Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?

I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
how?

(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)

Many thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 3:25:46 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a
worksheet.

Copy the picture.

Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.

Save as a jpg

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>how?
>
>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>
>Many thanks.

0
Gord
8/19/2009 3:40:57 AM
"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote

> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
> pre-selected range on a
> worksheet.

1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.

2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
including the headers and footers?

Many thanks.

============================

> Copy the picture.
>
> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>
> Save as a jpg
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>how?
>>
>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>how
>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>
>>Many thanks.

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 5:51:44 AM
Another option is to do print screens then edit the image in any photo
editor and save as a jpg file or whatever image format your photo editor has
available.

When you do a print screen the screen image is copied to the clipboard. You
open your photo editor and then paste the clipboard image into the editor.

I used to do this a lot with MS Photo Editor (until I got something better,
SnagIt).

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message

> I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a
> worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me how?
>
> (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who
> cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but
> who can open jpg files.)
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> ----------
> CWLee
> Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
> cows.  Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
> promote for performance, not preferences.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/19/2009 6:16:39 AM
I use MWsnap a free download for screen capture.

"T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Another option is to do print screens then edit the image in any photo
> editor and save as a jpg file or whatever image format your photo editor
> has available.
>
> When you do a print screen the screen image is copied to the clipboard.
> You open your photo editor and then paste the clipboard image into the
> editor.
>
> I used to do this a lot with MS Photo Editor (until I got something
> better, SnagIt).
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a
>> worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me how?
>>
>> (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who
>> cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but
>> who can open jpg files.)
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> --
>> ----------
>> CWLee
>> Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
>> cows.  Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
>> promote for performance, not preferences.

0
nonense50 (76)
8/19/2009 7:41:41 AM
Hi,
FYI
Using Excel 2007 you can create (print) a pdf file and send that instead.

John

"CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message news:ugHF6EJIKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>
>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>> pre-selected range on a
>> worksheet.
>
> 1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
> both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>
> 2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
> including the headers and footers?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> ============================
>

>> Copy the picture.
>>
>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>
>> Save as a jpg
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>>how?
>>>
>>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>>how
>>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>>
>>>Many thanks.

0
me5306 (285)
8/19/2009 1:16:39 PM
The Camera Tool can be found under Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way.

Alternative............select a range and SHIFT + Edit>Copy Picture.

Headers and Footers will not be included.

Creating a PDF as others have suggested is also an option.

Gord

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:51:44 -0700, "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>
>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>> pre-selected range on a
>> worksheet.
>
>1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
>both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>
>2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
>including the headers and footers?
>
>Many thanks.
>
>============================
>

>> Copy the picture.
>>
>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>
>> Save as a jpg
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>>how?
>>>
>>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>>how
>>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>>
>>>Many thanks.

0
Gord
8/19/2009 1:36:18 PM
Thanks.  I found the camera tool, but couldn't get it to
work for me.  However, I discovered that I could select
cells, save them, and then paste them into Paint, and then
save that as a jpg file.  That seems to work for me, but I
still wish there was a way to capture the headers and
footers too.

Thanks again, to all of you who have responded to my
inquiry.

=======================

> The Camera Tool can be found under
> Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools
>
> Scroll down about 2/3 of the way.
>
> Alternative............select a range and SHIFT +
> Edit>Copy Picture.
>
> Headers and Footers will not be included.
>
> Creating a PDF as others have suggested is also an option.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:51:44 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>>
>>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>>> pre-selected range on a
>>> worksheet.
>>
>>1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
>>both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>>
>>2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
>>including the headers and footers?
>>
>>Many thanks.
>>
>>============================
>>

>>> Copy the picture.
>>>
>>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>>
>>> Save as a jpg
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>>
>>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 5:49:00 PM
Get SnagIT from Techsmith (about $30). It is by far the very best
screen image capture program ever written.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
<cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote:

>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>how?
>
>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>
>Many thanks.
0
chip1 (1821)
8/19/2009 9:49:20 PM
A free program is Snippy available at http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/

It will make free form or rectangular copies.

Eric

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> Get SnagIT from Techsmith (about $30). It is by far the very best
> screen image capture program ever written.
>
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
>    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> (email on web site)
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
>

>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>how?
>>
>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>
>>Many thanks.

0
ericNOSPAM (46)

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Duplicate files
I am getting duplicate transactions in my bank accounts. I will create checks or download info from my bank. The next time I open money 2004 I will have duplicate transactions. This happens 3 or 4 times for every transaction. They will not delete either. I have to mark them as void to just find out what my balance really is. When I balance an account, it doesn't even recognize these transactions as being there, but it does show them. If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear how you fixed it or do I have some new virus? In microsoft.public.money, Frank G wrote: ...

CArchive for reading binary files
Hello all, My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using CFile independently? The files are supplied by an external application and could have a large size (say larger than a 100 megs). My application just has to read from them and process the data. TIA Adeel Adeel wrote: > Hello all, > > My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated > with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using > CFile independently? > > The files ar...

Error on opening file from taskbar
I am using Excel 2007 with Windows 7 on a ThinkPad X61. When I right-click the Excel icon on the TaskBar, and then click on any spreadsheet shown in the list I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program." The same error happens if I click on the same file from a folder view although I can easily open it via the Excel menus. As I really like this feature of Windows 7, it's a real annoyance. -- Richard I Morris Jr I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I suppose it's worth a try: In Excel 2007, click the Office Button ...

Where is the "File" menu?
Hello, I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a header so I see these rows at the top of every page. So I google for instructions, and got many hits. One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup menu. Like this: File>Page setup But I don't even see the File menu. How can I get the File menu to be visble? -- Best regards Roberto You are looking at instructions for an older version of Excel than you have. Microsoft got rid of the menu bar in Excel 2007 and replaced it with the Ribbon... you w...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

PST Files #5
I have a freind who uses outlook 2000. He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file. He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download more email. But the second he double clicks on an email to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window error message say... dangerously low on system resources. He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram. Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago. No idea what ...

Hiding worksheets
Someone on one of these NGs was asking recently how to prevent co-workers from seeing worksheets. I've just discovered (and it wasn't mentioned at the time) that it is possible in Excel to hide worksheets. It's not guaranteed that someone with sufficient knowledge will not come along and unhide the worksheet but it does put it out of sight. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions I hope whoever was asking spots this post. "Bill Ridgeway" wrote: > Someone on one of these NGs was asking recently how to prevent co-workers > from seeing worksheets. I...

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

Importing accounts and transaction etc. from one money file to another
Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from one money file to another? My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of it. When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file. However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file because it has only been protected by a single password (like i earlier version of money). Now ...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Money File on Network
I have a wireless network and I have M2005 deluxe on my home computer and M2005 basic on my laptop. When I try to open the money file on my desktop computer from my laptop computer, it will not let me open the file. It says that it is read only and cannot be opened. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? Thank You Make sure with, say, notepad, that you can save a file in the same shared folder from the client. There are lots of possibilities here. Many of them have nothing to do with Money. One other possibility comes to mind: are both machines at the same Money versi...

Open workbook to specific worksheet
Is there a way to have a workbook open to a certain worksheet regardless of which worksheet was active when the file was saved and clsoed? Example: Worksheets in workbook - data, budget, analysis, comments Saved and closed with data worksheet active On open have budget worksheet active Thanks Dave, you could put some code in the workbook open event like this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("budget").Select End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this...

Question about how VB6 uses dependincy files
I seem to remember a discussion here about putting ocx and other files in the program folder instead of in the system folder and that the vb program would find them there. I was not able to find what I was looking for so thought that I would ask the experts here, to go over it again. I tried this once and it did not work and I moved the dependent files to the system folder, but I may have been trying to do it wrong. :-) Not unusual for me. 1) For instance if I put the sqlite dll in the program folder will the vb program look for it there first? If so will it load it for db use a...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

How to recover data from OL2003 OST file when Exchange Server is no longer available
Hello After Exchange Server (in Windows Small Business Server 2003) is no longer available, I still have an OST file (created in OL 2003), just under 2 GB in size. Can one recover the data from this OST file? Thanks, David Yes, you can get the data out of it. Do you still have the exchange profile or very recently deleted it? if so, it's a matter of moving the stuff to a pst. If not, you need a tool - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp and http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp for tools that you can use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

Consolidation of Data from more than one worksheet file
I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do not want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not comfortable for that. Satya Nanduri Let's get the nomenclature down first a file is a workbook a worksheet or tab or sheet is the worksheet in the file. You need so specify the workbook(s) and also the worksheet(s) within each workbook. for each wb in workbooks worksheets("sourcesheetnamehere").copy somewhere next wb -- Don Guille...

Sending a file from the explorer
When I do a right click with my mouse on a file in the explorer, I can send it by mail. In farmer times using Outlook Express, this file was directly sended. Now I have to open my Outlook 2003 and I find the file in my drafts folder but not really send automatically. What can I do? Dumb question, but are you clicking the Send button on the message that appears? It would appear in Drafts only if you created the message but closed it without sending it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers...

pst file to Lotus Notes
We will be connecting to our Corporate office over a WAN. We are currently using Exchange Server locally. The Corporate office is using Lotus Notes. We will be using new computers with Lotus Notes installed, Outlook not installed. How can we incorporate our outlook pst file into Lotus Notes? If there is a way to do this, are there instructions available? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ...

Cannot delete files in my local folders
Can anyone help ...

how do I make a 4 page brochure from8 separate existing files?
I have 8 pages for a flier but I can't figure out how to get them to print sequentially and back to back. They are all Publisher files created separately. Seems easy but i am wasting alot of time trying to get it to work. Right now I am having to print each one separately, run them back through to print another page on the back, etc. Can anyone help? Insert choices are only for blank pages???? What size are the flyers? If they are letter size, In page setup, select booklet. If you have a large format printer, setup the printer first for tabloid (11 x 17). Open your flyer public...

Not able to save changes to system settings
I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not able to save any changes to the system settings. I have SA right. Any idea? Thanks. This is normally caused by a incorrect SQL Reporting Services setup. Check that your SRS Server is working, check that srs's url is well configured at deployment manager. And if it doesn't solve the problem you should read this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916159/en-us -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "HEC" wrote: > I have 3.0 with sample data. My issue is that I'm not abl...

Save Mword Macro?
How do I get a Microsoft Word macro to save for future use in other documents? -- Losse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24813 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386529 I realize this is normally an Excel forum, but can anyone help me wit this basic bit of information for Word -- Loss ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Losse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

save changes
How can I get excel to stop asking me to save changes when i didn't make any changes? ver 2003 thanks If the workbook you opened was created in an earlier version of Excel you will get the "save changes" message. Save as 2003 version. You will also get the message if you have used any volatile function(s) in your workbook. Could be a NOW() or TODAY() List of volatile functions........ AREAS() OFFSET() CELL() INDIRECT() NOW() TODAY() RAND() Any one or more of these would cause the workbook changes. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:41:54 -0...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...