-0060-1203	MT	1
LG-0060-2003	MT	6
LG-0060-2003	CX	6
LG-0060-2003	MT	1
LG-0060-3003	MT	6
LG-0060-3003	CX	6
LG-0060-3003	MT	1
LG-0060-4003	MT	6
LG-0060-4003	CX	6
LG-0060-4003	MT	1
LG-0100018	UN	1

where the Advanced Filter Criteria is (in a separate set of cells on
the worksheet):

fld1	fld2	fld3
	MT	6
	CX	6
	MT	1

It will show all records EXCEPT that last row in the dataset. Or am I
missing something here?
0
google5299 (29)
11/20/2008 4:28:50 PM
On 20 Nov, 16:18, Michael <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What you can do is add another column and in that column set an IF statem=
ent
> then filter on it. Something like this:
> =3DIF(OR(B1=3D"MT",B1=3D"CX",C1=3D6,C1=3D1),"Match Pattern","No Match")
> In my formula I am assuming the LG-0060-0703 data is in column A, and the=
 MT
> data is in column B and the integer is in column C. My formula therefore =
is
> in D1
> Then I set up an autofilter as I mentioned in my previous post and Select
> "Match Pattern" as my filtering Criteria.
> If you need the pattern to be restricted to match all 3 criterias rather
> than only one, like in my formula, then change the OR for AND.
> --
> If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
> Regards,
>
> Michael Arch.
>
> "Lu=EDs Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:
>

> > On 20 Nov, 15:31, Michael <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Not certain what you mean by checking the common fields, because your=
 example
> > > just reads p.ex
> > > But maybe all you need is a filter on colums 2 and 3, to do this, sel=
ect
> > > Columns 2 and 3 and from the main menu click on Data -> Filter -> Aut=
oFilter
> > > You will see a dropdown arrow appear on the columns from there select=
 the
> > > data you want to filter on and do your deleting.
> > > --
> > > If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Michael Arch.

> > > - Mostrar texto citado -
>
> > thanks but...
>
> > imagine i just want to see this kind of group of data
>
> > MT 6
> > CX 6
> > MT 1
>
> > i can filter 1 row at a time,
> > but can i filter a pattern of data?
>
> > my goal is to find all the data that match this criteria:
>
> > MT 6
> > CX 6
> > MT 1
>
> > (so later i can delete)- Ocultar texto citado -
>
> - Mostrar texto citado -

thanks,
im gonna try,
im in this all afternoon

ill be back.
Hi,

Here is another way:

Enter your criteria in a range, say you put the following into F1:G3

MT	6
CX	6
MT	1

Then in an empty column next to your data enter the formula
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B4&C4=$F$1:$F$3&$G$1:$G$3))
Where B4 contains the first cell of your data with one of the MT/CX  entries
and C4 contains the first number entry.  Copy the formula down.  All cells
with 1's match one of the criteria all others do not.  This formula can be
extended to handle as may conditions as you want.

You can use AutoFilter on this new column to display only the 1's.

NOTE:  With the example data you gave us you could just use AutoFilter on
the MT/CX column and pick Custom and choose equal and enter MT, click the Or
choice and choose equal and enter CX.

But in general AutoFilter will not solve anything more complex than that,
instead you would need Advanced Filter.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Luís Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i need a help in this, plz
>
> i got this list,
>
> id  like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this,
> p.ex
> (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups
> of data)
>
> LG-0060-0703	MT	6
> LG-0060-0703	CX	6
> LG-0060-0703	MT	1
>

> LG-0060-1003	MT	6
> LG-0060-1003	CX	6
> LG-0060-1003	MT	1
>

> LG-0060-1203	MT	6
> LG-0060-1203	CX	6
> LG-0060-1203	MT	1
>
> LG-0060-2003	MT	6
> LG-0060-2003	CX	6
> LG-0060-2003	MT	1
> LG-0060-3003	MT	6
> LG-0060-3003	CX	6
> LG-0060-3003	MT	1
> LG-0060-4003	MT	6
> LG-0060-4003	CX	6
> LG-0060-4003	MT	1
> LG-0100018	UN	1
>

> i appreciate your help
>

> thanks

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

We Need a United Group of Users Re POS Screen
I was just using our POS today and realized that some items have been scanning without the correct taxes set to the item. We all need to voice this concern to microsoft to update the POS screen. The tax colunm should actually show the tax code so that the cashier call see which taxes are being applied to each item and should print a tax code next to item on sales receipt. If someome makes a mistake enter something it Manager then our cashiers are the next line to catch the mistake. But, they need to be able to see it. The check mark on the screen says that taxes are being applied...

Row names will not move with sort

Trendline partial data
I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data grows, only to select the new series from the process? Thanks Hi David, Jon Peltier has a site that mentioned about dynamic charts which I find useful and you might want to check this out. http://peltier...

How do I transfer data from Notepad to Excel?
I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad. I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be in different cells Erika, Have you tried importing the file through the Data | Import External Data | Import Data... function? This function will allow you to import the data and separate the fields into different cells. Henry Falk "erika" wrote: > I transferred a file fr...

Pls show me how to delete message in the google group ?
I can't find field delete the message in the google group. Pls show me. thank a lot ! ...

Aligning data with varying decimal places
I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals line up, without adding trailing zeroes? one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.??? In article <DD9B0C05-0A1D-4A5A-99F4-BB8030D9F7F2@microsoft.com>, edpaul <edpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal > places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals > line up, without adding trailing zeroes? ...

sorts not sorting

Representing Dual Data in a Stacked Bar Chart
Here is my data: Location Flowers Trees Year 1 Year 2 Year 1 Year 2 Texas 55 63 36 14 Florida 67 75 24 21 NJ 32 27 52 10 Colorado 35 41 35 9 California 84 126 78 39 I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis. Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2. -- VB On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, VB <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want...

import- number- sort?

Find a discussion group for Business Portal
I am trying to set up MS Business Portal & have it pull the infomation from Great Plains (GP). I have a lot of questions but can't find any good anwsers. I am looking for a user group but so far havn't found any. Can some one point me in the right direction? This group is the only one I know of where people regularly contribute. -- Charles Allen, MVP "IanWilliams" wrote: > I am trying to set up MS Business Portal & have it pull the infomation from > Great Plains (GP). I have a lot of questions but can't find any good > anwsers. I am looki...

Data and Color calculations
I need to find a way to get total for a particular name. I work in a vineyard and we want to track how many of each vine we have. we have our rows and blocks of vines in a spread sheet. I now have to sort by name then count how many of each vine we have. I also assign the vines a color based on when they will be harvested. Can excel do the above type of calculation based on sum or total of a particular color Thanks so much for any help Ron redwards(at)ap.net Hi Ron, Try something like this modified to suit your ranges. Does not count Conditional Formatting colors. Dave McRitchie has a...

sorting macro #3

Auto-entering data from another sheet
Hello all, Hopefully someone can help me. I am wanting to automatically enter data from one sheet into the next by a text prompt. For example: On sheet 2 I will have 3 static columns that will have data entered in the format: text / text / number respectively. On sheet one I want to be able to enter the text from the first column on sheet two and have excel automatically fill in 2 other cells with the data from cell B and C from sheet 2. For example: Sheet 2 contains hello / how / 123 in row 1 and column A,B,C. I enter: hello (on sheet 1 cell A) and in cell B and C I automatically get...

Sorting checking register

Manager can update membership list check box
Hi, I'm working with W2K3 and E2K3. Is there a way to setup 'Active Directory Users and Computers' on a workstation so that the check box for 'Manager can update membership list check box' (Distribution Group, Managed by tab) appears? So far I can only make that work by remoting into an Exchange server, but that won't work for administrators, we need them to do this from their desktops. Thanks, Mindy Mindy: ADUC is probably overkill for just managing distribution group memberships. Can the manager just manage them through Outlook by selecting the properti...

Compressing Data in Sheet
Hi, I have a sheet with several pieces of data arranged like so: Column 1 Column 2 a.dll ! 0x000001234 56 a.dll ! 0x000001234 64 a.dll ! 0x000001234 72 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 c.dll ! 0x012345890 100 How do I compress the repeated sets of say a.dll into one row with all values pertaining to a.dll in column 2 summed up so to read something like: a.dll ! 0x0000001234 182 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 etc ??? Thanks If the data is sorted by column A, you could add headers (in row 1) and then use Data|subtotals...

Getting Data out of MS CRM
What is the best way to get all the data out of MS CRM in order to migrate it to another CRM system? Woud the Data Migration tool work for this? I've never used it. If you want all the data, and all the customisations, the best option is to use SQL backup and restore, and the CRM redeployment tool against the restored database. Using the Data Migration tool will be hard work for this, and has some noticeable limitations, such as it can't be used for custom entities "mscrmuser" wrote: > What is the best way to get all the data out of MS CRM in order to > migrate...

Exchange 2003 and public folder email address in distribution group
Hello! I would like to add an email address of one of my public folders to a distribution list in exchange 2003. The public folder already has an email address of publicfolder@domain.com problem is that I dont know how to select this when I try to add this email in distribution groups. Any help would be great! Dan In ESM - go to the mail-enabled Public Folder's properties | Member Of tab | Add. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan J.S." <me@hyperx.com> wrote in message news:11s7q5...

Export univ dist group members to Excel or text file
Hello....my company recently migrated from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003 (we are now in native mode), and Windows 2003 AD. In 5.5, you used to be able to copy members of a distribution list, and put into text file or Excel. I can not seem to figure out how to do this with AD and Exchange 2003. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!! All of the distribution list (mail-enabled groups now) and other recipient information is stored in the Active Directory. Manipulating the Active Directory is not quite as simple as manipulating the old Exchange dir...

Cannot set the LOCALE IDENTIFIER of the data source
In order to use the "translations" feature of Sql Server Analysis Services 2008 we need to set the locale identifier of the OLEDB connection string. However, it doesn't seem to be possible in Excel 2007. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem. 1- Open Excel 2007 2- Data > From other sources > From Analysis Services 3- Select a server and a database (it doesn't matter which), click next, click finish 4- Click properties, clear the "retrieve data and errors in the Office display language" checkbox, go to the definition tab, add "Locale Identifie...