Selecting specific data #2

Hi everyone

I have another little problem.

I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on.

Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20.  I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B.

ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1.

Does this make sense?
--
Thanks in advance for your help

Lee
0
LeeKelly (12)
8/1/2004 10:03:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Lee

Data range in Sheet1 = A1:B20 for example

In Sheet2

A1 : 8
B1 : =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A1:B20,2,FALSE)

It will look for 8 in the first column of the data range and display
the value from the second column (see the number 2 in the formula)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lee Kelly" <LeeKelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3000B7C-5E90-4C85-826F-EC5762C595BD@microsoft.com...
> Hi everyone
>
> I have another little problem.
>
> I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number,
ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on.

> Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20.  I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column
A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B.

> ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1.
>
> Does this make sense?
> --
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Lee

0
rondebruin (3789)

sort alphanumeric data
I have data with mix number of digits and I like to sort them. Somehow, the normal sorting process give me a not so desired result. Can anyone help? A10 B100 A2 AA1 AD200 A1 The result I am looking for is: A1 A2 A10 B2 B100 AD200 I think your example wasn't exactly right' look at the B2 and AA1 entries. But I assume you want to sort like the Excel row and column identifiers; I also assume there will be two alpha characters at most Go to the VB Editor (ALT+F11) Insert>Module Paste these two functions in the code window: Function PartOne(a As String) As String Dim i As Long For ...

Run report on multi selected records.

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

Pivot Table Data
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 006B899F86256E2F_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" I have a file that contains pivot tables along with some buttons and macros to change the way the pivot table looks depending on what type of information that you would like to view. The pivot table is based on data on a separate worksheet but is within the same workbook (separate tabs). If I change my data source (i.e. I change the names of individuals to new names) and refresh my pivot table, the information changes like I want it to. However, if I de...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

UK Fantasy Football Player Data?
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get hold of excel spreadsheets with player data for the forth coming UK Fantasy Football season? -- Rich http://www.ukfantasyfootball.info ...

2.0 : fastest read-only forward-only loading method
In 2.0 what is the fastest way to iterate through an element set in a read-only forward-only XMLDocument ? For example , load the key/value pairs in the following xml doc into a hashtable : <Mappings> <Mapping MappingKey="AL" MappingValue="Alabama" /> <Mapping MappingKey="CA" MappingValue="Alabama" /> </Mappings> John A Grandy wrote: > In 2.0 what is the fastest way to iterate through an element set in a > read-only forward-only XMLDocument ? Create an XmlReader and read out the nodes you are looking for...

Data Type Problem
Hi Experts In VC++, the maximum range for data type is 10 bytes which is the range for long double __int64 has 8 bytes range. Is there any data type which has range more than 10 bytes? Is there any data type which has range 16 bytes If not supported, then can i create my own data type which range should be more than 10 bytes? if yes then please reply thanks If you need to play with huge sections of numbers, you can always use a unsigned char array, and use bit shifting backwards and forwards for calculation (complex). Otherwise, for numbers there are other string ba...

Select contact then hangs

NTFS file meta data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CAFF1D.F88487D0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How can I set the From, Subject, To properties of Outlook MSG files to display in a manner as EML files? I have folders of thousands of these files and would love to create a batch processors to do this. TIA Russ ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CAFF1D.F88487D0 Content-Type: image/png; name="Capture.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Conte...

Exporting Specification sets in FRX
I'm attempting to export my FRX 6.5 specification sets and am having issues. When I attempt to export any .F32, it shows that there are no Catalogs in the file. I've tried just about every .F32 file on my server and haven't found my reports. Am I going about this process wrong? I'm just going in to FRX, clicking on company and going to specification sets. Then I set the location text box to the proper F32 file. Any clues would be much appreciated! Jeff, I'm not sure if you can't find a report to export, or if once you export the file, you can't find it to imp...

Data from multiple sheets and workbooks
Each week I receive a workbook from one of my customers. It contains mutliple sheets with salesnumbers from all the branch of my customer. Each sheet contains from 1 000 to 15 000 lines of salesdata. Every article sold gets one line in the sheets. Each workbook are named "weeknr.xls" and are stored in the same folder. Now my question/problem. I need to gather all sales info for one branch on one article from all the weeks. I know how to get the data from one workbook to another, but how do I get it to scan all the workbooks in the folder. Any ideas. Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolder...

MAPI Spooler error #2
hello: i am having a problem with sending e-mails with my outlook 2000. for some reason the outbox does not seem to send a few e-mails since yesterday. when i click on the selected e-mail it says "can't open this item. the mapi spooler has already begun transmitting this message" all my email settings and internet connection are fine. i also tried to repair the office using the installation cd, but the problem did not go away. the e-mails are being received by people, but the they still appear in my outbox as never being sent? it looks like the spooler grabed the...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Graphing only some of the data?
I have a spreadsheet with groups of repeating rows and cells that look something like this 1AA 1AB 1A 1BA 2BB 2B 1CA 1CB 1C 2AA 2AB 2A 2BA 2BB 2B 2CA 2CB 2C The rows/cells beginning with "1" make up one batch of data. The rows/cells beginning with "2" make up another. I add a new batch every week. I want to create a graph that captures only 1CC, 2CC, 3CC, 4CC, etc. There are always the same numbers of rows between the cells. I've thought about capturing 1CC, 2CC, 3CC, etc in a list in another area of the spreadsheet and graphing that list, but I don't ...

select text in Calendar

Can I add Java Data types in Microsoft Visio?
I want to design a UML diagram of a java application. Can i add Java data types in Microsoft Visio 2003? ...

Money 2004/05
I have recently purchased a new computer and installed Money onto the new computer (Money version says Copyright 2004, but I think it is 2005 version). I have then simply copied across the data files My Money Backup (Microsoft Money backup File) and my money backup2 (Microsoft Money file) to the new computer...For some reason I just cannot get Money to open the data files on the new computer. When I try to open the Money file, I receive the following message; "Money will convert your file so that you can work with it in Money. First, Money will make a copy of your original file, ...

Failure to connect to specific mail server
Hi All, We are running Exchange 2003 under SBS 2003 Prem. One of my users is having consistent problems sending email to a server, and it *appears* that the destination server is saying that our exchange server is using an incorrect syntax when transferring the email. I believe that this is not correct - we don't have the issue in general, but I would also like to get a second opinion from someone here who might know more than I do about email. The email domain is: bmw.co.nz Their mail server: smtp.bmw.co.nz Error: The server claims that the email address of the recipient is in...

Link select with a blast

Custom Data on Receipts
Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible, but does anyone know of a way to display data from a custom table on a receipt? Thanks dave The custom data would need to be set to the Session.Variable(1-10) before PrintReceipt Hook is called. You can use a DLL addon to set your custom data. You need to be careful that no other addon is using the same variables. If the data is static then you can just modify the receipt and hard code the information into the body. Rob "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261BCAF0-E737-48CB-B46B-100E00A0AA00@microso...

Data Migration Manager apparently does not have correct Mappings for BCM 2007 Data
I have been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time to migrate BCM 2007 data to CRM 4.0 via the Data Migration Manager using the existing mapping for BCM 2007. However, once I am in there, I have to re-map all data, and even after that, I am unable to successfully import the data. Has anyone had the same issue, and if so, is there a different mapping I should be using? Thanks. what are the failure errors are you getting? are you mapping any data to a lookup field? it is usually a data related issues! -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com jdmic...