Some text displays as #################

I have an Excel (2007) sheet with three columns. All are formatted as
text. In some rows, the third column contains several hundred
characters. Those cells display as ################, but if I select
that cell, the display window above shoes the actual data and if I
press F2, I can see all of the data.

This would not be a problem, but when I export this sheet, the csv
file contains the ##########s and not the actual data.

What am I doing wrong?
0
Prof
2/28/2010 1:44:08 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message
>I have an Excel (2007) sheet with three columns. All are formatted as
> text. In some rows, the third column contains several hundred
> characters. Those cells display as ################, but if I select
> that cell, the display window above shoes the actual data and if I
> press F2, I can see all of the data.
>
> This would not be a problem, but when I export this sheet, the csv
> file contains the ##########s and not the actual data.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

 You need to make the column wider, that's all.
Put the cursor between this third column(C) and the next (D) and double
click to resize it.
You can fit 32,767 characters in a single cell on 2007

Tom

0
Not6048 (4)

TEXT = text

display as
I've tried to change the "display as" field, but it always resets to as in the "full name" field. (When I send to a contact, o nthe "to:" field ends up showing the "full name", instead of the "display as" name I've tried to save. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way where I could assign "nick names", so it's easier to identify contacts rather going through a list of the same first names or last names? each time? thanks. #1) Outlook version? #2) How are you trying to change the Email Display As field? ...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Account Overview report does not display subaccounts
Hi all, I don't know if I am missing something here but it seems the Account Overview report does not display subaccounts, even after I modify the include/exclude drop down and refresh the report (or click on View Report). I would like to display a hierarchy of subaccounts for the selected parent account. I thought that the Account Overview report was intended to do that! Thanks, Mohamed ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Text Search in for the field of memo does not workd
hello, Here is my VBA, but does not work for text search in my textbox search. Private Sub Txtcari_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strFilter = "([Nota] LIKE """ & "*" & Me.Txtcari & "*" & """)" Me.Filter = strFilter Me.FilterOn = True CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError End Sub Thanks in advance for your help. -- H. Frank Situmorang You've declared strSQL, and you attempt to use its content with the Execute method, but you haven't assigned anything to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...

Further Info on changing text in one cell to to criteria of another.
I have a workbook that charts the progress of my clients. One of m cells automatically determines their age, and when they become olde than six, I need another cell's text to automatically change to "AO (standing for "Aged Out" of my program). I cannot us the functio =IF(A1>6,"AO"," ") because I already have the clients status imputed i that cell. I need it to be a type of conditional formatting or VB cod so that it will automatically change once the reach 6. I have attache an example of my workbook. It has a VB code that changes the row colo based on ...

Excel format display
Does anybody know how to display the keystrokes in Excel to assist in editing? Donna The wording here is a little ambiguous. Could you re-post with a better descriptions? If you want a list of shortcut keys for editing, see Help>Answer Wizard or Index on "shortcut keys". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:21:03 -0700, "Donna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anybody know how to display the keystrokes in Excel to assist in editing? ...

Cropping text from a number
Hi I am doing a staight comparisions of two numbers in two different cells (a percentage increase) However one of the numbers I am using has an asterisk on the left hand end of the number. Obviously excel cannot calculate the increase given it is not redaing the cell as a number. How can I right a formula so that excell does not read the asterisk rather only the number any help would be appreciated Hi Matt! You could set up an extra column to the right of the offending numbers and use: Data > Text to Columns Or you could set up and extra column and parse the offending numbers ...

Current Year to display in text
Is there a way to get the current year to display in a title if there is other text with it? For example: I have a sheet with the following text in it: 2011 Benefit Time I'm looking for a way have just the year update itself at the change of the new year so when someone opens a blank form in 2012, it will read 2012 Benefit Time Again, the title is all in once cell with it centered. I would rather not place the date in the cell by itself. Is there a way to insert just a date prior to text inside a cell? Or Is there an insert date option like in MS word? Hi Gadgetman, Am Thu, 23 ...