Run VBA without show

I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing.
Which code should i use for that?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sub RunWithoutShow()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

  'Paste the vba code here

  'end of code
  'Change screenupdating property to true
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

I hope this helps...

Selva V Pasupathy
For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources
Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com
You may also

(inserting into quote  from code example bellow from Socko)

Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely

Sub RunWithoutShow()
Application.Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False  'If you hide the app leave screen
updating set to false in it will improve performance

   ' 'Paste the vba code here

'Change screenupdating property to true
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

"Socko" <selvavinaygam@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Sub RunWithoutShow()
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>
>  'Paste the vba code here
>
>  'end of code
>  'Change screenupdating property to true
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>
> I hope this helps...
>

> Selva V Pasupathy
> For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources
> Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com

Outlook 2000 icon appears in systray when 2003 is running
I just upgraded Office 2000 to 2003 and when I launch Outlook, the old icon displays in the system tray. On another machine, I did a fresh install and the new 2003 icon is displayed when Outlook is running. I tried playing with the DefaultIcon in the registry, but it didn't do anything. Any suggestions? ...

Some text boxes on an embedded chart do not show up
Why is it that the last one or two text boxes on an embedded chart do not display when I click outside the chart area? I am using 16 text boxes on a chart instead of the legend as it makes it easier to read. I then select an area that includes the chart and copy it to Paint (see note 1), where I save it as a JPG as I want to load it onto the web. The Excel file and the JPG file can be found at the following links http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.xls http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.JPG Why is it that the last one or two tex...

Why Notes in Contact detail view now shows a timeline of inputs?
I use Outlook 2007 on Vista. Recently, my Notes section of the detailed address view is showing a greyed out timeline of input and repeats the input. How can I avoid this? -- Thank You! What is the input? Is it address and phone info and are you using the social connector? That's a "feature" of it, at least with the sharepoint provider enabled. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

changing cbobox row source through vba code
Hi All, I have a frame which has 2 option.Option 1 and 2. I also have a combo box. I want when option 1 in my frame is clicked, my combo box row source is "SELECT [List Model DC Query].[Model DC Fan] FROM [List Model DC Query], [Model AC Query] ORDER BY [List Model DC Query].[Model DC Fan];" and when the 2nd option of frame is clicked,it row source becomes "SELECT [Model AC Query].[Model DC Fan] FROM [List Model DC Query], [Model AC Query] ORDER BY [Model AC Query].[Model DC Fan];" please help to write the code and on what control even have to be placed. regards, cho ...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...

Forwarding reply received without it including original mail sent
How do I forward the reply mail received without it including the original text sent in the first place?? ...

Excel validation drop-down: how show codes with descriptive info?
When creating drop downs in Excel (e.g., through Data Validation) is there any way to show a code along with descriptive info so that the code can be entered into the cell, but the descriptive info provides the user with an explanation of the code when they click the drop-down? If you can use programming, there's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected, the cell shows only the product name. You could adapt this to your workbook. On the following page: http://www.contextures.com/excelfile...

IE7 won't run from desktop icon or from Start All Programs
Running XP Home with SP3 Recently had to uninstall IE8 due to incompatibilities with an application. Uninstalled IE8 prior to SP3 which seemed to cause some problems. At this point, have uninstalled SP3, then reinstalled SP3 and all updates. Have reinstalled IE7 several times. I can run IE7 using a standard shortcut that points to the executable. However when I click on the built in desktop icon it starts to bring up IE7, then immediately shuts down with no error message. There is no message in the Event Viewer. I get the same results by going to Start, then All Programs, and th...

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

HQ Client Errors everytime 401 is run
Hi Thia I have a problem with HQ client at one of the stores freezing and then giving a "just in time debugging" everytime a 401 is run. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to fix it? -- Cheers Topi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA985B.75A8E7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Topi, At the store, try running a Database re-index and then a check in SO = Admin. Try running a re-install of Client in Add/Remove, making sure that you = are runnin...

VBA and Report Security
I work as a consultant that writes reports in access for an accounting program based on access. I already know how to secure the VBA Code behind my reports but would like a way to prevent my report from running if the report database is copied by another consultant and my report is imported into another database. Could I add a line of code into my reports that would confirm something like: IF Filename = Smith.mbd Then Continue Else Stop? This way if someone copied my report into another report databse for a different Client the report would not run. AccountingLabs wrote: > I work...

Best way to get started with VBA?
Hi. A lot of replies by the MVPs include the statement that the OP will need to use VBA. What's the best way to get started? Are there any "VBA for Dummies" type books or development tools? Are there repositories of source code that the beginning VBA programmer can look at? Question: Does Outlook (2003) out of the box contain VBA code that is executed when a user clicks on a button or fills out a form? While Outlook is running, is there a way to watch this code execute and see how it changes values or fills in fields? This question came up in my mind because of the dedica...

How do I get the text from running off a page (have it skip to th.
I need to be able to have text skip from one cell down to the next row without it running off a page (hard return) Amy Not sure what you need here. If you want text to stop at a certain point in a cell then drop down to next cell below, just hit ENTER key whenever you choose. If you want the text on more than one line in a cell, you can hit ALT + ENTER to create a CR in the cell. Or just type it all in one cell then choose Wrap Text and widen the column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:48:03 -0700, "Amy Maestas" <Amy Maestas@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Run code when text box content deleted
I am trying in vain to have the following run when the value of a text box becomes "" If txtDateReady = "" Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If I have tried in 'txtDateReady_LostFocus' and 'txtDateReady_Change' but nothing happens. Help appreciated. Sandy Sandy wrote: > I am trying in vain to have the following run when the value of a > text box becomes "" > > If txtDateReady = "" Then > Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False > Me.txtWhy...

Extracting Data from Access dB to Excel, using VBA
Hi All, Firstly, I'm an amateur on a steep learning curve, so please excuse me if some of my terminology/understanding is incomplete. I have found a VBA procedure which will extract entire tables from a db to a grid array in an excel spreadsheet. The procedure relies on two cell values, one identifies the database path, the other identifies the required table. When the procedure is run, it evaluates the two values and returns the specified table in its entirety. The problem I am having is that it works perfectly for tables that have no 'dead-space', ie blank fi...

HELP!
We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Inbox. This does not affect all users. Our setup is as follows: User has POP3 account User has Exchange account Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST) I can verify that messages are on the POP3 server waiting to be picked up. Clicking "Send/Receive" pops the messages off the server, but nothing shows up in the user's Inbox. I have verified that user has no filters set; there are also no deliver...

Page won't show whole document unit you scroll
When I open a Excel 2007 document or Outlook 2007 evrything won't show on the page until I scroll down. I mean in excel it will only show about the first 10 lines or so, then if you move the mouse down then the whole page will show up. I have played with the refresh rate. I am out of ideas on how to fix. I work with the US Army and have about 5 machines that are doing the same thing. ...

merging of files without copy paste
How can I merge several files into one without copy/paste. I have many differente files and I need them to be in one, how do I d that and can I do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel does not have a built in function to merge workbooks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Re: Access VBA Query Def.
Jedireg wrote: OK.... so I've finally found out that I can't use the runsql command with a select statement. Which leaves me trying to figure out how to do this with ADO. Any help would be greatly appreciated. however I can not get the follow sql to work in a saved query def either. SELECT tblPart_Info.Rev_Date, tblPart_Info.USL, tblPart_Info.LSL, tblPart_Info.Max_RA, tblPart_Info.Out_Of_Square, tblPart_Info.Crown, tblPart_Info.Comments FROM tblPart_Info WHERE (((tblPart_Info.Part_No)=[Forms]![Main]![cboPartNum].[Text]) AND ((tblPart_Info.Rev_Level)=[Forms]![M...

Run Code in Group
Hello All, I am not new to Access but have not used modules, etc. very much. On a form I have a script about 80 lines long that I want to run on the lost focus event of 20 different text boxes. It checks all values against new calculations. The code has been tested and runs fine. The Goal: How can I save that code and then simply enter one line of code for each lost focus event? Is there a way to save it as a script? Please let me know if I have not been clear. Thank you in advance for the help. Adam Kemp Put the code in a standard module. Make sure it is identified as a Public Fun...

WinZip 8.0 running v. slowly
I last installed Win98SE a little over three years ago, and a number of niggles have developed. I'm still putting off that evil day when I have to completely reinstall Win98SE and start to dual-boot with Ubuntu Linux, which will probably be my next main OS. Meanwhile, it would help quite a lot if there were a quick fix for one particular niggle. When I'm using WinZip 8.0 to add a lot of files to a *.zip archive, this routine operation, which used to be over in a few minutes or even seconds, now runs at a snail's pace, sometimes only adding one or two files a second, a...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

open without new worksheet
Is there a way to open excel 2000 or excel xp, or excel 2003, without it opening a new blank worksheet? This would be opening excel from the exe or its shortcut. Add the -e option to the command line in the shortcut you use to start Excel. Steve. purplehaz wrote > Is there a way to open excel 2000 or excel xp, or excel 2003, without it > opening a new blank worksheet? This would be opening excel from the exe or > its shortcut. > > Cool, that did it. Thanks. "Steve" <Steve@xxx.co.nz> wrote in message news:3fcf622e$1@news.maxnet.co.nz... > Add the -e op...

is Clickyes running if not runit
Hi, Thanks in advance I need to test if clickyes is running sub isclickyesrunning() 'ok thats what we want carry on else start clickyes endif end sub Once again thanks for your help -- Trev B What are clickyes and isclickyesrunning? In general, what real-world thing are you trying to accomplish? Trev B wrote: >Hi, > >Thanks in advance > >I need to test if clickyes is running > >sub isclickyesrunning() >'ok thats what we want carry on > >else > >start clickyes > >endif > >end sub >Once...

Run windows update when server first boots up
Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will kickstart windows update? I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. Please advise. thanks, -Drew Andrew Weaver wrote: > Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will > kickstart windows update? > > I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. > > I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. > > Please advise. ...