Sort cells and "Place in this document"-hyperlinks

Dear group,

I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database.
Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point
from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks
remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the
wrong column after the sort.

How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these
hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table?

Thank you for any advice
Tom
0
usenet977 (1)
2/7/2012 10:50:21 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Better to see so send to me if you like at dguillett1 @gmail.com or
try
a double click event macro to select the column. I use this often for
sorting columns

Range("sortarea").Sort _
 Key1:=3DCells(mr + 1, ActiveCell.Column), Order1:=3Dxlascending, _
 Header:=3DxlGuess, OrderCustom:=3D1, Orientation:=3DxlTopToBottom

On Feb 7, 4:50=A0am, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <use...@tom.lautenbacher.biz>
wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database.
> Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point
> from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet.
>
> Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks
> remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the
> wrong column after the sort.
>
> How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these
> hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table?
>
> Thank you for any advice
> Tom

0
dguillett11 (103)

Sort cells and "Place in this document"-hyperlinks
Dear group, I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database. Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the wrong column after the sort. How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table? Thank you for any advice Tom Better to see so send to me if you like at dguille...

Insert Hyperlink -> Place in This Document
In Word, if the style of some texts is Heading n, for example, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3... then if you click Insert, and then click Hyperlink, and on the Place in This Document tab, you will see the "bookmarks" of these headings. I used the quotation mark here, as they are not bookmarks in the real sense. Certain characters, e.g. punctuations, or spaces are not allowed in the bookmarks. But if you change the style to Heading n, almost all characters are allowed. Is it possible to manually add these links? I have a document with a lot of headings, but the s...