Small Name Box

Hi,

    The name box in MS Excel is rather small and narrow. Is there a way to
expand it ?
--
Regards,
Adrian

0
xinke (8)
7/31/2004 6:57:43 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Adrian

check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm

Cheers
JulieD

"Adrian" <xinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     The name box in MS Excel is rather small and narrow. Is there a way to
> expand it ?
> --
> Regards,
> Adrian

0
JulieD1 (2295)

In Excel how do I delete or change the name of a range of cells?
I named a range of cells. Now I want to give this name to another range of cells, but I cannot delete nor change the original name. Try clicking Insert > Name > Define The options to add / delete names are there -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Naming and Deleting a Range Name" <Naming and Deleting a Range Name@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2A815CE-2BD2-4533-AA5E-D94EDE3DD8B2@microsoft.com... > I named a range of cells. Now I want to give this name to another range of > c...

Error
While running the Redeployment Wizard - I am getting a database error. Here is the entry from the import.log file 08/25/2005 09:30:34 Database updated succesfully, row count is 46 08/25/2005 09:30:34 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 08/25/2005 09:30:34 There is already an object named 'BusinessUnitBaseTemp' in the database. 08/25/2005 09:30:34 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 08/25/2005 09:30:42 Import ended Any ideas what could be the issue? Thanks Rajib Did you install CRM and click Use existing database? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "rajibhasa...

names dropdown list
I have version 2002 SP-2 Outlook. Also, under tools/options/email options/advanced email options, I have "suggest names while completing" and "automatic name checking" checked. I was recently moved from outlook express to Outlook. Now when I write a letter, when I start writing a name, nothing happens. When I start writing an email address, then I get a suggestion drop down list. , How do I get names to do that,. I had no problem in Outlook Express. Outlook's AutoComplete feature, first introduced in Outlook 2002, only works against addresses you&#...

combobox and text box
Hello everybody I 'am a beginner in programming. I have create a form in M Access .and inside i have a combobox with record in one column. Nearby, i add a textbox. my need is to feel the textbox with the records in one is selected in the combobox. Can anyone help me please? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Assuming your combo is called cmbcombo. Assuming your text field is called txtfield The code really depends on the number of columns you have, (i.e. if your first column's width is 0 then you will ...

small query
if constructor is private, can i create object thru mfc ...

How can I make the name/label of hyperlink appear when mouse move.
I am trying to make the name of an object appear when I move the mouse pinter over the top of it in Microsoft Publisher. I am new to this so I hope I am using the correct lingo. Thanks! ...

Display only check box in CListView
I know that it is possible to have a check box in a ListBox but I would like to have a read only check box in a CListCtrl on my main window. Is that possible and how would I set it up? ...

Add-ins and #NAME errors
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was saved with a series of add-in function calls. The add-in wasn't loaded at the time, and the UDF cells contained #NAME errors. When I opened the sheet on a machine that did contain the relevant add-in, I expected that hitting F9, Shift+F9 or at the very most Ctrl+Alt+F9 would recalculate all the cells including the ones with the #NAMEs. However this was not the case. The only way I could fix this sheet was by using an F2+Enter combination on the broken #NAME cells. Since the range was relatively large, I used a VBA macro with SendKeys. ...

client pc domain name does not change automatically after domain r
Hi all, I perform a domain rename procedure using netdom and rendom which was successful. Did a netdiag test and all dns related tests passed. However my domain member PCs did not change to new domain automatically. I rebooted the member pc serveral times and have checked that the option "change primary dns suffix when domain membership changes" is enabled. What i realise is that the new AD zone created in my dns does not have a host record for my member computer. I deleted the old zone and create a host record on the new zone, restart the member pc serveral times bu...

Pasting Data into a webpage text box
Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm reposting at MS so it appears where I wanted the posting. I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document to a webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in. The webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the word document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file and perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall This destroys the box and just displays th...

allowing a text box to grow
Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an arrangement for my error messages and would like it to fit my messages. Use DrawText to compute the rectangle required and resize your control to accomodate it. joe On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:31:07 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the >length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an >arra...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition
We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action Pack - but are encountering some difficulties. Does this application have to be installed onto an SBS server directly? Can it not be installed on a server which participates in a SBS domain? Regards -- Mark Baker Operations Manager SITOC Ltd Must be installed on SBS server. Ian "Mark Baker" <MarkBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E202DEC8-C1A5-4A3E-86F3-094D462ECBE8@microsoft.com... > We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action > Pack - > but are ...

OWA and Domain\User Name Logon
Something strange happened to the logon requirements when logging onto OWA... Initially when I configured OWA the user was required to use his or her domain with their username when logging onto OWA. Now, the domain portion before the user name is no longer required. Although more convenient for the user to logon this way, I'd like to see the logon requirements as they were with the domain portion of the logon required. I am wondering what could have happened to change this feature. Any ideas? How would one change it back? Thanks in advance. Raymond- If somebody put a \ in the default...

naming colours
A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying colours. In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? AGJT AGJT wrote: > A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying > colours. > > In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause > colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? > > AGJT Not quite sure what you mean - if you hold your mouse over a colour for a second or two a tooltip will appear with the colour name, just like Word. If that's not what you meant, post back...

Accrue Vacation and Sick Boxes Gone
Hello: In the GP 10.0 Pay Code and Employee Pay Code setup windows, the Accure Vacation and Sick checkboxes are gone. Why is that? Is it because PTO Manager is installed? Thanks! childofthe1980s If you are using attendance in HR the checkboxes are gone because the accrual is happening in HR instead of Payroll. If you change the Accrue Type in the Attendance Setup window to 'Payroll' the checkboxes will come back. "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In the GP 10.0 Pay Code and Employee Pay Code setup windows, the Accure > Vacation and Sick checkbox...

Function Box
Hi, Is there a way to make the function dialogue box larger? I would lik for the text in the box to appear larger. Thanks, Joh -- Garmonj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Garmonjo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1657 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31433 AFAIK the only way to do this is within windows display appearance. However, it will change a lot of other things that you may NOT want. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Garmonjo" <Gar...

CRM3.0: Small Business Edition only with Small Business Server?
Hi folks, if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? thanks in advance, taxi Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is intended to run on the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 r2 (latest release). Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small > Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? > > thanks in advance, > taxi Hi, i m...

Named range in VBA
Hi All, Is it possible to access a named worksheet range in VBA? What type would that return? Thanks, Mark On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:51:51 -0800 (PST), Cuperman007@gmail.com wrote: >Hi All, > >Is it possible to access a named worksheet range in VBA? Yes > What type >would that return? Range object > >Thanks, >Mark --ron You could use: Dim myRng as range set myrng = thisworkbook.worksheets("somesheet").range("somename") and it would return a range variable. You could also go through the Names collection dim myRng as range set myrng = thiswor...

How to display the page name as a heading on drawing page?
I'm working on a flowchart document with multiple pages. I'm trying to make it clearer and easier to read by displaying the page name (shown in a tab/page properties) as a heading of each page. I.e. Drawings are various use cases and when printing the document out as PDF, each flow should have a corresponding title. I'm using a background template for the page layout, so somehow it would make sense to place this page heading element there too. I have seen this done in Visio, but cannot find options or help how to do it myself. Many thanks for anyone able to point out the ri...

change font for drop down box
I'm trying to change the font in a drop down box. While I can change the size of the box, the font stays the same. changing the font of the 'input range' doesn't work. Hi Woody! Here's the result of a Google Search: Debra Dalgleish wrote 17-Jan-2004 in misc group: You can't change the font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia nj...

Looking for a name within a string
Hello I'm looping over a file ,and as I get each line I'm looking for a particualr name. I've tried use the split method, but each line contains whitespaces, and an un even number of white spaces, so the text item I'm looking for isn't always th esame element. Here is a sample of each line of text I I get devicetype1 address1 sn1 file1.txt cost1 devicetype2 address2 sn2 file2.txt cost2 The file I'm looking for has the .txt extension it, so how would I go about finding the location, and going backwards till the firs ...

BOOKLET(SMALL)
Is there an easy way to make a small booklet in publisher? About a 10 page booklet. I want to divide a 8.5 by 11 sheet in quarters, and utilize both sides of the paper. I suppose to could cut the sheet in half? But I want to do this basically on one set in Publisher without having to open 2 or 3 documents? thanks The number of booklet pages are in numbers of four, i.e., four, eight, twelve, sixteen, etc. Four pages per sheet of paper. You could cut two pages from a booklet but it would literally mean trimming almost half a sheet in two. (Remember to retain enough to staple). A little p...

New Users names not appearing in Global Address List
I have Exchange 2003 running with Outlook 2003 on my client PCs... some 200 Mailboxes... I have recently created 3 new user accounts via AD Users and Computers... The mailboxes work, they can send/receive emails fine, but they do not show up when internal users look for them in the GAL. Does anyone know what I can try, or where I can check to see if the settings are correct? Thanks in advance... Chris H How long ago did you install them? Did you give them enough time for complete replication? Also, as this is an Exchange issue rather than an Outlook one, you might want to post to a...

Keeping named cells relative
I am not sure if the "Subject" correctly reflects the question but here is what I am trying to do. I have a standard worksheet in Excel 2000. I have named a cell (Q3)O2k and another cell (I3)Firmware. The insertion of rows and columns in this spread sheet is inevitable given the nature of what I am doing with it. When rows/columns are inserted, the named cell stays where it was created and does not follow it's intended position. i.e. Insert a column left of I3 and the named cell becomes H3. I want it to follow I3 I can go into the Macro editor and adjust the reference but very...