Royally Confused!!

Hello all...
here is my situation:
On Sheet2 of my workbook I have a set of data that starts at B3:B9. Next to
column "B" I have column "C-F" with data that corresponds to each row of
"B".
For example:

B2=Stock C-F2=price,PE, etc...

I have highlighted the stocks listed in column "B" and defined a name for
them.

On Sheet1 I have gone through the validation and set up the pull down menu
where I can select the stock from Sheet2.

But my question is how can I set it up so that when I choose the a stock
from the pull down list in the adjacent columns it returns the values from
columns C-F?

I know this is a round about way to ask a question, I just want to provide
as much information as possible.

Thank you all so much,
Confused Man

0
bfbj (38)
8/2/2005 8:32:13 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try using VLOOKUP

=vlookup(your pull down cell here,data table on sheet2,column
number,false)

you will need to sort your data on sheet 2 into ascending order of
column B

Hope this helps

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11273

Hi, I think you can use the lookup formula to do this. The formula in sheet 1
will be =VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!$B$3:$F$9,COLUMNS($A$1:B1),FALSE). Hope this
works.

--
Joham

forum (466)
8/2/2005 9:42:01 AM
Thank you guys that worked great... now a couple more questions if you don't
mind... right now if nothing is chosen in the pulldown list the Vlookup
returns #N/A. How can I get these cells to remain blank unless something is
chosen from the list?

also, one of the Vlookup cells I want to multiply a manually entered value
but if I don't enter a value I want it to ignore that operation and just
return the value from the original dataset.

For example. Vlookup(B2,datatable,columns) should return a value of 1. but
it's looking at the cell I want to multiply and returning a 0, but I want it
to ignore the cell if it's blank. I'm pretty sure I need to use an IF
statement, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Thank you all so very much for all your excellent help,
Confused Man

"Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in message
> Hello all...
> here is my situation:
> On Sheet2 of my workbook I have a set of data that starts at B3:B9. Next
> column "B" I have column "C-F" with data that corresponds to each row of
> "B".
> For example:
>
> B2=Stock C-F2=price,PE, etc...
>
> I have highlighted the stocks listed in column "B" and defined a name for
> them.
>
> On Sheet1 I have gone through the validation and set up the pull down menu
> where I can select the stock from Sheet2.
>
> But my question is how can I set it up so that when I choose the a stock
> from the pull down list in the adjacent columns it returns the values from
> columns C-F?
>
> I know this is a round about way to ask a question, I just want to provide
> as much information as possible.
>
> Thank you all so much,
> Confused Man

0
bfbj (38)

Royal Bank
Does anyone know why Royal Bank does not appear in the list of financial institutions for Money 2004? Is it in the Canadian version perhaps? I find it a little strange since most other Canadian banks are there (like Laurentian Bank...). In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: >Does anyone know why Royal Bank does not appear in the >list of financial institutions for Money 2004? Is it in >the Canadian version perhaps? I find it a little strange >since most other Canadian banks are there (like >Laurentian Bank...). You can read previous discussions of that with this l...

Promotion confusion...
Ok - I have an item at 19.99 and an item at 5.99, i want to give the 5.99 item free with the 19.99 Item. Is there a way i can do this to ensure it doesnt matter which order the items are scanned in? and that the custoemr will only pay 19.99 at normal price level, and 10% less at Price level A Thanks!! in the standard Microsoft RMS program this is NOT possible at this stage. You can use the Retail Realm Promotio module to achieve this. Contact me for more detail. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm url:// www.retailrealm.co.uk = = = = = = = = = = = =...

Territories
I need to know the territory a Contact and Case is related to. Ideally this should be done by looking at the territory of the accounts, but this isn't available in workflows or to make views (all my cases are attached to Contacts). Looking at the territory setup is confusing. Accounts have 2 territory fields: TerritoryId which is the lookup field TerrtoryCode whick is the picklist Contacts have the TerritoryCode picklist Incidents/Case have no Territory fields. When I look in the database only the TerritoryId has values. So what is the purpose of the Territorycode field? Why is ...

I goofed
Please forgive me. This 75 year old mind is going bonkers! I am using MSPublisher 2002, but after reloading the program, it will no longer read my website .pub file, as explained in my earlier message. I had my head attuned to PSP, while thinking about MSPub. The references to the versions 8 and 9 obviously had to do with PSP - not MSPub. With this further explanation, can anyone tell me why MSPub will no longer read my website .pub file? Ed ...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

RMS using Royal Bank of Scotland
Does anyone know of an add-on to charge in Euros using RMS and have the Royal Bank of Scotland as our bank? We recently had to purchase and install PC Charge to conduct business in the USD. I am wondering if there is something similar that processes Euros and talks with Royal Bank of Scotland. On 23 Sep, 19:19, WIS Pubs <WISP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an add-on to charge in Euros usingRMSand have the Roy= alBankofScotlandas ourbank? =A0We recently had to purchase and install PC > Charge to conduct business in the USD. =A0I am wondering if ther...

Confused query
I've got a query which asks the question Enter Project A or B. This part of the query works fine on its own. I also want to ask in the same query whether a "modified" Project A should also be included as in [Do you want a modified Project A included Y/N?]. The modified Project A is indicated in the table by a Yes/No field. If I type a Yes or No directly into the query it works the way I expect but if I use the question to get the Yes or No both questions are asked correctly but the result fails with a "too complicated expression" error I'm sure it can be done...

Zenith Port Royal Prices
Zenith Port Royal Prices Lower Price Zenith Port Royal: http://www.fashion163.com/Zenith_Port_Royal.html Luxury Watches Lower Prices: http://www.fashion163.com/ Cheapest Zenith Watches http://www.fashion163.com/Zenith.html We guarantee our Zenith Port Royal and Zenith Port Royal aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each Zenith Port Royal produced is examined carefully by our quality test department and every watch is inspected again before being moved out from our warehouse. It is our heartfelt desire that you do experien...

Royally Confused!!
Hello all... here is my situation: On Sheet2 of my workbook I have a set of data that starts at B3:B9. Next to column "B" I have column "C-F" with data that corresponds to each row of "B". For example: B2=Stock C-F2=price,PE, etc... I have highlighted the stocks listed in column "B" and defined a name for them. On Sheet1 I have gone through the validation and set up the pull down menu where I can select the stock from Sheet2. But my question is how can I set it up so that when I choose the a stock from the pull down list in the adjacent columns it r...

COleDateTime Confusion
Using the code COleDateTime Date1( 2003 , 8 , 31 , 0 , 0 , 0 ); COleDateTime Date2( 2003 , 8 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 ); COleDateTimeSpan DateDifference = Date1 - Date2; sprintf( aux , "From %s to %s is %s days" , (LPCTSTR) Date2.Format( "%B %d %Y" ) , (LPCTSTR) Date1.Format( "%B %d %Y" ) , (LPCTSTR) DateDifference.Format( "%d" ) ); pdc->TextOut( 100 , currow - 2*rowHeight , aux ); the program displays that the difference is 29 days. My quick calculation usi...

MAKE TABLE query sorting confusion
I am trying to figure out if there is a problem with my usage of MAKE TABLE queries. I have some data that consists of 20-40 records EACH of yearly records sorted by YEAR. I have a query that displays this data correctly SORTED by year (descending). I have currenrly approx 700 records. When I convert the above query to a MAKE TABLE version of the same query, I get some weird results. The data that results in the table created is NOT SORTED the same as the select query was. Should it be??? I have then created approx 15 APPEND queries (doing one years data at a time) that I then execute...

Spurious WM_PAINT or confused ::IsWIndow()
I have a modeless dialog with an OnPaint() handler How do I find out why OnPaint() is getting called ? The problem is it is being called when the dialog THINKS it isn't a window i.e. so the first line of code "CPaintDC dc(this)" fails with an assert I can't simply check ::IsWindow(m_hWnd) and return if FALSE since of course windows will just keep firing WM_PAINT messages at me Interestingly, ::IsWindow(..) returns FALSE even though I can clearly see my dialog ! Note that : 1) I *never* call OnPaint() myself 2) I *never* post WM_PAINT message 3) Repainting requests are do...

Class Confusion
So how does this work in VB6? I have an app and add a class, call it clsClass. I want to instantiate this clsClass several places in the app and since there are timers involved, these several classes may be instantiated at the "same time". So far I think I understand that each clsClass instantiation has its own memory space. Now the complication (in my mind), the class needs a callback that must be in a module, call it mdlSupport. When I instantiate each class, do I also automatically get multiple copies of mdlSupport? i.e. is it possible that with the timers runnin...

confused about the WFP api names
I'm a little confused about the WFP api names, such as FwpsCalloutRegister() and FwpmCalloutAdd(), what does 'Fwps' and 'Fwpm' refer to? Why don't they use the same prefix 'WFP', which is Windows Filtering Platform? Thanks in advance. Fei Zhang __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5270 (20100711) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "Fei Zhang" <zhangandfei@126.com> writes: > I'm a little confused about the WFP api...

Newsgroup Confusion
So M$ is closing down Newsgroups??? Then why did my Windows Live Main Newsgroup Reader just announce four new newsgroups? (on two different PCs, yet) microsoft.public.forecaster microsoft.public.frx microsoft.public.pos microsoft.public.smallbusinessmanager Someone did not get the internal notice? So let's use FRX to post in. That seems the most VB6 friendly. ;-) We already have a plan in place. See my sig. If this is not good enough for you or to your liking, you are free to go someplace else. -- Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT Free usenet access at ...

activeX control confusion
When I paste certain forms from one DB to another using Access 97, I get the error that there is no activeX control. I also get the error later that "There is no object in this control" which MS indicates is also an ActiveX error. I dont know a thing about ActiveX and I dont really want to learn. Can I deal with this somehow without knowing ActiveX? If the form you are pasting contains an ActiveX control, you will need to open any code module and go to Tools/References and set the correct reference for that ActiveX control. The reference is automatically set if you sele...

Safepay for Royal Bank of Canada
I am currently having problems with configurating safepay for the Royal Bank of Canada. The need the record count fields in the Header, Details and in the footer to increment by one. How have other clients configurated Safepay for RBC. The record count in the header must be 0001, Details must be 0002 and Footer must be 0003. -- Flo In the payroll control setup window, you can select Royal Bank for the Direct Deposit Bank Name. I believe this will create a file with the proper header, detail, and footer identifiers. Call the RBC central processing office to arrange submission of a tes...

Royally Confused!!
Hello all... here is my situation: On Sheet2 of my workbook I have a set of data that starts at B3:B9. Next to column "B" I have column "C-F" with data that corresponds to each row of "B". For example: B2=Stock C-F2=price,PE, etc... I have highlighted the stocks listed in column "B" and defined a name for them. On Sheet1 I have gone through the validation and set up the pull down menu where I can select the stock from Sheet2. But my question is how can I set it up so that when I choose the a stock from the pull down list in the adjacent colum...

FOrmula Help Please, Im so confused
I have a formula that outs out net margin which is =(Margins!$C$6-MIN-'TMobile 18 Costs'!D5) I also have another formaula that turns negative into positive If a positive states "FOC" if negative adds VAT and rounds up to nearest 9.99. =IF(C8>=0,"FOC",CEILING(-C8*1.175,10)-0.01) So if a neative was -89 turns it into +89 *1.175 = 105 then changes it to 109.99 automatically With me so far. So what i need is a formula that does all that in one formula so i dont have to create double columns ot work it out!!!!!! Either =Margins!$C$6-MIN-IF('TMobile 18 Cos...

Barcode Confusion
When RMS was installed we never got ANY management training. Overall we are doing ok, but every once in a while something comes up to throw us for a loop. We are now having multiple issues regarding barcode printing. Up to now, we have not had to print barcodes. Before now, we had one ItemLookupCode called Ribbon. Now, we want to add new items, one new barcode and price for each type of ribbon. Don't ask why English is in the ItemLookupCode field. It's way too long a story. Now, because we have not been trained, I have to ask stupid questions. If you open the Manager, and go to...

Linking to Royal Bank of Canada
I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my checking and savings accounts? In microsoft.public.money, Martin Buisjrogge wrote: >I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank >of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my >checking and savings accounts? See http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=30&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=rbc+royal.bank&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&am...

Money 2005 in Canada and Support for Royal Bank
Hi, I used Money 2003 Canadian Edition for awhile and was rather disappointed that it didn't fully support my accounts with the Royal Bank; I had to login into online banking and then 'Download into Financial Software'. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice. Now when I look up Royal Bank on supported financial institutions it says it's fully supported, unlike some other large banks in Canada like CIBC and TD. Just wondering if someone could confirm this for me...? Also, I've read a number of complaints about the Canadian version lacking essential features ...

RBC Royal Bank
I'm using Money 2006 (v15.0.80.513) and I can't seem to find Royal Bank as an available Financial Institution that supports Money 2006. How do I add RBC to do the auto updates? ...

Confused by File Extension
I plan to move data from XP OL2003 to Win7x64 OL2007. I have found an Office Data File on the XP at ...\Microsoft\Office named Outlook.NK2 that is 788 KB in size. There is no file in the folder with the extension .pst. There are .xrs .xml outcmd.dat and OutLPrnt files in the folder. When I search C:\ including hidden files for any .pst file the result points to the same location and name but now the size is 87,313 KB. Is/are these the same file? No. The PST file is your data file. The NK2 files is your autocompletion cache. -- Russ Valentine "Irish" <Ir...

using Money with Royal Bank of Canada
Just wondering if there are any Canadian users of Money 2004 out there. Within Money 2004, I'm trying to find a way to download my Royal Bank account information, but I don't see it listed. This seems very odd to me as both Royal Bank's and Microsoft's websites mention how they support each other. As well, I see many other smaller Canadian banks--TD, CIBC, even President's Choice! How can Money not support the biggest bank in the country?? -Jonathan It is all up to the bank. Cindy Hi Jonathan I asked this question at RBC and got the following response: We are...