Show/Hide Functions/Formulas

For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle show/hide
function.

Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine.

I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings set
to UK English Extended.

I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys with
no luck.

Help please.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle
> show/hide function.
>
> Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine.
>
> I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings
> set to UK English Extended.
>
> I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys
> with no luck.
>
> Help please.

Sorry, should have added it's Office 2003.

I use a USA keyboard, so this is just a guess.

If you close excel and reopen it in safe mode, does ctrl-` work ok?

Close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
Type in a formula and test it.

If that works ok, then maybe you have a macro that's been assigned to that
combination of keys.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I certainly don't remember assigning/creating a macro with this key
combination.
Have looked in Tools>Macros>Macros....... and there is none listed.

Thanks anyway.

> I use a USA keyboard, so this is just a guess.
>
> If you close excel and reopen it in safe mode, does ctrl-` work ok?
>
> Close excel
> windows start button|Run
> excel /safe
> Type in a formula and test it.
>
> If that works ok, then maybe you have a macro that's been assigned to
> that
> combination of keys.
>
> Smirnoff wrote:
>>
>> For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle
>> show/hide
>> function.
>>
>> Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine.
>>
>> I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings
>> set
>> to UK English Extended.
>>
>> I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys
>> with
>> no luck.
>>
>> Help please.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Have tried changing keyboard setting from UK Extended to just UK
keyboard. Ctrl+` toggle still doesn't work.
Can't figure out how selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing
mode works but the key combination doesn't.
Have searched web but cannot find any references to problem. This is
driving me nuts.

> Have just tried that, same result I'm afraid.
>
> I certainly don't remember assigning/creating a macro with this key
> combination.
> Have looked in Tools>Macros>Macros....... and there is none listed.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>

> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> I use a USA keyboard, so this is just a guess.
>>
>> If you close excel and reopen it in safe mode, does ctrl-` work ok?
>>
>> Close excel
>> windows start button|Run
>> excel /safe
>> Type in a formula and test it.
>>
>> If that works ok, then maybe you have a macro that's been assigned to
>> that
>> combination of keys.
>>
>> Smirnoff wrote:
>>>
>>> For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not toggle
>>> show/hide
>>> function.
>>>
>>> Selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing mode works fine.
>>>
>>> I am wondering if it is because I have regional (keyboard) settings
>>> set
>>> to UK English Extended.
>>>
>>> I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both Ctrl keys
>>> with
>>> no luck.
>>>
>>> Help please.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

If you change to a USA keyboard, does it work?

Is your keyboard programmable?  Have you programmed this key (or is it set up to
do something by default)?

(I don't have any guesses.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

However, I notice that in Control Panel>Regional
Settings>Languages>Details>Settings, if you highlight one of the
installed services and click Add or Remove, you can choose an input
language AND a keyboard layout.
Perhaps I should try UK English input language with US keyboard layout.
Christ they do make it complicated.
Thanks for your help and would appreciate any further comments

> If you change to a USA keyboard, does it work?
>
> Is your keyboard programmable?  Have you programmed this key (or is it
> set up to
> do something by default)?
>
> (I don't have any guesses.)
>
> Smirnoff wrote:
>>
>> Have tried changing keyboard setting from UK Extended to just UK
>> keyboard. Ctrl+` toggle still doesn't work.
>> Can't figure out how selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula
>> Auditing
>> mode works but the key combination doesn't.
>> Have searched web but cannot find any references to problem. This is
>> driving me nuts.
>>
>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Have just tried that, same result I'm afraid.
>> >
>> > I certainly don't remember assigning/creating a macro with this key
>> > combination.
>> > Have looked in Tools>Macros>Macros....... and there is none listed.
>> >
>> > Thanks anyway.
>> >

>> > "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Problem solved. I have an extended keyboard and that is what Excel
didn't like.

I have now selected UK English as input language and the normal English
keyboard rather than the extended option.

Can toggle to my hearts content now.
Phew!

> Yes, changed to US and worked OK.
> Seem to remember another poster saying that Ctrl+` worked fine with
> his
> UK settings.
> Fortunately, I have the Formula Auditing mode button in the toolbar, I
> wouldn't want to keep changing settings.
>
> However, I notice that in Control Panel>Regional
> Settings>Languages>Details>Settings, if you highlight one of the
> installed services and click Add or Remove, you can choose an input
> language AND a keyboard layout.
> Perhaps I should try UK English input language with US keyboard
> layout.
> Christ they do make it complicated.
> Thanks for your help and would appreciate any further comments
>

> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> If you change to a USA keyboard, does it work?
>>
>> Is your keyboard programmable?  Have you programmed this key (or is
>> it set up to
>> do something by default)?
>>
>> (I don't have any guesses.)
>>
>> Smirnoff wrote:
>>>
>>> Have tried changing keyboard setting from UK Extended to just UK
>>> keyboard. Ctrl+` toggle still doesn't work.
>>> Can't figure out how selecting Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula
>>> Auditing
>>> mode works but the key combination doesn't.
>>> Have searched web but cannot find any references to problem. This is
>>> driving me nuts.
>>>
>>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

Thanks for posting back.

Now google has it for the next person.

--

Dave Peterson
0

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

help formula versus value
Hi, I�ve got a problem. I get streaming forex data in cell i2 whenever the data changes I want to trigger a script to check something. I used this script in vb worksheet to trigger it. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("i2")) Is Nothing Then bla bla bla ect. But it only reacts when the actual value changes like when I type something in cell i2. Since there is a formula in i2 to get the streaming data it won�t trigger it. What am I doing wrong?:confused: Thanks for helping -- climax -----------------------------------------...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Error Loading CRM Functionality after Security Update
Well, here we go again... after Windows Update applied new Security patches yesterday, the CRM addin is not loading on several workstations. Anyone else seen this yet? I am going to try an uninstall/reinstall and post results. -- Glen Howie Microsoft CRM Product Specialist WolfBridge Solutions www.wolfbridgesolutions.com FYI, this is what seems to have been applied; - Update for Windows XP (KB922582) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007) - Update for Windows XP (KB920872) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685) -- Glen Howie Microsoft CRM Product Specialist WolfBridge Solution...

Cell value in formula
Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" and a formula in A2 is =LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) Im not sure what 'Letarad' is called in english, Findrow? /Marcus Hi have a look at the INDIRECT function for this >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. > >For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" >and a formula in A2 is >=LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) > >Im not su...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Help with Formula #10
I have a table with three columns. Column 1 has dates in it - no problem; column two has a dollar amount added each day; column three is the problem - it adds $0.07 to column two. The formula to do that I have already setup, however, all the cells in column three have a value of $0.07 showing until the value is added to column two. What I would like to do is to keep column three blank until a value is added to column two. How would this be done ? -- Steven. In God we trust, all others we virus scan. "elusiverunner" <elusiverunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

Using Mid Function with Pivot Table Calculated Item
Hi, I'm using excel 2007, I have a pivot table and I'm trying to create a calculated item, the formula for the Calculated item is: IF(MID('Project Title',7,1)="S", .20, .10) The Project Title field contains text and if the 7th character of the project title field is "S" I want the calculated item to return .20 otherwise ..10, but for some reason it is always returning .10. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks. Simon ...

working with excel worksheets, formulas
hi, i need to set up an Excel workbook that will allow me to input my sales data; and base on that data, give me performance stats, such as pulling sales from a particular date and outputting average sale or sales conversion rate. any help is much appreciated. here's what i've got: on one worksheet i have the stats/performance summary that cover one week; on the next worksheet, i have sale invoices with dates, prices, types, quantity and client info on the third worksheet, i would like to track my commission, because each type of product has different rate of commission. the m...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Question re: TODAY or NOW functions
Hi, I use MS Office XP, and have set up a BOOK that has 2 worksheets, worksheet1 named 'checklist' contains a list of 60 establishments wh send data to me on a monthly basis (rows), with a column for each mont of the financial year. When i receive data for an establishment i tic the corresponding cell in 'checklist' with a tick (capital 'P webdings2). I have recently set up worksheet2 as 'Date Received' and have copie the table from checklist here. I want to make it so that as i enter tick in the checklist, 'date received' will automatically fill in th dat...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

Hide toolbar in print preview?
How can I hide the toolbar (or at least disable it) in the print preview mode of a view? Thanks in advance, D. ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...