Shortcut Key for delete?

Is there any keyboard shortcut for deleting a row? Instead of right
click delete.

--
KH_GS
KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32920

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

You can select the row and hold down Ctrl and press -

Regards,
Bondi

0
mbondorff (49)
5/9/2006 9:57:53 AM
Thank you !

:cool:

--
KH_GS
KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32920
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540175

the key is incorrect 03-04-10
i have the original office home and student 2007 cd am trying to install it to my laptop sony. windows vista but every time it asked me for the key i typed it but in vain it keeps saying the key is incorrec. verify that you have the correct key then retype it. am saying the truth if i told you that i've trying this for more than one year, i took the laptop and the cd to store where i purchased the product, they said to me that i have to take it to sony centre and when i took it to sony they also told me that it's the store responsibility to install the office properly.b...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

CD Key #3
My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to activate the software once it is installed. Is there anything that I can do to get the CD Key from Microsoft or bypass this? Thanks. Keith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the > software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 > years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to > activate the software once it is installed. Is the...

Deleting Mail from the Provider
Hi In my Outlook all downloaded mail is deleted from the server on downloading. A friend complains this is not happening with her Outlook. I have spent a lot of time looking for a facility to control this function. Can anyone tell me where it is Roger Stenson "Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> wrote in message news:0AB03BC8-C48B-45C0-958D-9F77E3308422@microsoft.com... > Hi > In my Outlook all downloaded mail is deleted from the server on > downloading. A friend complains this is not happening with her Outlook. I > have spent a lot of time looking for ...

protect a file from deletion
Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently been deleting files and I'd like to make that impossible. Any ideas? Deleting files is a Windows operation not Excel so you would have to look at Windoew permissions I guess. Maybe a Windows news group could help? "SheriTingle" wrote: > Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a > way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently > been deleting files and ...

Bulk delete question
Hi, Every week we are given a list of users to be deleted from the GAL, and this group of users exists in a different container cn=AnotherOrg,cn=Custom Recepients,ou=OrgGroup,o=Org. These group of user's account do not have their mailbox residing on Exchange but on another STMP server. The entries in the GAL is just for Exchange user's convenient reference. I am trying to search docs or instruction on how do I delete these users from the GAL. Please help... I am stuck!!! Newbie You can do this with tools from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298882 Fabs...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

New messages going to Deleted Items
Hi. I have Outlook 2002 running on my Windows XP machine at home. I have it configured to access my Hotmail account. Whenever I receive a new message into Hotmail, it appears briefly in the Inbox, then moves itself automatically to Deleted Items (on the Hotmail server) before I can read it. This does not happen when I check Hotmail through their web site. This did not happen with my old Windows 98 machine. Also, while this is happening, the Inbox appears too small in the preview pane for a few seconds before expanding to fit the frame, which is when the email moves into Deleted ...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

Enter Key instead of tab
Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead >of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKeyToMoveBetweenRegisterFields ...

Indexing Foreign Keys
Hello, [Across SQL2000 - 2008] Though we are not facing any performance issue with any query, just curious to know whether a non-clust index is necessary for a Foreign key in a OLTP table? I noticed that in our database, some FKs do not have any indexes. I did not yet check the respective query-plan but want to know if its a good practice. tia, AbbA Hi AbbA, The lack of indexes related to foreign key references is a very common problem I see with performance issues in SQL Server. We always go looking for any foreign keys that aren't the left-hand component...

Re-obtaining Product Key for Visio Pro 2007
My company purchased Visio Pro 2007 9/24/08 and I downloaded the app. I used the product key my company sent me but now moving Visio Pro 2007 to a newer laptop. I don't have the original email with the product key on it and uninstalled the app from my old laptop so I would only have one app installed at a time on a laptop. How do I get another product key for the original Visio Pro 2007 my company purchased so I can re-install iit on my newer laptop? Thanks, Theo Van Dyne "Theo Van Dyne" <Theo Van Dyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A732FAB-4BE2-...

Pressing Enter Key closes the application
I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do you know why this could happen? "inbal" <inbal.shefi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165237049.726474.42200@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based > application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do > you know why this could happen? > Annoying, isn't it? When the dialog resource was created, it put an OK and Cancel button, then made the OK ...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

Cannot delete message in Outbox #2
I have a message stuck in my outbox that I cannot delete. I have followed the procedures outlined in the knowledge base to no avail. When I try to open the message, it says 'Can't open this item. The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message' I cannot send or recieve anything, because the first thing it does is try to send this stuck message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Place Outlook in off-line mode by File-> Work Offline. Then restart Outlook and delete the message -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rel...

Delete message
When deleting a message in Outlook 2003 the message doesn't disappear from Inbox, but remains with a line across the text. How can I change this so the message will disappear from Inbox? Are you using a IMAP server? I think you have to reconnect to delete the message from the server to fully delete it. "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51F4170B-6256-462E-8E4F-30B68CB2C300@microsoft.com... > When deleting a message in Outlook 2003 the message doesn't disappear from > Inbox, but remains with a line across the text. How can I c...

TRANSPOSE & DELETE
Hi, Can someone assist pls. Here's the scenario: IF C2=C, the value in N2 is to be transpose to O2 then delete N2 value. thanks, rudy Put the following sub in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("C2")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If Target.Value <> "C" Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False Range("N2").Copy Range("O2") Range("N2").Clear Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub REMEMBER: the worksheet code area, not a standard module. -- Gary'&...

How to delete characters after a value in a cell?
I've got a list of url's in excel that I need to delete everything after the .com could someone tell me how to do this? I'm running excel 2007 One way, in say B1, copied down: =LEFT(A1,SEARCH(".com",A1)-1) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "mkabwilliams" <mkabwilliams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bbcc9a6b-8ac3-4848-b389-e66ab6d8a117@x5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I've got a list of url's in excel that I need to delete everything > after the .com could someo...

Trying to delete paragraph symbol
I've been reading the blogs for a couple of months. No one seems to have the answer -- I have a paragraph symbol that appears in the notes section of a New Contact in Outlook. How can I get rid of it? Nothing in "View" was helpful nor the "Text Format" suggestion. Thanks, MK Try Ctrl+Shift+8 to toggle it off and on. Los Gatos Gal;122817 Wrote: > I've been reading the blogs for a couple of months. No one seems to have > the > answer -- I have a paragraph symbol that appears in the notes section > of a > New Contact in Out...

Deleting an email account, but keeping the emails
Can I delete an email account so I can reset it up, and still retain all the emails I have saved in there to date? Yes. Deleting an account in Windows Mail does not delete any emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "c_angler" <cangler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3E3BB56B-59FB-43ED-BD65-316C2B8F5B3C@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email account so I can reset it up, and still retain = all the=20 > emails I have saved in there to date? > Yes. ...

Can i recover a deleted, unsaved document from Excel?
Help! Closed without saving? Sorry, it's gone. SPAKSTA wrote: > > Help! -- Dave Peterson Hi Unless you have been backing up, the short answer is NO Michael "SPAKSTA" wrote: > Help! NO !! "SPAKSTA" wrote: > Help! How do I retire on a billion dollars without ever saving one cent? "Michael" <Michael_MitchelsonNOSP@rta.nsw.gov.au> wrote in message news:A6F2A6A0-530D-4E4E-A7F4-FED91AB3FD61@microsoft.com... > NO !! > > "SPAKSTA" wrote: > >> Help! >-----Original Message----- >How do I retire on...

shortcuts
How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? Position Outlook and Windows Explorer windows so you can see both. Go to the location where the file is. Right click on the file and drag to the Outlook shortcut bar. You'll get a prompt "Add to Outlook bar" or "Cancel". Click on Add to Outlook Bar. >-----Original Message----- >How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? >. > ...

How to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode ?
Hi I want to get the hardware key path as the instance ID for my WMI event . Here is some WDM function IoOpenDeviceRegistryKey to open hardware key, but I can not get the hardware key path name in the tree of HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum . Is there some way to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode ? Thank you . > Is there some way to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode = ? No ways. For instance IDs, create a device interface on your device and use its = string as an ID, this is the classic way. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows ...

Deleted MDB file
I use an SD card as means of transporting my mdb file between work and home. I foolishly deleted this mdb file from my SD card in preparation for putting the current mdb file on there without realising I had made a larger number of new queries on the SD version, my own fault I know. I found a utility to undelete files (UndeleteOnClick) and it appeared that I had recovered the lost mdb, the file size looked right and the file had the MS Access icon when viewing the file in Windows Explorer. However, when I tried to open the file in Access I got the error message: Unrecognized database ...

when deleting text hit backspace more than once delete paragraph?
I am working in publisher 2007, every time i make a mistake and go to correct the error, when pressing backspace key more than once, it automatically selects the entire paragraph and if i hit it one more time it erases the entrie paragraph? Why does it do this? is this a know problem with the beta2? I believe you should be able to press the backspace (delete) key as many times as you want to delete text, i dont want to use the mouse when typing to correct mistakes. This doesn't happen with my beta, could be a repair would help. I had an issue with the Document Imaging so I repaire...