rotate rows and columns in a spreadsheet

Hey,

I have a very large spreadsheet.   I want to rotate all the data in it
90 degrees, as in, I want row 1 to become the 60th column, and row 2 to
be the 59th column, etc... all the way to the last row becoming the
first column...

Is there an easy  way to do this?

0
juicymixx (2)
6/28/2005 6:33:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Copy the range, pasespecial transpose values, then above the range put the numbers 1 to 60, then
sort the whole table horizontally based on that first row.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

<juicymixx@mailinator.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> I have a very large spreadsheet.   I want to rotate all the data in it
> 90 degrees, as in, I want row 1 to become the 60th column, and row 2 to
> be the 59th column, etc... all the way to the last row becoming the
> first column...
>
> Is there an easy  way to do this?

0
Bernie
6/28/2005 7:03:12 PM
Hi Juicy.  Use a helper column and fill from row 1 to 60 with
60,59,58....3,2,1 and then sort ascending to reverse your rows.  Then select
the data, copy, select a blank worksheet, put the cursor in A1 and Edit,
Paste Special, Transpose.  HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"juicymixx@mailinator.com" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a very large spreadsheet.   I want to rotate all the data in it
> 90 degrees, as in, I want row 1 to become the 60th column, and row 2 to
> be the 59th column, etc... all the way to the last row becoming the
> first column...
>
> Is there an easy  way to do this?

0
Michael5492 (655)

rotation
Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message new...

Activity customizing has only few columns
I've found activity view that can be customized at http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903} but there are only few columns to be added or removed. Can it, for example, 'To recipients' column be added. I've seen somewhere on this newsgroup that someone claimed that it can be done. I agree on that but I can't find out the way. Has someone done it and how? Domagoj Hi Domagoj, we have a process for manually modifying queries to include non-standard fields. Unfortunately, recipients are stored separately from the activities...

Transfer data from Excel col. A to multiple columns in the same sh
A Excel 2003 spreadsheet has only one column of player data: column A. The first three data items in column A are the same for every player: Name, Address and Phone. Every player also has at least one comment but could have any number of comments. Each player’s data is separated from the next by a blank cell in column A. Sometimes, a player’s last comment is blank resulting in two blank cells in column A before the data for the next player. I need an Excel 2003 VBA macro to: 1. Copy just the player’s name, but not the Name: label, to column B as shown. 2. Copy just the addre...

formula to add hours > 9/weekday & 4.5/w/e / 7day week columns
Can anyone tell me the formula to add hours > 9/weekday & 4.5/sat & all hours worked sunday. 7 columns starting wed finishing Tues. Cheers Bridget Clear questions get quick answers. Lack of an answer means your question is not clear. To add hours, use the Time function, as in: =a1+time(9,0,0) If you need something else, post back with more detail, especially an example of what you want to achieve. Fred "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F6EA032-7D91-48FF-9C88-025865F11D48@microsoft.com... > Can anyone t...

Limiting rows & columns
What's the VB code for restricting the rows and columns on a worksheet -- k48 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- k483's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26296 Hi what do you mean with restricting? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany k483 wrote: > What's the VB code for restricting the rows and columns on a > worksheet? K483 Try something like Sub RestrictMovement() Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = &qu...

create a data-series based on two different columns of data ?
I need to create a chart (line chart) data series, but based on two different columns of data... Is this possible ? I assume that what you want is one chart data series for two discontinous worksheet series. one method to do this is to plot the first series. with the chart active goto <chart><source data><Series> in the values box afer the listing add a comma and use your curser to select the rest of the data you want to plaot as part of hat series. "Derrick" wrote: > I need to create a chart (line chart) data series, but based on two different > c...

How can I highlight duplicates from 2 rows using set criteria
Basically I have a list of people from A2:A1475 who report into people in N2:N1475. I need to highlight everyone in column A who is duplicated in column N but do not report into themselves, so when row A and N don't match. I'm guessing I have to use conditional formatting but I really need help with it. Many thanks in advance Sam.D Maybe this suffices Select A2:A1475 (A2 active), then apply CF using Formula Is: =COUNTIF($N:$N,A2) Format to taste, ok out -- Max Singapore --- "Sam.D" wrote: > Basically I have a list of people from A2:A1475 w...

Column sorting incorrectly
I have a column containing numbers 1-40. I made sure the format of these cells is "Number" then I sorted my spreadsheet in ascending order. The strange thing is, the order is correct except that 19, 35, 36, 38, 39 appear after 40. Why is this happening? Are you absolutely sure of the format? Sounds like the errant values are text. Also, are the rows contiguous (i.e. no breaks)? If there is an empty row and you click sort it will select the current region which is determined by where xl finds blank rows and columns. To be sure, select the values and then sort. HTH -- Regards;...

Printing selected rows #2
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with ~40,000 rows. I only want to prin rows in which there is a value in Column A. Is there a way to do thi without having to do sort first? I do not want to change the format o the document. Thanks for any help -- maacmaa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maacmaac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49184 Select column A. data|filter|Autofilter filter to show non-blanks Print your stuff data|filter|show all ...

Automating row grouping for 1200 rows
Hi all, I'm new to excel, so need some help with this. I have a total of 1200 rows with 10 data items in each row. I need to group these rows into sets of 2's (1 and 2; 3 and 4; 5 and 6...) and obtain the average of each of these row combinations. Then I need to repeat the same procedure for 3 rows at a time. What is the best way to go about doing this? TIA, Jayant Hi you could use a helper column with a formula like =INT((ROW()-1)/2)+1 and copy this down After this you could for example create a pivot table or use an array formula like =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B1200=1),A1:A1200)) for the fir...

How to remove row gaps in report ?
Helo, I have problem in report !!!! I think it can be resolve by NZ Or Nul Expression but I don't know how? Problem is_ On report in Detail sec I have 6 rows of controls which refers to tables. But some time I don't have record in some of the fields. When I print report there are gaps btween row which is not acceptable. So how can I remove this gap when there is no record ? Andy Karl Is there any other way like Using Chr(13) & Chr(10)? Cuz I read about this in this Discussion group But I don't understood it !!!! Thanks "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > You can stac...

Chart for hidden rows?
I am feeling some trouble! I have a Bar Graph based on a data table based on Subtotals & Grouping! Whenever the first level of Grand Total is selected the chart's bars vanish! Any idea how to overcome this problem. Thanx in advance! -- Best Regards, FARAZ A. QURESHI Hi, Select the chart and then use the menus Tools > Options > Chart Uncheck 'Plot visible cells only' Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "FARAZ QURESHI" <FARAZQURESHI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FD6941-778C-40B2-8A5D-7D...

Moving Column Sums to Rows
What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? What is the simplest way of converting simultaneously such values to ($a$1:$a$100) etc.? I could only find a slow and clumsy method by putting the formula in a row, right dragging, then using F4 on each individual cell before using paste special with transpose. Roger PB Hi Roger, > What is the simplest way to enter a sequence of values such as =SUM > (A1:A100),=SUM (B1:B100),=SUM (C1:C100), etc. into a COLUMN? > =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,0,ROW()-1,1,100...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>, "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

checking celll in column
Hi I need help I want to look for a cell in column if we find the cell in the column � the value of the cell� write 1 if not write 0 For example � I have A1 cell which have inside number I want to check if that number in the rang of C1;C100 if true 1 false 0 I do it like that =IF(C3=sheet1!C3:C16;1;0) but it doesn�t work cuz it check in all the column not cell by cell in the column Thnx -- withblue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ withblue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23767 View this thread: http:...

Text Rotation
Hi, In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape Outline/Fill and will be able to rot...

How to printout only selected rows and columns
Hi all. here's my problem: I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2, someotherstuff I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns (continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as prints. I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would appreciate your help !! TIA Gina Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet. You should see two options: "Rows to repeat at top" & "Columns to repeat...

How to subtract some rows from a range
I invoke the UsedRange and get the range as A14:B55 but I want to subtract the first 5 rows from this used range how can I remove the rows A14:B20 from the above range. Thanks Simon dim oUsed as range set oUsed=activesheet.usedrange set oUsed=oUsed.resize(oused.rows.count-5,2) set oUsed=oUsed.offset(5,0) regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm "Simon Lenn" <simonlenn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3641e2c2.0403050459.10e2faf9@posting.google.com... > I invoke the UsedRange and g...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Help with Macro looping thru columns
Below is the macro that I currently use and it works well Starting at column(i) it draws a graph with Y axis of column(i) and X axis of column(1) The macro starts of by declaring the value of i -------------------------------------------- Dim i As Integer i = 2 Do While (Not IsEmpty(ActiveSheet.Cells(2, i))) ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(i), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Sheet1!R2C1:R360C1" i = i + 1 Loop -------------------------------------------- I have a different data set now where I am in...

Moving rows to sequential position on another sheet
Do hope someone can help me with this. I am not sure whether a functio would do the job, or whether it requires a macro. I need to be able to have a button set up so that when a row has bee entered it can then be clicked on, and a copy of that row will be pu on another sheet. The rows on the second sheet should be in sequence order - latest last The row on the first sheet would be overwritten each time an entry wa required, and the second sheet would have a summary of all row entered. Hope that's clear, does *Offset* come into the solution somewhere -- Jenn ----------------------...

Do not show rows with no values in Pivot Table
How do I not display rows that have "0" values in a Pivot Table. I don't want the row to show at all. Thanks.... ...

Hiding rows #2
is there a way to hide rows if there is a zero in certain cells. ex A 1 12 2 0 3 11 4 3 5 0 rows 2 & 5 would hide and unhide if any number higher than 0 is entered later for those cells. The cells in column A are linked to another worksheet. Hi not bright You could try this: Right-click the tab of your sheet, click View Code and paste: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim c As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each c In Range("A2:A" & Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row) 'best method? ...

Pivot chart and Total row
Hi All I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However, there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns) When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart options but these are locked. I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy. Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann PS using excel 2003 ...

Unhide rows when cell is clicked
Hi everyone, Is it possible to unhide a selection of rows when you click on a cell. For example, if I had a cell that said "Fruit", and I clicked it, could it unhide 5 rows below that contained specifc types of fruit (ie apple, pear, orange etc). I am in the very beginning stages of understanding excel so any help would be greatly appreciated (but could it also be as straightforward as possible!! thank you!!!) Thanks! lauren lauren_roberts08 wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Is it possible to unhide a selection of rows when you click on a cell. > For example, if I had a cell...