Right click to create new file with Excel 97

We use Excel 97 at our office on Windows XP Professional. A couple of users
want to be able to create new files by using new from the right click menu
and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet. The creation of the file works fine
in that the filename is filename.xls. When they open the file and add
information and then try to save the file, Excel wants to save as tab
delimited. Creating a file by opening Excel first works just fine. We have
tried this on several computers and the results are the same. For convenience
is there some way to change this behavior?
0
Barton (2)
11/15/2005 10:42:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Search multiple sheets, then paste results in new sheet
Hello, I searched the web and newsgroups but couldn't find a way to do this. I would like to search multiple sheets in a particular column and paste the complete row containing the searched word into a new sheet. For example, suppose I have 2 sheets (sheet1 and sheet2), each containing 3 colums (item_number, description, brand). I would like to search for all items that are Acme brand, and have the results (complete row) pasted into a new sheet (sheet3). Anyone know how this can be done? I would truly appreciate any help with this. Best regards, Paul Dim sAdd as String, v as...

How do you transfer raw data into a created pivot table?
I have to transfer raw data into a created pivot table. Either replace the old data in its table with the new data and Refres the PT, or change the PT data link by clicking the PT and then men Pivot Table Report and click the Back button -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27093 ...

Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula?
Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula? The remaining ones do work, but these two are not getting the right results. Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" I'm trying to get both column G & H to show a combined value of data in other columns. Column G should show result by combining data from column E & B, while column H should show result by combining data from column F & C. Column G is showing: =RC[-2]&RC[-5] ...

Giving rights to a user's mailbox
I have a number of users that I have created in my Windows2003 domain that are giving me greif. I have been unable to assign permissions to their mailboxes to give other users the full mailbox right. When I go through the motions of giving the correct rights and then I try to open the mailbox in Outlook by telling it to open an aditional mailbox under the advanced tab I get an error of: Unable to expand the folder. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any ideas? Thanks Mike Aditional: This is Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have also tried creating a new profile with t...

how do I link excel to Sage
I have spreadsheets set up in Excel 2007 and need to draw in data from Sage V12 and am at a loss at where to start. Can anyone help? ...

Formatting the generation Dynamic Excel from entity
I already posted the same issue sometime, but haven't got any feedback, hope this time someone will... I use the Excel dynamic export feature in Accounts and Advanced Find, and when I open the generated Excel worksheet, I cannot perform table formatting without breaking the dynamic query. Anyone can assist me on any workaround on how to format the table without breaking the dynamic query? On May 20, 1:45=A0pm, Benjsoft <Benjs...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I already posted the same issue sometime, but haven't got any feedback, h= ope > this time someone will....

Convert xls files
Can anyone tell me how to convert xls files to vsd. We use excel to draw maps and are converting to visio? I need to convert all of the past maps to visio format. Thanks for any help provided.. You may look around at this site: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/convert-visio.html ...

How to create a document at startup
Hi, I have an app which has got about 3 different docs whith 3 different view types. I have disabled the annoyng popup window at sturtup and it created a blank frame. I use CCommandLineInfo cmdInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); cmdInfo.m_nShellCommand = CCommandLineInfo::FileNothing; if (!ProcessShellCommand(cmdInfo)) return FALSE; in InitInstance method. Now I would like to specifically create a given document at application startup, say a doc of type 2. How can I do this programmatically? Thanks a lot for help, Pshemek When you are creating the CMultiDocTemplate object in your ...

create
i'm trying to start creating new games. Anyone the new softwares i could use to do it apart from macromedia this newsgroup answers questions about developing databases using MS Accessrelational database software. suggest you post your question to anappropriate forum."obi" <obi@obi.isgreat.org> wrote in messagenews:ACE0164F-713F-4607-A6B3-9438042B2AF2@microsoft.com...> i'm trying to start creating new games. Anyone the new softwares i coulduse> to do it apart from macromedia> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:17:49 -0400, "obi" <obi@obi.isgreat.org> wrote:...

automatic filing
is there a way to automatically put messages from certain senders into folder without having to move each one. for example, i want all email from support@dell.com to go to a folder called DEll Support without m having to do anything. Is this possible ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use the Rules Wizard to create a rule that moves all messages with support@dell.com in the sender's address to the Dell Support folder. End it with "stop processing mo...

shortcut mouse right side key
the shortcut key on the right side no longer works in Excel. This is after installing a software inventory control in developed in Excel and removed for free on the Internet. Could anyone help me to run down the right side to link the mouse when using Excel? -- cslgh No menu when you right-click on a cell? Perhaps code from the inventory control program you installed disabled it. Alt + F11 to open VBE. View>Immediate Window. Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key. Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Alt + q to return to Excel.............

"no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" ? is problem
When I am working on my charts and select source data this error comes up "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbokk", what's the problem and how can I fix it thanks for you help!!!!!!! Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's page on Font problems. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html Cheers Andy Clopez wrote: > When I am working on my charts and select source data this error comes up > "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbokk", what's the problem and > how can I fix it > > > thanks for you help!!!!!!! > ...

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

I want to create a nice Reception announcement
We are an older couple that got married. We plan a reception but lack the skills for the putting this together. Try some of the ideas at this link. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=wedding+reception+invitation+wording&aq=7&aqi=g10&oq=wedding+reception+ Rose O. wrote: > We are an older couple that got married. We plan a reception but lack the > skills for the putting this together. ...

Labels created in Publisher import into Word
A 'label' that I have created in Publisher 2003 as a badge will only let me print one on a page or a multiple of the same one on a page. I want to be able to print multiple ones, each with a different name, on the same page so I thought I could import the publisher file into word and do it that way but word doesn't like it. Does anyone have any ideas how I can still make use of the design and graphics and still achieve this Are you using mail merge? You can only have one badge on your page for a mail merge to work correctly. Print preview will show all labels the same, th...

old lotus files
Does anyone know how to transfer lotus 1-2-3 files to Excel 2000 files? Most Lotus files will be understood by Excel. Just try. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "marty" <ltepp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:041601c3d291$e64b6ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to transfer lotus 1-2-3 files to > Excel 2000 files? Marty, Excel will read old Lotus .WK? files. In Excel, just do a File/Open and then scroll down the Files of Type to Lotus 1-2-3 Files. Find the file you want to open and open it. If your Lotus files are of the newer...

How do I get the names of the sender in my sent box without click.
In Outlook Today, I added the column "to" in my sent boxes. The names of the senders however are not placed there, unless I click the message. Is it possible to fill in the names of the senders automatically?. ...

Open quattro pro file
Hi all can some one help me with converting a Quattro runtime file .qpw to open in excel 97??? thanks Andy e-mail=4pyros at verizon net "ANDREW GREGORY" <4pyros@verizon.net> wrote... >Hi all can some one help me with converting a Quattro runtime >file .qpw to open in excel 97??? thanks Andy Not possible. No version of Excel supports .QPW files. Your *ONLY* option is to get someone with a recent version of Quattro Pro to convert the file to ..XLS format for you. "Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message news:elgZkupeFHA.1036@tk2m...

CArchive for reading binary files
Hello all, My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using CFile independently? The files are supplied by an external application and could have a large size (say larger than a 100 megs). My application just has to read from them and process the data. TIA Adeel Adeel wrote: > Hello all, > > My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated > with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using > CFile independently? > > The files ar...

A field on a query has a value in it I'd like to use to create tot
Cost: Proceeds: G/L St G/L LT 30,000 31,000 $1,000 25,100 24,095 ($905) 4,000 5,000 $500 $500 In the G/L St & G/L Lt field, I would like to pull out the cost/proceeds values to create a field that I can run a cost or proceed total on. I have done an IIf function that works in pulling out the values but in the report footer when I try to sum the data, it doesn't work. FYI: The iif function is this: Iif([g/l s...

Programmatically Create Label in Word 2007
How can I do this and change the caption in the label? "Jess" wrote: > How can I do this and change the caption in the label? - Using VBA "Jess" wrote: > How can I do this and change the caption in the label? Sorry Not VBA but VB6 This forum is for Word vba. If you want some help with this you will need to explain *exactly* what you mean. We are not mind readers. What sort of label? Caption? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

Very Easy...Right?
How do I change an existing code from... mynum = Application.InputBox("Select Submission_ID") ....to mynum is located in cell A4 on sheet 1 (ie use the number already located in A4) with no InputBox I've tried.... mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(R4,C1) mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(4,1).Value mynum = Range("A4") I've even tried... Range("A4").Select mynum = ActiveCell I just don't know how to tell it to input the number already contained in A4 as the input for the already existing code. i'd use ...

How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on it
This is what I am trying to do.... 1. When someone clicks on cell, the checkmark symbol is entered into the cell 2. When someone clicks on the same cell again, they cell becomes blank (ie toggle between checkmark and blank) 3. Then how do I count the number of checkmarks in a column. Thanks, -- prsII ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prsII's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32166 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519157 How about a double-click?: Enter the following in ...

Help creating a list
Hi, I have a list of values in a single column. Many of the values are repeated. I need to create a list from this, where each value only appears one time, and capture in a new tab. Example Tab 1: 2008 Record A 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B 2010 Record B Result Needed in Tab 2: 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B Appreciate any help....Thanks ...

Administrative rights
I'm fairly new to Exchange 2003. I have it running on Server 2000. (I inherited this setup.) I'm trying to enable another user to create IDs and have the AD automatically create the Exchange mailbox at the same time. Whenever they create a user, they are NOT prompted to create the Echange info. That form never appears. I thought the solution was to delegate control to them at the Administrative group level. I set up a group and given it View and Full control. I have set up the user specifically with View and Full Control. Nothing seems to allow him to create mailboxes. ...