Row height - automatic adjustment

Hi all,

Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display all 
the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?

I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the 
contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row height to 
display all the lines of wrapped text.

I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the 
b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than one 
line of text.

Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.

Regards ..... Ben 


0
tempemail (4)
9/6/2004 8:19:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
618 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
Are your cells merged?

BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment is
suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.

You can reset it by,
<Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
-- 
HTH,

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display all
> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>
> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the
> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row height
to
> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>
> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the
> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than
one
> line of text.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>
> Regards ..... Ben
>
>

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
9/6/2004 8:56:38 PM
Hi RD,

Thanks for the feedback.

What I would really like know is whether there is a setting in Excel 2003, 
that would automatically perform  the <Format> <Row> <AutoFit> sequence of 
commands automatically as you enter the text into the cell without you 
having to select the individual cell or row manually.

Regards ..... Ben

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:uQX4DQFlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
> Are your cells merged?
>
> BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment is
> suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.
>
> You can reset it by,
> <Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
> -- 
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display all
>> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>>
>> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the
>> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row height
> to
>> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>>
>> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the
>> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than
> one
>> line of text.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>>
>> Regards ..... Ben
>>
>>
> 


0
tempemail (4)
9/6/2004 9:54:38 PM
Ben

Not really.

You could format the entire worksheet or a range of rows/cells.

Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.

Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text>OK

Format>Row>Autofit.

You could set up a SHEET.xlt template so all new worksheets are set this way.

You could also use worksheet event code to isolate the action to a certain
range of rows/cells.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:54:38 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Hi RD,
>
>Thanks for the feedback.
>
>What I would really like know is whether there is a setting in Excel 2003, 
>that would automatically perform  the <Format> <Row> <AutoFit> sequence of 
>commands automatically as you enter the text into the cell without you 
>having to select the individual cell or row manually.
>
>Regards ..... Ben
>
>"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
>news:uQX4DQFlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
>> Are your cells merged?
>>
>> BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment is
>> suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.
>>
>> You can reset it by,
>> <Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
>> -- 
>> HTH,
>>
>> RD
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display all
>>> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>>>
>>> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the
>>> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row height
>> to
>>> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>>>
>>> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the
>>> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than
>> one
>>> line of text.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>>>
>>> Regards ..... Ben
>>>
>>>
>> 
>

0
Gord
9/6/2004 10:33:15 PM
Hi Gord,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think the "worksheet event code" sounds like it may be the best solution.
How would i go about setting up this event code. Excuse my lack of knowledge 
in this area but is an event code the same as a "macro", which i believe 
would still have to be run after the text has been input into the cell, or 
something that would run automatically as soon as the text has been entered 
into the cell.

I have done a quick search, not an extensive search, in the Excel "Help" 
section and not found too much info on event codes.

Please could you point me in the right direction to enable me to try this 
solution.

Regards ...... Ben

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message 
news:msopj0hgkvauujcu2j9agf3n5tebc1be7s@4ax.com...
> Ben
>
> Not really.
>
> You could format the entire worksheet or a range of rows/cells.
>
> Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.
>
> Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text>OK
>
> Format>Row>Autofit.
>
> You could set up a SHEET.xlt template so all new worksheets are set this 
> way.
>
> You could also use worksheet event code to isolate the action to a certain
> range of rows/cells.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:54:38 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi RD,
>>
>>Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>What I would really like know is whether there is a setting in Excel 2003,
>>that would automatically perform  the <Format> <Row> <AutoFit> sequence of
>>commands automatically as you enter the text into the cell without you
>>having to select the individual cell or row manually.
>>
>>Regards ..... Ben
>>
>>"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>>news:uQX4DQFlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
>>> Are your cells merged?
>>>
>>> BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment is
>>> suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.
>>>
>>> You can reset it by,
>>> <Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
>>> -- 
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> RD
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit 
>>> !
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>> news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display 
>>>> all
>>>> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>>>>
>>>> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the
>>>> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row 
>>>> height
>>> to
>>>> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>>>>
>>>> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the
>>>> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than
>>> one
>>>> line of text.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>>>>
>>>> Regards ..... Ben
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
tempemail (4)
9/6/2004 11:02:25 PM
Ben

The code is invoked on leaving the cell after making an entry.

You do not run it from a button.

See David McRitchie's site for info on event code.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm

Note the "Autofit" code part way down under "adjust row height automatically"

See also Chip Pearson's site for info on event code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm

Gord

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:02:25 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Hi Gord,
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>I think the "worksheet event code" sounds like it may be the best solution.
>How would i go about setting up this event code. Excuse my lack of knowledge 
>in this area but is an event code the same as a "macro", which i believe 
>would still have to be run after the text has been input into the cell, or 
>something that would run automatically as soon as the text has been entered 
>into the cell.
>
>I have done a quick search, not an extensive search, in the Excel "Help" 
>section and not found too much info on event codes.
>
>Please could you point me in the right direction to enable me to try this 
>solution.
>
>Regards ...... Ben
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message 
>news:msopj0hgkvauujcu2j9agf3n5tebc1be7s@4ax.com...
>> Ben
>>
>> Not really.
>>
>> You could format the entire worksheet or a range of rows/cells.
>>
>> Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.
>>
>> Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text>OK
>>
>> Format>Row>Autofit.
>>
>> You could set up a SHEET.xlt template so all new worksheets are set this 
>> way.
>>
>> You could also use worksheet event code to isolate the action to a certain
>> range of rows/cells.
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:54:38 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi RD,
>>>
>>>Thanks for the feedback.
>>>
>>>What I would really like know is whether there is a setting in Excel 2003,
>>>that would automatically perform  the <Format> <Row> <AutoFit> sequence of
>>>commands automatically as you enter the text into the cell without you
>>>having to select the individual cell or row manually.
>>>
>>>Regards ..... Ben
>>>
>>>"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>>>news:uQX4DQFlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>> Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
>>>> Are your cells merged?
>>>>
>>>> BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment is
>>>> suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.
>>>>
>>>> You can reset it by,
>>>> <Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
>>>> -- 
>>>> HTH,
>>>>
>>>> RD
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit 
>>>> !
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>>> news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>
>>>>> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display 
>>>>> all
>>>>> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>>>>>
>>>>> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format the
>>>>> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row 
>>>>> height
>>>> to
>>>>> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in the
>>>>> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more than
>>>> one
>>>>> line of text.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards ..... Ben
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> 
>

0
Gord
9/6/2004 11:57:58 PM
Hi Gord,

Thanks for the links.

Regards .... Ben
"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message 
news:t1upj0pv5hkb489kd0j437vl7aat1cgpip@4ax.com...
> Ben
>
> The code is invoked on leaving the cell after making an entry.
>
> You do not run it from a button.
>
> See David McRitchie's site for info on event code.
>
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm
>
> Note the "Autofit" code part way down under "adjust row height 
> automatically"
>
> See also Chip Pearson's site for info on event code.
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm
>
> Gord
>
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:02:25 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi Gord,
>>
>>Thanks for your suggestions.
>>
>>I think the "worksheet event code" sounds like it may be the best 
>>solution.
>>How would i go about setting up this event code. Excuse my lack of 
>>knowledge
>>in this area but is an event code the same as a "macro", which i believe
>>would still have to be run after the text has been input into the cell, or
>>something that would run automatically as soon as the text has been 
>>entered
>>into the cell.
>>
>>I have done a quick search, not an extensive search, in the Excel "Help"
>>section and not found too much info on event codes.
>>
>>Please could you point me in the right direction to enable me to try this
>>solution.
>>
>>Regards ...... Ben
>>
>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>news:msopj0hgkvauujcu2j9agf3n5tebc1be7s@4ax.com...
>>> Ben
>>>
>>> Not really.
>>>
>>> You could format the entire worksheet or a range of rows/cells.
>>>
>>> Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.
>>>
>>> Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text>OK
>>>
>>> Format>Row>Autofit.
>>>
>>> You could set up a SHEET.xlt template so all new worksheets are set this
>>> way.
>>>
>>> You could also use worksheet event code to isolate the action to a 
>>> certain
>>> range of rows/cells.
>>>
>>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>>
>>> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:54:38 GMT, "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hi RD,
>>>>
>>>>Thanks for the feedback.
>>>>
>>>>What I would really like know is whether there is a setting in Excel 
>>>>2003,
>>>>that would automatically perform  the <Format> <Row> <AutoFit> sequence 
>>>>of
>>>>commands automatically as you enter the text into the cell without you
>>>>having to select the individual cell or row manually.
>>>>
>>>>Regards ..... Ben
>>>>
>>>>"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:uQX4DQFlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Doesn't work on "Merged Cells".
>>>>> Are your cells merged?
>>>>>
>>>>> BTW, once you *manually* adjust the row height, automatic adjustment 
>>>>> is
>>>>> suspended, even if the cells are *not* merged.
>>>>>
>>>>> You can reset it by,
>>>>> <Format> <Row> <AutoFit>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> HTH,
>>>>>
>>>>> RD
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may 
>>>>> benefit
>>>>> !
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> "Benelly" <tempemail@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>>>> news:rD3%c.315557$M95.238297@pd7tw1no...
>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is there a way to have the row height adjust automatically to display
>>>>>> all
>>>>>> the lines of text that may be in a particular cell ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have "WRAP TEXT" selected from the Alignment menu when you format 
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> contents of a cell but this does not automatically adjust the row
>>>>>> height
>>>>> to
>>>>>> display all the lines of wrapped text.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have been adjusting the row height manually and this is a pain in 
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> b...... when you have to do this each time your cell contains more 
>>>>>> than
>>>>> one
>>>>>> line of text.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks in advance for any info that you can share with me.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards ..... Ben
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
tempemail (4)
9/7/2004 12:39:16 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

KB 872364 How to Create Additional Fiscal Period for Adjusting Ent
Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries?? I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted, only Period 14 was open.) Don't know if I'm doing something out of order. Thanks. Hi Yuen I am on GP ver 10 sp 3 and I kinda used that KB article to test it all and this is what I found. I was able to drive my entries into my prd ...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid
Hello, I am currently working with Visual Studio 2008 and asp.net 3.0 I have the following question I hope that someone can help me with: 1) I have a GridView with rows that I read from a database. 2) The user can select a row from the grid, which fires the event: protected void MyGrid_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { <update text field on form> <call client javascript function> } 3) I have the <update text field on form> portion of the routine working, but need to call the <cal...

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

Row and columns
In excel my rows are numbered 1 through XXX and my columns are also numbered 1 through XXX. On my other computers using the same current version of Excel the columns are identified using Alpha A,B,C,D etc. Anyone know how to change the columns to Alpha v.s. numbers? Joe, tools, optins, general, and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12
I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12? Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3, that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C968CA9B-35A3-427E-993C-D36F3B6D37B7@microsoft.com... >I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row >12? Hi, To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes Mike "Lori Broo...

Renaming catalogs/rows/trees in FRX
Hello - Does anyone know why the Rename option in FRX is greyed out. I have used this before to rename existing catalogs/rows/columns. We are on FRX 6.7. Thanks. Marisol ...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Adjusting one data set based another
I'd like to compare two sets and report a result that shows how one data set would plot if related to the other set (sorry, I know that's poorly worded). Here's an example: Sample #1 Sample #2 25% 0.26 25% 0.264 30% 0.31 30% 0.317 35% 0.36 35% 0.365 40% 0.41 40% 0.426 45% 0.45 45% 0.5 50% 0.51 50% 0.569 55% 0.56 55% 0.644 60% 0.62 60% 0.72 65% 0.69 65% 0.779 70% 0.75 70% 0.835 75% 0.84 75% 0.901 80% 0.93 80% 0.968 85% 1.03 85% 1.049 90% 1.12 90% 1.108 95% 1.24 95% 1.194 100% 1.4 100% 1.242 So, in the above data for example, at 50%, sample #1 reports 0.51 in sa...

Delete all rows except...
I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column A cells: AWH98228 and AWL99467 Can anyone offer help? Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveRows() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Calculation = xlCalculationManual End With LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1 If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _ And Range("A" & r).Value <> &quo...

Copy and paste to the last row
Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. and Paste the row down. Example, my last row of A is A120, copy cell A120:C120. then Past to A121 Thanks so much hi if i understand correctly, this should work for you.... Sub movedownone() Dim r As Range Set r = Range("A65000").End(xlUp) r.Resize(1, 3).Copy Destination:= _ r.Offset(1, 0) End Sub regards FSt1 "tran1728" wrote: > Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. > I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. > and Paste the row down. > > Exam...

Hide Rows and Columns based on Date Input
Dates are listed in Column A, starting from Cell A3, and data appears in the corresponding rows (across the page). Not every cell has data in for the corresponding date. For example: The date in cell A5 may have data in Cell B5, E5 & G5. I would like to enter a date (using a command button and input box), this will then hide all rows, except for the row which relates to the date that has been entered. At the same time I would like it hide all columns that do not have data in for the given date. .... carrying on from example above. If the user entered the date that appeared in cell A5...

non scrolling angled row
I have seen this many times, but am unfamiliar with how to make it work I wanting to angle a top row with headings at -45 degree angle. No only the text, but the cells also. I would then like for that row no to scroll. I only want the date below to scroll. Any help is appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't actually change the angle of cells. However, if you set the text angle to -45 degrees and apply a border to the cells, the border will also angle, so perhaps that's what you remember. For freezing that row, see Freeze Panes in XL Help. In art...

Add a button to CRM Grid row
Hi, In MSCRM , Service Request details are displayed in the grid. I need to place a delete button on each grid item and that need to be enabled or disabled based on specific business rules. How can I achieve this? Do I need to extend the grid funcionality? or any other sugessions. Reply to this message is well appriciated. Regards Gopal There's no supported or practical way to modify the grid functionality as you want. C360 (www.c360.com) have a record editor that might work as a starting point, but I'd be surprised if they let you injet your business rules. So, that essenti...

Row numbers #2
I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish to print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings? Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or something else? ----------------- Scott You can only disable printing column *and* row headings. <File> <PageSetup> <Sheet> tab, Make sure "column & row headings" is *unchecked*. Then, you can number your first column to mirror the row numbers, and that will give the impression of displaying and printing the row headers. You could e...