Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat

I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D.  At least
that is what I'm trying to do.  On page two, the columns repeat but
then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D).  Is there a way to
make it so that they both repeat?

In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.

Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the
repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That is, the information represented by the Y's is contained in
columns beyond A through D.  On the first page it would be columns E
through H and the second page it would be I through L, etc.

The first page does, in fact, print like the above.  But the second
page prints as follows:

XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I suppose there is no way around this (other than putting all the
information in XX into a custom header).

Thanks
0
dranon (82)
9/24/2009 9:25:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
820 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

On the second page, you should be seeing the headers in A1:D4 and I1:L4

If that's not what you're seeing, maybe you could explain again what you're
seeing--or explain what you'd want to see.

dranon wrote:
> 
> I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D.  At least
> that is what I'm trying to do.  On page two, the columns repeat but
> then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D).  Is there a way to
> make it so that they both repeat?
> 
> In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.
> 
> Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the
> repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see:
> 
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> 
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> 
> That is, the information represented by the Y's is contained in
> columns beyond A through D.  On the first page it would be columns E
> through H and the second page it would be I through L, etc.
> 
> The first page does, in fact, print like the above.  But the second
> page prints as follows:
> 
> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> 
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> 
> I suppose there is no way around this (other than putting all the
> information in XX into a custom header).
> 
> Thanks

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
9/24/2009 10:04:19 PM
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:04:19 -0500, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>On the second page, you should be seeing the headers in A1:D4 and I1:L4

I am and I don't want that.  I want A1:H4 to show up in the first four
rows.

>If that's not what you're seeing, maybe you could explain again what you're
>seeing--or explain what you'd want to see.

As per above.

Thanks for the respose.

>dranon wrote:
>> 
>> I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D.  At least
>> that is what I'm trying to do.  On page two, the columns repeat but
>> then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D).  Is there a way to
>> make it so that they both repeat?
>> 
>> In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.
>> 
>> Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the
>> repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see:
>> 
>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> 
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> 
>> That is, the information represented by the Y's is contained in
>> columns beyond A through D.  On the first page it would be columns E
>> through H and the second page it would be I through L, etc.
>> 
>> The first page does, in fact, print like the above.  But the second
>> page prints as follows:
>> 
>> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> 
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> 
>> I suppose there is no way around this (other than putting all the
>> information in XX into a custom header).
>> 
>> Thanks

0
dranon (82)
9/25/2009 3:54:15 AM
I think you'll have to try to do what you want with the sheet header--not the
rows to repeat at top.

dranon wrote:
> 
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:04:19 -0500, Dave Peterson
> <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> 
> >On the second page, you should be seeing the headers in A1:D4 and I1:L4
> 
> I am and I don't want that.  I want A1:H4 to show up in the first four
> rows.
> 
> >If that's not what you're seeing, maybe you could explain again what you're
> >seeing--or explain what you'd want to see.
> 
> As per above.
> 
> Thanks for the respose.
> 
> >dranon wrote:
> >>
> >> I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D.  At least
> >> that is what I'm trying to do.  On page two, the columns repeat but
> >> then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D).  Is there a way to
> >> make it so that they both repeat?
> >>
> >> In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.
> >>
> >> Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the
> >> repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see:
> >>
> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> >>
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >>
> >> That is, the information represented by the Y's is contained in
> >> columns beyond A through D.  On the first page it would be columns E
> >> through H and the second page it would be I through L, etc.
> >>
> >> The first page does, in fact, print like the above.  But the second
> >> page prints as follows:
> >>
> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >>
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> >>
> >> I suppose there is no way around this (other than putting all the
> >> information in XX into a custom header).
> >>
> >> Thanks

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
9/25/2009 12:19:47 PM
That is what I suspected.  Thanks for the confirmation.

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:19:47 -0500, Dave Peterson
<petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:

>I think you'll have to try to do what you want with the sheet header--not the
>rows to repeat at top.
>
>dranon wrote:
>> 
>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:04:19 -0500, Dave Peterson
>> <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
>> 
>> >On the second page, you should be seeing the headers in A1:D4 and I1:L4
>> 
>> I am and I don't want that.  I want A1:H4 to show up in the first four
>> rows.
>> 
>> >If that's not what you're seeing, maybe you could explain again what you're
>> >seeing--or explain what you'd want to see.
>> 
>> As per above.
>> 
>> Thanks for the respose.
>> 
>> >dranon wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D.  At least
>> >> that is what I'm trying to do.  On page two, the columns repeat but
>> >> then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D).  Is there a way to
>> >> make it so that they both repeat?
>> >>
>> >> In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.
>> >>
>> >> Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the
>> >> repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see:
>> >>
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>> >>
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >>
>> >> That is, the information represented by the Y's is contained in
>> >> columns beyond A through D.  On the first page it would be columns E
>> >> through H and the second page it would be I through L, etc.
>> >>
>> >> The first page does, in fact, print like the above.  But the second
>> >> page prints as follows:
>> >>
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> XXXXXXXXXXX  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >>
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >> ZZZZZZZZZZZ  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> >>
>> >> I suppose there is no way around this (other than putting all the
>> >> information in XX into a custom header).
>> >>
>> >> Thanks

0
dranon (82)
9/25/2009 3:07:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Text to Rows
Hi, I am newbie in excel Macros. I have a macro that works well if used on a cell. BUT if I want to run it on every cell within a Range, I get an error - "Invalid, Next control Variable reference". Please help. see below Sub NewOne() Dim x As Integer Dim y As Integer ' Hardcoded range A1 to C2 NumRows = Range("A1", "A2").Rows.Count NumCols = Range("A1", "C1").Cols.Count Range("A1").Select For x = 1 To NumRows Step 1 For y = 1 To NumCols Step 1 'Text to multiple ro...

excel press enter to make active on 1st colum in new row
lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to automatically go to colum 1 of row 2 Enter the following in Worksheet code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("J:J"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select End Sub After an entry is made in column 10, we move back to column 1 the next row down. REMEMBER: Worksheet code. -- Gary''s Student gsnu200711 "Greg" wrote: > lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to > auto...

Hide multiple rows when particular cell is zero
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how I can hide multiple rows when a particular cell is zero? It has to go automaticly, so no buttons... When D37=0, hide rows 37-48 When D49=0, hide rows 49-58 When D59=0, hide rows 59-68 When D69=0, hide rows 69-78 When D79=0, hide rows 79-88 etcetera. How can help me with this macro?? Thanks in advanced. Best regards, BL Hi, What should happen if e.g. D38 = 0? Maybe this applied to the desired sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim a, rng As Range Set rng = Range("D37:D1000") For Each a In rng ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

copying and pasting only non-hidden rows
Would anybody know how to copy an entire worksheet and paste values only to a new worksheet and include only visible rows (do not include hidden rows) Thanks, Jason Jason, you can do it with a macro, here is one way Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** r...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #2
Oh, and is it possible to get the data range across the row highlighte in the same color...i.e. "IF COLUMN D = JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR OF ROW GREEN" -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Select rows to be formatted. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is =$D1="joe blow" Pick a green color from Format>Pattern and OK Click Add to add another conditio...

blank lines in column data
I want to make a simple pie chart with 2 colums of data. One column is the names and the other is the data. However, there are blank spaces in the columns. Can I get excel to ignore these blanks. Of course they don't show up in the pie since they have no value but the legend still has a spot for them. Perhaps it is just a matter of getting them out of the category labels. apples 50 bannanas 20 oranges 70 grapes 10 The manual way I have used is to only select the cells with data. But if the data changes and other cells become non-blank then I have ...

Macro for changing number of rows
Hello - So I'm a little less experienced than I thought. Below is my table. Item Rate 1 Rate 2 A 0.60% 0.30% B 0.50% 0.40% C 0.50% 0.70% E 0.30% 0.30% F 0.20% 0.50% Below is my Macro: Sub Ordering_Macro() ' ' Ordering_Macro Macro ' ' ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range _ ("C2:C6"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption:= _ xlSortNormal ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilt...

Create rows from a lookup
Hi all, I have 2 worksheets containing data that I need to combine, by creating rows WS1 has product data in the range of: Product_ID Name price Options_Ref 1 Product 1 10.00 18 2 Product 2 15.00 25 3 Product 3 5.00 18 4 Product 4 20.00 7 WS2 has the option list data such as: Options_Ref Option_Description 7 Red 7 Blue 18 12" 18 14" 18 16" 25 ...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Printing blank rows
I have spreadsheets that'll print 1600 pages unless I set a print area. This is even though only a few rows have data. What causes this and how can I correct it without setting a print area? There's no white fonts or pictures or anything else I can see in most of these cells. I can delete the rows or delete everything that might be in the cells - no change. My data changes a lot so i'm afraid if I set a print area I might skip a new row or print more blanks than I need. Printing blanks looks ugly too. Hi Brandi, See my page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm#ma...

Transposing Columns to Rows
Hi all, I have been trying to figure this out, but with no luck. What I have is a table with data: Letter String A STR1 A STR2 A STR3 A STR4 B STR5 B STR6 etc What I would like to get it into a table, but organized this way: Letter Strings A STR1, STR2, STR3, STR4 B STR5, STR6 etc I have looked at pivot tables and Crosstab queries, but can=92t figure this out. I was playing with some code, but couldn=92t decide if I need a For Each Loop, or a While Not.EOF. Any help would be greatly...

Labelling a row so it can be used as an offset for sum, difference or range
I'm keeping a spreadsheet of my usage of electicity, gas and water by taking meter readings every week or so. The table gradually acquires more rows over time, as I take successive reading. I display the total usage to date as a series of values at the bottom of each column: 1 A B C D 3 Date Elec Gas Wat 4 1 Jan 05 123 345 34 5 1 Feb 05 127 350 35 6 15 Feb 05 138 355 39 7 8 Totals 15 10 9 Where B8 is B6-B4, C8 is C6-C4 etc. Each time I add a new row (the next one would be below row 6) I need to modify the formulae...

Calculating Profit and Loss in one column
Hi, I am trying to total the profit column using this formula without any success: =IF(OR($J3="",ISERROR(MATCH(-$J3,$J3:$J$1002,0)),),"",$J3*(OFFSET($K3,MATCH (-$J3,$J3:$J$1002,0)-1,)-$K3)) Where a (1) means the purchase price subtracted from (-1) sales price and the same (-1) is the sales price and the next (1) is the purchase price and so on. Calculating by hand would look like this: 101.125 - 100.531 = +.594 and, 101.125 - 94.750 = +6.375 and, 98.250 - 94.750 = +3.500 MARKET ENTRY PROFIT POSITION PRICE 1 100.531 1 1 1 1 1 1 -1 ...

Repeats
On one of my worksheets I type the day of the week in the first column, followed by the date in the second column etc. Since the current entry is in line 3,675th when I typed the first letter of the day the rest was completed automatically. E.g. If I typed M then onday followed, as were entries of the same gist in other columns, when the first word of the information was typed. Suddenly this stopped. Why I have no idea, but would appreciate if someone told me how to restore this time and typing savings. Thanks! Tools>Options>Edit, check that Enable Autocomplete for Cell Values i...

allowing for repeating bank entries
Many customers have the same electronic payments coming out of their accounts every month. It would be very helpful if they could create either recurring batches or repeating transactions so they didn't have to do this same data entry every month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

Tables: Column width won't stick
Well I'm new to Word 2007 but have been using Word since 1993. I do recall earlier versions could be a bit tricky with this too, but not like 2007. I don't want "preferred" column width. I want "column width". I just want it to obey me, take on the width I specify and then and stay put until I change it. One column has gone wide and pushed others off the right-hand edge. Now, every time I try to change the widths to get those columns back, instead of columns shrinking as specified, the various columns randomly reduce and expand but the lost column...

#REF! error when deleting rows
Excel 2000, 9.0.4402 SR-1 Deleting a row that contains a referenced cell results in a #REF! error at the referencing cell. But I think that's not how it's supposed to work. Take this sample worksheet, consisting of 4 rows and 3 columns: [1] =a2 =a3 =a4 [2] 111 [3] 222 [4] 333 When you enter the cell contents as shown above, the worksheet displays this: [1] 111 222 333 [2] 111 [3] 222 [4] 333 Now delete row [3]. This results in cell C1 being changed from "=a4" to "=a3", and cell B1 being marked as in error. It displays like this: [1] 111 $REF! 333 ...

Rearrange data columns in Pivot Table
In a pivot table, how do you rearrange the column order in the data section? Right now I show columns named A, B, C, and Grand Total. I want to be able to rearrange them as follows (for example): Grand Total, B, A, C. I am using Excel 2000. TIA Hi i'm not sure if you can move the "grand total" column, but the others can be easily re-arranged by just typing the names in the order you want (ensure that you don't make any typing errors though), what i mean is, click on the A heading and type B once you press enter B will now come first and A will be moved continue as req...