Selecting every 3rd row ???

I have multiple consecutive rows that get information from every third row
earlier in the spread sheet, is there a way to reference my 2nd row to the
first row in a formula.

Example:

I have information in Column A Rows 1,4,7,10,13, ect......
I want row 300 to look @ A - Row 1, 301 @ 4, 302 @ 7, ect....

In A300 (=A1)
In A301 can I add a function referencing (=A1+3) in any way so that it would
add 3 to the reference cell A301 looks at to give the value of (=A4).

0
larry9929 (21)
3/17/2005 11:17:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try...

A300, copied down:

=OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-ROW($A$300)+1)*3-3,0)

Hope this helps!

In article <113k3vgmrcgsoec@corp.supernews.com>,
 "Larry" <larry@lkfire.com> wrote:

> I have multiple consecutive rows that get information from every third row
> earlier in the spread sheet, is there a way to reference my 2nd row to the
> first row in a formula.
>
> Example:
>
> I have information in Column A Rows 1,4,7,10,13, ect......
> I want row 300 to look @ A - Row 1, 301 @ 4, 302 @ 7, ect....
>
> In A300 (=A1)
> In A301 can I add a function referencing (=A1+3) in any way so that it would
> add 3 to the reference cell A301 looks at to give the value of (=A4).

0
domenic22 (716)

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Range vs. lowest #, 2nd lowest #, 3rd lowest #, etc
I have a range of numbers that span from A1-E1. I would like for F1 to show the lowest number in the span (min), G1 to show the 2nd lowest number, H1 to show the 3rd lowest, etc. TFTH, Jay =SMALL($A$1:$E$1,COLUMN(A1)) and copy across -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jwebb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5df701c524a3$1a6764e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a range of numbers that span from A1-E1. I would > like for F1 to show the lowest number in the span (min), > G1 to show the 2nd lowest numb...

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Triggering an event in Windows service every 1 hour.
Hello, I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing list every 1 hour. How do I program so that the mail event automatically triggers every 1 hour. (If I use timer and the service starts at odd 12:33, then it will fire event at 1:33, 2:33... . But, I want it it fires at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 irrespective of when it starts.) How do I do this? hi Biranchi, On 21.02.2010 16:43, Biranchi Narayan Panda wrote: > I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing > list every 1 hour. > > How do I program so that the...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

inserting rows #7
is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command? like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,.... thanks Ankur, Insert a new column, and use the formula: =ROW() and copy to match your table. Then below your table, in the same column, insert a 1 in the first cell (or the number of your lowest numbered odd row in your table), then below that the formula =??+2 where you replace the ?? with the cell address of the cell with the 1. Then copy down that formula until a number matches your highest row number. Then copy that column, and pastespecial valu...

macro: sort list, then print w/out blank rows
Hi, i have been trying to write a macro (see below) that can do th following: 1. Sort a list based on two columns. 2. Print the list including header row. I have encountered the following problems: 1. The first column by which I sort is sorted in Ascending order. I a sorting a selected range (see below). This resulted in those rows i that range that were left blank to come up first. I want to ignor those rows. 2. When I let the macro print the range, it prints the whole range What do I do to have only those rows printed that are non-blank? Range("A6:F10005").Select Selection.S...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

totaling rows
New at this hope this makes sense: I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant column. What formula would add the numbers in each of the demographics and insure that the different ranges equal each other and the total participants for each row. Thanks, Mel "Mel" wrote: > New at this hope this makes sense: > > I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate > race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant colu...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

set a variable to value in a select statement
I know how to do this: SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) But is it possible to do soemthing like this without 2 separate SET statements?: SET @total, @tipstotal = (SELECT SUM(Salary), SUM(Tips) FROM Employee) If so, how? SELECT @total = SUM(Salary), @tipstotal = SUM(Tips) FROM Employee Tom "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:utAHRun$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know how to do this: > > SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) > > But is it possible to do soemthing like this with...