Replace 'X with an image?

I have a report that uses columns with an X to indicate that a particular
attribute applies to that row. Like this,
ModelABC    X    XX          XXXXX       X.

I need to make this report more attractive when displayed on a web site. I
know how to use conditional formating to color the cells that have an X in
them. But, is it possible to do something similar by replacing the X with an
image? Like a colored radio button or a big red circle or something?

0
sdatt (10)
5/30/2006 9:55:46 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Some Dude wrote:
> I have a report that uses columns with an X to indicate that a
> particular attribute applies to that row. Like this,
> ModelABC    X    XX          XXXXX       X.
>
> I need to make this report more attractive when displayed on a web
> site. I know how to use conditional formating to color the cells that
> have an X in them. But, is it possible to do something similar by
> replacing the X with an image? Like a colored radio button or a big
> red circle or something?

Using Insert->Symbol or one of the Wingding fonts is one simple way.

So simple, so elegant.
Thanks, Paul

"Paul Lautman" <paul.lautman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Some Dude wrote:
>> I have a report that uses columns with an X to indicate that a
>> particular attribute applies to that row. Like this,
>> ModelABC    X    XX          XXXXX       X.
>>
>> I need to make this report more attractive when displayed on a web
>> site. I know how to use conditional formating to color the cells that
>> have an X in them. But, is it possible to do something similar by
>> replacing the X with an image? Like a colored radio button or a big
>> red circle or something?
>
> Using Insert->Symbol or one of the Wingding fonts is one simple way.

0
sdatt (10)

Convert any documents(Word, Excel) into BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image
Convert any documents(Word, Excel) into BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image Website: http://www.joyprinter.com Joy Image Printer is a high-performance virtual printer which enables you to convert any printable document into standard BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF image, and keep the exact look and feel of the original document. Since the converted image has the complete information from the original file without altering characters or fonts, you don't need to install the original software to view the document. Key Features: (1) Installs as a standard Windows printer, works for all Windows...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

window media player does not show image
The error i get is cood1199........how do i fix it, please. thanksl ...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Email activities should let us integrate images
Following the cases support team request's, most of the support calls comes in as email with a print screen of the problem. We want to be able to document the case by simply promoting the email in CRM attach it to the case and be able to still view the image that was sent. we are using crm 3.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

How can I change the shape of an image inserted into a publisher?
Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, you won't be able to in Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rossman" <Rossman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F011697E-2A9A-4CA2-8964-B9D41BF48DDB@microsoft.com... > Thanks Don. Yeah, I was hoping to be able to bend an edge to add appeal to the image. Not possible huh? "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Do you want to do something other than change the height or width? If yes, > you won't be able to in Publisher. > > > -- > Don > Vancou...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Recreating images on a mac
I am trying to recreate an image of basic shapes including rectangles with text in them of various colors, rectangles with arrows in them, arrows that form a rectangle where the arrow is in the center of the line forming the box, and circles with &quot;-&quot; and &quot;+&quot; signs in them. I have no idea which program would work best for this as I am using a Mac. I don't have access to Photoshop, so is there any other program that would work as well? I've tried Word to recreate this, however, it seems to not allow me to put the circles with the positive and negati...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

How do I replace just a few characters?
Hello, I have an excel worksheet with a street name column. I need to rename some names from "Main Street" to "Main St". I can do it for one name easily with find and replace, but how do I make it work for an entire column of different names such as "Easy Street" and "Main Street". If I do find "* Street" and replace with "* ST" I get "* ST" for the output instead of "Easy ST" What am I missing? -- Tomsriv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tomsriv's Profile: http:/...

Changing Image Boundary
Hi. In my last version on Publisher (it was 97) there was a handy little tool that took an image (I used it on jpg images) and when you selected the image and pushed the button it changed the boundary of the image to fit it exactly -- meaning if it was a small, odd shaped object that was shown in a square, it would re-adjust to have the image boundaries exactly the size of the image. This is kind of hard to explain. Anyway, I see the tool in 2002, it is the Edit Irregular Wrap button however, you have to manually adjust and resize the outline. The other way was soooo much easier. I'm ...

Installed programs Icons show generic folder images on Start Menu.
Windows XP(Home) SP3, 32Bit, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, I...

Resizing Document Imaging view control on Access form
Does anyone have experience using the MODI (Microsoft Office Document Imaging) controls? I'm trying to create an Access form that uses the document viewer (MiDocView) control to display a TIFF image, and it works fine in most circumstances. The problem is that I would like to resize the control on the fly when the user resizes the form, so that it takes up the available space. I have done this successfully in the past with other controls, and the code I have (setting the Width and Height properties of the control based on the size of the window) works here, except for one problem: ...

VBA to find filename and replace
Hi I just found the answer to "Find and Replace in VBA" and tried to adapt it for what I'm doing, but it's more difficult so I need some help please. I have multiple worksheets in an excel 2007 workbook - a monthly report. Within the worksheets I have many cells that link to last months workbooks - (i.e I compare last month figures to this months figures). I need the macro to do the following: - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name ofTHE OLD months workbook" - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name of THE NEW mont...

Replacing Character
I need to replace/delete the " >" character at the end of a number... when the data was brought into the excel 1234> was the number that cam it happens in about 7000 lines any suggestions on how to replace it with a blank?? thank -- tico31p ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tico31pl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1040 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46572 Select the range to fix. Edit|Replace what: " >" (without the quotes with: (leav...

Replacing A Column Of Numbers
Hello, New user of Excel 2007, and Excel in general. Should be simple, but I just can't figure out how. Have a column of numbers in Column A In Column B (row 1)I have the formula of what's in A (row 1) multiplied by 1000 And I have dragged this formula downwards, so I now have in each row B what is in the same row in Column A multiplied by 1000. So far, all is fine. Now, I want to replace what's in Column A by the newly generated values in Column B (row by row replacement) I can't just Cut out everything in Column A, as B then disappears, as, I'v...

Find / Replace
In a field, I would like to update all instances of "Daily Billing" to "Rental Payment - Daily Billing". The Replace function works the first time, but when I add data to the file, and run the query again, it updates the fields which have already been upated to "Rental Payment - Rental Payment - Daily Billing". I can see why it is doing this, but is there a way for the update query to look at just the first 11 characters of the field and only perform the update if it finds the "Daily Billing" text there? Thanks. Use "Daily Billing" as ...

Signature with Image Problem
Hi, I've created a signature in Outlook that has an image included at the bottom. I've used simple html to create the signature and saved it in "%userprofile%/application data/microsoft/signatures". The image is included with a img-tag. I saved the image at the same place as the signature. When I now open a new mail and attach that signature everything looks fine, the image is included well. When I send the mail to a colleague inside our house - or even to myself - the image is not displayed in the mail, just the beloved box with the small red x. When I look into the sourc...

Reinstall Microsoft Office Imaging as printer??
Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it to use as a printer? Tammy <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Do not know exactly what happen but Office Imaging Writer has been > removed from my printer options. How do I go about reinstalling it > to use as a printer? Try Help > Detect and Repair... -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...