Share Workbooks and Comments #2

Can anyone help me with this one...
I have a simple spreadsheet which is shared and resides on a server.
Apprx 6 people access and modify the sheet and save their modifications
back to the server.
No 2 people ever change the same cell so there are never any conflicts.

The problem I have is that often the comments in a cell do not upload
to the server. The user is unaware of this util he closes and re-opens
the workbook to find that all of his changes have been saved but none
of his comments.

I have been getting the users to make their own copy at the end of the
day and if they e-mail that copy to me and I merge it into the server
copy the comments still do not merge. If I make a change to a comment
and repeat then both new and old comments merge in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

--
phil Friend
phil Friend's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36533

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 Signature #2
I have setup multiple email accounts in Outlook. I have also assigned a signature to a non-default email account. If I set it for reply it works fine. However, I cannot get the signature to add to a new email message. It works for the default account, but not when I change the account to something other than the default. I think this used to work, but not now. Anyone with any ideas please reply by email. Thanks YOu need to turn on WordMail as your email editor. Tools | Options | Mail Format -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Creating a subbook from a workbook.
Excel 2002. I have a master workbook that contains 75 sheets. Each sheet represents a territory. I have six persons, each of which is responsible for a subset of these 75 territories. I want to create six workbooks, that derive their data from the master workbook. Each of these workbooks will have about a dozen sheets, My question is this: How can I create these six workbooks such that the sheets in these workbooks point back to the sheets in the master workbook? I know how to make cells point to cells in other workbooks. But I want to make the whole sheet point to another shee...

look up #2
I will have column B which I needs to be either a "Yes" or "No" depending of what is entered in column C. There are 36 possibilities for column C. Can someone tell me the easiest way to auto fill "Yes" or "No" in column B? thank you "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:098901c3c96d$14303df0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I will have column B which I needs to be either a "Yes" > or "No" depending of what is entered in column C. There > are 36 possibilities for column C. Can someone tell me > t...

Application does not launch in IE ? #2
Hello people, I have a user that launches IE and goes to the correct URL to sign in into CRM 4.0, just like all my other users do. He uses his correct credentials, tries to logon and then nothing happens. That is, he gets the request to log in again. No error message, nothing. Just the screen to sign in again like he just started. This is not a problem with the user itself, but rather with the PC - other users have the same problem on that PC and the application runs fine on other PC's. I know there is something that *does* work, since when I use the wrong credentials, I get an er...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Cannot copy & past beween workbooks
Hi, I have two workbooks open in the same Excel instance, but cannot copy and paste. The paste and paste special option is grayed out in the second workbook. Thank you for your help. Dunno why that would be, but if nothing else works you could try copying the particular worksheet temporarily into the destination workbook, copying from there and then deleting the copied worksheet. In Excel 2000 go through the Edit, move or copy sheet routine, and remember to cross the "create a copy" box. There is a problem I have come across with copying between workbooks, an...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

copying formulas #2
how do I copy a formula in a column through 52 rows? I have a column of 52 rows into which I want a sum from about 10 other column's cells to appear. How do I copy this formula to keep the sum from the same 10 columns following down with appropriate row #s throughout the 52 rows? Hi, Show us your formula and an example of the data layout. Because normally you would just choose Copy and Paste or use the Fill Handle. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "spurge" <spurge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CF17062-48FE-4EFD-B454-877A0DA3FDC5@microsoft.com... > ...

x-Axis values #2
I have to create a chart that has X-values 1 - 20000. They have to become more and more dense as the value grows. Distance between values has to decrease (as the values on x-axis grow). Ho to do it? Please help me... I will assume your x-values are in column A, y-values in B In C1 enter =IF(MOD(ROW(),100)=0,B1,NA() ) Then chart data in A against that in C - it will chart every 100th data point For more info see one of my book: "Microsoft Excel w nauce i technice" or "Microsoft Excel; w biznesie i zarzqdzaniu" published by Wydawnnictwo RM -- Bernard Liengme www.stf...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Running Average #2
How can I create a formula that creates a running average? Example... I have four column headings: Date, Weekly Pay, Weekly Average, Yearly Total. Each week I enter how much I'm paid in the Weekly Pay. The formula under Yearly Total is =IF(B2="","",N(D1)+B2), then I copy the formula down. The Weekly Average would simply be the grand total divided by the number of weeks. What would the formula look like? will this do? =AVERAGE($C$2:C2) copied down -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "John Persico" <replytogroup@nospam.com>...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

Password protected workbooks
I have one master workbook that has sheets that are linked to 9 other workbooks. The other 9 workbooks have individual passwords. When I open the "master" workbook, I have to enter the other 9 workbook passwords. How do I get around that? Anybody? -- M.Stanley Create the 11th workbook that opens the first 9 (supplying the password) and then opens the master. Is it ok to open those other workbooks? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim myPWDs As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim testStr As String 'put all ten workbook names her...

Questions about DLLs (2)
Still having problems with my test app. Here is the background: I created a test CRichEditView class SDI app. I wanted to create a small DLL for classes that I use frequently in other apps. In my test MFC Extension DLL I added a new class: class __declspec(dllexport) CStringManip { // some simple string conversion functions } This class has a function that converts the string to Titlecase. In my RichView I want to use it as follows: void CTestEdView::OnTitlecase() { CRichEditCtrl& rc = GetRichEditCtrl(); if( !rc.GetSelText().IsEmpty() ) { // MakeTitleCase...

stopping the link of macros in one workbook with every other exce.

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Protecting all worksheets of a workbook
I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2, Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and 'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along with other workbooks would be shared on a network driv...

Printing Issues #2
I have a system that is having printing problems. I have the system set up to print over USB to an HP 1000 Laserjet. However when I load up any of the screens in GP the Print button is actually greyed out. Im sorry I can't be too specific here, IM fairly computer savy but I dont know much about GP. I read something about changing Named Printers, but when I looked through the Microsoft Articles on this, that seemed to only be for Terminal Servers, though I'd appreciate any directions people might be able to point me in this. Thank you very much Nathan, It used to be earlier ...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...