Run VBA without show

I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing.
Which code should i use for that?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sub RunWithoutShow()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

  'Paste the vba code here

  'end of code
  'Change screenupdating property to true
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

I hope this helps...

Selva V Pasupathy
For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources
Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com
You may also

(inserting into quote  from code example bellow from Socko)

Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely

Sub RunWithoutShow()
Application.Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False  'If you hide the app leave screen
updating set to false in it will improve performance

   ' 'Paste the vba code here

'Change screenupdating property to true
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

"Socko" <selvavinaygam@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Sub RunWithoutShow()
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>
>  'Paste the vba code here
>
>  'end of code
>  'Change screenupdating property to true
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>
> I hope this helps...
>

> Selva V Pasupathy
> For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources
> Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com

Need only one DLL instance to run...

help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets
defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the same on the as the original analysis. Then I look at the report and it list a lot of files that can't be drfragmented. The only thing I can think of is that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in the c/exchange folder) Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to defrag? Hello Bob When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on ...

run time error 10-22-03

Making a bubble charts without having the bubbles overlapping
Making a bubble charts without having the bubbles overlapping each other. Is this possible or not? If so how? If the bubbles are close and their size is greater than their spacing, they will overlap. You can change the relative size of bubbles in a chart by double clicking the series, clicking on the Options tab, and change the value where it says "Scale bubble size to ___% of default". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "cindy" <cindy@discussions.microsof...

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

New at this Excel VBA game and very perplexed
I am trying to export data from a Word form to a Excel spread sheet. The Word form has three data fields. I want to export the form data to a new row directly under existing rows in the spreadsheet (i.e., as each new form is created I can run the macro and export the data to the growing spreadsheet). I have this code: Sub ExportToExcel() Dim oXL As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim myWB As String Dim oFF As FormField Dim i As Long myWB = "E:\My Documents\Word\Word Documents\Word Tips\Macros\Working With Access And Excel\myExportBook1.xls&quo...

VBA Find Method problem
Been racking my brain on this one and I don't know why it hasn't worked. I'm using the Find method in my VBA query to find cells that contain the value "Rank", then does an operation on the cells below it. Then it moves to the next page and does the same thing. Unfortunately, if there are two cells with the value "Rank" on one page, the code will only look at the first one, do the operation, then go to the next page. This is the basic code. I've tried a For Each... Next loop right above the find method, but can't seem to get it to work. I...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Pivot table Data always showing up as "Count"
Hi guys first post here and tried searching for this but couldn't find it. I have a pivot table and whenever I drag and drop in to the Data portion of it, the pivot is always putting it in as a "count" and I am always having to change it to "Sum". Is there a way to change the default way that a pivot handles info droppped into the data box? Thanks in advnace for your help. -n00b :confused: -- qwopzxnm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ qwopzxnm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=275...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Why is my pdf from visio showing the font in russian?
I just started using Visio 2007 and printed to a PDF. When you open the PDF all of my text is in russian. How do I fix this? ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

show this folder as an address book
Hi, this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and i'm unable to view the contacts as an address book when i compose a message. Can someone refresh my memory what i need to do to correct it? Rgds Stu Right click on the contacts group you want to add. Click properties. Check 'Show this folder...' on the 'Outlook Address Book' tab. Then pulldown 'tools', 'address book', 'tools', 'options' and add the contacts list you need. Good luck. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > this tick box is greyed out on my outlook 2k , and...

Excel VBA 'Help'
Up till yesterday the VBA Help utility was available while in the Editor. Now, on all three, of my computers' "'Help" is no longer there except for the option to get on-line help. Re-installing (Repair) did not fix the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks Same thing has happened to me in the last few days. I can now only get offline help in Excel VBA. Trying to get online help just results in 'Page not available'. Main Excel help is still OK and other Office Apps VBA help OK. Just Excel VBA affected. I emailed Microsoft Support last evening but have had no...

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...

DTM Need help deciding which tests to run.
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right group, so if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. I'm trying to get drivers signed for a USB device, and I'm not certain which category it falls under. The device uses winusb. It is an embedded system for test and measurement that only uses control and bulk transfers. It also has an embedded hub that exposes an additional port for general use. Thank you for your time, Jay Dolan Did you ever get through WHQL testing with winusb and the inf file? I am trying to pass WHQL testing and have encountered 3 errors ...