selecting print area via inputbox

I am trying to do something that seems quite simple, yet I can't get it
to work. I am using the following code to get the print range from the
user. Sometimes it works, and other times  nothing happens, depending
upon the range that is selected. Any ideas?

Sub SelectPrintRange()
Dim rRange As Range

    On Error Resume Next
        Application.DisplayAlerts = False
            Set rRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _
                "Please use your mouse to select a select a range to be
printed.", _
                    Title:="SPECIFY RANGE", Type:=8)
    On Error GoTo 0
        Application.DisplayAlerts = True

        If rRange Is Nothing Then
            Exit Sub
        Else
            ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = rRange.Address
            ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
        End If

End Sub

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mary

There is a bug in Application.InputBox I found a few months back
JKP have documentation on his site
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/SelectARange.asp

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mary" <mmcgillivray@msn.com> wrote in message news:1155337061.909787.294090@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I am trying to do something that seems quite simple, yet I can't get it
> to work. I am using the following code to get the print range from the
> user. Sometimes it works, and other times  nothing happens, depending
> upon the range that is selected. Any ideas?
>
> Sub SelectPrintRange()
> Dim rRange As Range
>
>    On Error Resume Next
>        Application.DisplayAlerts = False
>            Set rRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _
>                "Please use your mouse to select a select a range to be
> printed.", _
>                    Title:="SPECIFY RANGE", Type:=8)
>    On Error GoTo 0
>        Application.DisplayAlerts = True
>
>        If rRange Is Nothing Then
>            Exit Sub
>        Else
>            ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = rRange.Address
>            ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
>        End If
>
> End Sub

0
rondebruin (3789)

print preview #5
Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview though all grid lines get printed when I print. Wondering why that happens? VBA Starter Do you have a coloured fill. If you do gridlines will not show -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "vbastarter" <vbastarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64FFB855-8238-4669-9ABB-9500451DE3F4@microsoft.com... > Hi For some of excel data the grid lines disappear in print preview > though > all grid lines get printed when I ...

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Cost of printing a booklet
UK based. Does anyone know an approx cost to get approx 50 page booklet (paperback) published/printed for self use. It would be equivelent to a half size A4 sheet. It would not be elaborate maybe just a reasonable quality picture on the cover and back doesnt have to be glossy. Inside black print only no pictures. thanks There are commercial sites in the UK that will give you a quote, for example: http://www.b2bindex.co.uk/index/Listings/18/page/7/ A Google search http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=uk+commercial+printers&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&a...

Printing #4
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, we have a printer and 4 PC's who are connecting to the printer. One of the PC's has the version 2004 and the other have the version 2008. All the PC's with version 2008 can print of all the printertrays and the pc with version 2004 can only print out tray 3. This is an office problem, because with that pc we can print out all of the tray's when we are using mail/Daylite instead of word/excel. Do someone knows what the problem is? Thanks, Maja The blame for Printing issues of this nature rarely rests with the progr...

Select contact then hangs

Printing sheet to fit paper
I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal pages. Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste paper? Print Preview. Howard Brazee wrote: > I waste a lot of paper trying to print an Excel 2000 sheet on a piece of paper. > > > I don't mind multiple vertical pages, but I can't stand multiple horizontal > pages. > > Is there any trick I can use to find out if my document can fit so I don't waste &...

Selecting rows from various sheets

can't print in publisher
Whenever I try to print a project, my printer's out of paper light flashes even though I have paper in place. Only happens with publisher, and not in Word, xcel, or any other application? I have tinkered with settings but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks group. Bob Try updating your printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob" <brokerbob51@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:kLT9e.1197$fw2.359@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... > Whenever I try to print a project, my printer's out of paper light flashes > even though I...

select text in Calendar

Accessing SQL Server via MFC & ADO
Hello, I currently have two MFC applications that are accessing SQL Server via ADO. Everything works perfectly (it connects to SQL Server and runs the stored procedures and all), the only issue that I seem to be having is that everytime I rebuild and run the application, my firewall comes up saying that my apps need to connect to the net. There is no networking code in either of these apps, so I am guessing that somehow this is caused by me connecting to SQL Server? The server I am connecting to is local (on my machine), and will be local during deployment. My question is, how do I ge...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Why won't my text shadows show up when I print?
I'm using PPT 2007 and I have placed a drop shadow on some of my text. I can see it in the PPT file and when I view in slide show mode, but when I print to my printer or Acrobat to make a PDF, the shadows don't show up? Any ideas on why this is happening? Go to Office Button | PPT Options and check the option for High Quality Printing. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx ...

Select Records based another table...

Changing Area Codes
Is there an easy way to change area codes for a large number of contacts in MSO? Our local area code has changed, and I'd like to update my contact information, especially so I can use my phone dialer effectively. Check out http://www.slovaktech.com/phonechanger.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "kvhhed" <kvhhed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41c801c35610$67e06310$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change area codes...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

Print 1 page
Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP Having just migrated to Outlook 2007, I am still looking for some of the features. What I cannot seem to find is how to print just "page 1" or "selected text" from an open email. The only option I seem to have is to "print" which gives me the entire email. Sometimes that's more than I really need. I only need page 1. Anyone know where that option is hiding?? "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eW8chxKgJHA.564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP > > Hav...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

macro: sort list, then print w/out blank rows
Hi, i have been trying to write a macro (see below) that can do th following: 1. Sort a list based on two columns. 2. Print the list including header row. I have encountered the following problems: 1. The first column by which I sort is sorted in Ascending order. I a sorting a selected range (see below). This resulted in those rows i that range that were left blank to come up first. I want to ignor those rows. 2. When I let the macro print the range, it prints the whole range What do I do to have only those rows printed that are non-blank? Range("A6:F10005").Select Selection.S...