Serial time to readable time

How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
08:22:14?
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are 86400 seconds in a day.
30134/86400 = 0.34877

Therefore, you can format a cell containing 0.34877 as "Time" to display "8:22:14 AM"
(or a cell containing the formula...  =30134/86400)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"slscanlon3" <sheryl.scanlon@gmail.com>
wrote in message
> How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
> 08:22:14?

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

Total Time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C49C08.AE2CF5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, I thought this would be in the old posts but I am running out of time to = look so...sorry if this is already posted somewhere. I have cell A1 = with my start time, B1 has my finish time. Both are formatted in = military time. I want cell C1 to show how many hours I worked. What = would the formula be? Thanks, Linda ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C49C08.AE2CF5B0 Content-Type: text/html; char...

Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0
Hi All, I hope you can help. I am developing a Add-in in Excel 97 (So this addin will work in version of 97 and onwards). The problem was I needed a date picker like the one was available in Excel 2000. I looked on MSDN and downloaded the MSCOMCT2.OCX & MSCOMCT2.INF file. This file was registered using Regsvr32, which was successful as it also created a MSCOMCT2.SRG file. However when I attemp to use the DTPicker I get the following message in msgbox: "The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed" Any help will be greatly appreciatated. Many...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

Calendar Time Zones
I recently moved from the Eastern Time Zone,and therefore switched my computer to Mountain Time Zone. Calendar events (birthdays, holidays, etc.) which were scheduled as all day events now stretch over two days, being two hours in one zone and 22 in the new zone. How do I get these events to appear only on the given day in the Mountain zone (e. g. Christmas on December 25th only). -- Ar Dub Group your Calendar by Category and remove the Holidays. Then add them again through Calendar Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the ...

Serial Motor
How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I use? Justin Case wrote: > How do you control a motor via serial port? What language should I > use? I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+you+control+a+motor+via+serial+port -- HTH, Bob Barrows Bob Barrows (reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom) writes: > I don't know, but it certainly isn't possible with SQL Server ... What? You can't control a motor with an engine? -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se...

Electronic Time Sheets
Hello, I'm in a bit of a pinch. I've been working for a couple of days with this company, (internship) and they have asked me to design a way to allow employees to enter their worked-hours time sheets electronically. Currently they just write them on a piece of paper and hand them in. They are using Great Plains 8. I asked for the manuals and they said they never bought them because they were too expensive. (I didn't even know you had to buy the manual.) So basically, I don't know how to work this out. Would it be possible for me to create an ASP.NET application that genera...

appts. changing to multi day on time zone change
Some of my appointments that are "all day" setups are becoming multi-day appts. when I change the time zone on my PC when I travel. They do not change back to single day when I change the time back either. Is there a way to prevent this, or change them all back in batch some how? Thx, ...

serial port communuication
Hi all, I m communicating to a printer device through serial port.It is failing to open the port,but when I disable and enable the com port in device manager,it works fine(i.e)it communicates with the printer and reads the configuration settings of the printer). Regards Hari are u leaving the port opened when ur program terminates ........ what is the frequency of u disabling/enabling port ....... after every run ...... some times works some times not ..... ????? "hari" <haricibi83@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171455246.402743.203120@k78g2000cwa.googlegrou...

Serialization of jagged Arrays Issue
Hi there, I m trying to return an object (of my own written class) from a web service that contains jagged Arrays as public variables. Asp.Net is showing me the its serialized version on the browser when i invoke the service during test. Code: public class returnType { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("chassisdata")] public _chassisdata[] chassisdata; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheel", typeof(_wheel[]),IsNullable=false)] public _wheel[][] upsteps; [XmlArray(),XmlArrayItem("wheelsize", typeof(_wheelsize[]),IsNullable=false)] publi...

open files serially
Hi, I seek your help for the following; I have few files in one of the folder. The file names are ending with numeric number. The uniqueness of the file names are they are serially numbered e.g. ABC123.xls, XYZ124.xls, MNO_AB125.xls, LKM126.xls. I would like to open these files serially (...123 then ...124 so on so forth till last files in the folder). Once the file is open i would like to do some processing and save it in another folder. The files once opened and saved in another folder it should get deleted from earlier folder (From where the file was opened). Than...

Date & Time Detention Clock Functions
Hi I am creating a sheet that acts as a production clock and works out various factors that can change for work. I need help in several areas the production item has two clocks running simultaneously and as I cannot post my sheet I will try to explain what I mean. Product item I will call X X arrives say at 13:00 hrs today it has to be out within 24 hrs exactly I need a cell to add on 24 hours which shows the date and time known as Relevant Out date / time. During the 24 hours X may be transferred to another facility so I have to show that X is transfers out (I enter this cell with...

sorting worksheets by time
Hi all, my first time here & I am hoping someone can help with th following - I have a workbook I use daily which can contain between 10 to 2 worksheets. The worksheets are named 1,2,3 & so on & each has a tim asigned to it in the format "h:mm", which is located at cell C1. What I am looking for is a way to sort the worksheets by their tim value, earliest to latest. Thanks in advance for any help provided -- dave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- davez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

COleDateTimeSpan
I noticed problem in Visual Studio.NET 7.0.9466, don't know if something wrong with my VC source code. the bug could cause data corruption if you use serialization of COleDatTimeSpan object, the problem is in file olevar.cpp, one line of code is missing (at least on my mashine ============= CArchive& AFXAPI operator<<(CArchive& ar, COleDateTimeSpan dateSpanSrc return ar << dateSpanSrc.m_span CArchive& AFXAPI operator>>(CArchive& ar, COleDateTimeSpan& dateSpanSrc ar >> (long&)dateSpanSrc.m_status return ar >> dateSpanSrc.m_span ...

Outlook Connector, how I can setup the sync time?
Hello, the Connect works very well in general, but it works a little bit too much. It sync eache ONE Minute. I have tried: 1) ALT+CTRL+S, create a new group and setup the time to 30 minutes 2) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/889694/ but no luck. Peter Outlook Connector 12.0.6407.1000 Outlook 2007 12.0.6316.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6320.5000 Vista ultimate 32 with SP1 and all updates How many accounts? Try a new profile with just one acct and see if it syncs less frequently. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Serializing Array with array "name" in the XML

Comparing Times
GDay All, I have a spreadsheet with a number of columns. In these columns, times will be entered (probably 24 hour style). I need to compare these times and present the lowest time in another cell. However, I'm stuck for a formula to calculate this. Anyone here have any ideas?? Your help is appreciated! TIA -- Regards trumpy81 *** Please remove the `_ spam _' trap before replying to this message *** One way: =MIN(A:A) Format as a time. In article <#6e66z$eFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "trumpy81" <trumpy81_spam_@yahoo.com> wrote: > GDay...

Serialize
Hi All, I use Serialize() to open files in my application. However, if the file is ReadOnly I get the error "Failed to open document" from CDocManager::OpenDocumentFile(LPCTSTR lpszFileName). Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? Cheers, Rob ...

Subtract Time
Hi I have a column "A1" to "A300" with time data (06:19:21), how can I subtract a half hour? The seconds should not be relevant in the final column. Thank you -- smile On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:34:01 -0700, israel <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi I have a column "A1" to "A300" with time data (06:19:21), how can I >subtract a half hour? The seconds should not be relevant in the final column. > >Thank you Try the following formula: =FLOOR(G17-1/48,1/1440) Hope this helps / Lars-�ke On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:03:43 GMT, L...

Excel worksheet programming for time restrictions.
I have several cells (properties) that will be visible or not depending on the time of day. I am using VBA to set the value of the properties and need a way to use not just the TIME function to establish the system time but, a way to test for a period of time, for example the DAY SHIFT, SWING SHIFT AND GRAVEYARD SHIFT. Using If Then Else conditional statements to test the system time to a span of time to indicate the shifts aforesaid. What I am not clear on is the syntax in VBA to use when identifying the shifts and testing for conditions met. HElP? Is this any help? Dim tim0800 Dim ...

What is most efficient way to serialize a "group" of objects?
What would be the most efficient way to serialize a group of the same objects? For example, if I have 10 Organization objects I want to return from a WebMethod in a "container", what type of container would be most efficient (ArrayList, Collection, etc.)? It is a requirement that the container be dynamic in size and be able to add each object dynamically. Also, if an ArrayList or something similar is used, is there a way to have the root element be something other than "ArrayOfAnyType", e.g., "Organizations"? Thanks, Chris ...

Time sheet Wrong posting values
Dears, I am facing a probelm while posting Time sheet from (Time Card Entry) and they are using (Enter duration hours/minutes) after posting it shows the date of entry (from date) is 00/00/0000 and the (to date) is 00/00/1900. and it shows a negative value in the (Cost put into the WIP) from Manufacturing order variance inqury. please advice, ...

Datetime
Hi all ! Is it possible to have a datetime field but only displying the time. I know that only displying the date is possible, also to display date and time, but I didn't find the way to display only the time. In the system entity "Service", there is a field called "begining at" only displaying a time information, but no way to reproduce a custom field like that it in the soft. Any aidea? Thank you very much... ...

serialize CObArray
I've just converted an app from vc6 to vc7 (vis studio .net 2003 version). I have a serialized file type which has worked perfectly for years, now i'm getting errors when reading newly archived CObArray (which not suprisingly contains objects derived from cobject). Anyone else had this problem?? Just a pointer. When you post, try and give as much information as you can, particularly the errors you are getting? Is this any use? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322621 Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for news...

Serializing an object whose class implements ICollection
Hi All, I've been searching around for a solution to over-riding the default serialization of an object whose class is derived from System.Collections.CollectionBase (implementing ICollection). From searches, a solution seems to have been offered by a Dino Chiesa. In his proposed solution, Dino suggests that you specify an XmlRootAttribute in the serializer along with a code example that is no longer available at the url posted. Attempting this solution (without benefit of the example) yields only an error InnerException {"XmlRoot and XmlType attributes may not be specifi...