Shortcut Key or Macro for (Insert -> Entire Row)

Is there a shortcut key or macro I could do that would automatically
insert a new row?  I'm getting tired of Right Click -> Insert -> Entire
Row...

0
akumaxyz (2)
9/21/2006 7:23:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Press these keys in succession:
[alt] I R

That's the [alt] key (which activates the menu)
then the letter I (which is the underlined letter in Insert)
then the letter R (which is the underlined letter in Row_

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"akumaxyz@gmail.com" wrote:

> Is there a shortcut key or macro I could do that would automatically
> insert a new row?  I'm getting tired of Right Click -> Insert -> Entire
> Row...

You can also use

Ctrl +

+ on the numeric keyboard
If you select the row or row headers you not see the insert dialog
--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron Coderre" <ronREMOVETHIScoderre@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:45A81C56-9C6A-4DF5-9870-D94A4F26B870@microsoft.com...
> Press these keys in succession:
> [alt] I R
>
> That's the [alt] key (which activates the menu)
> then the letter I (which is the underlined letter in Insert)
> then the letter R (which is the underlined letter in Row_
>
> Does that help?
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP
>

> "akumaxyz@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Is there a shortcut key or macro I could do that would automatically
>> insert a new row?  I'm getting tired of Right Click -> Insert -> Entire
>> Row...

0
rondebruin (3789)
9/21/2006 7:57:11 PM
You can also drag the Insert Rows Icon up to your toolbar.

Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert

Note also the Insert Columns and the delete rows and columns icons.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:57:11 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>You can also use
>
>Ctrl +
>
>+ on the numeric keyboard
>If you select the row or row headers you not see the insert dialog

0
Gord
9/21/2006 8:16:01 PM
<Note also the Insert Columns and the delete rows and columns icons>

As for many icons, the functions are reversed when you press and hold them and then press SHIFT; Insert becomes Delete, Increase
Decimals becomes Decrease Decimals, Zoom In Zoom Out, Group Ungroup, etc
This can save a lot of space on your toolbars

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:ojs5h2pnned6cd8vb28lf3j89ul7vul2jo@4ax.com...
| You can also drag the Insert Rows Icon up to your toolbar.
|
| Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert
|
| Note also the Insert Columns and the delete rows and columns icons.
|

| Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
|
| On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:57:11 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
| wrote:
|
| >You can also use
| >
| >Ctrl +
| >
| >+ on the numeric keyboard
| >If you select the row or row headers you not see the insert dialog

0
nicolaus (2022)
9/21/2006 9:23:12 PM
Good point Niek

Something I often forget.

Thanks,     Gord

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:23:12 +0200, "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote:

><Note also the Insert Columns and the delete rows and columns icons>
>
>As for many icons, the functions are reversed when you press and hold them and then press SHIFT; Insert becomes Delete, Increase
>Decimals becomes Decrease Decimals, Zoom In Zoom Out, Group Ungroup, etc
>This can save a lot of space on your toolbars

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
0
Gord
9/21/2006 11:25:25 PM
You might want to use a macro like you asked for,  see
    Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

<akumaxyz@....     wrote ..
> Is there a shortcut key or macro I could do that would automatically
> insert a new row?  I'm getting tired of Right Click -> Insert -> Entire Row...

counting rows depending on 2 selective values
Hi, well, I have lots of data and need to do some statistics on it. For that I need to count the number of rows "H" where a string value "X" is written but only if these rows also have cell which is NOT empty in column "E"... the if stuff drives me crazy (especially as i have a spanish version...) any help appreciated :) -- Acid-Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

the key is incorrect 03-04-10
i have the original office home and student 2007 cd am trying to install it to my laptop sony. windows vista but every time it asked me for the key i typed it but in vain it keeps saying the key is incorrec. verify that you have the correct key then retype it. am saying the truth if i told you that i've trying this for more than one year, i took the laptop and the cd to store where i purchased the product, they said to me that i have to take it to sony centre and when i took it to sony they also told me that it's the store responsibility to install the office properly.b...

macro to change Custom Header info
I have a 12 worksheet - spreadsheet that has an existing Custom Header in 9 worksheets (tabs). I'd like to have a macro that takes the user to one of the worksheet's Custom Header (Left Section), then allows the user to change ONLY the 1st and 3rd lines in the header. The 1st line currently says: Station/Facility: SMA 42-408. I want to be able to change ONLY the SMA 42-408 part of the line. The 3rd line says: Month/Year: July, 2008 I'd like to be able to change ONLY the July, 2008 part of the line. This is what the Custom Header Left Section currently looks like: Station/F...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

How to liks the row of 2 sheet
Hi!! I've an Excel sheet with Cod Description (in 2 columns) GG dsfdsfds DD dfgfdgsd AA fdgfdgsd GG fgdfgdf in another sheet I've: Description (in a single column) GG - Descrizione GG DD - Descrizioen DD AA - Descrizione AA I would like to modify my first sheet like this: Cod Description (in 2 columns) GG - Descrizione GG dsfdsfds DD - Descrizioen DD dfgfdgsd AA - Descrizione fdgfdgsd How Can I do this?? Thanks Hi, You need to use a vlookup formula. In the third column of the second sheet, write this formula: =vlookup(a1,sheet1!$a$1:$b$4,2,...

can we save with macro
I'm a newbie in macro excel. If I want to save the file by using th refference cll e.g. cell c3 = th001 aa1 = 101, I would like to save a new file as "c:\my documents\101th101. Please help me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like sub save_it() dim wks as worksheet dim fname dim path set wks = activeworkbooks.worksheets("Sheet1") fname=wks.range("C3).value & wks.range("AA1").value path="C:\my documents" activeworkbook.saveas path&fname end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm a n...

CD Key #3
My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to activate the software once it is installed. Is there anything that I can do to get the CD Key from Microsoft or bypass this? Thanks. Keith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the > software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 > years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to > activate the software once it is installed. Is the...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Library Slot Disappears after inserting Cleaning Tape
I have DPM 2010 RC + Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 installed The tape library is a Dell TL2000 After inserting the cleaning tape into the library, the slot in the library in which it was inserted into disappears from the DPM console. When I try to clean the drive through the DPM console it fails. Any suggestions would be great! TL2000 and TL4000 will self clean when needed using the dedicated cleaning slot if enabled. "techraider04" wrote: > I have DPM 2010 RC + Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 installed > > The tape library is a Dell TL2000 > > Af...

Macros in 2003
Is it true that file created in Excel 2000 having Macros will not work on Excel 2003. We are facing problem with Excel 2003 with the files which are having Macros and these files were created on Excel 2000. Because of this problem I need to go back to Excel 2000. Anis -- MCSE & CCNA Hello Anis First of all, did you check the macros' security level in Excel 2003? This level must be set to Low or Medium to allow macros'execution. HTH Cordially Pascal "Mohd Anis" <MohdAnis@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FD408CD8-357D-40F9-A97F-3F86...

Inserting date from formuls
Hi all, I have a data verification drop down created and I am trying to make the date poplate in certain cells depending on my drop down choice. The main thing I have found for this would be the "today()" value. The problem with this though is that the date changes daily. I need this to be a static value. Any help would be great. Thanks. =IF(K8="closed", TODAY()) Make use of an Event Macro in that sheet level: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents...

Rows / Columns & Preview Questions
Is there a way to limit the amount of columns and rows in Excel. For example, I only want my columns to go to "N" and my rows to go to "20". Is this possible? Also, in the Page Break Preview, is there a way to turn off the Page Number in the middle of the page? Thanks for the help. 1) You can hide the columns and rows, but you can't remove them. To hide rows/columns, drag over the grey buttons at the top or left of the worksheet. Right-click on one of the highlighted row/columns, and choose Hide. 2) AFAIK, you can't turn off the page number...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

Macro question #8
I want a macro to select a row (or cell in a particular row) on a worksheet that corresponds with a value in a cell eg. Cell shows value 5. Macro selects row 5 on another sheet or Cell shows value 5. Macro selects cell at intersection of row 5 and a specific column (say column 2 ?) on another sheet What do I need to include in my macro to do this? Can anyone help ? Regards Ross Bennett One way to select the row: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myRng As Range Dim otherWks As Worksheet Set otherWks = Worksheets("sheet2") Set myRng = Nothing On ...

Virtual basic and macros
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I need to use virtual basic in excel for macintosh and it is missing in office 2008, so I am stuck with Office 2004. Now it is getting harder and harder to open files that customers send from office 2008. Will there be a new version of Office with support for virtual basic soon? Or, is it possible to have both office 2008 and 2004 on the same computer. I can't run windows on it. Yes, Office 2004 & 2008 can coexist harmoniously on the same system. In fact, you can run apps of both suite simultaneously & toggle ...

pivot table row subtotals
Excel 2003 I am pretty good at pivot table but can't figure out how the have subtotals display for my 3rd row field in under my 2nd row field - they only display at the grand total line. Please see the example below. I need to get subtotals for A/P and OP under store 1 and then again under store 2. Also My calculated field do now show up in my grand totals? why not - they should work - the math is valid. thanks!!!! Div Desc Desc Ver Store 1 4 OP A/P 1 OP A/P 2 OP A/P 3 OP A/P Store 1 Total Store 2 5 OP A/P 6 OP A/P 7 OP A/P 8 OP A/P Store 2 Total Move ...

Enter Key instead of tab
Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead >of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKeyToMoveBetweenRegisterFields ...

Running Macros w/vba
How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? Hi not sure for what you're asking but a macro introduction can be found at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alien2_51" <dan.billow"at wrote: > How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? I'm populating data inside an Excel spreadsheet from within a DTS package once the data is there I need run a Macro whcih outputs the data contained in each worksheet to an XML file which I then need to validate against an XSD... I never ha...

Transferring Macros
I was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer a bunch of macros to 5 other computers? Any help would be great, thanks! Hi Mike Save a file with the macro's as a Add-in and distribute that one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156942&Product=xlw How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97 Or import the module's (or copy the macro's) in the personal.xls file on each machine -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aace01c47963$57d3d480$a401280a@p...

Indexing Foreign Keys
Hello, [Across SQL2000 - 2008] Though we are not facing any performance issue with any query, just curious to know whether a non-clust index is necessary for a Foreign key in a OLTP table? I noticed that in our database, some FKs do not have any indexes. I did not yet check the respective query-plan but want to know if its a good practice. tia, AbbA Hi AbbA, The lack of indexes related to foreign key references is a very common problem I see with performance issues in SQL Server. We always go looking for any foreign keys that aren't the left-hand component...

Re-obtaining Product Key for Visio Pro 2007
My company purchased Visio Pro 2007 9/24/08 and I downloaded the app. I used the product key my company sent me but now moving Visio Pro 2007 to a newer laptop. I don't have the original email with the product key on it and uninstalled the app from my old laptop so I would only have one app installed at a time on a laptop. How do I get another product key for the original Visio Pro 2007 my company purchased so I can re-install iit on my newer laptop? Thanks, Theo Van Dyne "Theo Van Dyne" <Theo Van Dyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A732FAB-4BE2-...

undo a macro
Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can be undone by using the the undo button. -- Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC161A31-95C1-4DC8-9FC2-2AC3F68FF3BB@microsoft.com... > Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or > workbook > can ...

Number of rows over 30 days after creation
Hello, I am looking for a formula that would allow me to count the number of rows that have a date in col N6:10000 and of them are over 30 days old that have don't have a date in col AA6:10000 which indicates that the row has been 'closed' I was thinking i'd need an 'imput todays date' cell (though if there was not a need for onew that would be great) and that cell is K2 I created column that gives the date of col N+30 which is col AJ and col AI returns a 1 or 0 if the col AA has a date in it or not. so i tried the formulas : =COUNTIFS(N6:N10000,"*...

Pressing Enter Key closes the application
I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do you know why this could happen? "inbal" <inbal.shefi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165237049.726474.42200@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based > application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do > you know why this could happen? > Annoying, isn't it? When the dialog resource was created, it put an OK and Cancel button, then made the OK ...