Return to column A

Hello

I am entering information in cells A - J and then using the mouse to
click on cell A in the next row. Please can anyone tell me if there
is there a quick way to go back to A to insert the next set of
information.

Thank you
0
rition (24)
3/31/2006 7:19:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Press the HOME key

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

<rition@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am entering information in cells A - J and then using the mouse to
> click on cell A in the next row. Please can anyone tell me if there
> is there a quick way to go back to A to insert the next set of
> information.
>
> Thank you

0
ken.wright (2489)
3/31/2006 7:31:21 PM
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:31:21 +0100, "Ken Wright"
<ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Press the HOME key

Sorry I should have said back to A but one row down.

0
rition (24)
3/31/2006 8:20:10 PM
When you have typed the entry in row J, press <Down> to take you to the
next blank row, then press <Home> - it will take you to column A of
that row, as Ken says.

Hope this helps.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
3/31/2006 9:21:04 PM
Yes that's brilliant, thank you.

On 31 Mar 2006 13:21:04 -0800, "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote:

>When you have typed the entry in row J, press <Down> to take you to the
>next blank row, then press <Home> - it will take you to column A of
>that row, as Ken says.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Pete

0
rition (24)
3/31/2006 9:49:29 PM
You can use the Tab key to move you from cell to cell and when you make your
last entry of that row hit Enter.

Acks like a carriage return.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

<rition@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am entering information in cells A - J and then using the mouse to
> click on cell A in the next row. Please can anyone tell me if there
> is there a quick way to go back to A to insert the next set of
> information.
>
> Thank you

0
lhkittle (223)

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

When refreshed, some Pivot Table columns retain formatting, some d
I have not had trouble with retaining column widths and column heading formats (font size, word wrap, alignment) in Pivot Tabl. When refreshed, they retain formatting. Here's the weird part, when I add or insert a new data column into the Pivot Table by checking from field list, that new data column does not retain column heading formats (font size, word wrap and alignment settign) like the original columns do. It does however preserver its column width and number formatting. Why is that? How do I tell Excel to preserve column heading formats for newly added ones? I...

Can't add new columns
This has been a problem with my worksheets and those of others in my office, especially if converted from lotus 123 originally. When trying to insert new columns in a worksheet, get the error message: "To prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift nonblank shells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing CRTL + END and delete or clear all cells in between the last cell and the end of your data. Then select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or you can move the data to a new location and try again." Even when you do t...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

How do I cancel column & row highlight in Excel?
As I move the cursor around an Excel sheet, the column letter and row number are highlighted which prevents me from sorting the data in the sheet. Any ideas as to how cancel this in order that I am able to sort the whole text ?? ...

Crosstab query columns not adding correctly
I have a crosstab query based off of a table "tblClaims". TRANSFORM (Nz(Sum(tblClaims.Count),0)) AS [The Value] SELECT tblClaims.LOC, tblClaims.RvwRsn, Sum(tblClaims.Count) AS Total FROM tblClaims GROUP BY tblClaims.LOC, tblClaims.RvwRsn PIVOT tblClaims.Report In ("C170","RC 85"); My end result should have one row of data for, example: LOC RvwRsn C170 RC 85 72 BTMJ 25 10 But instead I am getting: LOC RvwRsn C170 RC 85 72 BTMJ ...

Different widths for each column in a 100% stacked column chart
I would like to present a chart that has 3 columns of data with each column being the same height and each column being split into different components (i.e. a 'typical' 100% stacked column chart). Each column represents a different market (split between the players in that particular market) and the markets are of diferent size. What I would like to do is make the width of each column vary depending on the size of the market. Effectively the height of the columns is the same and the vertical splits reflect the relative size of the components within each column but in additio...

Column-Line Graph -add column
I have a Column-Line Graph showing 2008 and 2009 data in columns with the Mean as a line. I am trying to add 2010 data and it keeps making it a line instead of a column. Right-click the line, choose Change Chart Type, and choose the column chart type. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Cyndi3" <Cyndi3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99CBCC0A-35FC...

counting negative and positive percentages in a column
I am trying to figure out how to do a sumif or countif for a range of values negative and positive values of a cell in a column. example 10% 15% 33% -10% -5% -45% I would like to have one formula to count the cells with a positive % from 0.01% to 20% another formula to count the cells with a negative % from -0.01% to -20% thank you Try these: For the positive range: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">=0.01%")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,">20%") For the negative range: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<=-0.01%")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<-20%") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <vieux-lo...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

###### in Excel Column
Using ADO and ASP I managed to upgrade a Excel Sheet. When I opened the Sheet I noticed that some Columns are filled with line of # Does anyone why is the cause of this, and how I can prevent it? Because when I save the xls sheet to csv sheet, the lines of # end u in the sheet, and that is not what is suposed to happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try widening the columes? "karelmous" <karelmous.xgilm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

rename Column Headings
Hello, Is it possible to rename column headings? Otherwise, if I have to put titles in A1, B1, C1 ect, how do I get row 1 to show under A1, B1, C1 ect? Thanks JR Hi you can't. The best you could achieve is use row 1 and use 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to fix row 1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JR wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to rename column headings? Otherwise, if I have to put > titles in A1, B1, C1 ect, how do I get row 1 to show under A1, B1, C1 > ect? > > Thanks JR Thanks, but when I highlight row 1, and choose Freeze Panes, it loc...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

Help...Need to modify data within a column in a .csv file
I have been given a .csv file of several thousand rows, and I need to change column A of each. The brief cutout below shows column A of the first two rows. (I need to skip the first row, which is the headers.) Kinda clumsy to have such a wide column, but the application this file is to be fed after I change the contents requires all the data separated by double-quotes to be in the one column. Cell A2: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417385"121"307"111-11-1111"09/30/05"LASTNAME1 Cell A3: 09/12/0509/25/05"1417386"101"900000005"222-22-2222"09/30/05"...

Line
How can I get the 2 different axis to equal zero at the same point without laborously playing with the min, max, major, minor scales for each of my graphs? Hi, Have a look at Jon's VBA solution. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Cheers Andy TaraS wrote: > How can I get the 2 different axis to equal zero at the same point without > laborously playing with the min, max, major, minor scales for each of my > graphs? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

40 Column thermal Receipt Reprint does not show serial numbers
How do I get the serial number to reprint on a reprinted receipt? The serial number shows up on the original receipt but not on a reprint. Thanks ...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...