removing ALT+enter characters from a column

I frequently get speadsheets sent to me which have had text entered int
cells that has been separated by the "ALT + Enter" keys to force it ont
a separate line. Does anyone know of a way I can remove thi
automatically and add a comma & space character instead (perhaps with
macro?)

I have attached an example file if you wish to look at it

Thank

                Attachment filename: example.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63113

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way

Sub CleanCR()
    Selection.Replace What:=Chr(10), _
     Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
     SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
End Sub

Change Replacement="" to " " if you want to replace it with a space

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"andy hackett >" <<andy.hackett.1a42hg@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:andy.hackett.1a42hg@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=631132
> ---

terre08 (1112)
7/28/2004 5:01:56 PM
Thanks,

Unfortunately I can't get this to work. I have copied in the code int
vBAeditor and nothing happens when I run it. How do I select the colum
that it needs to work on

Sorry, Please ignore last post I have now got it working. I wa
selecting an entire column instead of selecting the data in the colum

Thank

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

entering data into a premade form
I have a pre-made check request form. I need to print a form with certain data on each. such as name, agent number, and amount. I have a couple hundred of them to print (one ck request for each person). is there a way to print the forms and auto enter the name, agent number, and amount on each form? Thank You.... This would best be done in Word with Excel as the source for a mailmerge. Your form being the document in Word to merge to. But you can do it in Excel alone. John Walkenbach has a sample workbook on his site. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Refresh form to show information entered via a popup
I have main form, frmPatients, based on tblPatients. The main form shows the patient's name, DOB, etc. These controls are not enabled. I created my own toolbar with an item, "Add new patient." Clicking this opens up a model form, frmNewPatient (also based on tblPatients; Data Entry set to "Yes"). The user enters information for the new patient (name, DOB, etc.), and then clicks a save button. When frmNewPatient pops up, frmPatients moves to a new record using: ### Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Forms!frmPatients.SetFocus DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

How do I delete the last character in a field in Excell?
for some reason when i export my contacts to a csv the email addresses are not separted by a comma but by a semicolon. i used the formula that seperates first name and last name together into two seperate columns searching for semicolon instead of space. the result is that a proportion of the email addresses are suffixed by a semicolon. how do i delete the semicolon? thanks Hi You could just use Find/Replace for this to keep life simple. Andy. "andrewcodd" <andrewcodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58BCDAC-C7BF-4340-9D64-E3F1880E6F36@microsoft....

on last enter start new blank form
is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of information? Thanks in advance for the help! If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command button, you should get "a new blank form". If you're asking how to have it happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're finished entering data? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produ...

How to chart a single column of values similar to a GROUP BY
Hi I would like to create a chart of a column of non numeric values where the column label would be the value and the chart would reflect the number of occurences of the value in the column eg. brown blue blue brown brown this would produce two bars on the chart labled brown and blue with values of 3 and 2 respectively. It is the same as a GROUP BY function in SQL Any help is really appreciated. Thanks Paddy Assuming the list of colours are already entered in Range("A1:A100") then: 1. In cell B1 enter Blue 2. In cell B2 enter Brown 3. If there are more colours then cont...

special characters and 4 backticks
I have a file with [ in a name: my[file.txt If i want to dir with wildcard like this: dir my[* i have to use backtick to escape that special character [, right? So i run: dir my`[* But i get this error: Get-ChildItem : The specified wildcard pattern is not valid: R[* At line:1 char:4 + dir <<<< R[* + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-ChildItem], WildcardPatternException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand But if u use use 4 backticks it works: dir my````[* Mode ...

Adding and removing removable drives

Select and Copy data in column.
Anyone know of a way I can do the following. I have a column (B) on my spreadsheet with a given persons name in every other cell. eg. Col A Col B Col C xxxx Smith xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx Jones xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx Smith xxxx xxxx xxxx The row immediately underneath the name also contains data pertaining to the named person in the row above i.e in my example above row number 2 also pertains to the person Smith, row number 4 also pertains to the person Jones, etc, etc. I am trying to copy the persons name into the cell direc...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...