Shared Workbook Query

Hi,

I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share
workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an
that you cannot for example merge cells.

However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon
wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share
workbook it removes the merged formatting.

At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop
across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo
so that the formatting is maintained.

Is there any other way around this problem so that people can cop
across formatted text from another worksheet when it is in share
mode?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
officeworke
officeworker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3602

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

two tables one query.
I have the following info and I want to create a query. [tblPayment]![strLCNumber] [tblIRB]![strLCNumber] and [tblIRB]![strAltRef] I want to do the following: Search tblIRB where both [tblPayment]![strLCNumber] & [tblIRB]![strAltRef] equal each other, but get the information attached to [tblIRB]![strLCNumber] & [tblIRB]![strAltRef] equal each other. I hope that makes since!!! SELECT * FROM tblPayment INNER JOIN tblIRB ON tblPayment.strLCNumber = tblIRB.strAltRef Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Professional_in_need_of help" <Professionalinneed...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

reference columns by number in queries
Greetings, columns or fields can be referenced by numbers (as variables) programmatically in a recordset, but can columns be referenced by a number indicating it's postion in a table within a Query? Thank you for your time and expertise. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:43:08 GMT, "gemeye" <u57552@uwe> wrote: >Greetings, columns or fields can be referenced by numbers (as variables) >programmatically in a recordset, but can columns be referenced by a number >indicating it's postion in a table within a Query? Thank you for your time >and expertise. Y...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Query of uncommon records...
I am having some trouble writing a query where I can match records with similar but exactly the same content. For example I want to watch times with second or five second differences... What is the best way for me to do this? On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:44:00 -0800, Hydrogeo <Hydrogeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having some trouble writing a query where I can match records with >similar but exactly the same content. For example I want to watch times with >second or five second differences... What is the best way for me to do this? Use a "non equi join"...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Unable to insert Access queries
When trying to use ms-query to import data from an Access database, I've found that it doesn't allow me to open some of the queries (views) from access. It seems that the queries I have trouble importing have the nz() function in calculated fields of the access queries (views) (or in a sub-query). Is this simply not supported or is there a way to work around it? In the Access query, instead of Nz, use an IIF formula. For example: EstHrsCalc: IIf(IsNull([EstHrs]),0,[EstHrs]) Craig A wrote: > When trying to use ms-query to import data from an Access database, I've found that...

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

Crosstab Query 05-28-07
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me, I have crosstab queries set up to show orders recevied and orders closed for two teams by each week of the current year, ( fields are Date_Received and Date_Closed )both of which are date and time formatted, that all works fine. What I'm also trying to achieve is a count of Orders not closed at midnight on the last day of the week ( weekending Sunday ) . Thanks Robert Are you saying that you wish to see the Orders received in a week but not closed in that week? One approach might be to first find all Orders received by week, then find all ...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Converting dBase III Plus *.prg file to Access query
Where can I find tips for converting an old dBase III Plus *.prg file into a query. I'm looking for info on translating dBase statements into Access query statements. I'll then paste translated staements into SQL view and be done. Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne Hi Wayne, You'd be better off rewriting prg programs in Access (i.e. escpecially those developed in dBaseIIIPlus). The whole programming philosophy is very different in dBaseIIIPlus: - dBaseIIIPlus is more record-by-record processing as opposed to a set oriented processing in Access. - the user interface is...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

Query Question- LIKE
I downloaded the contract management database for Access2003. I have two questions 1. The contact management has a field titled "Subject" I have changed it from" Text" to "Memo" Data Type. I created a query to search for Like "asbestos" in Subject Field to display all records with "asbestos" in the Subject Field. For some reason this is not working?? I tried changing the datatype to Text but no success. 2. How do I create a query with Query parameter to search for say" asbestos" in the subject field at the run time. This way I can sea...