Shortcuts of excel

I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to
column 50 .
are there any shortcut keys perform such action?

are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel?
thank you.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Page across" is Alt+PageDown.  To page back towards the A column again you
do Alt+PageUp.

If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys
(it was there up to Excel 2000).

Regards

David

"cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to
> column 50 .
> are there any shortcut keys perform such action?
>
> are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel?
> thank you.

0
Ringwood (28)

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Linking Visio Orcharts to Excel data
Good morning I'm trying to create dynamic links between an Excel org data source and Visio orgchart in Visio 2007 Standard. Visio 2007 Inside Out doesn't say so, but I think this can only be done in Visio Professional, not Visio Standard. Alternatively, how to create the links? -- Compleat Amateur Yes, it can be done in Visio standard. Easy way is to start an org chart drawing. Then there will be an Organization Chart entry on the toolbar. Select the import organization data. That will start a wizard which should get you thru the process. From the Visio help, there's...

Need to Autofilters in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges. Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I want to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ra...

excel 2007 file merge
How to merge a series of excel 2007 files with identical headings into a single consolidated file? Hi pg I have code to do this and a add-in on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm The links to the code pages are also on this page Try the add-in first -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "pg" <pg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BBABE41-2DC6-4186-B269-8C4D206E2DED@microsoft.com... > How to merge a series of excel 2007 files with identical headings into a > single consolidated file? ...

Excel / Access User Conference
The 2007 Midwest Excel / Access User Conference will be held on October 24-26 in St. Louis, Missouri. Early Bird registration will close on June 30th for the start of the regular registration period. Register early and SAVE! http://www.exceluserconference.com/MWEUC.html -- Damon Longworth 2007 Excel / Access User Conference London, England - Tentatively Sept. 2007 St. Louis, Missouri - Oct 17-19, 2007 www.ExcelUserConference.com/ ...

Excel #15
Hi, I have a typical problem. I am not able to work with any of my excel files. The problem is at the time of saving after some updations. The files open perfectly but as soon as i press save it goes to a "Not responding mode", please help with a solution. i have tried reinstalling office 2003..still the problem persists. I also have microsoft works in my system. Similar problems are encountered in Works spreadsheets also. Word and other office and works softwares does not have any problem. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Creating notches in box whisker plots in Microsoft Excel
Does anyone know how to create the notches in the vertical box whisker charts? An example can be found in figure 10 of the following article: http://www.qualitydigest.com/oct97/html/excel.html Thank you!! Hi, The technique describes how to use an xy-scatter to construct the boxes. You need to add a few more xy pairs in order to reduce the width of the Median line and form the notches. Cheers Andy br7250@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to create the notches in the vertical box whisker > charts? > > An example can be found in figure 10 of the following article: >...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

Excel Pivot Table
I have created a sub that builds a Pivot Table in an Excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having is that the Column headers are not being set. Here is the Sub: Sub Pivot ' Pivot Table Macro ' Const xlPivotTableVersion10 = 1 Const xlDatabase = 1 Const xlRowField = 1 Const xlColumnField = 2 Const xlCount = -4112 ' wb2.PivotCaches.Create(xlDatabase,"Report! R1C1:R65536C11",xlPivotTableVersion10).CreatePivotTable _ "Sheet3!R1C1","PivotTable1",xlPivotTableVersion10 ws3.Select ws3.Cells(1, 1).Select With ws3.Pivot...

excel not functioning
after working 1 hour excel stops functioning.system hangs up even I can't quit excel what is this problem?I am working on windows Me,office Xp. Have you tried just restarting your computer? Perhaps if you reboot you will not have this problem. "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > after working 1 hour excel stops functioning.system hangs up even I can't > quit excel > what is this problem?I am working on windows Me,office Xp. ...

How do number columns first, then the rows in an excel footer?
Added about 10 columns in a work sheets with more than 200 rows. When page numbers were added to the footer in the excel spread sheet, the page with the first 5 columns were numbered page 1. Then the next page with the same 5 columns were numbered page 2 and so on till all rows with the first 5 columns were completed. Then the next 5 columns from the very first page got the next sequential number. For example, if one had 10 pages of rows, then page 11 was assigned to columns 5 to 10 of the first page. This becomes very confusing when viewing a printed spread sheet. What I would l...

Excel
Is it possible to plot coordinates in a graph. If i have a column, for instance, A with a value of 12 and a column, B, with a value of 8, then can I create a graph which will plot a point at 12,8? Please help! Hi, Yes, use the chart type xy-scatter markers only. Cheers Andy McQuaid wrote: > Is it possible to plot coordinates in a graph. If i have a column, for > instance, A with a value of 12 and a column, B, with a value of 8, then can I > create a graph which will plot a point at 12,8? > > Please help! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info...

excel question #3
I have a question about Excel...I donb't kniw how to ask it though...gimme a minute Time's up -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Administrator" <admin@nwtraders.msft> wrote in message news:eUAfC%23edGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a question about Excel...I donb't kniw how to ask it though...gimme >a minute > "Administrator" <admin@nwtraders.msft> wrote in message news:eUAfC%23edGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... I have a question about Excel...I donb't kniw how to ask it though...gimme a minu...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

redline in excel
I do a lot of contract processing in Word and I use Excel for the pricing section. When I make changes to the pricing (in Excel and bring the spreadsheet into Word) I cannot track changes (redline) like you can in Word. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Can Excel display redline in the cells? Jim, Excel doesn't support tracking changes like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a8d701c4368d$ed5a6730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I d...

forms in excel #2
HI all, I am making one template where i want engine name to be selected from the drop down menu and all the parameters are automatically filled in separate sheet in different location. eg If engine selected is A then, Engine name ______ Engine speed _______ etc... should be filled for the selected engine. Please help people. Thanks Gautam -- gautam.mahendru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gautam.mahendru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28302 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

graphs in excel
i am trying to create a graph where i can plot a data series, but also show a min and a max line as a range. For example I dont want my data series to go above or below a certain number and i want to see easily on a graph when the data series has gone above or below that range. any help would be great! thanks! On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, lceddia <lceddia@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >i am trying to create a graph where i can plot a data series, but also show a >min and a max line as a range. For example I dont want my data series to go >abov...

Excel 2000 Question #3
I have a workbook with 4 sheets and I need the date to copy or duplicate everytime I open it up on all 4 pages in one cell how do i do this?? Thanks John Hi you may give some more details what you're trying to achieve: - what date should be copied - Do you want to put this in a specific cell on each worksheet Maybe the following will do what you want. Put the code in your workbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() worksheets("Sheet1").range("A1").value = now worksheets("Sheet2").range("A1").value = now worksheets("Sheet3&qu...

the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this . #2
I'm using office 2000. I believe that I may have some sort of virus. I am able to close individual files from within excel, however, I am unable to close excel using the RED "X" button. It is greyed out. Please help. Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gor...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

how do I put quotes around a field in Excel 2007
I am trying to put double quotes around some of the fields in Excel and then save as a csv file. I have tried char(34), but this results in 3 sets of double quotes. Does anyone know how to do this? Have you tried saving the file as csv and then opening the csv file with notepad to check what you really have? If you use Excel to open the csv file then some characters may be lost and/or changed, as Excel has its own rules for how to deal with different fields. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 19, 4:23=A0pm, HH Stacy <HH St...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am tr...

Excel Worksheet
When I copy a date from another file it always adds 1 day and 4 years to the date. Why does it do this? And how can I fix it? XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected (Tools/Options/Calculate, check or uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). In article <AB3059BC-E6D9-4338-A462-F7F25EA1ABCA@microsoft.com>...

Excel Timesheet
Hi all Im trying to set up a new timesheet for use at work but dont know much about formulas etc, i need to put a start and finish time e.g. start 8.30, finish 12.30, then i need to calculate in a column at the end telling me how many hours ive worked between 8.30 and 12.30 then the same for the afternoon from 1.30 until 5pm with another column at the ending adding the hours worked in the morning to the hours worked in the afternoon giving me total hours worked that day and the same everyday for the week with a box at the bottom giving me total hours worked for the week, please help. T...

Linking Excel to PowerPoint
I'm having a problem regarding linking several Excel charts and tables from a single Excel file into a PowerPoint Presentation. Example: I create a chart on tab #1 of the Excel file and paste-link it into slide #1 in the PowerPoint file. Then I copy the tab (and call it tab #2) in the same Excel file but change the data and paste link the chart on tab #2 of the Excel file into slide #2 in the PowerPoint file. Copy that tab, change the data and ditto for tabs #3, #4, #5, etc. . . Now lets say I update the data in the chart on Tab #2 in the Excel file and go to PowerPoint to update it. It...

Alternative for MS Excel VLOOKUP function in MS Access2003
I am converting several MS Excel spreadsheets into a single MS Access 2003 database for a User. The User’s original MS Excel VLOOKUP query is coded as follows: =IF(VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)=B2,"Good",VLOOKUP(EG2,EH:EI,2,FALSE)) New MS Access Table Name: 0301_ElectricitySupply_FeatureLine-up Field names for MS Excel and MS Access are as follows: MS Excel Cell: MS Access Field: A2 Verify Config “A2” is VLOOKUP function listed above. MS Excel Cell: MS Access Field: B2 Config No Example: B2 / Config No: MTU0301-0010 Note: This nu...