Remove "Alt Enter" blank space

From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter
keystroke!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using Visual Basic!
"crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter
> keystroke!

Hi

one way

Sub removealtenter()
    For Each c In Range("A1:A10")
        c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value, Chr(10),
" ")
    Next
End Sub

Cheers
JulieD

> Using Visual Basic!
> "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
>> From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter
>> keystroke!

0
JulieD1 (2295)
2/6/2005 4:14:24 PM
Non-macro.

edit|replace
what:  (hit and hold the alt key and type 0010 from the numeric keypad)
with:  (leave blank or a spacebar???)
replace all

It may not look like that alt-0010 did anything, but try it.  It'll work.

As a formula:

=substitute(a1,char(10),"")
or
=substitute(a1,char(10)," ")

If you want a space character.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Never mind.

--

Dave Peterson
0
"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> one way
>
> Sub removealtenter()
>    For Each c In Range("A1:A10")
>        c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value,
> Chr(10), " ")
>    Next
> End Sub
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
>> Using Visual Basic!
>> "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
>>> From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter
>>> keystroke!

you're welcome .. check out the substitute function either in VBA or normal
excel help ... it will show how to do this.

Cheers
JulieD

> Wat abt removing it from a 2nd "Alt-Enter" only?
> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> one way
>>
>> Sub removealtenter()
>>    For Each c In Range("A1:A10")
>>        c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value,
>> Chr(10), " ")
>>    Next
>> End Sub
>>
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
>>> Using Visual Basic!
>>> "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Insert a semicolon in lieu of ALT Enter
Hey everyone, Excel 2003 or 2007 - I have both I have a column of addresses that were entered into one cell at a time using ALT + Enter for the individual address lines. For example, ONE cell will look like this: John Freeman 123 Melody Lane Nutley, NJ 07110 I need to separate everything into multiple columns. So ONE column will just contain the first & last names, another will contain the Street Address, another contains the City, so on a so forth. I know about the CLEAN function to remove the hard returns. The only problem is separating the data. I was thin...

Remove "Alt Enter" blank space
From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter keystroke! Using Visual Basic! "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:e%23I5BWGDFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter > keystroke! > Hi one way Sub removealtenter() For Each c In Range("A1:A10") c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value, Chr(10), " ") Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> w...

Alt Enter
Is there any way to put an Alt Enter into a formula? I am concatenating some text and I would like to insert an alt enter. I tried the Char(10) from VBA, but this did not work. formula is =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 I would like an Alt Enter after the B1 thanks Simon Hi Simon, =A1&" "&B1&CHAR(10)&" "&C1 Then format>Cells>Alignment, check Wrap Text -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Simon Shaw" <SimonShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE485CFB-F192-44DC-AC5D...

Alt Enter in a cell
Is there a way to account for a line space (alt enter) in an excel formula? For instance if there are three cells (ie...address, city, and state), is it possible to concatenate them, but after the address the function inserts an alt enter so it moves down a line space and then have the city and state under the address all in one cell? So basically is there a way to tell a formula that it needs to alt enter without having to do it manually? =A1&CHAR(10)&B1&CHAR(10)&C1 and make sure wrap text is set -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...