Show Data Field After Hiding

I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing
data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list.
And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but
if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to
recreate it.  For instance, my rows are years.  One of my data fields I
would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as %
difference from previous year.  The reason for wanting to hide one or
the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the
same chart.  Since the scales are obviously different, I can't have
them on the chart at the same time.  But when I hide the percent
change, I have to go back and recreate it each time.  Is this something
I have to live with?

Mike

0
mtonkovich (100)
4/26/2006 11:49:28 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

How to recover data from OL2003 OST file when Exchange Server is no longer available
Hello After Exchange Server (in Windows Small Business Server 2003) is no longer available, I still have an OST file (created in OL 2003), just under 2 GB in size. Can one recover the data from this OST file? Thanks, David Yes, you can get the data out of it. Do you still have the exchange profile or very recently deleted it? if so, it's a matter of moving the stuff to a pst. If not, you need a tool - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp and http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp for tools that you can use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

i WOULD LIKE TO FREEZE OLD DATA ON GRAPH TO ALLOW FOR UPDATE VIA M
I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro updates my graphs unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000 the system is no longer updating. I though if I could freeze the data on the graph I could omit the old data and just update based on the new. Any suggestions.. Hi, Excel only allows a certain number of data points on a chart, and I believe that limit is still in place in 2007: Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000 Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000 Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000 Depending on exactly what you are doi...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Linking Sharepoint data to Visio
Hello, I am looking into the Database possibilities of Visio Professional 2007. I managed to connect Sharepoint to Visio, but only in one way. So Sharepoint is leading and Visio follows. Is there a way to make the connection two ways, so that is Visio is changed, Shairepoint will follow ? Thanks, Arnold I'm going to assume that you have linked data to sharepoint via datarecordsets. Data recordsets can roundtrip information but it has to be done with custom code. Data recordsets can be read/updated in the document using xml. The export then has to be coded based upon the target yo...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Filtering Excel Data
Hi, I have just downloaded an excel file, which contains lottery number and the date they were drawn. I want to try and search the excel spreadsheet to see if my lotter numbers have ever come up before, but am unsure on how to go abou doing this. The data is in the form: Column A: Draw Date Column B: Ball 1 Column C: Ball 2 Column D: Ball 3 Column E: Ball 4 Column F: Ball 5 Column G: Ball 5 Column H: Bonus Ball Column I: Ball Set Column J: Machine It is only the draw date, main ball numbers and the bonus ball that i important. Can anyone help? TIA, Mik -- Message posted from http:/...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Hide toolbar in print preview?
How can I hide the toolbar (or at least disable it) in the print preview mode of a view? Thanks in advance, D. ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...