Row Height #3

I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information
to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text
added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and
cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go
any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings?
0
Chantel (5)
6/16/2005 11:38:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able
to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back.

Try adding them every 80-100 characters.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Cell height is given in points and 171 is over 14 inches. A normal size
printout won't fit on one sheet for this cell.

Bill

"Chantel" <Chantel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more
information
to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of
text
added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore,
and
cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't
go
any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings?

0
bsharpe (111)

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

we have version 1.3.1002 and no maint. plan
Hello again: We purchased this verison early last year because of a discount offered. now we are finally installing it and need to know if the (known) issues with this release warrant not switching over from QS2000. Are the issues severe enough that you would not implement - i.e. are any there data integity issues with this version? That would be our biggest fear... In an earlier post I mentioned one problem we experienced in the SO Manager ending after a popup error. But everything appears to be functioning... I know that we should purchase the later release and support fo...

Count / Frequency #3
Hi Aladin, Thank you for assistance and Formulas. Tin´┐Ż Aladin Akyurek Wrote: > What follows is a bit heavy... > > In B5 enter & copy down: > > =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$5:A5,ROW($A$5:A5)-MIN(ROW($A$5:A5)),,1)),--($A$5:A5=A5)) > > In A3 enter: > > =IF(SUBTOTAL(3,A5:A16)<>COUNTA(A5:A16),MAX(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A5:A16,ROW(A5:A16)-MIN(ROW(A5:A16)),,1)),B5:B16)),"") > > which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter instead of just with > enter. > > Note 1. I used a bit larger range than your sample range for testing...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

Resources #3
We recently upgraded from 5.5 to 2003, Before the upgrade, Resources used to forward, appointments to another users mailbox, (Very useful as some required the ordering of refreshments etc), however now the only way to acheive this appears to be to turn off, the automatic acceptance, which defeats the idea of Resources, as two people can then try to book the same resource twice at the same time. http://www.swinc.erm -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dave Cooper" <dave.cooper@instem-lss.com> wrote in message news:uVq...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

How do you close a CRM 3.0 Service Ticket?
We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in CRM 3.0? While inside the case record, from the actions menu, select resolve case or cancel case. "DeWayne" wrote: > We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to > be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in > CRM 3.0? I figured it out just moments before reading your post, but thanks for the help anyway. "Jason Lattimer" wrote: > ...

Profiles #3
i restored my home pc last nite and i cant remember how i set up profiles i am using xp operating system the directions say to go to control panel and double click the mail icon but i cant seem to find it i dont think this is where i did it before please help Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i restored my home pc last nite and i cant remember how i > set up profiles i am using xp operating system the > directions say to go to control panel and double click the > mail icon but i cant seem to find it i dont think > this is whe...

upgrade to 3.0
i am running the crm upgrade now. cany anyone tell me about how long this takes? it has been on Microsoft.crm.server.setup.GrantAccesstoExchangeMailRootAction for about an hour. there are no error messages, but the blue bars don't appear to be moving. I don't want to cancel if it really takes this long. This is the slowest response board ever. I'm not sure how long it takes but I hope it finishes before someone responds with a real answer(which usually takes 24hrs or more)... "wendileigh" wrote: > i am running the crm upgrade now. cany anyone tell me abo...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Web Query #3
Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in web query? In other words I want the next set of data to be written below the first set and continue as long as the data is refreshed while usning web query. I think you would need to copy the query info to another sheet and then amend below that on the next query. You can use a macro to make it automatic. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paulo" <PWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849301c495cb$dfb2c030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in...

Business Portal Installation Error #3
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, since we have Great Plains 7.5. But I am getting a strange error which is "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data". What could be the problem? Thanks in advance,,, Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect data in the DB_Upgrade table. If the version information in this table is incorrect, you will see this error. Thanks, -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided &q...

11.3.0 Update
I try to install the Office 11.3.0 update and get a message saying: "The installer cannot locate the correct version of the software required to instal this update". I am running Mac OSX 10.4.8, and all other Office updates have istalled without any dramas. Have run Repair Disk Permissions. Any hints? domvilla@bigpond.net.au wrote: > I try to install the Office 11.3.0 update and get a message saying: > "The installer cannot locate the correct version of the software > required to instal this update". I am running Mac OSX 10.4.8, and all > other Office upd...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

email problem #3
when i receive new email from outlook 2003, it goes directly to deleted folder.....ty See if you are filtering your e-mail or if you have the spam protection/Junk mail on. If so turn it off. >-----Original Message----- >when i receive new email from outlook 2003, it goes >directly to deleted folder.....ty >. > ...

Row and columns
In excel my rows are numbered 1 through XXX and my columns are also numbered 1 through XXX. On my other computers using the same current version of Excel the columns are identified using Alpha A,B,C,D etc. Anyone know how to change the columns to Alpha v.s. numbers? Joe, tools, optins, general, and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12
I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12? Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3, that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C968CA9B-35A3-427E-993C-D36F3B6D37B7@microsoft.com... >I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row >12? Hi, To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes Mike "Lori Broo...