Restart numbering ater a set number of rows

I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns.

the first two columns contains numbers which will never change
the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows
then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by
1 every 255 rows)  the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up
to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row.

Help Please!!!!!:confused:

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

I'm assuming you want column C to cycle in blocks of 256 - 0 to 255
- like column D does, not 255:

C1:     =INT((ROW()-1)/256)
D1:     =MOD(ROW()-1,256)

Copy C1:D1 down as far as necessary. If desired, you can then copy
the columns and paste special, selecting the Values radio button, to
remove the formulae.

In article <Kleaves.uxpum@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Kleaves <Kleaves.uxpum@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns.
>
> the first two columns contains numbers which will never change
> the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows
> then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by
> 1 every 255 rows)  the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up
> to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row.
>
> Help Please!!!!!:confused:
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Numbers
When transferring data from my AS400 to Excel, the negative numbers appear on the AS400 with the minus sign at the back of the number. Ex: 123- Is there a way to make excel recognize this as a negative number through the customize option--or any way at all? Thank you try for each c in selection c.value="-"&left(c,len(c)-1) next "Mry Alice London" <maryalice.london@carlsba.k12.nm.us> wrote in message news:027101c394df$9b632610$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When transferring data from my AS400 to Excel, the > negative numbers appear on the AS400 with the minu...

Setting specific column size in a table
I want to define the column size manually in a table but can't find the control to do that. Failing that I want 3 columns to be exactly the same size ... can you help? I know I can drag them when the double line appears but I want 3 columns to be uniform without having to eyeball each. Any help much appreciated. Thanks. Create ruler guides from the Arrange menu, Layout, Grid guides. Or manually create a ruler guide, with your cursor on the guide, right-click, format guides. Use the snap to feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SteveW" <steve_w2003_nospa...

Finding a row based on a random value in a column
First, apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything close in the forums: My problem is I need to find the first row reference if a value in one of the columns is (unpredictably) less than 0. I have tried a mix of Index, Match and the Excel lookup wizard but to no avail. For example, at its simplest I have 2 columns x and y A B 1 x y 2 1 13 3 2 6 4 3 0 5 4 -1 6 5 -12 7 6 4 etc how do I locate the first row when the y column goes negative. I know it is simple if I know beforehand ( in this case it is row cell A5) , but if...

incredimail needs Outlook to restart..and restart...and restart....
I am using the Outlook 2002, and Incredimail add-on. But now when I open Outlook, I get a window saying "Before Incredimail for Office-Outlook add-on can be used, Outlook must be restarted. Would You like to restart Outlook now?" And when I say Yes to this, the same thing happens, everytime. If I say No, Outlook starts, but the icons concerning Incredimail, is not there anymore, so I cannot use/choose anything from Incredimail. However, the standard "butler" comes up and announces, when emails arrive. I have tried totally to remove Incredimail from my computer, vi...

text to numbers
Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell. Any help Copy ANY blank cell. Select your *bad* cells. Hit Edit-Paste special, Add. ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "student" <agarwalp@eeism.com> wrote in message news:usRlvPVcEHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change > it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

Set position into a worksheet using vba
I created a chart as an object in a worksheet, but can't set the position inside it. Any help? Thanks in advanced How did you create the chart object? This allows you to define the position exactly: Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects.Add(100,150,300,225) where the numbers are left, top, width, and height of the chart object in points with respect to the top left of the sheet. For an existing chart, again you should adjust the chart object, which is the parent object of the chart: With ActiveChart.Parent .Left = 100 .Top = 150 .Width = 300 .Hei...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

continuous restarting
Hello group, Windows XP machine keeps restarting/rebooting itself. Occasionally it will perform disk check and then proceed to user login screen. At this point any attempt to login begets another restart. Usually the disk check runs ok but occassionally it will mention something close to: " The size of the \documents & settings\Dee\ntuser.dat.Log entry is not valid." Help. I don't know how to proceed. Thanks. -- "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions" - Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction ...

Can't set a class1
I have a class1 for my property called "Euclid". I just went through and set all of the transactions related to that property to that class1. There are a few dozen transactions, mainly loan transfers (principal) that I cannot assign to any class1. I bring up the transaction, go into the split, set the class1 and hit ok a few times to get out and then go back in to check and my class1 is not set. Has anyone else run into this? I am running Windows XP Pro with Money 2004 Small Business. Tod Can you enter this classification on any other transactions? Does it show up in ...

Number Comparison
I am trying to write a macro that compares two columns of numbers on a spreadsheet and colors the cells of all the numbers that match. After the macro is run I would like to be able to see all numbers that are different in each column. Can anyone figure out how or if EXCEL can perform this function? Why use a macro. I would just use conditional formating. This will do the highlighting for you. Conditional format-->=if(A1=B1,True,False) Do the same thing in both columns. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to write a macro that compares two columns of >numbers on...

Problem setting Property Sheet values for a Form using VBA
Hello, I have a problem with setting Property Sheet values for a Form using VBA code. I am trying to set the following properties: ..RecordSource ..InputParameters ..UniqueTable I am setting this in an ADP and for a couple of my users my code works without any problem, and for other users it errors because it cannot set the properties in the form. My code which works: With Me.sfrmppepCGL_1_HeadsOfCover.Form .RecordSource = "dbo.procHeadsOfCoverByPolicyLineIDTypeGet" .InputParameters = "@lngPolicyLineID int =" & Nz(Me.txtPolicyLineID, 0) & &q...

Formatting numbers in thousands
Is it possible to format numbers in thousands? For example, I'd want to be able to format 5,123.00 as 5.1 I've been using a formula to divide by 1000, but is there a formatting string that will accomplish the same thing? Thanks, John -- If you forget about your dreams you die. Live for them, & they will live for you. IF you're wondering who the hell wrote this message, or want to know more :) see my profiles at JohnReimer@gay.com and JohnReimer@aol.com John You can use custom formatting. Example number in cell: 1234567 With #.0, you get 1234.6 (thousands) with #...

check if field is null, else copy row in table
I have a form that loads a row from and table in then exits (immediately saving the data). But when it loads, it adds a value to one of the fields. the reason for this form is to add one of the unqiue indeifiers to a row in the table, however at present, it overrides the previous information (meaning I can only have the latest value in the table) obviously i would need to check for a null, but if it isn't a null, then how do i copy the the next row in the table? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 On Wed, 27...

Hide the rows/ Coloum
Dear All, Can we hide some rows based on any condition of data. for eg in A1 =0, a2=2,a3=4,a5=0,a6=1 we want to hide coloum 1 and 5 as its value is zero. Please suggest some macro by which it can be done -- Best Regards Gautam Tibrewal Finance Controller Goldwyn Limited 15 & 16, Noida Special Economic Zone Noida-201305 Tel: +91 120 2568537-9 Fax: +91 120 2568105 Mobile: +91 9310130632 sub hidecolumnsifzero() for i=1 to cells(2,columns.count).end(xltoleft).column if cells(2,i)=0 then columns(i).hidden=true nest i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dgui...

Set a value every 5 cells
There is 1 data set is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: In A1 down is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 In the cell from B1 to B10 is empty (no value). My question is that I want a excel formule would performance a task which it can put a value e.g.1 every "5" cells. So, in my example, after setting the formula, "1" will incorporate in the cell B5 and B10. Do you think an Excel function can achieve the result according my requirement? Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200902/1 You should alwa...

Numbered outline doesn't save

Restart server user right
Just wanted to make sure that if I need one of the users to be able to restart the server adding the user to Server Operators would give that user the minimum required. Thanks yaro Yes Yaro, that would acomplish the task. OTOH, I usualy set the policy on the server "Allow shutdown without having to log on". Since servers are usually in a locked room or in a rack, I can usually ask some helpful person in remote location to walk to the console and reboot the server. (For the security watchers in this newsgroup, I never had a security issue with this setting). Of cour...

How to set this up? (key tracker)
I have been handed the key control tracker. ~~oh joy~~ I'd like to drag this thing into the 90's onto a spreadsheet and get it off paper. It would essentially be a list of each key by serial number, what lock it goes to, and who has a copy of that key. Then I need to set this up so that I can see at a glance: >> how many keys total are out, vs. how many total I have control of. >> how many of each key are out, vs. how many of each is available. >> who has copies of which keys and how many This actually sounds like a job for Access and a few reports - but I ha...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

why does excel convert the number to 0 after 15 numbers?
if I type 123456789012345679 it convert it to 123456789012345000. Anyone know how to stop excel from doing this? I image you are entering things like social security or credit card "numbers" on which no math will ever be done. Two tricks to avoid your problem 1) type a single quote (apostrophe) before entering the number - it will not show on spreadsheet or on hardcopy OR 2) Before entering the number, format the cells to be used as Text Reason: like most computer apps, Excel uses the IEEE convention for storing numbers and this limits numbers to 15 sig figs (still big enough ...

Publisher 2007
I have older versions of publisher which open automatically as the A4 page size. This is great. I have Publisher 2007 at work and this opens with the default page size set at A4 I also have publisher at Home, but this annoyingly always opens set at the american page size. I have to repeatedly go into the page setup and alter the size for every publication and set it to A4. Please can anyone advise if there is a way to set the default page size in Publisher 2007 so that it will always default to opening or creating an A4 size document. I have the English version of Office 2007 Ultimate. Ma...

Office 2007 Update
I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your computer to continue the update process." I've restarted at least a half dozen times and keep getting the same message. I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't bother my other two machines which are running XP. Joseph wrote: > I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for > Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update ...

OL2003 Crashes and Restarts
A recent problem... any attempt to click on an interface item to read a mail message for example will crash OL2003 which will restart without problem. A dialog pops up to notify Microsoft and it includes a 'restart' checkbox which I've left selected and OL2003 does restart but I'm getting worried about my data. This is more than annoying especially that I see I have to uninstall Office completely to uninstall OL2003 just to try to reinstall OL2003. Is this my only option or might this be an issue that has some other way to be resolved? I've also allowed Windows Upda...

How do I get different error bars within data set?
I am trying to make a column graph comparing two companies in many different aspects. My series are the companies, and then along the x-axis are the different aspects of the company. When I try to set the error bars it makes them the same for each one, even though the error is different for each aspect within the company. Is there any way of getting around this? Nevermind, I did a little more exploring and I was able to figure it out "Nomes" wrote: > I am trying to make a column graph comparing two companies in many different > aspects. My series are the companies, an...