Serial time to readable time

How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
08:22:14?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are 86400 seconds in a day.
30134/86400 = 0.34877

Therefore, you can format a cell containing 0.34877 as "Time" to display "8:22:14 AM"
(or a cell containing the formula...  =30134/86400)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"slscanlon3" <sheryl.scanlon@gmail.com>
wrote in message
> How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
> 08:22:14?

Serialization Help
I've created a visual editor for a state machine prototype. I am able to create the CObject derived objects and serialize with no problems within the SDI editor. I need to serialize the file created within the editor into a seperate application to reproduce the CObject derived objects. How do I do this? Write it out in XML and use that. There are numerous problems with serialization as done in MFC, and I wouldn't trust it for a product as far as I could throw an old mainframe. joe On 27 May 2006 17:39:07 -0700, "tim@DELETEMErobotcrazy.com" <tim@robotcrazy.com&...

Problkems with timing on meeting requests...
This is kind of bizarre and hopefully easy to fix... We are using the Outlook 2002 client with Exchange 2000. One of our users who has been sending meeting requests to other users. has just informed me that when the requested user gets the meeting request, the requested times are exactly an hour LATER than what she had set the meeting for. (the time on her machine is perfect) Also, when someone sends her a meeting request (vice-versa), the times show up on her Outlook client an hour EARLIER than they should be. What can I look for to correct this issue? It's seems fine for everyone e...

Event time tracking
I need to track an event from a date/time starting point. It may span weekends and I must not count weekends, holidays, lunch break or any time outside regular workhours (08:00 to 17:00) and must track elapsed time between milestones that could be as many as 6 and the overall time to finish the event. Each milestone is tracked by date/time. I've tried a lot of functions and combinations (WORKDAY, NETWORKDAYS, etc. etc. and everytime there's a new glitch! Any suggestions? By the way, I MUST do it in EXCEL! Thanks in advance. -- Excel is like heaven. You must first die to see ...

Run-time error '430':
I get an error now in manager and pos that says "Class does no support Automation or does not support expected interface. I am using 2.0.0115 with an epson Tm88IV and a ingenico i6550 that doesn't work yet. Thank you in advance for your input. -- Steve You will have to do a full reinstall of the RMS software. "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43B094FE-7C61-48CD-B4E0-BAE481611A92@microsoft.com... >I get an error now in manager and pos that says "Class does no support > Automation or doe...

How to graph 2 stacked colums/date, both over time?
I need to create a stacked column graph which displays two stacked columns, for example the components of actual sales compared to the same components of projected sales over several time periods within the same graph. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks. Is this what you need? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "LTB @ Miami, OK" <LTBMiamiOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F55225F-98E8-4F0E-BF25-31BD42...

removing a container in XML serialization
What I want is to take a class like public class Fred { [XmlaAttributeAttribute]; public string Name; [SomeAttributeHere] public string[] Items; } and have it sereialize like <Fred Name="MyName"> <Item>Item1</Item> <Item>Item2</Item> </Fred> But I cannot see how to avoid it looking more like this <Fred Name="MyName"> <Items> <Item>Item1</Item> <Item>Item2</Item> <Items> </Fred> What do I need to do? Thanks Iain -- Iain Downs (DirectShow MVP) Commercial Software Ther...

each message enters repeatede 20 times !!!!!
Every time I get a message on my e-mail account of window live mail , enters repeated 20 times o more. If I delete them, re-enter. No matter where you send. My email is filled with so many messages. How I can stop them? ...

How does the time interval work on a calendar view?
I'm trying to create a calendar view based on a custom list on a team services site. The list has a column to indicate if it should be displayed in the calendar view. The list also has a 'date' column which indicates the date that the item in the list is due. When I create a calendar view the only options I get for time interval are 'created' and 'modified'. So, when I create the calendar view all of the items that should be displayed show up on the same date (either the date I created or modified the item). I'd like the items to show up on th...

Scheduled SMTP connector, only one message has a Time of Next connection
We are running an Exchange 2003 environment and we are experiencing the exact same problem below, but this is year later. Is anyone aware of fix/patch that addresses this bug? Danny Schmid ---------------------------------------- Thw word from MS Support, Australia: "Hi Malcolm, I have been carrying out some more research as per screen dumps and the issue you are experiencing. Only one of the Scheduled queues appears to be "awake". There is a known bug with Exchange 2000 and using SMTP connector scheduling. At the schedule interval of the SMTP connector only one link wi...

Making a Time book Form
I'm creating a time book in access to record Shift work and time off and such things. so far everything seems Ok but the Form. i need the Form to lay out as a Biweekly calender, dates across the top employees down the left side. The User puts in a Payperiod Number and the rest of the Form populates on Refresh and the user can make adjustments. I can't seem to find away to make it work. Does any one have any suggestions? Have a look at the Flex Grid Demo program at :- http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccf...

vb6 run time error 5 when Outlook 2007 Explorer object displayed
hi all I have a vb6 program which integrates with MS Outlook and was working fine until the client upgraded their PC's - the OS stayed at XP Pro but Office was upgraded from 2003 to 2007. The app is now throwing a runtime error 5 "invalid procedure call or argument". This is difficult for me to debug as I my dev machine is W2K so I cannot install Office 2007 on it. But as far as I can tell the error is occurring when the code gets to the line myExplorer.Display - this is in response to the user double clicking a calendar item in Outlook. Just wondering is...

Time logging
I am looking for a formula to put in cell A1 that logs the time that any data is entered in A2. Anyone have any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi This can't be done by a formula. You'll VBA code for this. Enter the following in the worksheet module for your sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A2")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo CleanUp Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Value <> ""...

Domain ControllerThe Time Sync
Hello This is now driving me crazy, I have sync the time with time.windows.com on the domain controller but its allway 2/3 minutes out with our clients! The domain controller is windows 2003 server Hello Jason, Make sure the DC has the PDCEmulator role which is configured to the external time source. On all machines must port 123 UDP be open. On the clients run(can also be scripted as startup script): w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update After that run: net stop w32time net start w32time Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided...

Incorrect time for incoming email
This past Sunday, I went from Daylight savings time to standard time. The problem I have is that email and meeting requests are showing the wrong time. For example if I send a meeting request for 2:00 it is showing up on the recipients calander as 1:00. The time on the DC (2000), Exchange servers (2003) and clients are correct. There must be a setting I'm missing. Any ideas? I have recently learned there is a calendar setting in Outlook in Tools/Options/calendar options/time zone. If the check in Daylight savings is not in there then times will not correspond with Windows tim...

Outlook 2003 changes appt times
Outlook randomly changes my calendar appointment times by one hour. It also changes holidays that it generates by one hour. e.g. it changed Labor day from 12:00 to 12:00 to 11:00pm the day before to 11:00pm on labor day. It also changes by one hour when it downloads to my pocketPC. Kevin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook randomly changes my calendar appointment times by > one hour. It also changes holidays that it generates by > one hour. e.g. it changed Labor day from 12:00 to 12:00 > to 11:00pm the day before to 11:00pm on labor day. It > also ...

How to preserve root node attributes on serialization
It seems that XML Serializatoin automatically puts certain XSD attributs in the root node. How can I control the root node attributes emitted to something more custom so I can preserve my schema link? Alex wrote: > It seems that XML Serializatoin automatically puts certain XSD attributs in > the root node. How can I control the root node attributes emitted to > something more custom so I can preserve my schema link? Just create public fields and reflect them to these attributes using usual XmlAttribute attribute. -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com/blog Multiconn Techno...

Compart two times
Using VB 6 I want to compare two times, a time stamp and the current time. The timestamp will always be on the same date as the current date so I dont have to compare the date part (but can if it is easier) I can break the time apart and use datepart() but there has to be a simpler way. eg: if time-timestamp < 5 min then ... tia That subject should read "compare two times" (dont post before second cup of cofee!!) "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:erP8dpFFLHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Using VB 6 I want to comp...

Text to Columns issue with Date & Time
I exported a report from our problem tracking system into Excel, and th date and time show up in one cell together with a space between. Ex 10/25/04 14:56. When I try to split them into two columns using the 'Text to Columns feature, (space delimited) it changes it to three columns that loo like this: A) 10/25/04 0:00 B) 1/0/00 2:56 C) PM I don't want the 0:00 in column A, or the 1/0/00 in column B, and m preference is that it would leave the time in a 24 hour format although that's not critical. Ideal would be A) 10/25/04 B 14:56. I tried formatting the column...

Time scale axis should be available in PivotChart Report.
We should be able to time scale the X axis in PivotChart Reports. Pivot Charts are very usefull. I don't see any good reason to lose the time scale propety while doing a PivotChart Report. > Pivot Charts are very useful. I guess I don't agree. It could have beenn true, except for the severe limitations in Pivot Charts, one of which is the topic of your post, which render them nearly useless in most nontrivial applications. The only time I make pivot charts, in fact, is to answer posts in this group. I make regular charts from pivot table data. This is not too hard, as long...

Time
[TIME WHAT IS TIME] Time, what is time ? do we have all the time in the world , are we ready to give it up in a split second ? can we stop time a will , just by thinking about it , or just by snapping our fingers ? Time , how much power do we have over you ? let's see ; it's eight o' clock in the morning , but you start work at seven o'clock in the morning ! you're late , what can you do about it ? let's see , snap your fingers to see what happens . did time change , is it seven in the morning ? no , off-course not...

Seems like time to dredge this one up
Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a new commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already, enjoy. If you have, well, enjoy anyway. How products like Money get to be products like Money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23bpPLt1HIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ ...

Scattered chart combined with columns and time-x-axis in XL2007
Dear Group, until XL2003 I could create a column chart, configure the x-axis to as a time-axis (for x-scaling purposes) and I could place scattered charts (as carrier for text and symbols) at any (non-integer) x-position. Using XL2007, scattered charts can only be positioned on x-integer-values. So I am forced to put a second transparent scattered-chart over the column-chart? Or is there any better way to do this in ONE chart? Thanks in advance: Holger. Ironically, the XY series can plot anywhere along a text axis in 2007. The first category is at X=1, the second at X=2, etc. I hadn...

>>>Notice of Delayed Response Times<<<<
------=_NextPart_0001_48190A22 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear partners, Thank you for your patience during our recent service delays due to flooding in the Fargo area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working diligently to restore the service level you have become accustomed to receive with this service. We appreciate your patience as we work through posts and inquiries in the order they were received. Thank you for participating in the partner online technical communities! Jen Mehrer Microsoft Partner Newsgroups Suppo...

Time Stamp different between Timezones
Hi, I'm writting a program which takes timestamps in GMT+1 and needs to convert them to the local time of the local PC the program is run on.... I have done some pottering about - but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.. Any ideas/help? Thanks Have a look at theTime Functions in MSDN (such as GetTimeZoneInformation, SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime, and so on) Victor "Shaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm writting a program which takes timestamps in GMT+1 and needs to > convert them to the local time of the local PC the program is run > on.... > ...

Keeps sending multiple times
If I send a large attachment, just to one recipient, Outlook will continue resending it multiple times. I have McAfee anti-virus software installed and it pops up a window warning me that multiple messages are being sent with same subject and this is a potential worm. I mention this in case it is this software that causing the problem. Any help or advice would be very gratefully received. Regards Chris ...