Resource Capacity Planning

I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability
by week over time (3-6 months)

0
phipgrave (1)
10/25/2003 10:58:51 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/

Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software

Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file)

"Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources
availability
> by week over time (3-6 months)

0
demechanik (4694)

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

backup exch from remote machine: which is best plan
I have a small domain with 2 servers: 1) PDC and file server with tape backup 2) Exchange server, no tape device Which is the best plan to ensure a safe backup of exchange? a) Install exchange admin tools on the PDC and include information store in the tape backup b) Get the exchange server to backup to a file, and then get the PDC to include that file when it does its tape backup. c) Some other plan I haven't thought of yet Regards roga On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:35:28 -0000, "roga" <{news2005}REMOVE_THIS_UPPERCASE_2_REPLY@roga.co.uk> wrote: >I...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

summary bar %
I have a formula which works out the planned % for individual bars - works great. The problem I have is with the summary bars. My formula works in a straight line ie 2 days out of 10 = 20%. I know that MSP uses a different method to calculate the actual % of summary bars - I understand how it does it, what I was hoping for is there somebody out there that could issue a formula (via a macro) that copies that method, as at the moment the two do not correlate. Thanks in anticipation. Andrew Andrew, I don't have any magic formula or macros to contribute to you; however ...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...

setting up an account without payment plan????????????
How do you set up an account for a bill without setting up a payment plan??? I am lost on this program>??? Just say no when it asks about setting up a bill. We aren't talking about a loan account, are we? "heide" <heideolson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:052701c37bcf$aef38ef0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up an account for a bill without setting > up a payment plan??? I am lost on this program>??? ...

Seeking a fundamental resource for using Visual C++ 2005 Express
I am new to Visual C++, and have some limited skills with Objective C. I have designed a user interface in Visual C++ as a Form and now want to define methods and outlets for several of the widgets in the form. I have not been able to find any meaningful (to me) resources for how to do this easily within Visual C++. The tasks include, for example, specifying the action for a button that will take input from several user-entered textboxes, performing calculations and returning the results to other textboxes for display. It is essentially a more complex version of a temperature or money ...

Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to another task that cannot move. I am not sure why this error message is coming up. I don't have it linked to anything else and all my seperate projects have predecessors so that all tasks are dependant on eachother. I am a newbie to Project and quite ...

"not enough resources"
Hello All: When I run the computer, after a while it runs out of resources. So gradually I have to close the programs and eventually I need to restart the computer. By run out of resources I mean I can�t copy and paste, or open a new IE tab, or open a program and run it or print something. Sometimes I get the message �not enough resources� . As I said it becomes so bad that I need to restart the computer. I have ran CCleaner and cleaned up the 958.2MB detritus in the system and a few times ran cleaning the registry. Also ran CHKDSK command. Only once after running CCleaner and ...

Resources
We have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003, 2000 and XP users. We have setup Resources (i.e.: company Projector) for users to check out. We know that you can book an appointment with the projector as a resource, this will allow the computer to let you know if the resource is booked. It is very cumbersome for users to find out the schedule of the resources. Is there a way to use Public Folders as either a link to the Calendar of the resource, or as the resource itself? Our thinking is that this would allow the users to quickly view the calendar with only one quick click rather than going ...

Reading custom-defined resource
Hello group, I have created a custom-defined resource for my application by adding the following to my .rc file: NAME_WIDTH TYPE_CUSTOM BEGIN 0x4321 END where NAME_WIDTH is the ID name of the resource and TYPE_CUSTOM is the type of the resource. Now, what I want is to read the value 0x4321 from my application. How can I do this? I know that for a string resource, I can call CString::LoadString(IDS_MYSTRING), for example, to get the string resource identified by IDS_MYSTRING. How can I do it for my custom-defined resource to get its value? A sample code or any other reference wi...

Resources Availability Report !
Hi all, I'm customizing CRM for Shipping services. - I defined a Service Called shipping and configured it. - I defined the trucks and drivers as resources. The drivers will take days off, and the trucks will be out for maintenance i will make a new day off in the work hours for the resource. How can i make a report to show me the availability of the resources? If I tried to find available times using the scheduling engine the resources that are out for maintenance or vacation will not show, very good no problem But, how can i see that in a report. i tried to look thru the calendar en...

Human Resources and Integration manager
I am running GP 9.0 and want to import some data into HR and particularly the "Employee" card under HR. I go under Tools | Resource Descriptions | Tables and then select "Human resources" as the product, and "system" as the series. I scroll through the tables and am not finding a table that has this information. I find the applicant table but not the employee table. I have tried looking at the database diagrams under the SDK but I do not have any diagrams for HR. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct HR table to handle the general employee i...

Resource Hours by Month
How can I see the number of hours allocated per day, week or month? The hours per task are easily found as are the hours by resource. However, without a weekly/monthly total it's difficult/impossible to see if the total program matches the funding/spending profile. Hi, YOu haev to modify teh timescale (Format, Timescale) You get the totals based on the minor scale. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft...

"Out of Memory or system resources"
I have Outlook 2002. After downloading email messages and whenever I try to delete messages, I get an error message, "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." Hence, not able to delete messages. When I close all programs, no change, same message. The only known fix is to shut down computer and restart after receiving new messages. This is not a workable fix. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be helpful. Thank you, Glenn Glen, I would first check to see if your hard-drive is out of space. Open MyComputer - Cli...