set up different default printer for MS Excel

I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to
be default one for ALL NEW Excel  files. So task is not to change it manually
or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly
after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Stefan,

You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel.
Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes.  Right-click the printer you wish to be the
default, and choose "Set as Default."

To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer), put
the following code in the ThisWorkbook module in Personal.xls (or any workbook that's opened
automatically, such as one specified in "At startup, open all files in" in Tools - Options -
General tab, or any in your Xlstart folder):

   Private Sub Workbook_Open()
   Application.ActivePrinter = "Fax on Ne01:"
   End Sub

Change the name as needed.  To get the name, you can use the macro recorder while changing
the active printer.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting.  But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already
top-posted, the thread gets messy.  When in Rome.

"Stefan88912" <Stefan88912@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to
> be default one for ALL NEW Excel  files. So task is not to change it manually
> or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly
> after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions?

0
someone798 (944)
4/12/2007 1:53:28 PM
Use Auto_Open Macro

Stefan88912 wrote:

> I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to
> be default one for ALL NEW Excel  files. So task is not to change it manually
> or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly
> after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions?

0
birelan (531)
4/12/2007 1:55:23 PM
hi Earl,
it has helped me and it works fine. Have a nice weekend!
Stefan.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel.
> Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes.  Right-click the printer you wish to be the
> default, and choose "Set as Default."
>
> To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer), put
> the following code in the ThisWorkbook module in Personal.xls (or any workbook that's opened
> automatically, such as one specified in "At startup, open all files in" in Tools - Options -
> General tab, or any in your Xlstart folder):
>
>    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
>    Application.ActivePrinter = "Fax on Ne01:"
>    End Sub
>
> Change the name as needed.  To get the name, you can use the macro recorder while changing
> the active printer.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
>
> Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting.  But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already
> top-posted, the thread gets messy.  When in Rome.

> "Stefan88912" <Stefan88912@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to
> > be default one for ALL NEW Excel  files. So task is not to change it manually
> > or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly
> > after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions?

setting up new outlook mail account

Excel 2003 scrolling
When using Excel, I have always been able to use the scroll wheel to navigate vertically in a spreadsheet. With the installation of Excel 2003, scrolling occurs left to right. Any solutions? ...

OWA Set Rule problem

Messages in the deferred delivery queue following MS article Q315631
Hi, I need to forward all missaddressed emails to a single mailbox so carried out the instructions at this support article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315631. Unfortunately email that is to be sent to the second SMTP server with the event sink stays in the deferred messages queue and is never delivered to the other SMTP virtual server. MailBasketMD is not an option currently as valid inbound email dissappears when it is active. I'm not saying that it a fault with the software but it just doesn't seem compatible with our current setup (migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003...

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

How to set backcolour

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Excel and Access merge
Is it possible to take data from Access and link it to Excel? I have two groups that I am working with and one uses Excel and one uses Access and we would like all the data to end up in Excel without having to rekey. Thanks for the help. Todd Try using MsQuery to import the data from Access. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046001c3c961$6d9f6840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to t...

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

How do I set OOR

Convert Quicken XG 2005 to MS Money?
We've been using Quicken XG 2005 for a while now. It does the job, but we've had issues with it and are considering other options. Microsoft has knowledge base article 136112, but it is not available for viewing. Also, we are in Canada. The MS Money website does not give any details as to what kind of functionality we would get from MS Money. Is there a Canadian or an International site for MS Money? ...

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

outlook 2003 resetting default folders
After following a tutorial on customizing personal folders in Outlook 2003, I changed the settings. After living with it for a few hours, I decided to move all my email back into the inbox and delete the personal folders and rules I set earlier. Now I can't view any of my emails. I can see that there's unread emails ny the number in the parentheses, but I can't view them. Please tell me how to get my outlook back to the default settings. TIA, Sophia Solved the problem. There's a tool w/in the program called "scanpst.exe". It must be run with outlook closed....