Sending one mail to addresses from Excel file

I have an excel file with email addresses. Periodically I need to send all
of these these people an email, so I need one mail where the 'To' field is
filled with all the email addresses. What is the best way to automate this?
Can I perhaps make a macro in Excel that opens Outlook and creates the mail?
Thanks for any help.
John

0
johnie1 (5)
12/22/2007 9:45:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi John

Do you want to send only text or a file ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

<johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message news:fkimam$28al$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl...
>I have an excel file with email addresses. Periodically I need to send all
> of these these people an email, so I need one mail where the 'To' field is
> filled with all the email addresses. What is the best way to automate this?
> Can I perhaps make a macro in Excel that opens Outlook and creates the mail?
> Thanks for any help.
> John

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/22/2007 12:24:29 PM
It could be only text or text and a file. Though I don't mind adding the
text and file manually.
Thinking about it, some kind of procedure that puts every email address
together, separated by a semi colon, would enable me to past all the
addresses in the mail in one action.
Thanks,
John

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht
> Hi John
>
> Do you want to send only text or a file ?
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message
>>I have an excel file with email addresses. Periodically I need to send all
>>of these these people an email, so I need one mail where the 'To' field is
>>filled with all the email addresses. What is the best way to automate
>>this? Can I perhaps make a macro in Excel that opens Outlook and creates
>>the mail?
>> Thanks for any help.
>> John

0
johnie1 (5)
12/22/2007 12:55:05 PM
Hi John

Use a example from my site and click on the tips link that you find on every page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Try this one for Outlook for only text

Sub Mail_small_Text_Outlook()
' Is working in Office 2000-2007
    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail As Object
    Dim strbody As String
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim strto As String

    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    OutApp.Session.Logon
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

    strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
              "This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
              "This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
              "This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
              "This is line 4"

    On Error Resume Next
    For Each cell In ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") _
        .Range("A1:A10").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
        If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
            strto = strto & cell.Value & ";"
        End If
    Next cell
    On Error GoTo 0
    If Len(strto) > 0 Then strto = Left(strto, Len(strto) - 1)

    On Error Resume Next
    With OutMail
        .To = strto
        .CC = ""
        .BCC = ""
        .Subject = "This is the Subject line"
        .Body = strbody
        .Display   'or use .Send
    End With
    On Error GoTo 0

    Set OutMail = Nothing
    Set OutApp = Nothing
End Sub

--

<johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message news:fkj1f0$2c4u$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl...
> It could be only text or text and a file. Though I don't mind adding the
> text and file manually.
> Thinking about it, some kind of procedure that puts every email address
> together, separated by a semi colon, would enable me to past all the
> addresses in the mail in one action.
> Thanks,
> John
>
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht
>> Hi John
>>
>> Do you want to send only text or a file ?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message
>>>I have an excel file with email addresses. Periodically I need to send all
>>>of these these people an email, so I need one mail where the 'To' field is
>>>filled with all the email addresses. What is the best way to automate
>>>this? Can I perhaps make a macro in Excel that opens Outlook and creates
>>>the mail?
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>> John

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/22/2007 1:26:33 PM
Oops

The mail addresses must be in A1: A10 of a sheet named "Sheet1" in this example

--

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:eFIHM5JRIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi John
>
> Use a example from my site and click on the tips link that you find on every page
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
>

> Try this one for Outlook for only text
>
> Sub Mail_small_Text_Outlook()
> ' Is working in Office 2000-2007
>    Dim OutApp As Object
>    Dim OutMail As Object
>    Dim strbody As String
>    Dim cell As Range
>    Dim strto As String
>
>    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>    OutApp.Session.Logon
>    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
>
>    strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
>              "This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
>              "This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
>              "This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
>              "This is line 4"
>
>    On Error Resume Next
>    For Each cell In ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") _
>        .Range("A1:A10").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
>        If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
>            strto = strto & cell.Value & ";"
>        End If
>    Next cell
>    On Error GoTo 0
>    If Len(strto) > 0 Then strto = Left(strto, Len(strto) - 1)
>
>    On Error Resume Next
>    With OutMail
>        .To = strto
>        .CC = ""
>        .BCC = ""
>        .Subject = "This is the Subject line"
>        .Body = strbody
>        .Display   'or use .Send
>    End With
>    On Error GoTo 0
>
>    Set OutMail = Nothing
>    Set OutApp = Nothing
> End Sub
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message news:fkj1f0$2c4u$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl...
>> It could be only text or text and a file. Though I don't mind adding the
>> text and file manually.
>> Thinking about it, some kind of procedure that puts every email address
>> together, separated by a semi colon, would enable me to past all the
>> addresses in the mail in one action.
>> Thanks,
>> John
>>
>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht
>>> Hi John
>>>
>>> Do you want to send only text or a file ?
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>>

>>> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/22/2007 1:29:23 PM
This works great! Thank you.

Is it possible to alter this routine so that it will capture all email
addresses from A1 to the end of the file (in other words till it encounters
a line where all cells are empty)?

> Oops
>
> The mail addresses must be in A1: A10 of a sheet named "Sheet1" in this
> example
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi John
>>
>> Use a example from my site and click on the tips link that you find on
>> every page
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
>>

>> Try this one for Outlook for only text
>>
>> Sub Mail_small_Text_Outlook()
>> ' Is working in Office 2000-2007
>>    Dim OutApp As Object
>>    Dim OutMail As Object
>>    Dim strbody As String
>>    Dim cell As Range
>>    Dim strto As String
>>
>>    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>>    OutApp.Session.Logon
>>    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
>>
>>    strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
>>              "This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
>>              "This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
>>              "This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
>>              "This is line 4"
>>
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>    For Each cell In ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") _
>>        .Range("A1:A10").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
>>        If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
>>            strto = strto & cell.Value & ";"
>>        End If
>>    Next cell
>>    On Error GoTo 0
>>    If Len(strto) > 0 Then strto = Left(strto, Len(strto) - 1)
>>
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>    With OutMail
>>        .To = strto
>>        .CC = ""
>>        .BCC = ""
>>        .Subject = "This is the Subject line"
>>        .Body = strbody
>>        .Display   'or use .Send
>>    End With
>>    On Error GoTo 0
>>
>>    Set OutMail = Nothing
>>    Set OutApp = Nothing
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message
>>> It could be only text or text and a file. Though I don't mind adding the
>>> text and file manually.
>>> Thinking about it, some kind of procedure that puts every email address
>>> together, separated by a semi colon, would enable me to past all the
>>> addresses in the mail in one action.
>>> Thanks,
>>> John
>>>
>>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht

0
johnie1 (5)
12/22/2007 3:29:21 PM
Hi John

It use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)

It will only loop through all cells with data and test that cell if there is a mail address
You can change A1:A10 to A1:A1000 and it will only loop through the cells with data in it.

--

<johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message news:fkjag8$2f31$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl...
> This works great! Thank you.
>
> Is it possible to alter this routine so that it will capture all email
> addresses from A1 to the end of the file (in other words till it encounters
> a line where all cells are empty)?
>
> John
>
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht
>> Oops
>>
>> The mail addresses must be in A1: A10 of a sheet named "Sheet1" in this
>> example
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hi John
>>>
>>> Use a example from my site and click on the tips link that you find on
>>> every page
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
>>>

>>> Try this one for Outlook for only text
>>>
>>> Sub Mail_small_Text_Outlook()
>>> ' Is working in Office 2000-2007
>>>    Dim OutApp As Object
>>>    Dim OutMail As Object
>>>    Dim strbody As String
>>>    Dim cell As Range
>>>    Dim strto As String
>>>
>>>    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>>>    OutApp.Session.Logon
>>>    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
>>>
>>>    strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
>>>              "This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
>>>              "This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
>>>              "This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
>>>              "This is line 4"
>>>
>>>    On Error Resume Next
>>>    For Each cell In ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") _
>>>        .Range("A1:A10").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
>>>        If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
>>>            strto = strto & cell.Value & ";"
>>>        End If
>>>    Next cell
>>>    On Error GoTo 0
>>>    If Len(strto) > 0 Then strto = Left(strto, Len(strto) - 1)
>>>
>>>    On Error Resume Next
>>>    With OutMail
>>>        .To = strto
>>>        .CC = ""
>>>        .BCC = ""
>>>        .Subject = "This is the Subject line"
>>>        .Body = strbody
>>>        .Display   'or use .Send
>>>    End With
>>>    On Error GoTo 0
>>>
>>>    Set OutMail = Nothing
>>>    Set OutApp = Nothing
>>> End Sub
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>>

>>> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/22/2007 3:49:51 PM
Got it. I thought increasing the range would influence the performance time,
but it doesn't, so this solution is fine.

Thanks again for your help.

> Hi John
>
> It use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
>
> It will only loop through all cells with data and test that cell if there
> is a mail address
> You can change A1:A10 to A1:A1000 and it will only loop through the cells
> with data in it.
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> <johnie@johnie.com> wrote in message
>> This works great! Thank you.
>>
>> Is it possible to alter this routine so that it will capture all email
>> addresses from A1 to the end of the file (in other words till it
>> encounters a line where all cells are empty)?
>>
>> John
>>
>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> schreef in bericht
>>> Oops
>>>
>>> The mail addresses must be in A1: A10 of a sheet named "Sheet1" in this
>>> example
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>>

>>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message

0
johnie1 (5)

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

Free Download of File Conversion Software
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware http://www.cutepdf.com/ Freeware PDF file maker. - Jon Boba Fett wrote: > Free 60-day trial download...

Force logon on one terminal but not for the other
In RMS 2.0, is there a way for Force Logon for one terminal and not another? Before you ask what for, this customer has a till out the front they use for cash sales and out the back they use a PC for entering internet orders - alot of them... one after the other. Thanks for any help. There is no feature for this in RMS. There is no auto-logon period. There are product out there though, that you can purchase and install on only one computer that would make the logon process much faster. For instance we sell a Biometrics program that allows a cashier to login with the touch of a ...

No message in outbox

muliple mailboxes for one user
I do i delete one mailbox with out deleting the other that belongs to one user in Exchange2003? "gvfc" <gvfcfireman@aol.com> wrote: >I do i delete one mailbox with out deleting the other that belongs to >one user in Exchange2003? Well, since a mailbox is defined by a set of properties contained within a user object, it's not possible for the usr to have more than one mailbox. That should make the task a bit easier. :) -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:...

change the colour of the "invert if negative" option in Excel
How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts in Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers) Checking the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option as to what colour to be used Hi, For explanation on how to control invert colour. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm This approach is not possible in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Luci" <Luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03173739-0D7A-4037-8C5...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

notebook file locations
i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of the notebooks have to be open to search the files. edwhicks wrote: > i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated > 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access > and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of > the notebooks have to be open to search the files. The search only works for files whi...

one line of a label
I have created a label that repeats 14 times on one A4 sheet with 5 lines of info but i want one line to be different on each label how canI do this easily any info would be great Create a data base with this particular line. Fill in the label with the four repeating lines add the fifth line as a mail merge object. Help here: Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA61D003-1661-48F9-BB6E-9A9A7B662...

Sending mail from remote location

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

How do I merge two files in Excel?
How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different data? Thanks...Mike Hi you may provide some more details: - data layout - HOW you want to merge them - etc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chem303" <Chem303@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BACC8208-C906-4B80-A3B7-6DFD260C00A4@microsoft.com... > How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different > data? Thanks...Mike ...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Deleting Files in Content.IE5
I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u7SSO97cKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I > just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? > > Thanks, > > Oreally One, why are you still using IE5? Have you started using fire yet? You own a couple fo...

Send Do Not Send

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...