Select items from list and show in text box

I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have
them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button).
Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea
about Visual Basic and macros don't work?

Thanks in advance

Jeanette

0
rosscojet (1)
3/29/2007 4:20:07 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can create a dropdown list with data validation:

Or, create a combobox on a UserForm:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Query-based list w/1 Exception
I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10. Is there a way? (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox") Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the following to the query: (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution group)) Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Nudging Text Boxes in a Chart
Has anyone found a way to "nudge" data labels in a PPT chart? I know I can move them by clicking and dragging but when I try to use the arrow keys (as I do for objects) the cursor tabs to other areas in the chart. And when clicking and dragging the labels they seem to snap to a grid and I have very limited control over them. Thanks for any insights!! -- Trisha H No one has to "find a way", there are already several standard ways to accomplish that. :o) Turn off the "Snap Objects to Grid" (in 2003 View, Grid and Guides) or in that same loca...

select text in Calendar

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

sent items missing from inbox
When I reply to an item in my inbox, it disappears from the inbox. I can retrieve it from my sent items, but it no longer exists in the inbox. This is a new development. Any thoughts? Check your view settings - sounds like you're set to view only unread mail. Debra Vinikour wrote: > When I reply to an item in my inbox, it disappears from > the inbox. I can retrieve it from my sent items, but it > no longer exists in the inbox. This is a new > development. Any thoughts? Check your views on the inbox to ensure it is not set to Unread Items. (HINT - Best to enable t...

Creating an lookup price-list
I am trying to build a lookup list in excel but unable to decide how to proceede ? Let me try to illustrate the problem here: I have a price-list workbook which has data like below: Header Row -> Name Brand Packing Price Data Row 1 -> Horlicks Nestle 500 g $10.00 Data Row 2 -> Britannia Nestle 500 g $3.99 Data Row 3 -> Taj Mahal ITC 250 g $7.78 Data Row 4 -> Seaking Grasim 100 ml $4.23 I want to create another worksheet where users can select Names from a dropdown and automaticall the brand, packaging and price column would be filled. Basically the i...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

Apply Rule -- Workflow Process list has missing items
Hi, I was working at applying rules manually. I used to have 3 rules to choose from. Then I had 2, then 1, and now 2 again. The 3 rules exist and have been activated the entire time. The only thing I may have done is refresh (F5) the form while the rule was running. Now it is does not have the entire list of 3 rules to choose from on this item (Order). On all other orders, the list contains 3, but only 2 for this one. Anyone have ANY insight on this behaviour?? I have seen this behaviour once before. I ended up recreating the item (it was a Case, but this time it is an Order). ...

Link select with a blast

Messages not reflecting in 'Sent Items'
Why is it that when you submit a query or form or whatever to a site which provides for that kind of correspondence, a copy of your e-mail message to them doesn't appear in your own 'Sent Items'. If it doesn't reflect there, how do you know if you've sent it? -- Anne100 Because you're not using Outlook to send the message. I make the assumption that you're visiting a web site with something like a "Contact Us" form that generates an email message to the site owner. Such a form lives on the web site and is filled out on the web site. The email me...

Sheets not showing
Hi there, I have an Excel file that comes from a client and I have to import into my MS Access database. The spreadsheet shows 5 sheets on it with simples data and only one picture on the 5th sheet, according to the menu, there is nothing hidden. These are my sheets: - Legend - Studio Usage - Studio Usage Calc background - Summary - Price Assembly When I open the file thru Access and try to read it, it says that there are 10 sheets on the file, the 5 above and 5 more: - March chargeable services - no charge services - Sheet2 - Sheet3 - Sheet4 Thru Access I can read them, write on them...

Why won't my text shadows show up when I print?
I'm using PPT 2007 and I have placed a drop shadow on some of my text. I can see it in the PPT file and when I view in slide show mode, but when I print to my printer or Acrobat to make a PDF, the shadows don't show up? Any ideas on why this is happening? Go to Office Button | PPT Options and check the option for High Quality Printing. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx ...

how to i creat page with text "this page is intended to be blank"
I want to make the page with taxe " this page is intended to be blank" but when I print this page, i want it blank, pls help me and, I have an document with some section, i want some section with setting difference odd and even page in page settup, but it not work, how to do See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/InsEvnPgEndChap.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FFE0A4-7805-43A6-B458-5161DBBF0ABF@microsoft.com....