Removing password protection on a sheet

A co-worker of mine protected a sheet in her workbook but lost th
password.  I help her with formula/script issues and I thought I coul
simply copy the data on this sheet and paste it to another sheet to ge
around it, but it won't let me select anything other than a few cell
(based on the cells settings I'm sure).  I know that Microsoft doesn'
support removal of passwords when you don't know the password (make
sense from a secuity standpoint) but was hoping someone could  help m
out here.  She can remake it if need be but thought I'd ask ;)

Thanks

--
Otto.ts
Otto.tsl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2850

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Good evening Otto.tsl

Fortunately for you, it's not that difficult to remove the workbook
worksheet protection from an Excel file.

This site should give you all the info you need.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893

That did the trick, thanks very much!  My Coworker is pleased that sh
didn't need to restart :

--
Otto.ts
Otto.tsl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2850
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48101

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Email account invalid password?
I've just set up a mail account in Outlook 2003 (pop3) and the test account button works fine, however after a while whenever outlook auto sends and recieves it pops up the user/pass box for that account and keeps doing so after i've entered the correct user and pass. However if i go back to test account settings in the account setup options, that works fine and send and recieve works again for a while. and ideas whats wrong? cheers, -ciaron ...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

Removing an item from menu

Windows 7 does not prompt to change expiring password
We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7. One thing we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset their password before it expires. If they log into a Server 2003 or an XP machine, they get the alert. Please let me know if there is a fix for this problem. Thanks. On 28/05/2010 19:07, braydonsdad@gmail.com wrote: > We are currently upgrading all of our users to windows 7. One thing > we have noticed is that they are no longer getting alerts to reset > their password before it expires. If they log into a Server 2003 or > an XP mach...

remove Fax from address book?

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

MSMoney 2005 password
I just re-installed my MSMoney on a new working PC and recovered my backup file. Unfortunatelly I can not open the file due to the password. Since I started using MSMoney I had the option remember my password checked therefore at this time I do not remember. I tried the online "I forgot my password" but have not had any luck. Is there anyway i can recover my data? In microsoft.public.money, MadameM wrote: >I just re-installed my MSMoney on a new working PC and recovered my backup >file. Unfortunatelly I can not open the file due to the password. Since I >star...

Adding and removing removable drives

Protect the acess to a table in Acess 2007
Hi I`m using Acess 2007 and I would like to protect the acess of others to a table in a database used by several persons. Is it possible? Can somebody help me? Thanks ...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

2008 R2.. a way to offsite change password for domain users on vpn
There used to be an admin tool with 2003 and maybe 2008, i forget.. a web link you could click on to change a domain account's password remotely... Does this sort of functionality exist for 2008 R2? What are most doing for this ability.. ie: remote VPN users? Thanks Does anyone have any tips on this.. i discovered i could use exchange 2010's owa interface to change the password.. however, the password change tool seems out of sync with the domain, because no matter how complex i make the password, it wont let me change it, but when i use the change password i...

Sheet not updating
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that all of a sudden stopped updating. One sheet is the master sheet. Everything is entered there. The other sheets pull information from the master sheet. Now when I enter information on the master sheet, nothing updates on the other sheets. What could possibly be going wrong. Thanks Mark Smith Precision Devices Maybe calculation is set to manual??? Tools|options|calculation tab is where I'd look first. Mark Smith wrote: > > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet that all of a sudden stopped updating. > > One sheet is the master s...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Money 2005 will not accept password..HELP!!!!!
MOney 2005 no long accepts my password to login normally. If I try to login "offline" it works fine, with the same password. Any suggestions or is this another bug of MSM 2005?? Thanks ds, I had trouble logging in for the first time too. I had to called tech support and they had me 1)uninstall money 2005 from the Control Panel 2)go to regedit and uninstall a Money folder, a Works Suite folder and a 2004 MS Money folder and a 2005 MS. 3) Then I had to run the CleanMny utility from the CD 4) Then I had to restart and reinstall Money. (I can try to look up the exact folders in...