rotation

Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
Thanks

0
mireillea (8)
7/9/2004 9:31:50 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation

"mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message
> Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
> Thanks

0
jee22 (44)
7/8/2004 12:10:55 PM
Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message
> Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
> Thanks

0
Don
7/8/2004 10:26:45 PM
Except for the limit of 90 degrees this would be a great idea.

Do you really want it to be rotated 180 degrees?

This would turn the text upsidedown.

Perhaps you mean reverse the order of the text in the cell?

This UDF will do that.

Public Function RevStr(rng As Range)
        RevStr = StrReverse(rng.text)
End Function

If you wish the true 180 degrees, I would suggest a drawing program then
insert the graphic into Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:10:55 +0100, "jee22" <jee22@msm.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation
>

>"mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message
>> Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
>> Thanks

0
Gord
7/8/2004 11:17:36 PM
One way:

Choose Tools/Customize/Toolbars and drag the Camera control to a
convenient toolbar.

Select the cell(s) to be rotated 180 degrees.

Click on the camera control, then drag on the sheet to create a linked
picture.

Using the picture toolbar, rotate the picture 180 degrees.

Position the picture over your cell(s).

In article <e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
 "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote:

> Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/8/2004 11:33:16 PM
Same as JE's but without having to get the icon, simply copy the cell(s) you
require, hold down Shift and then choose Edit / Paste / Picture link.  Then just
rotate using the Draw toolbar.  Data stays linked and will update when the
source cells change.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message
> Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees?
> Thanks

---

ken.wright (2489)

rotation
Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message new...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>, "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

Text Rotation
Hi, In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape Outline/Fill and will be able to rot...

rotate a sheet on its axis
255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns. Thank You On Jan 15, 12:30=A0pm, sramsey <sram...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 255 columns is not enough for me. =A0I'm wondering if there is a way to r= otate > my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns. > > Thank You Copy all your data then Paste Special (with the option transpose checked). It will do exactly what you need. Copy, then right-click, paste special, t...

rotating grid
Is it possible to rotate the grid by 30 degrees? ...

screen rotation
My grandson was rotating the screen on my laptop as a joke. Now every time I restart or awaken the computer the screen is rotated and proceeds to automatically correct itself. It did not do this originally. I tried removing the battery to clear the memory but this didn't work. Any suggestions? -- gerush ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gerush's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166329.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1285079.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hi Gerush, If it's I...

window rotation
Hi all, I am trying to do a floor plan and I have an issue with windows and doors. I have two walls which have a window in between. I put the window in and it auto rotates 90 degrees for some reason. Even if I: pull the walls away from the plan, place the window between them, group the three items, protect it from rotation and x, y changes, set it's placement to not auto place, turn off glue for everything except connectors, move the connector to the left (or right) The result is the same: The Window object will seem to ungroup itself and rotate as soon as the whole group goes near the...

Rotate shapes
Is there a way to rotate smaller shapes inside a larger shape along with the larger shape when it is rotated? I want to turn a rectangular form 90 degrees to add additional shapes, text, and I want all additions, text previously added to the form to rotate too. Thanks. jh John, just group all shapes, then rotate. Or do you want to rotate each shape separately? Frank W. John Hood <jhood@noln.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: #tEufwi4FHA.252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to rotate smaller shapes inside a larger shape along with the > larger shape when it is rotate...

Rotate excel object
Is it only me or?? Try: Insert "office excel 97-2003 worksheet" object Type in data rotate 90 degrees save document and exit publisher open and edit worksheet Now why is the text style so bad If you rotate back is is ok but you cannot rotate to 90 degrees again. I use Publisher 2007 The font does look bad, but it prints okay. I changed the font to Arial, helped some. You might experiment with different fonts. I can re-rotate the worksheet in Publisher. Right-click, format object, size tab. Use this dialogue to rotate. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Anders...

Rotated fonts
I want a custom control that display text upside down. So I have subclassed a CStatic control and in the OnPaint and in a first step I just want to display text (not rotated), void CMyStatic::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting HFONT hfnt, hfntPrev; RECT rc; CDC dcMem; TCHAR* lpszRotate = _T("String to be rotated."); dcMem.CreateCompatibleDC( &dc ); // Allocate memory for a LOGFONT structure. PLOGFONT plf = (PLOGFONT) LocalAlloc(LPTR, sizeof(LOGFONT)); // Specify a font typeface name and weight. _tcscpy(plf->lfFaceName, _T("Arial&q...

Rotating Output to Printer
usine Word 2003 and Dell Color Laser Jet 5110cn; when I define a custom paper size and print out document (an A2 notecard) in the MPF tray, the output is 90 degrees off. it prints as if it is still trying to print on an 8.5x11 piece of paper. Is there a way to "rotate" the output of the document, either before or after it goes to the printer. I know that there is a rotate button on Publisher. Please help. thanks in advance. Most printer drivers are poor when it comes to setting custom paper sizes. You may be able to define a custom paper size from Printers & Fa...

Page rotation
How to rotate page to some angle in Visio 2003. In Visio 2002 it's simple. How to do it in Visio 2003? They delete this function? -- Microsoft Visio site - prodigitall.narod.ru Hold down the CTRL key, move mouse to top right of page. When the cursor changes, move to suit. (If you move the mouse closer to the bottom left of the page, then the angle step will increae - move further away, then the angle step will decrease) "Digitall" <digitall@mail.ru> wrote in message news:OGAD%23FSOFHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How to rotate page to some angle in Visio 2003. ...

rotate a label?
Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ? I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate some labels on the report. Thanks for any suggestions. Hi, open report in design view and for desired label set it vertical property to Yes -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169635DD-EAFF-4151-AE42-40F062A58987@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to rotate a label (with text) ? > I have a quite complex report and I need to rotate som...

rotating email recipients in list
Is there a way to setup a distribution list or some other group that the users will be in a rotation to receive the email sent to the group?? We use exchange 5.5 on a 2k box...visitors to our website would fill out a form that is then emailed to a distrobution list name. In this distrobution list are three emails. Each time the form is filled out and sent it would send to one of the emails on the list (this would rotate or cycle each time the form is filled out)...is this possible?...thanks David There is not builtin functionality to do this. You would need to write a custom event sink. -- ...

text rotation
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? Didn't you post this a week ago!!! Here are the answers from the last post you had You won't be able to do this with an edit control, but you can do it with a static control. Dervie a class from a CStatic class, ta...

rotate page
Received a pub file that is vertical on the page. I cannot rotate the page so am unable to read, or edit. Using Publisher 2002. Thanks, Patty What happens when you try to open the file? If you are able to do so, have you tried rotating the individual elements? -- Ron Cohen "Patty Tappan" <patty1@qwest.net> wrote in message news:WNNVd.36$0f7.1415@news.uswest.net... > Received a pub file that is vertical on the page. I cannot rotate the > page > so am unable to read, or edit. Using Publisher 2002. > Thanks, Patty > > "Patty Tappan" <...

DPM managing tapes rotation is not clear 12-09-09
Hello forum, I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader. I have trouble when changing new tapes. Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the new tapes status. According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point. Even though, I went through http://technet.microsoft.com/...

Can't rotate text in graph
I have a pivot graph that has 2 levels on the x axis. One is date and one is subject. I'm trying to rotate the text so that it displays the text properly as it's a big graph, but it only rotates one set of the data. The date is left horizontal, out of line and is illegible. I've tried making the graph bigger but it makes no difference. Any ideas? Thanks in advance:) ...

Rotating Text
Using the device context, how can I rotate text? (its for the y axis on a graph) See if the following KB article offers any help http://support.microsoft.com/?id=154515 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7C6EEB-2CDC-4EB8-B48D-509041C43593@microsoft.com... > Using the device context, how can I rotate text? > > (its for the y axis on a graph) > Chris Baker wrote: > Using the device context, how can I rotate text? > > (its for the ...

Rotate text 180 degrees on tabbed dividers
In Word 2003, I have set up a template for printing tabbed dividers. However, even if I insert a text box, the text will not rotate more than 90 degrees. I need the text to rotate 180 degrees so the tab text will face the outside, not the inside. See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. J @ Sammons wrote: > In Word 2003, I have set up a template for printing tabbed dividers. > However, even if...

Rotate Screen
I am displaying stuff on a second monitor. Is there any straight forward way to rotate it - ie show it in portrait instead of landscape ? Use the display adapter properties in control panel and rotate it. I was thinking it had to be done programatically (can it?) but this solution suits me. Ian Semmel wrote: > I am displaying stuff on a second monitor. > > Is there any straight forward way to rotate it - ie show it in portrait > instead of landscape ? "Ian Semmel" <isemmelNOJUNK@NOKUNKrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:#0RY67jKJHA.3744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx...

Rotate image
Hi How i cant to rotate my image which placed in memory dc on 90 degrees???? Thank. "max" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ac501c3b59a$619c4c50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > How i cant to rotate my image which placed in memory dc on > 90 degrees???? > Thank. Check out the PlgBlt function in MSDN this should help. Chris ...

Display Rotation
I'm developing an application in Visual C++.NET and want to rotate the screen. I know there is an option with the DISPLAY_DEVICE object to change the orientation, but this is Windows XP compatible only, does anyone know of a way to rotate the screen in WIndows 2000. ...

Rotate Row of Numbers to Column of Numbers
I need to take a row of numbers and rotate the row 90 degrees to make column of numbers. Why ? Because SAP makes me have to do it unless I want to FF the dat in -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - select your row and copy it - select the target cell and goto 'Edit - Paste Special'. choose 'Transpose' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to take a row of numbers and rotate the row 90 degrees to make > a column of numbers. > Why ? Because SAP makes me have to do it unless I want to FF the data > in. > > > --- &g...

rotate problem
Have I got a virus on both my machines, or has everybody's Vista rotating circle hourglass cursor stopped rotating? Or should I just be glad that Micro$oft's inability to produce a secure operating system has caused Vista to start to lose its childish cartoon behaviour ;-) Mike "Mike Williams" <Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote in message news:esIGhtZtKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Have I got a virus on both my machines, or has everybody's Vista rotating > circle hourglass cursor stopped rotating? Or should I just be glad that > Mi...