Right column spilling onto 2nd page

I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my
version of excel.  The link to that file is:
http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm.  The vendor is not able to help
me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page.  There
are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second
page.  They claim each page is identical and it should not do that.  I'm
using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1

THANKS MUCH
Darrell Catmull
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

0
news3973 (1)
9/15/2003 1:37:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Darrell,
If the vendor can't tell you why this is happening you both must
be expecting fixed length data and columns.   Variations in
actual printer fonts distributed with an operating system or with
MS Office for use with specific printers could result in slight
variations.   You can change the margins or use
Fit to width  of 1 page.   Note the fit to height and to width are
two separate entities you do not have to use them both.
    File, Page Setup,  Margins
    File, Page Setup,  Page   -- fit to

You can select the column and change the alignment to
wrap text.     Format, Cells,  Alignment (tab),  wrap text

   on the same panel  you use   "Shrink to Fit"

---
HTH,

"Darrell in Utah" <news@utahhousevalues.com> wrote in message news:OlPu$54eDHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my
> version of excel.  The link to that file is:
> http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm.  The vendor is not able to help
> me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page.  There
> are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second
> page.  They claim each page is identical and it should not do that.  I'm
> using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1
>
> THANKS MUCH
> Darrell Catmull
> http://www.utahhousevalues.com

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Excel Column showing numeric
Question, I just installed Windows XP on my laptop. I subsequently re-installed Microsoft Office 2000 professional. The problem I am facing is both the row and column headers are numeric so I am unable to do any cell calculations. How do I get the column heading back to Alpha Characters instead of numerics? Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style BTW the R1C1 style works perfectly as well. -- Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "William Rulla" <bill_n_judy@msn.cm> wrote in message news:083e01c36dfd$9e753220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Question, I...

page numbers
How do we movethe page numbers to the side of the page "k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a701c3c323$b27c5430$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do we movethe page numbers to the side of the page Do you mean in the header/footer? If so, in View > Header and Footer > Custom header (or footer) there are 3 boxes for left, centre and right. ...

Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula?
Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula? The remaining ones do work, but these two are not getting the right results. Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" I'm trying to get both column G & H to show a combined value of data in other columns. Column G should show result by combining data from column E & B, while column H should show result by combining data from column F & C. Column G is showing: =RC[-2]&RC[-5] ...

Changing columns of data to rows
I'm sure theres a way of 'rotating' a column of data to become a row. Any ideas please? Mike Hi Mike Copy the cells in the Column Select a cell where you want to copy to Choose paste special...Transpose Remember Excel have 256 columns -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <Mike@doesntmatter.com> wrote in message news:bmtq06$1oa$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > I'm sure theres a way of 'rotating' a column of data to become a row. Any > ideas please? > > Mike > > > Brilliant. Than...

How to get XML file from web page
Hi, I am making my diploma project and I have following problem... I am programming in Visual studio ASP.NET using C#. I am using Visual Studio environment, so I am writing only handlers for buttons and other components. I would like to make that if user will click on button on my web page, he will have possibility to choose some file from his filesystem on his hard disk... And if there is also posibility if I can read that file as an XML document? Which components or objects shoud I use for these situations? Could you recommend me some web page with some examples of these? Thanks...

shortcut mouse right side key
the shortcut key on the right side no longer works in Excel. This is after installing a software inventory control in developed in Excel and removed for free on the Internet. Could anyone help me to run down the right side to link the mouse when using Excel? -- cslgh No menu when you right-click on a cell? Perhaps code from the inventory control program you installed disabled it. Alt + F11 to open VBE. View>Immediate Window. Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key. Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Alt + q to return to Excel.............

Hide page on tab control
Hello, Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user selects from a drop down box? Thanks in advance Martin You can use the following syntax to hide a page... Me.TabControl.Pages(0).Visible = False The index (0) of the pages starts at 0, you will need to enter the correct number for the position of the tab. Put that inside an If/Then condition that checks the status of your dropdown in it's AfterUpdate event. You will want to include this in the Forms Current even as well so it's toggled if the record changes. hth -- Jack...

Giving rights to a user's mailbox
I have a number of users that I have created in my Windows2003 domain that are giving me greif. I have been unable to assign permissions to their mailboxes to give other users the full mailbox right. When I go through the motions of giving the correct rights and then I try to open the mailbox in Outlook by telling it to open an aditional mailbox under the advanced tab I get an error of: Unable to expand the folder. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any ideas? Thanks Mike Aditional: This is Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have also tried creating a new profile with t...

Very Easy...Right?
How do I change an existing code from... mynum = Application.InputBox("Select Submission_ID") ....to mynum is located in cell A4 on sheet 1 (ie use the number already located in A4) with no InputBox I've tried.... mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(R4,C1) mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(4,1).Value mynum = Range("A4") I've even tried... Range("A4").Select mynum = ActiveCell I just don't know how to tell it to input the number already contained in A4 as the input for the already existing code. i'd use ...

Administrative rights
I'm fairly new to Exchange 2003. I have it running on Server 2000. (I inherited this setup.) I'm trying to enable another user to create IDs and have the AD automatically create the Exchange mailbox at the same time. Whenever they create a user, they are NOT prompted to create the Echange info. That form never appears. I thought the solution was to delegate control to them at the Administrative group level. I set up a group and given it View and Full control. I have set up the user specifically with View and Full Control. Nothing seems to allow him to create mailboxes. ...

Page limit #2
Is there a limit on the amount of pages in a publisher document? I need to produce a book but will be between 100 - 200 pages. You should be fine but I would strongly suggest you check to make sure your printer can accept Publisher files before starting a project that large. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:yknTk.70365$QF4.8177@newsfe13.ams2... > Is there a limit on the amount of pages in a publisher document? > I need to produce a ...

sorting two columns
Hi I would like to know if there is a way to sort two different culumn side by side. my problem is that in column one there is 8700 record and the second has 3700 records, what command can I use to make the second column records line up sid by side to the first column? Regards JD example: a b b d c e d -- jdimin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jdimino's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2951 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52525 ...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...

How do I set which columns are displayed in File:Open?
In Excel or Word, when I click the "Open" icon to open a file, the columns of properties that are displayed (filename, size, date etc.) are NOT the ones I want. Both programs show columns as if the files were MUSIC files: I get filename, size and type, but then Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, and Duration. I know I can right-click the headings and uncheck the ones I don't want and check the ones I do, but I have to do this EVERY TIME I launch the two programs. How can I set the defaults that I want so the right columns are displayed when I launch the program? T...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

RIGHT-Return 10th characters to right
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit in column B. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. =RIGHT(A1,10) Regards, Felipe >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in >column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit >in column B. > >Is there a way to do this? > >Thanks in advance. >. > Jh, =RIGHT(H8,LEN(H8)-9) Dan E "jh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cf01c398c6$e9f044d0$a5012...

Ranking Multiple Columns
Here is an example of a report I run every month, What I do is once I get the Data Listed Below, I add in the 1-5, 6-12, & the 13+ columns, Then I Sort the Data by RESPAR then by DAYS, then I manually Count the Days 1-5 to get a Count of Days between 0 & 5 days, then the same for 6-12 days & 13+ days. I do this by putting a 1 in the First record row with a 0 then hold down the Ctrl KEy and dragging till I reach a day of 6, then start that column over, going to 13. I have about 2000 or more records every month. Is there a formula I can use that will do this for me, with out ...

Execution time of several minutes
Hello group! A couple of weeks ago, Bob Phillips helped me with a function that rearranges and sorts my list of run times (for different courses when I've been out running). Now, I'm just wondering, is such a function supposed to take 3-4 minutes to execute (on a slow, 800MHz/384RAM (not the newer, faster type))? For each course that I've run (currently about 15 in the "course list"), the function runs through my list of runs (which consists of results from about 90 runs) so that the script can make a new listing of all runs, but this time grouped by course. Thereafter,...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

Public folder right is missing!
Hi ou there, Permissions on Public folder tree is missing, users with right to modify or edit folder content are dinied access to the folder tree where they have permission. I used pfdavadmin to see and edit the permission but still the right are not retained. Help! ...

How do you create an Outlook application object in my web page using VBscript?
How do you create an Outlook application object in my web page using VBscript? When I do the following code, I received an error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Outlook.Application' ". The same code runs fine in VB 6. Thank you. <script language="VBScript"> set objOLApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") </script> The error means that the user may have IE set not to allow scripting of items not marked safe for scripting. If your code is running on a page on a site in the Trusted Sites zone, it should work OK (but check t...

Customizing home page
Is it possible to customize data display for snippets (such as "Spending by category") that can be placed on the home page? I am talking about customizing what time period and what kind of data is displayed. Zooming in and changing the settings seems to work for some snippets (cash flow forecast, for example), but not for others - it doesnt work for "Spending by category". No matter what I set in details, the snippet on the home page always displays data for the last 30 days. If you know the way to customize it, or know that it is a known problem, please tell me the...

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...

In right scroll bar can you change the page # in view box to sect.
The scroll bar on the right show in the view box the page number and then text from the document, can you change what the view box shows from page number to sections? Sueann wrote: > The scroll bar on the right show in the view box the page number and > then text from the document, can you change what the view box shows > from page number to sections? No, there is no option to control that display. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benef...

Rights required to access Exchange 'Mailbox Rights' in ADUC #2
*I believe I'm posting as a a manged newsgroup user with alias, but so far I'm not getting a response. This is my third try to see if I can get it to work.* Is it possible to provide IT staff access to manipulate Mailbox Rights under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC without giving them Exchange Administrator rights? We'd like our staff to be able to manipulate all aspects of users using ADUC, but not the back-end Exchange stuff in System Manager. However it appears to be an all-or-nothing situation, at least where access to the mailbox rights are concerned. The message...