Sheet Protect - Visual Basic Window

Hello,

In Excel when I press the alt key and F11 I get the Visual Basic Window.  I
don't want the user to see all the coding behind the various sheets, forms,
modules etc.   How do I password protect this? I try sheet protect, but I
can still see the Visual Basic Window.  Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In the VBIDE, Tools>Project Propertries>Protection, it is all there.

It is not crack-proof, but it does offer some deterrent.

--
HTH

Bob

"CAM" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> In Excel when I press the alt key and F11 I get the Visual Basic Window.
> I don't want the user to see all the coding behind the various sheets,
> forms, modules etc.   How do I password protect this? I try sheet protect,
> but I can still see the Visual Basic Window.  Thank you in advance.
>
> Cheers,

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
6/14/2007 7:45:26 AM
Thanks Bob

"Bob Phillips" <bob.ngs@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> In the VBIDE, Tools>Project Propertries>Protection, it is all there.
>
> It is not crack-proof, but it does offer some deterrent.
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my
> addy)
>
> "CAM" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> In Excel when I press the alt key and F11 I get the Visual Basic Window.
>> I don't want the user to see all the coding behind the various sheets,
>> forms, modules etc.   How do I password protect this? I try sheet
>> protect, but I can still see the Visual Basic Window.  Thank you in
>> advance.
>>
>> Cheers,

How can I share information between multiple sheets in Excel?
New question: I know now how to use "=sheet1!a1" to copy cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2,3 etc. Is there is a formula that will allow me to enter data into sheet 2, and have it copy automatically into sheet 1 and 3, or into sheet 3 going to sheet 1 and 2? So that I can enter the data into any sheet and have it transfer to all sheets, rather than always from sheet 1 to sheets 2 and 3. Nothing built into excel (except for the formula you showed). But I'd be very hesitant to separate my data. I'd do my best to keep all the data on one worksheet. You can use Data|Fi...

Split Windows
How can I split the worksheet - columns A - C in left pane and the rest in the right pane - and freeze the left pane while allowing scrolling in the right pane? This used to be easy, but in Excel 2007 I can't figure it out. I don't use 2007, but wouldn't that require two windows rather than two panes? Tom "dhstein" wrote: > How can I split the worksheet - columns A - C in left pane and the rest in > the right pane - and freeze the left pane while allowing scrolling in the > right pane? This used to be easy, but in Excel 2007 I can't figur...

Transfer the total of mutiple entries in a sheet to another sheet in the same file #2
How to transfer the total of multiple of multiple entries in a sheet to another shet in the same file. Please help me in this formula ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

Call from a different sheet?
I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different sheet. For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1. -- HisHighness ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552 You can link to another worksheet with a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson...

Calling dexterity window from VBA
Dear Support Team, I have a new forms built using Dexterity and set in separate Dictionary file. I am tring to open this form on event occured in one of Dynamics.DIC windows. for example on post for GL transaction i want "abc" window in "xyz" dictionary to open. I am using the following code: Dim objCompilerApp As Object Dim strCompilerMessage As String Dim intCompilerError As Integer Dim strCommands As String ' Create link without having reference marked Set objCompilerApp = CreateObject("Dynamics.Application") ...

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE SHEETS IN EXCEL WORKBOOK?
my sheets are not in the order I want them. How do I change the order. The data is already in the sheets. Click on the tab and drag it to where you want to. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F45...

Multiple Spreadsheets Opening in Same Window
I have windows 2000 and Excel 2000. Some how... I managed to mush all my seperate spreadsheets in my tas bar into one single "Microsoft Excel" button. Reminds me of ho windows xp confines multiple instances of internet explorer into on button to save space. I don't want this... and can't figure out for the life of me how I se it like this :( Anybody know how to change it back -- jordanci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jordancij's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2739 View this thread: ht...

publisher 97 compatible with windows xp?
Iam using publisher 97 with windows xp when I print the first one comes out fine the second on loses the clip art on the screen and does not print the clip art only text. Help!! Are you running current printer drivers? That doesn't really sound like a Publisher problem but more of a printer driver issue. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rebecca burnette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3663C4EF-EB09-4CC9-B3A3-448E33FC1F7E@microsoft.com... > Iam using publisher 97 with windows xp when I print the first one comes out fine the ...

my error or Windows Mail bug?
I'm running Windows Mail on Vista Ultimate SP2 and have no explanation for Windows Mail's behaviour: - I have three email addresses, all at the same provider. - I had in my Windows Mail (not Live Mail) installed two rules for incoming mails, where the first one deletes mails directly on the server for a list of twelve sender names, and the second one moves mails from a specified sender into a specified folder. - I noticed that a client's mail to one of my addresses didn't receive me. Then he sent a mail to each of my three addresses, and only two received me....

Max number sheets in a file?
How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only abou a page of text? I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots an lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer fo m -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The number will be limited by the memory in your computer. Certainly hundreds of sheets is well within most machine's capacity. In article <bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>, bishopwill <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How many sheets can an excel 2002 file hav...

Sheet to sheet copying
Hi, I have two spreadsheets. One called nursing and the other medical. I want to be able to copy certain cells from one sheet to other and visa verca without the need to copy & paste. So I want a cell in nursing to search a column for specific text in the medical sheet, then I want the contents of cells in the row where the text is found to be copied to cells in the nursing sheet. Example: The cells B3-G3 in the nursing sheet to search Column A in the medical sheet for specific text e.g. "G1". When "G1" is found in cell A5 then the contents of cells B5-G5 in t...

Check Register to Mortgage Sheet
Hi; I am using MS Money 2007. If I write a check in my register to my mortgage company, how do I get that transaction to update my mortgage account register? Do I have to type it in twice (Once to my check register and once to my mortgage register)? I would like to set some stuff up where items in my check register automatically cary to other account items. Thanks for any advice on this. Pat From the Check Register make it a transfer to your Mortgage Account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mn...

Lost microsoft office during windows 7 install.
I have upgraded my laptop from vista to 7. Before I upgraded I reset my computer back to its factory settings. When I completed my installation of 7 microsoft office was no longer on the laptop. The version of microsoft office that I had was installed when I originally purchased the laptop and I do not have the disks. I did write down the activiation key that is displayed during start up. Can I recover/download microsoft office and use the activiation key I have? You will need to contact the original vendor that supplied office and see if they can give you a replacement. &q...

list sheet comments
Hi, I have a sheet with a lot of comments. I would like to create a macro that lists all the comments of the sheet in column F. I=B4ve tried something similar like this: For Each cmt in ActiveSheet.Comments MsgBox cmt.Text Next cmt But I don=B4t know how to list each comment in each cell of column F instead of a msgbox. thanks Dim StartCell as Range dim Cmt as comment with activesheet set startcell = .range("F1") for each cmt in .comments startcell.value = cmt.txt 'come down to the next cell set startcell = startcell.offset(1,0) n...

blank out rest of work sheet
I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For example: I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from happening. Thanks... --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 Hi Shawn, See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site: ...

No Bound Sheets Found Error Dialog Box-Excel 2000
Hello all. I have a 8.5MB spreadsheet that is the summary of weekly timesheets that are Excel files. I have attempted various strategies to reduce the size of the files. This sheet is all references to other worksheets. Up until two days ago, when opening the file and it asks, this contains references to other files...do you want Excel to update the cell refences, y or N. I always hit okay and it does it's stuff. Now however, when the box comes up when opening the file, I hit okay and it returns a "No Bound Sheets" error dialog box. All I can do is hit okay and a...

How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet
I have 2 sheets in the excel file. On the first sheet the first colum is a part num only. The second sheet has part num on the first column and descriptions on the second column. I need a macro or script that will scan the second sheet for part num that matches the first sheet part num and populate the description(at the second column) on the first excel sheet. -- KH One way .. Assuming the reference data is in Sheet2, cols A and B col A = part#, col B = description In Sheet1 ----------- With col A containing part# in A2 down, Put in B2: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"&quo...

Changing from sheet to sheet
Hi there! Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the mouse and click on the sheet I want to work with)? Many thanks! Hi Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn is one way. Insert > Hyperlink (and after that clicking it) is another. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Greywolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5bfc01c42d6b$c2a26630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there! > > Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from > sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the &...

system() command with administrative previledges in windows 7
Hi, i am trying to run an application from another application in windows 7. I am using command "system()" to execute the applicaiton. The parent applicaiton i am running in administrative mode but the another application which is called through "system" is not running in administrative mode. anybody knows how to run this in administrative mode using system() command? or is there any other mechaninsm which i can use? thanks Hitesh Hi Hitesh, the system(...) function is not the first choice for that. I would recommend to use tese: CreateProcess(...) Creat...

GP 9.0 Modifier/VBA Cannot close lookup window
Hi: The look up window ( VendorDetail(Grid) ) for vendors still open when close the vendor’s maintenance window. I tried this: Private Sub Window_AfterClose() If VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = True Then VendorsDetail.IsLoaded = False End If End Sub But I had Compile error Method or Data member not found. Any idea to close this window after VendorMaintenance close will be appreciated. Regards for all of you Hello Valentine, what i followed from your question here is you want to close the lookup of the vendor list when you close the window of vendor maintenance. here a...

Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1
Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated? I not sure if this has to be done pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this type of request. thanks Nick If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the duplication, it's fairly easy. Lets say you want to compare the contents of column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on Sheet1). Your data starts o...

Function to Copy all sheets into one sheet
Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create one worksheet, rather than one at a time? You could use a for/each loop for each ws in worksheets depends on what and where you want to copy next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Des" <cusaty@express-scripts.com> wrote in message news:013801c3b43a$5cb403b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create > one worksheet, rather than one at a time? ...

? copy groups in windows mail to send to someone else
I have several groups up to 150 emails included, in my windows mail that I need to copy and send to someone else. Is there anyway to copy each group and send without having to copy each email address separately? Create a new email and select the group to send it to (but do not send it). Click the + symbol beside the group in that email's To line to expand and display all of the members of the group. Highlight and copy all of the names. Then paste that into the body of a 2nd new email and send it to your friend for them to use to create their own group. Repeat this proced...

Linking sheets
I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet. Thx, Chris In Excel 2003 or earlier. Insert>Hyperlink>Existing file or webpage. Browse to the target workbook then hit "Bookmark" and pick a sheet and a cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT), spacia <chris_butler@thegrid.net> wrote: >I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a >specific sheet in...

Saving Excel Sheet
I have a series of worksheets that I use to generate a quotation. I would like to use these worksheets like a template but when saved I only want to save the results in a separate file is this possible? If you look up Template in Help there is quite a good explanation of how to create and use a template. -- Regards, OssieMac "dragons_lair" wrote: > I have a series of worksheets that I use to generate a quotation. I would > like to use these worksheets like a template but when saved I only want to > save the results in a separate file is this possible? ...