Repeating column headings on printed pages

(Office 2k3)
How do I repeat column headings on printed pages in addition to page 1?

0
sydney1 (8)
8/2/2004 6:53:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Choose File/Page Setup/Sheet. In the Print Titles section, enter your
row number in the Rows to print at top textbox, e.g.:

    $1:$1

In article <#x9SHIMeEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
 "Sydney Lotterby" <sydney@infosearch.com> wrote:

> How do I repeat column headings on printed pages in addition to page 1?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/2/2004 7:39:11 PM
Thanks.

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Choose File/Page Setup/Sheet. In the Print Titles section, enter your
> row number in the Rows to print at top textbox, e.g.:
>
>     $1:$1
>
> In article <#x9SHIMeEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
>  "Sydney Lotterby" <sydney@infosearch.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I repeat column headings on printed pages in addition to page 1?

0
sydney1 (8)

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Printing has stopped
In Access 2000, I created a menubar for a form with a print option. The function which prints the form has the following code: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, , 8, , acMenuVer70 This used to work and I know why it doesn't now, but I don't know how to fix it. In a previous posting to this group "Wrong Record Being Updated" 11/21/07 The solution to the earlier problem was to place the code Cancel = True into the before update event. It is this code that stops the form printing. Any help in getting ar...

When I click on the tabs, I get a page icon and all is stuck
I was just asked to help a lady in the office, that I helped copy a excel file from one computer to her computer. I was able to open the file and as soon as I tried to click on the tabs (sheets) on the bottom, the mouse pointer had a little page attached to it, and everything was frozen. I hope one of you wonderful experts out here can help me with this problem. BTW, when I tried to x out of the file, I got a whatever the European sign is for not enter, I know I'm not good as describing the problem, maybe one of you is a mindreader as well.Many many thanks in advance.........Peter When ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Macro help with hiding columns based on date ranges in a column
I have a scheduling spreadsheet where I need to schedule healthcare staff to cover 6 floors of a longterm care center. In column A I have the floor number assignment starting with floor 1. In column B I have each day of the current year from 01/01/2004 to 12/31/2004 repeated for all 6 floors. As you can imagine it's difficult working with so many rows of data. As the scheduling person plans in smaller windows of time, I would like to employ a simple auto-hide of date ranges that they don't need to see for their planning purpose. I was hoping that someone could provide me with some macr...

should be able to print ATP
I would like to be able to print out the Available to Promise information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d089892-1a1b-4a8a-9e3e-16757d015fff&dg=micros...

When printing emails my name appears at the top
When I print an email, my name appears in large letters at the top of the print. Does anyone know where this name comes from and how I can stop it appearing? It is confusing to have added by the printing process a name which may not be the name of either the sender of the email or of the recipient. Sorry, but there's no way to get rid of it. It's the name associated with the primary e-mail account in your profile. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. **...

columns #3
How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying to make a guest list and need to change the column names. Please help me That ability does not exist in XL. In article <ECC6FF32-BFA6-4722-8AA3-8897B1BDE3E3@microsoft.com>, Melisa <Melisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying > to make a guest list and need to change the column names. > > Please help me A workaround since you cannot change the letters as JE points out. Use row 1 for your titles then select...

printing problems #3
We have an HP Laser Printer (1300) with plenty of ram.. and yet I get an error whenever I send something of legal size to the printer. Is anyone else having compatibility issues between Publisher and HP? I called HP support and they indicate it must be application problem.. i.e. issues with Publisher. Word docs print fine. Werner I forgot to mention. The printer is on a server. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Werner <wernerno@spamon.aibn.com>... > I called HP support and they indicate it must be application > problem.. i.e. issu...

Remove Time from showing in date columns
How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? From m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM to dd-MMM-yyyy In Project Pro Tools > Option > View (Change the date format) -- Please rate this post if it has helped Thanks Gaurav Wason gwason@gmail.com, PMP, MCITP roject Made Easy (Project Server Archive Tool) and (Project Owner Tool) http://projectmadeeasy.com "Michael Jansen" wrote: > How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? > > From > m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM > > to > dd-MMM-yyyy What about PW...

Printing a line at the end of every page
I have a spreadsheet that prints on about 70 pages. I would like to place a line at the bottom of each page. Is there a way to get Excel to do this automatically instead of manually placing the lines and having to move them each time I add rows in my spreadsheet. Thanks, Kristin Kristin, Similar to Word, you can put Page Headers and Footers on your Spreadhseet for Printing. Go to File/Page Setup and then click on the Tab for Header/Footer and then Custom Footer. You can then put either fixed text or a range of different fields, although it is significantly more limited than what y...

Calculated Column Syntax Help?
I have a simple parent/child table setup, DDL is at the bottom of this message. I would like to add a DateTimeOffset column to the table, with the value being "now" plus (2 * number of child rows per parent row). So with my sample DDL, the value would be now+2 seconds for parent row "a", now+4 seconds for parent row "b" , and now+6 seconds for parent row "c". Can someone help me with the proper syntax for that as well as thoughts whether or not it should be persisted when it comes to general query peformance (query will be done dozens of ti...

Printing Account Statements
When printing account statements from Close Billing Cycle, our customer is producing hundreds of pages of output, even though he is not printing statements with 0 balance or no activity. He has two types of account, revolving for 'real' accounts and 'credit note' which are used to issue credit to a customer on a return. Is there a way to limit the output to only print the revolving accounts? ...

Catalog pages not coming out right
When I print a catalog from Publisher (one of their premade ones) how do I make it print one side of the page then stop so I can turn the pages over and continue so there are no blank pages? I am assuming you are not using Publisher 2007. If you are post back. The directions are much different in Publisher 2007. View, turn off two page spread. Page one, print, current page, click no to the query. Turn the page over, go to page two, print, current page, click no to the query and so on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Event Sinks and Printing
I have a somewhat unique issue, I think. I want to be able to take all mail received to a specific mailbox, print it, and delete the message after printing. Does anyone have a sample script I can use to do this? Also, the users would be coming through a terminal session to execute the printing. When they hit print, we are going to pass it through our print servers which will strip off the header information and email it to their mailboxes. Once it gets there, it should automatically print to their printer. Can I tie this event to their particular terminal session and the printer t...

SUMIF with two columns
[Excel 2003] Assume a worksheet with with numbers in column A; Boolean criterion [Y or N] in column B; and another Boolean criterion [Y or N] in column C. I would like to add the numbers in column A for all rows that have 'y' in both columns B and C. I have been trying to do this with a SUMIF statement in which the criteria is a combination of the two columns. I have not been able to find the magic formula, so either I am missing the correct syntax or there is a better formula to use. Help would be appreciated! =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A25),--(B1:B25="Y"),--(C1:C25="Y&quo...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

printing multiple part labels
Hello. Have a situation in which there is a mainform, a tabcontrol on the mainform, and a subform on a tabcontrol (the many). What is displayed in the subform are the parts (part numbers, etc) associated with the mainform device. There comes a time when a part number label is printed out for each of the subform parts. If there are many rows, the user needs to print one label at a time. What I am trying to do is have the user do a multi-select on the record selectors of the subform and then print all that was selected. The single part works fine. The user clicks the Print L...

zebra lp2824 barcodes labels printing
Hello: I need to print lables for my clothings store merchandise. My retailers recommend lp2824 zebra, so I purchase it and I purchase rolls of labels. 2.25X1.25 (dimensions) I have created one template for my label. Then I use my label wizard and able to see all the items in the print list, and in the print view If I select any of the Avery pre-selected lables, but NOT the template I created whcih only display few of the Items not All. Any recommendation? Thanks Hi Alexander If you're comfortable working with the label wizard, then open one of the AVERY designs that closely matche...

Full cell not printing
I have a cell with 1370 characters. It shows all the text in the formula bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think) characters are shown. Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it? Thanks in advance Daniel Hi Daniel, The Excel help somewhere states a maximum of 32,767 characters per cell but only 1,024 'visible'. Solution perhaps: split your story over multiple cells by using Left, Mid and Right functions. Frans "Daniel Bonallack" <DanielBonallack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3002EB3-1F91-4EA2-B...

unable to complete deleting of printing joy
I have a new printer V105. I had difficulty printint a document from My Documents and attempted to print until I realized that I had tried 25 times and all pages were waiting to be printed. When I went to cancel, all but one were accepted for printing. But one remains and I am unable to cancel it Have you tried turning off the printer, leaving it off for a while, and then restarting it? If that simple solution doesn't do the trick, you should ask in another forum, say a Windows forum (or perhaps in a support forum for your printer). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

Columns are in numbers
Using Excel 2000, my columns are arranged by number and not letters, so that if I'm trying to create a formula to add cells A5 and B6, I get a #NAME ? error because it does not see a cell A5 or B6, it sees R5C1/R6C2. Some way to change this would be greatly appreciated. whoops.. found the answer in the setup section, I'm good "JonnyE" wrote: > Using Excel 2000, my columns are arranged by number and not letters, so that > if I'm trying to create a formula to add cells A5 and B6, I get a #NAME ? > error because it does not see a cell A5 or B6, it sees R5C1...