Sort by empty fields

Hi:
I have a mailing list, and about 1/3 of the records do not have email
addresses.
QUESTION: how do I sort the list so that only the records with empty email
address fields appear?
Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
flynn (25)
2/10/2005 4:40:33 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mark,

use the AutoFilter at Data=>Filter

and then use Custom...

Best

Markus

0
anonymous (74719)
2/10/2005 12:36:58 PM
You can use an AutoFilter to show the records. There are instructions here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

 From the dropdown list in the Email column heading, choose (Blanks)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/10/2005 12:58:35 PM
for a calc. people must be able to select 1 of 5 possible arguements
if they select:
Org 1 then membershipfee = 1
Org 2 then membershipfee = 2
Org 3 then membershipfee = 5
etc....

How do I make such a pull down/scroll field/select field ?
Can't find it in Microsoft Excell....

--
Sven-Brussels
 GSM: +32 (0)485/389679

 For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit:
       http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven
-----------
Have a nice day...

0
aertssven (1)
2/10/2005 1:24:47 PM
Somewhere in the workbook, create a list of organizations and membership
fees.

In your main table, you could use data validation in one cell, to choose
the organization. Then use VLOOKUP formulas to return the matching
membership fees in the adjacent cells. There are instructions and
examples here:

There's a sample invoice that uses data validation and VLookup formulas
here:

Under Data Validation, look for 'Invoice for Selected Number'

Sven Aerts wrote:
> for a calc. people must be able to select 1 of 5 possible arguements
> if they select:
> Org 1 then membershipfee = 1
> Org 2 then membershipfee = 2
> Org 3 then membershipfee = 5
> etc....
>
> How do I make such a pull down/scroll field/select field ?
> Can't find it in Microsoft Excell....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/10/2005 1:32:46 PM
Hi  Marcus, Debra and Sven:
Thank you all for your prompt responses, and help.
I greatly appreciate your time and expertise.
Best regards, Mark Flynn

"Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I have a mailing list, and about 1/3 of the records do not have email
> addresses.
> QUESTION: how do I sort the list so that only the records with empty email
> address fields appear?
> Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
flynn (25)

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Outlook 2002 Contact Phone Number Field Formatting
Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to include the paren's and hyphens? If this is suppose to happen, what is the setting to make it happen? They do here and always have. What are you seeing? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mike <michael.kelner@fmr.com> asked: | Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number | contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to | include th...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

How to sort account list?

Sorting

Row names will not move with sort

show continous fields
I would like a control (or subform) on a form to behave similar to a report field set to "can grow" and "can shrink". I want to view several records continously, not broken up like the continuous forms requires, but more like a report that shows the data continuously. I tried putting report on a form like a subform, but MS Access doesn't go for that. Is there any way to accomplish this? In this setting the data is for viewing only. -- sam Yo can use the form record source to remove the records that you don't want to display, if Null or Empty? Why do you need...

sorts not sorting

Exporting fields in CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase
I'm attempting to export some of the fields in the CRM 4.0 knowledgebase, and most of them are easy enough to do, as they are non-joined fields. However, the "Body" of the KB I'm a little unsure about. I see int he SQL table/view, there is an "articlexml" field and a "content" field. I'm unsure on how to hand the export of these two fields, or if I can disregard one of the fields. Does anyone have any ideas for handling this type of content? -- Sketchy ...

import- number- sort?

sorting macro #3

how2: show contact name and phone fields in task list
It would be useful if I could display contact name and phone number fields in my task list. In Simple View I've used Field Chooser to insert these columns into the table .. but alas! the fields are blank. Can I do what I want to do and .. how? thanks Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook lets you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different types of items in the folder. You may be able to accomplish what you want, however, with a little custom VBA code. For an example, see http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=566 -- Su...

Sorting checking register

Is it possible to sequentially number the comments field
Anyone out there clever enough to tell me how to sequentially populate the comments field in cells... the problem I can see is that the cells are in a grid of A5-10 through to i5 to 10, I want them populating a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10,b5,b6 etc and when I get to i10 I want the sequence to carry over to the next sheet... Don't want much do I ;) TIA Nick It looks like rather than "sequentially" populating the Comment fields, you are simply putting the cell's address into the Comment field. If that observation is correct, then I do not know what you mean when you said "when ...

Form Field Auto-Resize
I have a form based on a table with Memo fields. Is it possible to have the form fields automatically resize if I cut and paste text from documents into the form? Thanks, (B^>)-]=[ On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:01:09 -0400, "WSR" <wsr203@hughes.net> wrote: No. CanGrow can be used with Reports. With forms you're on your own to do the resizing. Not a trivial task with proportional fonts. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have a form based on a table with Memo fields. Is it possible to have the >form fields automatically resize if I cut and paste...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

How can I format the #of decimals, field types, etc. automaticall.
I am importing a delimited file, it can be a csv, tab delimted, doesn't matter, but I want it to come up in excel properly formatted to the # of decimal places each field is formatted with in the delimited file. I also want zip code to come in with a leading 0, not be interpreted as a number even though I have enclosed it in quotes. If you double click on a .csv file, excel will open it the way it wants. If you rename the file to .txt, you could see the import wizard and format each field as text--but that makes arithmetic a little more difficult. (I wouldn't do it this way.)...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Read Only Fields 04-18-04
Hello! Is there a way to make CRM fields (either standard or custom) to be read-only? What I want is to fill the fields with data from another program and not allow users to change them. Thanks a lot, Elena Not in the standard product. As always could try manipulating the underlying source code but you would not be supported. Hopefully this feature will appear in a version 2.0 release "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:%23EDvO$VJEHA.428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is there a way to make CRM fields (either standard...

Sort not sorting all rows
I'm using Excel 2000. have created a document, uploaded it to google docs and spreadsheets, exported it as a doc, converted it to a spreadsheet (excel) and uploaded it again to google docs. It's not a complicated file - no calculations or anything, just a simple log to enable us to collaborate on change requests and website faults. New requests are assigned a number incrementally one higher than the previous. So we need to sort on the Log number column to see what the last logged number was. However, it sorts most of the spreadsheet and leaves the same 5 rows unsorted at the...

Sort date by day and not year
Need to sort birthdates by month and day; ignore year. Ex: Would like to sort like list below: 3/02/1997 3/15/2002 3/21/1996 Not like this: 3/21/1996 3/02/1997 3/15/2002 Please help and thank you for your help. Kathy Hi one way: - add an additional helper column (lets ay B) - insert the following formula in B1 (if column A stores your list): =MONTH(A1) - copy this formula for all rows - sort with this helper column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kathy wrote: > Need to sort birthdates by month and day; ignore year. > > Ex: > Would like to sort like list below: >...

requery field in Sub-SubForm
I have a form within a form within a form f001ProjectReview (Main Form), f019Warranty (SubForm), f019WarrantyDetails (sub-subForm) When the ProjectID changes on the main form, I need to requery the UnitNoOpt combobox in the sub-subForm. I tried ... amoung other attempts Me.f019Warranty.Form!f019WarrantyDetails.Form!UnitNoOpt.Requery Thank you for your help -- deb Deb, That syntax looks good to me. What event are you running this code on? What is the Row Source of the combobox? -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP deb wrote: > > I have a form within a form within a form...

2007 Percent field Issues
We just converted to Office 2007, but my database is 2003 so that could be my issue. (I don't have the time to convert the db to 2007 and do any clean up at this time.) Here is my problem: I have a field called "Percent Discount" with a field size set to Single and no decimal places. On the form, the user types in 10% into the field (2007 automatically shows the % sign). The next field is an expression =[Amount]-[Dollar Discount]-[Percent Discount] (The usercan give a dollar discount or a percent discount depending on theirneeds). It is only subtracting .1% rather than 10%. How...