shortcut key for language selection doesnt work only in Excel

Machine Info: Toshiba laptop, satellite 1905-277, Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz 256
MB of RAM
OS: Windows XP Home Edition with SP1

When I am trying to shift from "EN" language to "FA" language in text
service and input language, usually I do this by short cut keys (right
Alt+hift and left Alt+shift). This shortcut keys doesnt operate in Excel but
in other office family like Word and Access has no problem. I have to select
languages manually from its box. Interestingly it doesnt elected in first
time and I have to select the required language two times.

TIA Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

0
rasoulazar (20)
4/15/2004 8:34:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Selecting a Record in Datasheet View from Linked Table
I would like to create a "yes/no" field in a datasheet view that is based on a linked table that I can not modify. Is there a way to create a temporary table that I can pull into the query that could contain this "yes/no" field without having to actually add a field to the original table? Thanks! Oh, forgot to reply to your question below. the only action I want to take in the form is to be able to check the "yes/no" box to select that record. I will be adding functionality to update fields in another table based on the rows I select. "SteveD"...

Excel
I can't get Excel, Data, Convert to MS Access to show. I've tried reinstalling Office 2000. Because it is not standard on Excel 2000? Most likely it's an add-in If you once had it working on 2000 look under tools>add-ins and check it. If not you have to physically get a hold a of a copy and put it in the add-in folder then check it (after restarting excel) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Phil Chambers" wrote: > I can't get Excel, Data, Convert to MS Access to show. I've tried > reinstalling Office 2000. Hi you could use 'File - Import' within MS Ac...

Parse Excel Chart
I have an embedded line chart with the 'x' axis 400 data points long. The 'y' axis is reasonable. The data is dynamic. It is impossible to print, as the individual data points mesh. I would like to see the individual data points, but somehow parse the chart into 4 sections to print all 4 sections in landscape mode on a 8.5x11 paper. I tried GIF it is still too long a range to print. Any suggestions? Solution: Use legal sized paper Bye for Now Steve "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote in message news:vvhmjvvd87r7d@corp.supernews.com... > I have an ...

list of all excel 2000functions
I am using excel and vba for the past 3 years. But I dont know ALL the functions available. Today I found that there is a function called <choose>. Is there a list of ALL excel 2000 functions? once the list is known we can always go to help. I tried through google grroups search. I could not get the list thanks and regards Hi See this page for workbooks with a list http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm Also the Excel help have one -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "R.VENKATARAMAN" <vram26@vsnl$$$.net> wrote in message news:O7P37c0bFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10...

the key is incorrect 03-04-10
i have the original office home and student 2007 cd am trying to install it to my laptop sony. windows vista but every time it asked me for the key i typed it but in vain it keeps saying the key is incorrec. verify that you have the correct key then retype it. am saying the truth if i told you that i've trying this for more than one year, i took the laptop and the cd to store where i purchased the product, they said to me that i have to take it to sony centre and when i took it to sony they also told me that it's the store responsibility to install the office properly.b...

counting rows depending on 2 selective values
Hi, well, I have lots of data and need to do some statistics on it. For that I need to count the number of rows "H" where a string value "X" is written but only if these rows also have cell which is NOT empty in column "E"... the if stuff drives me crazy (especially as i have a spanish version...) any help appreciated :) -- Acid-Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Include guid (uuid) from Access in Excel
Hi, When I use data from Access in Excel, guid (uuid) columns are not shown in Excel. How do I show guid (uuid) columns from Access in Excel? Thanks! Mojo ...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

CD Key #3
My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to activate the software once it is installed. Is there anything that I can do to get the CD Key from Microsoft or bypass this? Thanks. Keith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the > software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 > years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to > activate the software once it is installed. Is the...

Remove Second Language From my Document
I have a huge document that has many sheets and in every sheet there some fields are in English and some in Russian. I want to Remove All the russian text from my document. If you have any Idea, please help. Thank you -- laheq ------------------------------------------------------------------------ laheq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25285 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387736 Is the Russian text formatted for Cyrillic font, or do those cells have a unique property not shared by the English text? If ...

Linking Visio Orcharts to Excel data
Good morning I'm trying to create dynamic links between an Excel org data source and Visio orgchart in Visio 2007 Standard. Visio 2007 Inside Out doesn't say so, but I think this can only be done in Visio Professional, not Visio Standard. Alternatively, how to create the links? -- Compleat Amateur Yes, it can be done in Visio standard. Easy way is to start an org chart drawing. Then there will be an Organization Chart entry on the toolbar. Select the import organization data. That will start a wizard which should get you thru the process. From the Visio help, there's...

Can a older Server CU (say DEC 2008 CU) work with newer client CU?
Concerns Project Server 2007. Question: Can a older Server CU (say DEC 2008 CU) work with a newer client CU (say SP2+Aug2009CU)? We are at Dec 2008 CU, planning to go to SP2+Aug2009 CU in the next month. To to satisfy our Desktop engineering group who have asked for a UAT test of SP2-Aug2009CU Client ActiveX update. They want to verify prior to deployment that client update does not break existing apps on the workstation. My concern is if we deploy client update (SP2-Aug2009CU), before server update, they would not be able to access the production system. Valid concern? Is...

Need to Autofilters in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges. Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I want to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ra...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

redline in excel
I do a lot of contract processing in Word and I use Excel for the pricing section. When I make changes to the pricing (in Excel and bring the spreadsheet into Word) I cannot track changes (redline) like you can in Word. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Can Excel display redline in the cells? Jim, Excel doesn't support tracking changes like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a8d701c4368d$ed5a6730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I d...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

excel not functioning
after working 1 hour excel stops functioning.system hangs up even I can't quit excel what is this problem?I am working on windows Me,office Xp. Have you tried just restarting your computer? Perhaps if you reboot you will not have this problem. "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > after working 1 hour excel stops functioning.system hangs up even I can't > quit excel > what is this problem?I am working on windows Me,office Xp. ...

Excel Pivot Table
I have created a sub that builds a Pivot Table in an Excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having is that the Column headers are not being set. Here is the Sub: Sub Pivot ' Pivot Table Macro ' Const xlPivotTableVersion10 = 1 Const xlDatabase = 1 Const xlRowField = 1 Const xlColumnField = 2 Const xlCount = -4112 ' wb2.PivotCaches.Create(xlDatabase,"Report! R1C1:R65536C11",xlPivotTableVersion10).CreatePivotTable _ "Sheet3!R1C1","PivotTable1",xlPivotTableVersion10 ws3.Select ws3.Cells(1, 1).Select With ws3.Pivot...

public folder calendar not working properly
recently added a new user for a small company that I work with. Everything seems to work fine for her except for the public calendar. When she tries to open up and edit an appointment that someone else has created she gets an access is denied, you don't have permissions error. >From what I can see it appears that she has the correct permissions though. Also, if I try to check the properties on the public folder itself I get an error stating that the http service isn't available or the information store might not be mounted, but both services are running. ...

Enter Key instead of tab
Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead >of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKeyToMoveBetweenRegisterFields ...

ageing analyses in excel 30-60, 60-90, 90-120
hi, i require to know what category my due dates fall in, 30-60, 60-90 or 90-120 ? i already know how to do this, with a formula like: if(and(days360(AJ2, now()) > 30, days360(aj2, now()) < 60), "30-60", "") same with 60-90, 90-120 the problem starts here: my users may want to put in their own ranges, like 0-15, 15-30, 30-45, 45-60, 60-75, 75-90 also the range may go on and on to any extent. How can I achieve this ? I just dont know where to start, VLOOKUP, MATCH ????????? regards, shripal. =LOOKUP(TODAY()-A1,{0,31,61,91;"0-30","31-60",&...

How to open newer XLS files in Excel Version 4.0
I'm using Excel version 4. Can someone point me to an add-in or extension or something to let me open newer files ... at least Excel 95 or Excel 97? Thanks, Nick "Nicholas Fitzpatrick" <nfitz@sentex.ca> wrote... >I'm using Excel version 4. Can someone point me to an add-in or extension >or something to let me open newer files ... at least Excel 95 or Excel 97? You must have a very unconventional view of how Microsoft operates. You need to use a newer version of Excel or some other spreadsheet that opens newer Excel files. There are some inexpensive alternati...

Cannot get graph to work properly
i have never used the graph wizard in access before, always excel, but really need to do it in access. i tried the chart wizard, but it does not set it up correctly. Basically i need a line graph, that on the x-axis shows the hours of the day (in hour increments-24 hours), the y-axis to show a flow value (mg), there will need to be 2 lines on the graph (weekend and weekday shown seperately), and there are multiple sites that will each need a graph hopefully all in the same report with each monitor site on a different page. My table that the graph is running off of is set up wi...

IMAP4SVC doe not work
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

if a cell in Excell contains a certain word, how can I take all o.
if a cell in Excell contains a certain word, how can I take all of the words to the right and place them in an adjacent cell. Cell might contain "The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower VII by Stephen King" I would like to take all the words to the right of "by" and put them in the adjacent cell, while stripping the word "by" and the text following as well. Hi With text in A1 =LEFT(A1;FIND("by";A1)-2) =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("by",A1)-2) Arvi Laanemets "Hamner" <Hamner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA8CCCFD-4B94-4...