Selecting a range relative to ActiveCell, copy it to second Workshett within Workbook

This works through "ActiveCell.Offset(0, -8).Activate" but then doesn't.

Any help appreciated.

Sub SortforMember()

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("I1").Select
    Worksheets("Sheet2").Activate
    Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("a2").Select

Do Until Cell = "Null"

   Sheet1.Activate
   ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate

     If ActiveCell = "Yes" Then

      ActiveCell.Offset(0, -8).Activate
     Range(Cells(1, 1), End(x1ToRight)).Copy _
    destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range(Cells(0, 0), Cells(0, 9))

        Sheet2.Activate
        ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate

     End If

     If ActiveCell = "No" Then
        Sheet2.Activate
        ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Activate
   End If

   Loop

End Sub
0
melregnez (1)
7/31/2006 2:12:11 AM
excel 39880 articles. 0 followers. Follow

x1ToRight is xltoright (you have a 1 (one) instead of an L (ell).

But you have some other problems, too.

You may want to describe what you're doing.  There are better ways than
depending on .selects and .activates and the activecell.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Function to multiple ranges
Which function may be used with multiple ranges? Commonly used "lookups", "index" and "match" don't seem to work. Is there a trick in multiple ranges? Tomek Polak Some functions work, others don't. INDEX has a 4th argument that allows you to specify the area (which of the multiple ranges). The lookup and match functions require a single contiguous block of cells. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:19:08 +0100, "Tomek" <tpolak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Which function may be used with multiple ranges? > >Commonly used "lookups",...

How do I disable the workbook close method
If I have multiple workbooks open, how can I programmatically prevent the users from using the close button (or file option) to close the workbook? I need that all to be done through my code. Is this possible? ~Jenny Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Not MyClose Then Cancel = True Endif End Sub The myClose variable should be a global Boolean, which you set to True in your code. This code goes in the Thisworkbook code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

My copy of MS-Publisher is not working
My company(Warner Brothers Publications) purchased MS- Publisher 2000 for Servers but I do not have the software. It seems that a few years ago it was downloaded to our server by the people that were here before my time and even though I have the product Key for it, I do not have the software and I need to install it on two users that have new computers and used to have it and need it for their everyday work. How or who do I contact in Microsoft since this is a product that we own. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Gerry Lora <gerry.lora@wa...

Copying a formula to another page
Hello, I am a new user to Excel. I am working with a spreadsheet that and I want to pull the formula for one spreadsheet to another. What are the procedures for copying the formula. Thanks, Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I am a new user to Excel. I am working with a spreadsheet >that and I want to pull the formula for one spreadsheet to >another. What are the procedures for copying the formula. > >Thanks, >Lisa >. > Lisa, Try entering the tab name of the sheet from which you want to copy the formula from in a cell in the sheet you want ...

x-axis range
How do I get the x-axis to be a range of "values" instead of "categories"? I am trying to do a line chart with values over a % range, but I do not have values evenly spaced over the entire range (The chart is asymptotic and I only need to see values from 0 to 40 or so) e.g.: X Y 0.5% 28.8% 1% 44.8% 2% 62.2% 5% 80.9% 10% 89.9% 15% 93.4% 20% 95.3% 35% 97.7% I get the X axis evenly spaced in 8 categories. Seems like older versions of Excel (I am using Office XP/2002) allowed me to set the range and divisions within the range. How do I handle this now? ...

Link select with a blast

How do I add different ranges in a column together?
I have a large column of numbers and need to select random numbers that I need to total. Rather than adidng one cell at a time. How do I add multiple ranges within the column together? Thank you If they're ranges (as in groups of consecutive cells) you can use SUM, as in =sum(a1:a5,a20:a43, ... ). If they're cells that are selected based on the value of some other cell in the same row, you can use sumif: =sumif(b:b,"Selection",a:a) would add the values in column A of the rows where column B is equal to "Selection". If it's really pretty random, I'...

Stop named ranges being copied
I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. But I do not want to copy the named ranges associated with the first workbook to the second. How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. >>How do I prevent named ranges being copied when I move sheets. You can't. A named range is just as much a part of a sheet as anything else. Delete the name(s) after you copy a sheet. -- Jim <bmatheson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183722346.818571.213860@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another. > >...

Copying Messages
I recently lost my hard drive on my laptop but fortunately I had a full backup. I have now completely reformatted my drive, reloaded all of my applications and am starting all over again. My question is how do I go into my backup information and copy my e-mail messages (NOT the address book - I know how to do that)from my backup data into my new Outlook Express application? I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks for any assistance you might give. J. Kemp This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) sup...

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

How to freeze a range in excel 2003and 2007
I want to freeze a group of cells in excel 2007 but when I click on the freeze panes, top row or first column: nothing happens- I mean it scrolls up and down. Also is there anyway I can print an excel worksheet which is several pages long and still have the headings (which is in say the first 3 rows ie A1 - E1 down to A3 - E3) printed on each page? Lets say the headings are on only page 1 but i want it to be on page 2,3,4 to the last page when printed. Can freezing do that? Thanks. Hi In order the Freeze Panes, your cursor needs to be one cell below, and one cell the the right of the Row an...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

excel to powerpoint- misalignment of ranges
I have an excel charts which i then paste on powerpoint using the code from Jon Peltier's website. On most charts this works terrific. On some of my charts, in excel I previously copyied a range and pasted it inside the chart. When these charts are pasted into powerpoint the segment which was pasted as a range, becomes misaligned and slides to the left. any solutions would be appreicated. thks ken ...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Copy Shortcut
Hello, I have the following code which works fine to copy files: Dim SourceFile, DestinationFile, Username SourceFile = "\\[MyServer]\[MyFolder]\[MyFileName].[extension]" DestinationFile = "c:\Temp\[MyFileName].[extension]" FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile However I want to copy a Windows shortcut file and this doesnt have an extension so when I run this it states it can't find the file however the shortcut is there. Can anyone help on this? I have tried to find a extension for shortcuts but there doesnt seem to be one? Many thanks in ad...