simple sheet ?

Hi

Would it be possible to have a Simple Spread Sheet that would recognise the
input of the SAME number if it were entered three times and then highlight
that number in a different place and the number could be anything between 1
and 2000

--
Keith

0
ardigon (3)
4/11/2004 4:52:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could have a helper column in b.

if all the numebrs are in col a.

have an equation in b1:-

=countif(a:a=a1)

and in c1

if(b1=>3,("This number has appeared three times "&b1),"")

copy this formula down.

this the kinda thing ure after

Hi Keith

I would say Condidional Formatting could suit your needs. See
"Highlighting Duplicates" on this page;
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/Formulas.htm

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
0
dave2624 (251)
4/12/2004 1:43:21 AM
Thanks for the reply
i just get an error wityh that one cheers ne way
"ianripping >" <<ianripping.14kikg@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> You could have a helper column in b.
>
> if all the numebrs are in col a.
>
> have an equation in b1:-
>
> =countif(a:a=a1)
>
> and in c1
>
> if(b1=>3,("This number has appeared three times "&b1),"")
>
> copy this formula down.
>
> this the kinda thing ure after?
>

> ---

ardigon (3)
4/12/2004 7:10:31 PM
Thanks for your re[ply
"Dave Hawley" <dave@ozgrid.com> wrote in message
> Hi Keith
>
> I would say Condidional Formatting could suit your needs. See
> "Highlighting Duplicates" on this page;
> http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/Formulas.htm

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
> Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***

0
ardigon (3)

Consolidation of totals from various sheet on to one sheet
With 10 worksheets in one workbook each with totals, how can I automatically transfer these totals to a new worksheet to give an overall summary of the 10 sheets. I am not into gobbledygook so I need simple idiots understanding assistance. All help gratefully received Please reply to Group JasB Couldn't you simply use =Sheet1!A10 =Sheet2!A10 etc etc Where A10 on each sheet has the totals ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** So simple Many thanks Jasb "Dave Hawley" <dav...

Copying a macro button between sheets
Hi all I have a macro button that tells excel to go to another sheet, copy a block of rows and then past those rows into the original sheet. The problem I have is that the block of cells I'm copying also has a macro button which also prompts excel to go to a different sheet and copy and past a row (this is a nested marco) The problem is that when i copy the top level macro, the embedded macro no longer pastes its row in the current sheet, it goes to the other sheet. So, my question is, how do I change the embedded macro so that it always uses the current sheet as the reference I'v...

access form in data sheet format
I am trying to view the results of a query in a form. I have a "sales order table" that has order lines, each line has product detail and a "CustomerID" which comes from a table called "Contacts" I have queried the relevant data from the sales order table and created a form in datasheet format. I want to be able to select the customers ID from a combo box and for the datasheet view form to then update showing only the order lines applicable to that customer. The Combo box is currently set to select data from the contacts table, the data comes from the Sales...

Find in sheet 2
How can I choose a Cell in Sheet 1 and find out if what is in that cell is also ANYWHERE in column G in SHEET 2? For instance, the number "6" is in cell C1 of sheet#1, and I want to know if "6" is anywhere in column G of Sheet #2 of the same workbook. Thank you, Tammie One way: =COUNTIF(Sheet2!G:G, C1) will return the number of 6's in column G, given your example. If you just want to return TRUE or FALSE: =COUNTIF(Sheet2!G:G,C1) > 0 In article <179601c47bd3$f999d220$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Tammie" <ehelpplease@yahoo.com> wrote: &...

Maximum number of Sheets?
Just a quick question: - How many sheets can a work book have? The reason I am asking is that I have a very large spreadsheet that contains a nested Vlookup formula to return values from other workbooks. I am thinking of transfering all the sheets from the other workbooks to my main Spreadsheet to speed up the Vlookup process( which can take a very long time). They will be around 100 sheets. IS this possible Anthony Yes, that's possible. The number of sheets only depends on the amount of memory in your computer. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. &q...

how to create a chart of a sheet from a xsl file that is on a url
Hi. I would like to create a chart. The "problem" is that the file, that already is a XSL file is on a URL and i what the chart to be update from that file each time i open my xsl file. In other words, i have a file that each time i open is going to do an update on a chart based on data that is on a static URL. Thank you. ...

Open a specific excel sheet from Access
Hi All, In my from, i let users open an excel file with application.followhyperlink. Excel sheet has separate sheets with name of the user. this excel sheet is already saved at the shared drive. What is need is that, when the user opens the excel file, file should select the sheet with the user's name on it. PLease let me know if this is possible. thanks, navin Navin, It is possible with automation. Following is air code, so don't count on the syntax to be perfect, but it will give you the idea. This would fire in the click event of a command button (cmdOpenExcel). Private S...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

sheet protection
I have an excel workbook that has certain cells in sheet one protected. My users have found that if they copy sheet 1 to sheet two, they get all of the data, but the protection is no longer there. They then change things they shoudn't and it throws off the entire process. is there any way i can keep the protection when they copy to a new sheet or even when they insert a new sheet then copy to that one. I have written a macro that fires every time a new sheet is activeted, but I can't seem to get that to work either. Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If yo...

Looking Up Values On Different Sheets
is it possible to look up values from different sheets ??? *for example: * i have created a page called *print-out* and this is where i want th findings to be put. i need something that will look up all values tha say *10.00am* and copy columns A-D onto the printout sheet. But thes are all on differnt sheets. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 Sheet 3 Sheet 4 10.00am 10.20am 10.00am 10.00am 10.20am 10.40am 10.40am 10.20am 10.40am do you understand ???? this if for a tournament scheduler where i need to print out al fixtures star...

Multiple Sheets in a template
Is it possible to have multiple worksheets in a template so when insert this template into a new workbook all the pages will com along? It seems that when I try and do this all my named ranges really ge messed up -- reddog906 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- reddog9069's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38835 I guess my question is how do named ranges work on multiple sheet templates? Does a named range depend on the name of the temp...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Lookups over muliple sheets
Hi, Is it possible to use Vlookup and Hlookup to search for its value over multiple worksheets in a different workbook. If so could you please give me an example. Also sometime ago I saw a post giving an example of an incremental Vlookup formula which did away with the need to manualy change the colunm index num. Thanks for any help Don hi, don ! > ... use Vlookup and Hlookup to search for its value over multiple worksheets in a different workbook... > Also sometime ago I saw a post giving an example of an incremental Vlookup formula which did away > with the need to manu...

tab sheet
Is is possible to increase the current one row of viewed worksheets at thew bottom of the screen to a mutltiple row format? I'm trying to view most, if not all of my tabs. Thanks. No, you can't have multiple rows of worksheet tabs. You are limited to one row. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "briank" <bjohnson@sslusa.com> wrote in message news:661501c377bc$e0a98970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is is possible to increase the current one row of viewed > worksheets at thew bottom of the screen to a mutltiple ro...

excel spread sheet
how do I add cells within a cell You can't. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4660EF42-1E6E-4DB2-B90D-A2A3754C0AF4@microsoft.com... > how do I add cells within a cell On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, dc <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >how do I add cells within a cell I suggest you get sneaky and merge all the cells you're working with *except* the ones you want to look like "cells ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

deleting every other line of sheet
I would like to delete every other line of an imported data. I have tried writing a macro that deletes every other line but it is very cumbersome. Could someone suggest a smarter way to do it? Many thanks Yours Andrew J Andrew, See if this method works any better. 1. In the column adjacent to your imported data enter and fill down the following formula: =Mod(Row(),2) This will fill down 0,1,0,1,... 2. Autofilter your imported data, including the new column of 0 and 1 3. In the Autofilter for the new column, select either 1 or 0 (depending on the data you want to keep) 4. Copy the ...

Remove Filters from all sheets
I have multiple sheets in my workbook and they are all often filtered for certain results. However, when I want to seach the workbook as a whole, it will only search through the filtered results - therefore I am having to go to each sheet and clear the filters in order to search the whole workbook. Is there a way to do this en masse for all sheets and all columns? Thanks in advance for your help! magmike magmike brought next idea : > I have multiple sheets in my workbook and they are all often filtered > for certain results. However, when I want to seach the workbook as a > whole,...

Resize rows in a protected sheet
Hi there. I'm sending out a protected worksheet with some cells that the users can enter variable amounts of text. I've set the size so they can comfortably fit in about 50 words but I'd like them to have the flexibility to resize the row height when they're editing the worksheet. But because it's protected, they can't. Is there anyway I can allow them to change the row height dynamically? A button or something?? Andrew A workaround. Format the alignment in the cell to Wrap text. Users can Keep entering text or returns (ALT+ENTER) in the cell and it will aut...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Update of data feed in sheet
Hi Can someone help? I have a spreadsheet that retrieves data from an external source, this works fine. The size of the download is such that it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. This is not to much of a problem apart from the fact that if I touch the mouse while hovering over the sheet when it is retrieving the data the process stops. I know I can restart the retrieval process by hitting the F9 key but is there anything I can do to stop the mouse click from ending my download? Any thoughts greatly appreciate. Regards Dave Hickey ...