Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?

I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
how?

(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)

Many thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 3:25:46 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a
worksheet.

Copy the picture.

Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.

Save as a jpg

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>how?
>
>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>
>Many thanks.

0
Gord
8/19/2009 3:40:57 AM
"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote

> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
> pre-selected range on a
> worksheet.

1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.

2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
including the headers and footers?

Many thanks.

============================

> Copy the picture.
>
> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>
> Save as a jpg
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>how?
>>
>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>how
>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>
>>Many thanks.

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 5:51:44 AM
Another option is to do print screens then edit the image in any photo
editor and save as a jpg file or whatever image format your photo editor has
available.

When you do a print screen the screen image is copied to the clipboard. You
open your photo editor and then paste the clipboard image into the editor.

I used to do this a lot with MS Photo Editor (until I got something better,
SnagIt).

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message

> I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a
> worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me how?
>
> (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who
> cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but
> who can open jpg files.)
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> ----------
> CWLee
> Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
> cows.  Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
> promote for performance, not preferences.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/19/2009 6:16:39 AM
I use MWsnap a free download for screen capture.

"T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Another option is to do print screens then edit the image in any photo
> editor and save as a jpg file or whatever image format your photo editor
> has available.
>
> When you do a print screen the screen image is copied to the clipboard.
> You open your photo editor and then paste the clipboard image into the
> editor.
>
> I used to do this a lot with MS Photo Editor (until I got something
> better, SnagIt).
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a
>> worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me how?
>>
>> (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who
>> cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but
>> who can open jpg files.)
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> --
>> ----------
>> CWLee
>> Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
>> cows.  Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
>> promote for performance, not preferences.

0
nonense50 (76)
8/19/2009 7:41:41 AM
Hi,
FYI
Using Excel 2007 you can create (print) a pdf file and send that instead.

John

"CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote in message news:ugHF6EJIKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>
>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>> pre-selected range on a
>> worksheet.
>
> 1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
> both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>
> 2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
> including the headers and footers?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> ============================
>

>> Copy the picture.
>>
>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>
>> Save as a jpg
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>>how?
>>>
>>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>>how
>>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>>
>>>Many thanks.

0
me5306 (285)
8/19/2009 1:16:39 PM
The Camera Tool can be found under Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way.

Alternative............select a range and SHIFT + Edit>Copy Picture.

Headers and Footers will not be included.

Creating a PDF as others have suggested is also an option.

Gord

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:51:44 -0700, "CWLee" <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>
>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>> pre-selected range on a
>> worksheet.
>
>1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
>both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>
>2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
>including the headers and footers?
>
>Many thanks.
>
>============================
>

>> Copy the picture.
>>
>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>
>> Save as a jpg
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>>how?
>>>
>>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning
>>>how
>>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>>
>>>Many thanks.

0
Gord
8/19/2009 1:36:18 PM
Thanks.  I found the camera tool, but couldn't get it to
work for me.  However, I discovered that I could select
cells, save them, and then paste them into Paint, and then
save that as a jpg file.  That seems to work for me, but I
still wish there was a way to capture the headers and
footers too.

Thanks again, to all of you who have responded to my
inquiry.

=======================

> The Camera Tool can be found under
> Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools
>
> Scroll down about 2/3 of the way.
>
> Alternative............select a range and SHIFT +
> Edit>Copy Picture.
>
> Headers and Footers will not be included.
>
> Creating a PDF as others have suggested is also an option.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:51:44 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote
>>
>>> Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a
>>> pre-selected range on a
>>> worksheet.
>>
>>1.  Where/how do I access the "Excel Camera Tool"?  I have
>>both Excel 2000 (99% of my usage) and Excel 2007.
>>
>>2.  Assuming I find the Excel Camera Took, what about
>>including the headers and footers?
>>
>>Many thanks.
>>
>>============================
>>

>>> Copy the picture.
>>>
>>> Open Paint or similar application and paste to there.
>>>
>>> Save as a jpg
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>>
>>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
>>> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu>

0
cdubyalee (20)
8/19/2009 5:49:00 PM
Get SnagIT from Techsmith (about $30). It is by far the very best
screen image capture program ever written.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
<cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote:

>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>how?
>
>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>
>Many thanks.
0
chip1 (1821)
8/19/2009 9:49:20 PM
A free program is Snippy available at http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/

It will make free form or rectangular copies.

Eric

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> Get SnagIT from Techsmith (about $30). It is by far the very best
> screen image capture program ever written.
>
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
>    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> (email on web site)
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:25:46 -0700, "CWLee"
> <cdubyalee@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
>

>>I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know
>>how to save a worksheet as a jpg file.  Can anyone tell me
>>how?
>>
>>(The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a
>>Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how
>>to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.)
>>
>>Many thanks.

0
ericNOSPAM (46)

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Adding a new menu on the Worksheet menu bar
I tried to adapt J.Walkenbach code to add a menu item on Workbook_open but I get the following error on "HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls ("Help").Index" Run-time Error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim HelpIndex As Integer Dim NewMenu As CommandBarPopup ' Get Index of Help menu HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls("Help").Index ' Create the control Set NewMenu = CommandBars(1) _ .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, Before:=HelpIndex, Temporary:=True) ' ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

how do i know if a worksheet exsist
hi everybody I have a workbook with about 40 worksheets. each worksheet name has a name of a student I need to find out if a spesific student has a worksheet in my workbook thanks In article <45b6e312@news.bezeqint.net>, yosi_lb@bezeqint.net says... > hi everybody > I have a workbook with about 40 worksheets. each worksheet name has a name > of a student > > I need to find out if a spesific student has a worksheet in my workbook > > thanks > > > Directly from the Excel VBA help file... This example displays the name of each worksheet in the ...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Personal macros file
I keep a number of blocks of code in my personal.xls startup file just to have them readily at hand and perform routine tasks more quickly (and sometimes to save bits that were hard to figure out how to do). My company has chosen a somewhat chaotic approach to transitioning staff/depts from Excel 2003 to 2007, resulting in my needing to have both application versions on my PC at the same time. Believe me, I KNOW this is not recommended. So, here is my question. I've succeeded in creating one personal.xls file in my startup folder that opens for either application - though...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Export drawing to EMF file
Hello, How do I export a drawing to an EMF (or other image type) file using the ActiveX in VB6? I've tried the SaveAs and a file is created but it is empty. TIA Vic ...