Sheetnames in Excel - Duplicates?

Hello:

When I get the sheetnames from Excel, I get two refrences to a sheet.

For example, I will get

Sheet1$
Sheet1$_

What is the second one.  Is it refrencing the same table?

Thanks
Prasun

0
prasunp_ (13)
5/17/2005 10:17:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Are you referring to ADOX?

--

HTH

RP

"Prasun" <prasunp_@csufresno.edu> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> When I get the sheetnames from Excel, I get two refrences to a sheet.
>
> For example, I will get
>
> Sheet1$
> Sheet1$_
>
> What is the second one.  Is it refrencing the same table?
>
> Thanks
> Prasun

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/17/2005 10:40:03 PM
I have a program in VB.NET and I am Using ADO.NET to accesss the the excel
file and read the table names

0
prasunp_ (13)
5/17/2005 10:44:54 PM
Does anyone know why i get the duplicates
"Prasun" <prasunp_@csufresno.edu> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> When I ge
t the sheetnames from Excel, I get two refrences to a sheet.

> For example, I will get
>
> Sheet1$
> Sheet1$_
>
> What is the second one.  Is it refrencing the same table?
>
> Thanks
> Prasun

0
prasunp_ (13)

How do I test whether a defined sheetname exists in a closed workbook?
Hi... I've been searching all over and can't find anything on this particula challenge so I thought you guys might be able to help! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to test whether (or not) a specifi sheetname (e.g. "TestSheet") exists in a closed workbook? (I'd really prefer not to have to open the workbook if at all possibl as its one step in an intensive consolidation process from upto 10 workbooks.) Thx muchly! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http:...

***regaining control of Excel***
HELP! I've been having a recurring general problem while working in Excel -- and it's driving me absolutely mad. While going about various entry/editing tasks, it inexplicably locks into 'right-button down' mode. That is, the program acts as if I am holding down the right mouse button and it selects all cells that I drag the mouse over. But I'm NOT holding down the mouse button. After this 'mode' engages I cannot do anything else in Excel -- ESC does not work, hot keys don't work, clicking on drop down menus does not work--NOTHING works. I have t...

excel macro on startup from DOS
After I start excel from a DOS .BAT script I want a macro to then be automatically executed. (To do this with MS Word you just put /Mmacroname after the path name of the executable, but this does not seem to work) Excel doesn't support macro execution from the command line. As an alternative, you can name the macro Auto_Open and this will execute when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "roblit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02AFEE4E-6686-4434-A41D-1...

Excel to Publisher
My document has already been created in Excel. It's about 60 pages in five tabs. Income Statement presented monthly over six years 2005 thru 2010; Balance Sheet same time period; Cash Flow Statement same time period; Construction Schedule, same time period. The Excel docs are nicely formatted as you would see in a financial presentation, but my partner is adamant on having it in presented in Publisher. I have been trying for three days to convert/import/export the Excel sheets into Publisher to no avail. It looses pages, it looses formatting. I have never in my professional li...

Sorting in Excel #6
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C755E2.57FA4DA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to have more than 4 sorts per worksheet in Excel? If so, = what steps must be taken? Thanks, in advance, for the help. --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C755E2.57FA4DA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &...

Excel Tracking
Hello There ! Looking for a bit of help. I've created a shared worksheet, and I need to keep track of ALL changes made to it. As far as I can make out, Excel only tracks the most recent changes. EG: Changed cell AE8 from '13-Mar-04' to '08-Apr-04' I need the following information (example): Changed cell AE8 from '30-Dec-03' to '12-Feb-04' to '13-Mar-04' to '08-Apr-04' There must be some way of achieving this ? In anticipation, I thank those who are better at Excel than I am !!! GARY Hi see your reply in Excel.worksheet.functions P...

Cannot open excel file on doubleclick ... HELP
Hello I have this strange problem on 3 computers: When I doubleclick on an excel file (in windows explorer, or a shortcut) excel opens, but it only shows the top and bottom bar, the middle shows the desktop of the PC. - I get this when opening a file from the network, and from the C drive - I get this with ALL excel files - there is nothing in the startup folder, nor macro's, .... So I think the problem is excel.... btw, al users are using excel 2002 (xp) I already tried a repair/reinstall, didn't help I tried the /regserver trick: didn't help I tried to import .XLS from HKCR, ...

Sheetname
Hi, could any one help me with the following: I want to change a sheetname with a formula. Is it possible and if yes how? Thanks a lot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not with a formula - you'll need to use VBA. This should do it: Sub a Sheets("sheet1").Name="AnotherSheetname" end sub -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "maxximuss" <maxximuss.yhppz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maxximuss.yhppz@excelforu...

Creating Macros in Excel

Very Slow to open 2003 Excel Files
It takes me well over 60 seconds to load a file that is 4,000KB. I have tried everything I've seen in other posts to get this file to load faster but none have worked. I've repaired Excel, unchecked use DDE and put the %1 in, opened Excel and selected the file through those methods. However, I still have to wait anywhere from 45 seconds up to 4 hours was the longest loading time to date. I have 14 Excel files that I work with on a daily basis and this is the only one that gives me any trouble. There are many calculations and links to various other sheets, but that ...

Excel and ODBC
I have an ODBC application using MFC that reads data from an Excel document. I open a database and use the CRecordset to read the table. I have a column that has HEX data which will not read in correctly because the data is detected as both numeric and text. Data Example: 7856 32DB 345A 1234 3456 FFCD Is there a way to open a database to read all cells as text? Or is there a way to force all cells of a column to read as text? Thanks in advance George ...

Importing data into Excel
Hi I have a text file called a.txt. I would like to import it into excel with the headings domain, ip address, owner, administrative contact, technical contact, name servers, additional data. I'm not sure how I would go about doing that or if it is even possible. If someone knows, would you be able to assist me please. Below is what I would like the final excel spreadsheet to look like as well as the contents of the file I would like to import (a.txt). I haven't filled out the final excel spreadsheet, but all the columns would be filled out with the data from a.txt. Thank you. ...

date string as sheetname
I have a macro that copies the last sheet to a new sheet at the end. I would like to note the date that is in A2 prior to the copy, and add one month to it. This result will then become the name of the new sheet in the form 1-Oct-05 or something equivalent (ie: 1 Oct 05, 1Oct05,...) How can I get the date from A2, and how can I modify it to the correct string? Thanks. Hi Keyser, Try: '==================>> Sub Tester() Dim WB As Workbook Dim SH As Worksheet Dim sStr As String Dim i As Long Set WB = ActiveWorkbook '<<======== CHANGE i = WB.S...

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program