Save Entire Workbook as Values

Hi - I've a spreadsheet with lots of formulas which pull in data by dat
- therefore the data changes everyday...

Just wondering if anyone knows a way I can save the entire workbook a
values in order to maintain a record of all the data...?

Many Thanks

--
ddmmyyy
ddmmyyyy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1608

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi ddmmyyyy

You can try this to save a values copy of the worksheets in the workbook in C:\

Sub test()
    Worksheets.Copy
    Worksheets.Select
    Cells.Copy
    Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    Cells(1).Select
    Worksheets(1).Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\test.xls"
    ActiveWorkbook.Close False
End Sub

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ddmmyyyy" <ddmmyyyy.1f7jxb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ddmmyyyy.1f7jxb@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi - I've a spreadsheet with lots of formulas which pull in data by date
> - therefore the data changes everyday...
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows a way I can save the entire workbook as
> values in order to maintain a record of all the data...?
>
> Many Thanks!
>

> --
> ddmmyyyy
> ddmmyyyy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16082
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275345

0
rondebruin (3789)

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Workbook Specific Toolbar Menus
I was proud of myself in creating a new toolbar menu and sub-menu and assigning macros to the menu items until I discovered that the menu appears on the toolbar always now, regardless of the spreadsheet I open. It appears that when I select a custom menu item, it's going out the the spreadsheet where it is stored and executing it against the spreadsheet I have open (great, but that's not what I want). How do I create toolbar menus that only appear for a specific spreadsheet when it is open? -- Steve Steve, The best option is to create the commandbar on the fly, when the work...

Value of a data point in a graph
Hi folks, I use following algorithm to read the value of data point: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Error Resume Next For Serie = 1 To NumOfRows For DataPnt = 1 To NumOfColumns Set ChtPt = _ ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(Ser...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Excel loses linked workbook
I have an error (or don’t understand the workings of the new version of excel). I have a workbook G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P05\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx. This workbook is linked to the period 04 version workbook (G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P04\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx). Note it is has the same file name but is held in a different location. It links to cell D47 of period 4 and then adds current month. The formula works ok but when I save the document the links get broken and the cells become a circular reference. I can’t understand why. I ha...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

setting a value to a field for all records
I need to create 'Select All' and 'Unselect All' buttons to put true or false in a yes/no field. Anyone have an idea for the easiest way to iterate through all the records? ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Workflow wont pass value to a picklist
Hi there, We are using CRM 4.0 and In CASE -> Priority we have 3 values High, Normal and Low Now I have a custom form called Software bug I created a workflow that create software bug when I'm saving the case form Inside the workflow I would like to pass the value from Case -> Priority picklist value into Software bug Priority picklist value (I created same picklist as a CASE) From some reason it pass the value to a textbox but not to a picklist When I select the picklist the CASE attributes become blank no records to choose? Is there a limitation of what you can pass as value...

Data validation and default values
I'm using data validation with dependent dropdowns (thank you Debra Dalgleidh) where if I choose from a dropdown in one cell, the choices available in the adjacent cell's dropdown automatically limit based on the first cell's value. OK. Now I need one step further. Can I have that second cell's value get a default value based on what I choose in the first cell? For example, my first cell is country, the second is state. I can choose in the first cell from a dropdown a list of countries, and if I choose "USA" in this list, then the second cell limits its drop...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

# value in spreadsheet
When i copy spreadsheets and build a master worksheet # value shows up in any cell that doesn't have a number or zero in it. I know there is a way to fix this but can't seem to find it---can anyone help? Does the cell just turn to #value! Or is it the result of a formula? If it's a formula that's being copied, what's the formula? ron cooley wrote: > > When i copy spreadsheets and build a master worksheet # > value shows up in any cell that doesn't have a number or > zero in it. I know there is a way to fix this but can't > seem to find it-...