Run excel when logged off.

Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer?

I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros.  I would like to
have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
Jasper

0
jrecto99 (56)
3/27/2008 5:54:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped
drives", you will have to fix that issue too.

Jaz wrote:

> Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer?
>
> I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros.  I would like to
> have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

0
birelan (531)
3/27/2008 6:09:49 PM
The task scheduler will log itself in to whatever account you specify when
you set up the schedule. You must also provide the password. When you change
that account's password, remember to update the task scheduler!
--
TedMi

0
TedMi (41)
3/27/2008 6:45:00 PM
"Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer?
>
> I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros.  I would like to
> have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

Theoretically - yes.
Practically - I doubt whether you can get this to work reliably.
Macros tend to have a big problem: If something is not quite
the way you expect it to be then the macro will fail. It will either
pause and wait for your input, or it will produce garbage. If
you want a robust show then you must perform the calculation
with a language such as VB Script (which has an Excel interface).

0
I.can1 (2)

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Excel combo box
Is there an easy way to maintain a date format from the original cell through selection via a combo box? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you add the items yourself--instead of using listfillrange, then the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar will keep the formatting: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim myCell As Range With Me.ComboBox1 .ListFillRange = "" .Clear For Each myCell In Me.Range("a1:a14").Cells .AddItem myCell.Text Next myCell End With End Sub or if you want...

Word Mail Merge with Excel as data file
Word 2003 Excel 2003 Windows XP Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a Microsoft Word form? I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum. Thanks in advance! Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main document for each, and you should only have one. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OER87r9hFHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > Excel 2003 > Windows XP > > Why would a mail merge show only every othe...

run time error 10-22-03

Excel Validation Drop Down Box
Is there any way to increase the size of the text in the validation drop down box? If the sheet is zoomed to say 60% the text in the box is not readable. No, but you may find this helpful: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger In article <0a4c01c3999c$92878a10$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to increase the size of the text in the > validation drop down box? If the sheet is zoomed to say > 60% the text in the box is not readable. ...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

New at this Excel VBA game and very perplexed
I am trying to export data from a Word form to a Excel spread sheet. The Word form has three data fields. I want to export the form data to a new row directly under existing rows in the spreadsheet (i.e., as each new form is created I can run the macro and export the data to the growing spreadsheet). I have this code: Sub ExportToExcel() Dim oXL As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim myWB As String Dim oFF As FormField Dim i As Long myWB = "E:\My Documents\Word\Word Documents\Word Tips\Macros\Working With Access And Excel\myExportBook1.xls&quo...

Silly date/text question
Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. TIA Dan In custom format use mmmm dt\h >-----Original Message----- >Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th >similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - >to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. >TIA >Dan > > >. > Are you looking for the th, rd, nd stuff or are ...

Hidden Column
Hi Can anyone Help I have a spreadsheet, and on my 3rd worksheet, the first column (A) wa hidden, now I want to show that column, but it just isnt appearing. I have tried, Format > Column > unhide as well as Row > Unhide, Ive also tried Edit > Go To > A1 and it still doesnt appear. Any thoughts? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Format > C...

Excel Continuous Running Total

tables created by Linking an Excel File
Hi Mates I have a linked access table created from an excel spreadsheet. Then I used Table Analyze feature in access to split this and the split created 3 seperate tables. When the excel spreadsheet is changed the linked table gets updated but split tables remains unchanged. Is there a way these split tables to get updated automatically. Thanks mates in advance for your help. Sarah W Hi Sarah, The table analyzer is designed for splitting a non-normalised table into two or more new, normalised tables. This is a one-time process: the new tables are entirely separate from the old one. T...

Conditional Formatting in Excel
Hi, If D1 is empty then G1 should be white(clear) if D1 has a number in it then G1 should be red additionally; if a value, either a figure 0 or a currency value is entered in G1, which owing to the previous two conditions, would be red, then G1 should change to blue. If anyone can explain how to acheive this I would be extremely grateful. Thank You Brian Ok, you have a few conditions: Isblank(d1) means clear Formatted as Currency Means “Blue” Any value not formatted as Currency Means Red Step 1 I would insert a column to calculate this and format based on the resu...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

Money 2002 will not run

' in excel
when i type 'something in a cell. ' - as a single quote it always display only something, without a ' anyone knows why? does that ' mean anything? thx it means the entry is in text form charlie <charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53980654-8066-4D0E-85B1-538FD378F4FE@microsoft.com... > when i type 'something in a cell. ' - as a single quote > it always display only something, without a ' > anyone knows why? > does that ' mean anything? > thx The single apostrophe (') has long been a qualifer in spreadsheets to ...

Excel Invoice #2
How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice without copying and pasting? Hi, Ann. Try something like this: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm Pay particular attention to the link in the 2nd bullet. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1951D37F-6385-41CC-A33A-A0A28AAA4875@microsoft.com... > How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Excel pictured hyperlink as "normal" cell content
Hi, In an Excel sheet the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http:/ ....)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor. How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as genera underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell) Thanks S.Yours bendes P.S. As you see, I am not an expert.. Attachment filename: hyperlink_example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.p...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Excel 2003: Autofilter
Hi, Is it possible to create autofilter on Rows? I have an excel sheet with over 5000 rows and 40 columns and I need to use the autofilter option on the rows. As transpose function will not work, cannot interchange rows to columns to use the standard autofilter option. Do you know of any macro which can help me in this regard? Thanks, Ashwini Check out this google search result. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/e6cb0babfba916b8/6d48bf5680a98d7b?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2#6d48bf5680a98d7b Note Debra's URL to a workbook. Gord Dibben MS E...