Sheetname #2

I want to show the sheetname in a cell. What formule/funtion to use?

Exampel: The sheet is named "Test". I want this name to appear in cell
A1.

--
monor
monor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30308

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The workbook must be saved

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"monor" <monor.21f8cn_1136900401.2805@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:monor.21f8cn_1136900401.2805@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I want to show the sheetname in a cell. What formule/funtion to use?
>
> Exampel: The sheet is named "Test". I want this name to appear in cell
> A1.
>

> --
> monor
> monor's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30308
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499721

0
terre081 (3244)

How do I test whether a defined sheetname exists in a closed workbook?
Hi... I've been searching all over and can't find anything on this particula challenge so I thought you guys might be able to help! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to test whether (or not) a specifi sheetname (e.g. "TestSheet") exists in a closed workbook? (I'd really prefer not to have to open the workbook if at all possibl as its one step in an intensive consolidation process from upto 10 workbooks.) Thx muchly! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http:...

Office XP SP3 #2
I have a number of users that are having problems after installing SP3 for Office XP on their machines. When ever they open or reply to an email, a dialog box appears stating that "another program is trying to access their address book. Do you want to grant them access? This could be a virus...bla bla bla." This apparently is one of the side affects of the service pack. Is there a patch available to fix this problem or a viable solution that someone can recommend to resolve this problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom Tom Primerano <tpp5@cornell.ed...

Sharing calendar and contacts ? Exchange? #2
I have read up that the only way to share contacts and calendars with Outlook is to install MS Exchange on on of the computers in our workgroup. Is this true? Do I have to install MS Exchange, the $1200.00 program, on to one computer, setting it up as a server, and install Outlook on that computer also? Does it have to be a special Outlook,i.e. Outlook server? Does it need to be this difficult? Is there any way to share contacts and /or calendar without Exchange server? In news:12ghbef8vv5dp1f@corp.supernews.com, John T Ingato <jtingato@dslextreme.com> typed: > I have rea...

I'm confused... #2
I am trying to determine whether or not some of the MS Business Solutions products would be appropriate for our organization. Currently, my focus is on replacing our current POS application so that's how I got started looking at this stuff. My confusion is in what the various product are and what they do. As far as the POS solutions go, I've managed to find an eval of "Store Operations Manager" which seems like it includes "Point of Sale" but the product comparison page (http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/product_comparison.mspx) list...

Installation #2
I had to reformat my father's pc and have been downloading all the software again. I have downloaded Office 2002 again. When launching Outlook -- I receive a message stating to the fact: missing or unable to launchnet2phone32.dll It state to reload using the help and I have tried all this countless times. I still get the message. I even uninstalled to reinstall to have the same problem. How do I get the message not to load or how do I get this net2phone32.dll into the system? Do I really need this???? or is it possible to get the message to stop loading on launching outlook. My...

Import from another spreadsheet #2
Not a typo. I have over 100000 rows of data in one spreadsheet. Sorry, I don't know who Chip is. Thanks -- homevestors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ homevestors's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15307 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=269290 Hi Excel can only handle 65536 rows. More are in Excel not possible. Chip: Dave provided you with a link to his website -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "homevestors" <homevestors.1e4x6m@excelforum-no...

Mailbox Limit #2
Hello gurus, I have an Exchange 2000 site built upon a SBS 2000 install. Current managment wants to implement limits on mailbox sizes etc. Initial attempts concluded with some odd behavior. In addition the client posed a question. Here we go: 1. A limit was imposed on a mailbox that should have only issued a warning. However, when they actually hit the limit, they received the standard warning (I assume that no matter the type everyone gets the same verbiage?) but the message that triggered bounced and was not delivered. 2. This very message was CC'd to 2 other people in ...

function in query summing results of 2 switch functions?
can I build an expression in a query that sums the values of 2 computed fields in the same query. E.g, Sum(1-CF_1 + CF_2) ? CF_1 & CF_2 are 2 other fields that use Switch statements. THanks Zx slight correction. Can I do this in the Field builder window: field_B: (CF_1 + CF_2) if both CF_1 & CF_2 are computed fields in the query themselves (basically fields computed from switch statements). Access is giving me an error saying it does not recognize these as "a valid field name or expression". I'm not sure why - aren't they expressions :) ? ...

Can exchange do this? #2
Hi, I wanted to know where I could find info on how to install outlook exchange server my server has an MX record pointing to my IP and my SMTP service that comes with Windows 2003 server already sends mail the problem is recieving mail, which I think can only be done through a service like Exchange Server 2003 (am I correct?) I put the CD in, and clicked on Deploy, then I click on New Installation after this, I followed the instructions and tried to install outlook, but it is very confusing and I dont' understand the concepts behind Forest/etc I am a type of person that if unders...

Timers #2
Okay, this is a big of a weird problem (though it comes more from my lack of understanding of MFC calling conventions then an actuall error I'd image). I have a seperate class that includes the header file to my MFC project. Now all I want to do is be able to (within this other NON-MFC class/C++ file) call a function in the MFC project which will reset my timer (Ie - change when it will fire). Every time I try this however (using such calls as: CTESTDlg2::OnTimer(IDT_TIMERa); CTESTDlg2::SetTimer(IDT_TIMERa, 100, NULL); even SetTimer(CTESTDlg2::Cwnd(), IDT_TIMERa, 100, NULL) ) but non of ...

Total Amount and Tender Amount are different in RMS 2.0 SP3 POS
Hello, have an issue here. I am using RMS 2.0 SP3 POS I have 3 items entered, 1 item per line with a quantity of 1 per line. The total on the POS screen comes to $135.00 When I F12 to tender it shows up as $135.01 Why would this happen and how do I fix it ? Thanks ...

Running out of space #2
Using exch 2000 server. I had 100 GB on a RAID card, but now I am only left with 4 GB, after 6 months of usage? When I look at the mail box usage, it does not add up to that. When I use exmerge, it only needs 27GB to backup all data. I am not using too much public folders etc. MDBData folder is 95.5 GB? How can I control this crazy swelling of data? And how do I delete the data that is not required anymore? Thanks Check the application event log. There will be some Event ID 1221 entries. 4 per night for the public and 1 per night for the private. How much free space does it report? If...

calculate dates #2
I am trying to create an application to calculate a date that is 2 weeks from today but I never want the date to be a weekend or holiday. The results I want to run on someones desktop without them having to do anything. Any thoughts? Use =WORKDAY(TODAY(),14) WORKDAY is part of the Analysis Toolpak add-in, so you may to install that -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com" <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A790A02C-0A02-42F0-9684-719436798CD6@microsoft.com... > I a...

Configuration for 2 similar users on one Exchange server hosting 2 domains
I have a new requirement that has never come up before. Currrently I have one exchange 2003 server that hosts two domains. I need to create basically the same email address except the domain would be different. It would be something like john.smith@abc.com and john.smith@xyz.com. How do I do this? My usual process is to create the user in the AD tree to which they will be working within but we are now sharing staff across the organization and we need to have a method of creating similar email accounts within the other domains. The intention is that when an email is sent and the employee paid ...

Consuming Axis 1.2 Service with .net vb client
Hi, I have a problem consuming a webservice using a .net client written in vb. I used a wsdl to generate the proxy class and it worked like a charm. Sending requests to the service is not a problem. Even complex custom types are received and processed by the service. When it comes to receive the response from the service, complex types produce an error like: Error in xml document (1,130), which occurs in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize...

Sheetname
Hi, could any one help me with the following: I want to change a sheetname with a formula. Is it possible and if yes how? Thanks a lot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not with a formula - you'll need to use VBA. This should do it: Sub a Sheets("sheet1").Name="AnotherSheetname" end sub -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "maxximuss" <maxximuss.yhppz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maxximuss.yhppz@excelforu...

Test 2
Just another Test "Max" wrote > Just another Test Maybe you should try... microsoft.public.test.here That's what's it for. Jordon ...

Online Account Setup #2
During the initial online account setup, the pre-loaded web address for my banking institution is wrong so the connection never happens. Is there a way to change the web address during initial setup? I see how to do it after an account has been established, but I can't get that far yet. ...

Forecasting #2
Hello to all, Does anyone know how I can forecast the 4th quarter amount for the data below? I tried using the linear trend on my chart and selected 3 future periods under the trend line options. This showed me a future trend but it did not display what the totals will be. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :) Q1 - 2500 Q2 - 2350 Q3 - 2475 Q4 - ? -- november678x ------------------------------------------------------------------------ november678x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Commission total on Z report #2
Hi everyone. I set up the new store. Commission line for Z report shows commission amount of last transaction instead of total amount of commision. How can I get total amount of commission for the batch at Z-report? Should I edit "report.commision" on receipt file? or is there any other set up that change? Please let me know. Thank you for your prompt attention on this matter. HI aLEX, For the comission there is already one paramter below which make the total of commision base on the report. is that what you are saying. <ROW> "Commission|" Report.Commission </R...

Exmerge issue #2
One of my Exchange 2003 DBs had some corruption in it so I was advised to create a new DB, dump everyone's mail to a pst and then import it. I noticed that when it dumped most of the mailboxes it created the file as login.pst but some it did firstname.lastname.pst and on some it left off some letters like SarahZ becoming SaraZ.pst. When I went to do the import some of the directory names were screwed up. Rather than showing up as login they showed up as login2651262 and so the file it was looking for was login2651262.pst. Is this a bug in the program? Any idea what is causing this? ...

test #2
test ...

Macro questions #2
As someone who has never written macros from scratch before, I think i do what most people do: start a recording, do what I want to do, stop the recording, and then fudge the recorded macro to fit my needs. Having done that, I have a formatting problem that I can't explain. I'm copying data in rows from Sheet1 to columns in Sheet2 with three empty columns in between. So I'm doing something like: Sheet1!$A$1 -> Sheet2!$A$1; Sheet1$A$2 -> Sheet2!$E$1, etc. Then I need to merge cells Sheet2!$A$1:$D$1, etc., for all of the data I copied. Then I have to rotate the text 90 degr...

Unalbe to open 2003 file with 2007 beta 2
I have a website I built with Publisher 2003. I installed 2007 beta 2, and now I can't open the 2003 file. It says the file has an error. I followed the instructions in the KB for file recognition, and it still won't open the 2003 file. I like 2007, but don't want to recreate all of the work I did in 2003. I would have talked you out of using the beta for a website. You can't be certain what changes will occur between now and the released version. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mishkajb" <Mishkajb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

QueryPerformanceCounter #2
I have a couple of applications that communicate with each other using file mapping and manually reset events. Needless to say I'm getting occasional problems where one application has data queued, ready for transmission, but it doesn't get sent until some time later when some subsequent data is being transmitted. Trying to tie this down I thought I could create log files from both applications using QueryPerformanceCounter() to "stamp" the messages but this has proved problematic too. I expected QueryPerformanceCounter() to work like GetTickCount() but to a higher...