Repeat Rows at Top Problem

I developed an application for Excel that uses "Rows to repeat at top" (for
the header in a table) in the event the report being printed has multiple
pages. It has worked fine. However, a user recently reported she has a
report with just one page and is getting the header (the "row to repeat at
top") printed over the footer on page one. Any ideas why? Is there something
in an Excel setting that must be changed?
TIA
Jim Kobzeff

0
JK4586 (4)
12/22/2005 1:41:45 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Their program might be resetting the "page margins" (her default page
margins might be .75 Inches while yours are set at .5 inches).
This could be a printer function as you might be using a laser jet and
and they could be using a inkjet.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29640

What about using the rows to repeat at top of page option

File, page setup, sheet tab, rows to repeat at top

--
jujuwillis
jujuwillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2123

Copy and paste several charts problem
Hello, I use Excel 2002 and Windows 2000 professional. Here is a code example in which I am trying to just copy two chart from a template sheet, paste them into another sheet, delete the chart and then loop 150 times. This causes the problem "Excel cannot paste th data" after a while. Why? Any ideas about how to avoid this error message and solve thi problem? In my originally code after copying the charts into the new sheet adjusts the charts and copies them into word, before they are deleted I have not managed to create the charts completely from scratch by VB code, this is w...

Microsoft word problem!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I open Microsoft word it brings up a passed document that I wrote and saved. I then threw it in the trash and it is stil coming up. It is on the screen everytime I open up word. This is also a paper that I wrote in test rive and now I have the actual program. What should I do? Thanks Every time you create a new Word document, this document is based on a template called Normal.dotm. You have somehow managed to put this text into your Normal template, which is why you can see this strange behaviour. To fix the proble...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Problem with Attachments #4
Hello, can anyone help? Outlook Express removes the attachments from about 80% of my incoming emails. How can I prevent this happening? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Rob Wrong Newsgroup; this group is for Microsoft Office Outlook, not Outlook Express. There are specific newsgroups for OE and you find a much higher degree of expertise on OE problems in these groups. Having said that, see if these help: To disable the blocking of Any attachments, see: Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express 6 After You Install SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 To adju...

excel press enter to make active on 1st colum in new row
lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to automatically go to colum 1 of row 2 Enter the following in Worksheet code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("J:J"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select End Sub After an entry is made in column 10, we move back to column 1 the next row down. REMEMBER: Worksheet code. -- Gary''s Student gsnu200711 "Greg" wrote: > lets say I have 10 colums in a worksheet, when in colum 10 of row, i want to > auto...

Date,Time Problem
HI!! We take the difference of two Date/Time Fields having Custom format and Values like this Start Date End Date Cycle Time 2/24/03 16:30 3/25/03 10:11 689:41:41 m/d/yy h:mm m/d/yy h:mm [h]:mm:ss Now I want this Time to be taken as absolute Number expressing it as Hours/Minutes, so that I can take such values for further analysis. But as such it is not possible because Excel always show �Cycle time� value (689:41:41) as �28/01/1900 17:41:41�, and does not yield to any arithmetic operations. H...

Text to Rows
Hi, I am newbie in excel Macros. I have a macro that works well if used on a cell. BUT if I want to run it on every cell within a Range, I get an error - "Invalid, Next control Variable reference". Please help. see below Sub NewOne() Dim x As Integer Dim y As Integer ' Hardcoded range A1 to C2 NumRows = Range("A1", "A2").Rows.Count NumCols = Range("A1", "C1").Cols.Count Range("A1").Select For x = 1 To NumRows Step 1 For y = 1 To NumCols Step 1 'Text to multiple ro...

For those with problems logging in online and downloading from some institutions
There is a significant change today 19 July at the servers which provide online sign in with LiveID/Passport and get the statements for those institutions that don't provide their own OFX servers. See the top and the "Scheduled Events" section of http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx for information. That site will be updated as things progress. That will include specific instructions of what the user will need to do. In the mean time, log in offline. Cal - have you seen more details or how/why/what they are improving? Do you think it is somethin...

Hide multiple rows when particular cell is zero
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how I can hide multiple rows when a particular cell is zero? It has to go automaticly, so no buttons... When D37=0, hide rows 37-48 When D49=0, hide rows 49-58 When D59=0, hide rows 59-68 When D69=0, hide rows 69-78 When D79=0, hide rows 79-88 etcetera. How can help me with this macro?? Thanks in advanced. Best regards, BL Hi, What should happen if e.g. D38 = 0? Maybe this applied to the desired sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim a, rng As Range Set rng = Range("D37:D1000") For Each a In rng ...

OWA connection problem #2
I have a SBS2k3 R2 server with one nic behind a hardware firewall. Can anyone tell me which ports to open/forward on the firewall to allow Outlook Web Access? Any and all help appreciated. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission o...

Problems with Page Margins
Hello all - this is my first posting here so I hope I provide enoug information with regards to my question. I have been using Excel fo about 10 years. Background: I have used Excel (Office XP) to create pages that will be put into journal. I used Excel because, as many of you know, it is easier t format text for use in forms (I.E. journal entries with check boxes etc.) There are roughly 10 different pages that are on individual worksheet within the workbook. I have formatted the page size by using margi settings to print out on (1) page. (I have not used forced pag breaks) Settings: TOP...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Problems with Holidays
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2000 for Windows XP - Home Edition. I have followed the instructions to add holidays to my calendar - in this case, Canadian and Christian holidays. Once I complete the process, there are no holidays there. I have been reading on this group about "OutHol.exe". What is this file? Do I need it? If so, how can I get it? When you reply, can you please reply by email to llimbo72@yahoo.com? For some reason my hotmail account randomly decides not to deliver mail from some people, so I can't rely on it. Limbo. If you have Outlook 2000 or an earlier ...

copying and pasting only non-hidden rows
Would anybody know how to copy an entire worksheet and paste values only to a new worksheet and include only visible rows (do not include hidden rows) Thanks, Jason Jason, you can do it with a macro, here is one way Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** r...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

Plam
I synchronise my Palm with MS Oulook 2002 (Windows XP) several times a day. For my calendar, I have set the sync on 'synchronise files'. It used to work fine until about a month ago (when I have installed the last Windows SP?). Now, instead of synchronizing, it simply adds up all the events. I end up having 50 events on the same day and same time (because I have done 50 synhronisations) ! Any solution or advice...?Thanks. ...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Problem in displaying the chart
Hi all, Good evening. I am facing one problem at creating chart. This is my coding. Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBarClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Data").Range("A5:E6"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows * ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Cost"* With ActiveChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = _ "5 Time Predictability of Design and Construction" .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).Has...

Sub-Report Problem
I have a sub-report that prints "exactly" as it should, but then repeats many, many times. The stand alone sub-report prints two pages. The sub-report in the main report prints 4226 pages (duplicates of two pages, 2113 times). The reports are NOT linked. The sub-report is located in the Detail section of the main report. I select to print this sub-report from a form, and then make the appropriate controls visible/not visible depending on the type of report I want. It works great, just too many pages on the sub-report. All other main reports (as selected from the Form, work fi...

AppCrach Problem
This program Modio worked fine untill 2 days ago. It keeps shutting down before I get to use it. These are the deatails: * problem signature: *problem event name: appcrash application name: modio.exe application version: 1.0.0.0 application timestamp: 4a5a1505 fault module name: stackhash_27f2 fault module version: 0.0.0.0 fault module timestamp: 00000000 exception code: c0000005 exception offset: 0001136c os version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 locale id: 1033 additional information 1: 27f2 additional information 2: 325055436168101a578479ab72a66d1a additional information 3: 21e2 ...

Macro for changing number of rows
Hello - So I'm a little less experienced than I thought. Below is my table. Item Rate 1 Rate 2 A 0.60% 0.30% B 0.50% 0.40% C 0.50% 0.70% E 0.30% 0.30% F 0.20% 0.50% Below is my Macro: Sub Ordering_Macro() ' ' Ordering_Macro Macro ' ' ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range _ ("C2:C6"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption:= _ xlSortNormal ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilt...

Create rows from a lookup
Hi all, I have 2 worksheets containing data that I need to combine, by creating rows WS1 has product data in the range of: Product_ID Name price Options_Ref 1 Product 1 10.00 18 2 Product 2 15.00 25 3 Product 3 5.00 18 4 Product 4 20.00 7 WS2 has the option list data such as: Options_Ref Option_Description 7 Red 7 Blue 18 12" 18 14" 18 16" 25 ...

Junk E-mail problems
I have just set up a new system with Office 2003 and have also installed Windows XP SP2. I copied my .pst file and safe sender list from my old system to the new one only to find that the Junk E-mail Options, even though it is set to Safe Lists Only, does not work. All e-mail goes directly into my inbox rather than into the Junk E-mail folder. Can anyone explain how this happened and how I can fix it. Thank you ...

Problem with attachments
Suddenly when one of my co-workers sends me a Word doc. my Outlook 2000 blocks it, saying it blocked the potential unsafe .lnk file? What is a .lik file and what is happening for it to show up this way? Thx for any info. Gary *.LNK is a shortcut to a file. Double check with your co-worker to make sure they mean to send you a shortcut. (Shortcuts can be construed as a program and might be a worm/virus.) They may say "oops" and send you the actual word document and not a shortcut to something. "algae" <boycefamilynospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:vl70d.35...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...