Single Pivot Table from multiple spreadsheets

I am looking for a little advice as how to handle this situation best. I
have several Excel documents that I would like to summarize and put into a
Pivot Table.  This is basically a timesheet summary utility.  Our
organization uses an Excel template for our timesheets.  I would like be
able to import a certain range of timsheets into a query or pivot table for
analysis and breakdown.

How can I best accomplish this?

thanks...

0
jfoster (1)
7/29/2003 8:40:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

When going through the Pivot table wizard, choose multiple consolidation
ranges. This should also work with multiple workbooks as well as long as you
"show it" where these files are

"John Foster" <jfoster@bhsolutions.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a little advice as how to handle this situation best. I
> have several Excel documents that I would like to summarize and put into a
> Pivot Table.  This is basically a timesheet summary utility.  Our
> organization uses an Excel template for our timesheets.  I would like be
> able to import a certain range of timsheets into a query or pivot table
for
> analysis and breakdown.
>
> How can I best accomplish this?
>

> thanks...

0
Scruff57 (12)

A get/change first operation on table 'ASI_MSTR_Explorer_Favorites' cannot find the table
Hi All, I am currently doing a server migration from two servers (following the detailed KB steps) and am experiencing the error: A get/change first operation on table 'ASI_MSTR_Explorer_Favorites' cannot find the table Here is the scenario Old Server: A. Platform: Server OS: Windows 2003 Server DB: SQL 2000 with Reporting services (both OS and DB have updated service packs) GP 8.0 Number of GP Companies: 40 B. Issues: - I do not get any ASI errors and there is no issues whatever user I use including the SA user - When I log onto Client Workstation J, i also do not get the err...

What table....
What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is found on the side when you are filling out a contact. CustomerAddress Base Dave "GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA8C768F-3664-4FAF-9CBA-6F6F28C8FD64@microsoft.com... > What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is > found on the side when you are filling out a contact. Dear, Check Customeraddressbase. I hope this will help u. Thanks, MVP- CRM/.Net mscrmexpert@gmail.com "GDaxon&qu...

Get Pivot Table Data Formula
Is anyone a Pivot Table Guru? I need to use the GetPivotData formula to get a subtotal line within the Pivot, but when I use the equals I keep getting a reference error! eg. Need to access Sep Hrs - cannot get total as I receive a ref error. But for Total hrs I can use the formula!! Is there a way I can use the getpivotdata formula or another formula to access these category subtotals from the pivot table!! The pivot table is dynamic aswell, and its range grows as you add in additional weeks.. Help!! There are example GetPivotData formulas in Excel's Help. Can you base your fo...

Pivot Table Request
I tried to make a Pivot Table do the following: "Show me the right value - copy the value to a Temporarily worksheet" I tried the code shown below. How ever it keeps on giving me the same error in: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").AddFields RowFields:="", ColumnFields:="Activity", PageFields:="ARF Code" Does someone see the error? Thanks in Advance! Sub Get_DATA_ARF() Dim cLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim iPos As Long k = Sheets("LookUp").Range("AM1").Value Windows("Kostenbeheerssysteem.xls").Activa...

Export Multiple Calendars
Does anyone know of an automated process or software that will allow you to export every calendar in your Exchange store. With the impending DST update, we wanted to CYA and have a copy of everyone's calendar before doing the patch installs this weekend. On 21 Feb 2007 08:19:12 -0800, "Whammer" <Whammer29@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of an automated process or software that will allow >you to export every calendar in your Exchange store. > >With the impending DST update, we wanted to CYA and have a copy of >everyone's calendar before doing the ...

Multiple IMAP Account Eror : (0x8004DF0B)
Hello, I have more IMAP e-mail accounts created in Outlook, the problem apears when I try to send and receive, randomly one of the accouns geve the error "(0x8004DF0B) : Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account ...." and sets the account ofline. I've tested the accounts with Outlook Express and all was fine but in Outlook not. Can anyone geve me some hints or tips Thanks "Octavian Ciobanu" <tavi@xdesign.com.ro> wrote in message news:<36b901c40127$bc1b6200$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > Hello, > > I have ...

Pivot Chart Legend editing?
How can I edit the legend in a Pivot Chart in Excel 2007? Or, if thats not possible, can I edit the data titles in the values field? Ex: the field is titled Amount Awarded. In the Pivot Field List-Values it is "Sum of" or "Count of Amount Awarded". How can I edit out "Sum of" or "Count of" so it doesn't appear in the chart? On your pivot table, edit the data field heading, and change the name. Since "Amount Awarded" is already reserved as the name of the data, you'll have to cheat and make the name something like "A...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

Table modification : You can't open the table for modification
Hi, I tried to add a new column for my table in dsign view. I get this message when i open it for design. The database was actually converted from Access 97 to 2003. Please help. it urgent. Thanks in advance. Regards, Surya -- Suryanarayana Bollapragada ...

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Problem creating DataSet structure from xsd: The same table (...) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.
Suppose we have an object hierarchy in XSD. For example, let us take Control, Label, TextBox and LinkLabel windows controls. Each control has some properties which are represented as elements. Some of the elements are of complex types as well, like bounds - of type rectangle. (See full example in the bottom of the letter.) DataSet.ReadXMLSchema fails to parse such XSD file. The problem is caused by complex type as an element of the base type of hierarchy. (In the example this type is called rectangle.) More specifically, when parsing the example XSD file DataSet.ReadSchema would 1. Create tab...

W2003: find cursor location in table coordinates (table/row/column
I've been asked to extract data from an existing form that I didn't set up, and the format is less than ideal. To minimize my cycles of testing, it would be much easier to place my cursor in a sample document, and then debug.print the cursor location as table coordinates so I can hardcode the 'cells' that I need to extract. There are about 15 tables total, and I'll have to extract content from most of them. I played around with the range.parent object but couldn't figure out how to return the table info. I also googled, but no joy. Any suggestions...

Sorting In Pivot Table #2
Hello, I have a pivot table with many rows in the table. It now sorts alphabetically. What I want to do is bring several different rows to the top and leave the remaining rows sorted alphabetically. I tried setting up a custom sort with the row titles listed in the proper order but it only put one of the items at the top. Can anyone help to do what I want? Thanks JB ...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?
Dear Excel 2003 Users, I created a fairly nice pivot table that feeds a chart showing the amount of hours for all of the different clients that a person has worked on. Management liked it but asked a question that left me scratching my somewhat empty head. Is there any way to filter out the "less important" clients - e.g. clients that were worked on for less than 5 hours? The data for the pivot table originates from an Access database, so I guess I could always do it there, but I was hoping that there was some way to have a pull down (similar to the pivot table pull down for th...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

SSRS 2005 Tables, long cell
Hello, I have a table in SSRS 2005 that has a cell with very long content that spans across multiple pages. The data from the cells in the same row as the long cell repeat on each new page. Is there away to turn off that "repeat" function? I've tried turning off Repeat Headers, but that didn't work and this repeating is happening at the detail level. Rather than: Page 1: Column 1 Long Column 2 Page 2: Column 1 Long Column 2 Continued I want: Page 1: Column 1 Long Column 2 Page 2: Long Column 2 Continued Thanks in advance. Egg...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Single record
Is it possible to print a single record per page? I have a spreadshee with 240 records and I want to be able to print a single record pe page, preferably with the column headings vertically down the side. have only a short time (about 20 hrs) to acheive this. : -- zigeune ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zigeuner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47047 How about a small macro to get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim w...

Syntax Error Writing in MDB table
I have an excel sheet that uses Access tables in the background to store information... The file has been functioning, but for various reasons, I needed to change the name of the Access file from "PDAv1_be.mdb" with a table called "clients", to "PDAdatabase.mdb" with a table called database. I now keep getting an error saying that input table or query "clients" cannot be found. When I change the script to "database", I get an error "Syntax error in FROM clause". The code causing the problem is pasted below... --------...

Two accounts same machine share a single pst file
I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. I would like to have both accounts point to a single pst so that I don't have to use my pda to synch between the two. Any suggestions? John What you mean by "accounts" is not clear. Assuming you mean Internet Mail accounts, just setup both accounts in the same profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dsfds" <dsaf> wrote in message news:422d7b17$0$6967$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. >I > would like...

Tables 02-29-08
I have 2 tables: Table1 & Table2. There is a one to many relationship between Table1 and Table2. I have a form based on Table2. I built the form after there was already data in tables1 & 2. The form successfully enters data into Table2. I have a subdatasheet that links all records in table2 to the records in table1. i can see all data that was originally in table 2, but nothing that has been entered in table2 from that form. Does anyone know why????? On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:46:01 -0800, Harvard <Harvard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 tables: Table1 &...

Pivot table range selection changes when opening 2003 xls in Excel 2007
Has anyone noticed that Pivot table range selection gets messed up when opening a Excel 2003 document in Excel 2007? This causes some of the data to be left out from the table, which causes confusion. How can I prevent this from happening. We don't wanna redo all the spreadsheets in Excel 2007..... Thanks. saqib http://doctrina.wordpress.com/ On Jun 22, 6:12=A0am, Saqib Ali <docbook....@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone noticed that Pivot table range selection gets messed up > when opening a Excel 2003 document in Excel 2007? This causes some of > the data to be left out ...

is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook?
is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook? as i have got over 500 cells with vlookup in a single sheet, with more than 50 sheets in a workbook. Thank you!! Shift+F9 will calculate only the active sheet. From the XL Help for XL2003: ----- Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a workbook is set for automatic calculation, you do not need to press F9 for calculation. Press SHIFT+F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and fo...

Route all emails to a single SMTP address ?
Hi, Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, whoever was the original recipient. Thanks, Chris On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:32:52 +0100, "Chris" <tophe_news@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect >all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, >whoever was the original recipient. > >Thanks, >Chris > > if your BE is up the creek then you hav...