Removing a custom Toolbar Button & macro

I've put macro in module, then make a custom button on the toolbar to invoke
a macro.(according to excel help)

--------------------------------------

Create a toolbar button that runs your macro

1.                   On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the
Commands tab.

2.                   Under Categories, click Macros.

3.                   Drag the custom button to the toolbar where you want
it.

4.                   On the Customize dialog box, click Modify Selection,
and then click Assign Macro.

5.                   In the Assign Macro dialog box, click the name of your
macro, and then click OK.

6.                   To change the appearance of the button, click Modify
Selection again, point to Change Button Image, and click one of the
available images; or click Edit Button Image and use the Button Editor to
create your own image.

7.                   Click Close.

But something was wrong when I've assigned macro, and I find that this
custom Toolbar button appers in all my Excel documents.

When I click on it, it show that workbook contains macros, though there was
no macro earlier.  I find that this button attach "Module1" macro to Excel
file when I click on it.  So, all Excel document now have this nasty button,
that insert macro in workbook.

How to remove this Toolbar Button from all Excel documents? How to remove
this unwanted macro from workbooks where this module has been already
inserted?

Thanks

0
luminor (3)
2/8/2006 6:59:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi there,

Just go back to Tools | Customize, then click and drag your toolbar off the
toolbar area and let go of your mouse button.  You can also go into your
Toolbars tab when the dialog box is up, select the toolbar and select
Delete, if you want it deleted.

HTH

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

"luminore" <luminor@luminor.com> wrote in message
> I've put macro in module, then make a custom button on the toolbar to
> invoke
> a macro.(according to excel help)
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> Create a toolbar button that runs your macro
>
> 1.                   On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click
> the
> Commands tab.
>
> 2.                   Under Categories, click Macros.
>
> 3.                   Drag the custom button to the toolbar where you want
> it.
>
> 4.                   On the Customize dialog box, click Modify Selection,
> and then click Assign Macro.
>
> 5.                   In the Assign Macro dialog box, click the name of
> your
> macro, and then click OK.
>
> 6.                   To change the appearance of the button, click Modify
> Selection again, point to Change Button Image, and click one of the
> available images; or click Edit Button Image and use the Button Editor to
> create your own image.
>
> 7.                   Click Close.

> But something was wrong when I've assigned macro, and I find that this
> custom Toolbar button appers in all my Excel documents.
>
> When I click on it, it show that workbook contains macros, though there
> was
> no macro earlier.  I find that this button attach "Module1" macro to Excel
> file when I click on it.  So, all Excel document now have this nasty
> button,
> that insert macro in workbook.
>

> How to remove this Toolbar Button from all Excel documents? How to remove
> this unwanted macro from workbooks where this module has been already
> inserted?
>

> Thanks

0
firefytrNO (70)

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

Help needed to write a macro
Hi all, I need to write a macro to find the adherence of the timing from 2 data provided below. For example, I have a agent supposed to work for "x" no of hours. In the duration he has to take 3 breaks. The first break for 15 mins, 2nd one for 30 mins and 3rd for 15 mins and timing is slotted for them in the begining for the day. They have logged on phone and they have to log out in the given timing, if he / she does the output should tell me "Adhered" or else "Non adherence" Data Agent availability for the day Agent 1 08:41 08:43 Agent 1 08:43 08:56 Agent 1 ...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Automatic button in CColorDialog?
What, exactly, does the 'Automatic' button in the standard CColorDialog do? Is there a way to hook into it to allow the dialog to return a custom automatic colour selection? Also, is it true that CColorDialog will no longer be available in VS 2005? Thanks. > is it true that CColorDialog will no longer be available in VS 2005? I just checked VS2005 and it is available. --- Ajay ...

Button on a activity phone call
Hello, I like to create a button on a activity phone call to automatically trigger a phone call when I select Outgoing button option. Can you help me? Thank’s in advance, Ricardo Sousa Hello Ricardo, We have a new Add-On for MS CRM which add a button to contact,account. After clicking on the button the Add-On will ask you which phone number(mobil,..) you want to call and then automatically trigger a phone call and create a phone activity. In the same way it works for incoming calls. This solution works only if you have a PBX. If you are interested please send me an email. Regards, Ch...

Remove lines with +++

CRM Customization 09-19-06
I really like what Microsoft has done with the customization process. I is so easy to add database field and build new forms and tabs on existing forms. However, I can not seem to find a way to add a list of items on a form. For example, I would like to build a form or tab on a form that allows us to create a list of the products we have sold to a client, picking from the part numbers on the product list. I would add purchase date, serial number, etc. You've probably got to write a custom aspx page which puts your list of products in a datagrid or similar, and then include it in an ...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Most Recent Custom View
When I add the 'Custom Views' drop-down to a toolbar, it displays the name of the custom view most recently selected (through the menu) So this information must be stored somewhere... How can I access it in code? I need to know the name of the custom view that has been selected by the user? I've been told it can't be done... but if the toolbar control can read it, the informaion must be somewhere... Any ideas? Thanks M Michelle, I don't believe Excel strores the name of the last custom view that was used so if a workbook contains multiple ...

How to Remove SRS

Macro to filter dates using Userform1 & printing
I have a speadsheet that has 5 columns. (Headings are in row 2 and are: Cell A2=Date, B2=Name, C2=Paylist, D2=Cycle, E2=Action). Data starts in Row 3 and will go down to row 5000. The dates would start 01-Jan-2011 and could go up to 31-Dec-2011. Right now I have 2 macro's to sort by date and paylist but what I also need is a macro to allow the user to sort by the user inputting a from date (I think I can use a calendar to pick from) and a to date (option of => and =<) in a form. The next piece is how to display and be able to print this filtered info. I am not sure ...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

News button #2
Hi - with Outlook 2007/Windows Vista I have added the News button to give quick access to my newsreader, but it defaults to Windows Mail. I use the latest version of Windows Live Mail (desktop as it was called). Is there any way to change the button to open the reader I use, or if not, to create a new button altogether that will do what I want? Thanks Wasted wrote: > Hi - with Outlook 2007/Windows Vista I have added the News button to > give quick access to my newsreader, but it defaults to Windows Mail. I > use the latest version of Windows Live Mail (desktop as it was cal...

Need to remove selected characters

Forcing Save Macro
How can I force users to save via a macro which strips away sensitive data before saving? Don't want them to be able to use SAVE or SAVE AS to save the entire spreadsheet. Making it read-only doesn't work, because it allow users to save under a different name. Hi you can put some code in the BeforeSave event but this won't help if the user simply disables macros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alex richardson wrote: > How can I force users to save via a macro which strips > away sensitive data before saving? Don't want them to be > able to use SAVE o...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Removing password protection on a sheet

How do I run a macro with an activex button?

Import CSV files using Macro
i have 41 csv files that i need to import into 41 sheets in Excel. the name of the csv files and the sheet names are the same minus the extension (.csv). The sheets will be existing sheets with headers. Please Help the Novice thanks M3ntz Well, one way would be to use the Data->Import External Data->New Database Query and select CSV files as the source database. Drawback: it's completey manual & you'll have to go through it 41 times Another way is to choose File->Open, select all 41 CSV files, and let Excel open them. Each will open in its own workbook. You ...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar