Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object

Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it
to an excel spreadsheet?  The "chart object" is being copied from the
originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make
an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc.

0
don.cook (4)
3/23/2007 7:35:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

DonC,

Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document.  Use the Paste
Link button.  Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> wrote in message
> Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it
> to an excel spreadsheet?  The "chart object" is being copied from the
> originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make
> an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc.

0
someone798 (944)

excel #39
I would like to install a print all sheets in a excel spreasheet with 5 sheets in it? I don't understand, you can simply go to FILE>PRINT and where it says PRINT RANGE click the ALL radio button. Gus;438554 Wrote: > I would like to install a print all sheets in a excel spreasheet with 5 > sheets in it? -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1 View this thread: http:...

Postcard indicating an office move.
I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients know that I have moved. Have you tried the built in templates? Lots of Word templates you could adapt http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=moved -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tim Roe" <Tim Roe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BB621D1-584D-4539-ACD9-1A8D810953D6@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients > know that I have ...

Microsoft Office 2003 Outlook
I have just migrated from Outlook Express to Office 2003 Outlook. Regular customer lead emails I receive include the prospective customers email address - since changing over the email addresses are no longer active links - how can I rectify this? what is the message format? if html, do they have mailto tags? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

how do I make an excel file(created on a mac) readable on a pc?
Roberto Gibbons Gomez - You do not need to do anything special. An XLS file from the Mac (Excel 98, X, or 2004) can be opened on Windows (Excel 97, 2000, XP, 2003). The XLS file format is the same (except for a few recently-introduced features, which will be ignored on earlier versions). - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Is there a way to conditionally hide rows in Excel?
I would like to be able to conditonally hide row based upon a value in a column of the spreadsheet. I assume I would need to create a macro, but I'm nt real good with macros. Can anyone help with this? Thank you. Select your range (don't let excel guess) and then use: Data|Filter|Autofilter (in xl2003 menus) Then you'll be able to use the dropdown arrows in that first header row to show just the values you want. There's a custom option, too. Jeff wrote: > > I would like to be able to conditonally hide row based upon a value in a > column o...

Can I convert publisher 98 document into Office 2000?
Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>): > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office > 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't let me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so, have you disabled th...

exit excel step by step
Hi, When I double-click an excel file the following happens: - excel opens - a blank workbook opens (like a new workbook) - the file which I selected opens in Excel so far so good... now I can work on my sheets. When I close excel by the upper 'exit-X' on the screen (the one from excel itself), only the active file closes. When I click again, the blank file closes. Finally when I click again, excel closes... like this. This means I have to click 3x on the 'exit-X' to close my file and exit excel. Anyone has a hint to sove this? I should be able to close excel with on...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

Help about image transfer to excel spread sheet
Hi there, can any one tell me how to use csaned image in to excel, particularly am concerned about reconciliations, have many paper account statements and will be of great help if i can scan these documents and get it into Excel sheets. -- Ali. You will need to use OCR software, and won't get any formatting or formulas, just values...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ali Noor" wrote: > Hi there, > > can any one tell me how to use csaned image in to excel, particularly am > concerned about reconciliations, have many paper account statements and will > ...

Microsoft update KB2416447
I am unable to install the above update, have closed down my antivirus on norton, to no avail. If you can help please make it very simple. -- 76 yr old computer moron Unable to load this update - grateful for any advice. Many thanks from Brian Gibbs > On Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:11 AM shallotman wrote: > I am unable to install the above update, have closed down my antivirus on > norton, to no avail. If you can help please make it very simple. > -- > 76 yr old computer moron ...

display a picture in excel as an icon
Hello, I want to put a picture in a Excel cell and have it represented as an icon until someone clicks on it. What we have is an inventory list with pictures. Nothing I've tried seems to work very well. Thanks, Maybe you could put both the thumbnail and larger picture on the worksheet. Then assign them the same macro. If you use nice names, it might even work! I named my pictures: Pic01_B, Pic01_S (big and Small) through pic99_B, Pic99_S Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myPict As Picture Dim OtherChar As String Set myPict = ActiveSheet.Pictures(Application.Caller) ...

Data Label in Chart Legend
I am using Excel 2003. I have a dynamic line-column chart that shows the current 13 months worth of data. Each month, when new data is added, the oldest month drops off the chart and the new month is included. One data series is displayed as a column in the chart and 2 data series are displayed as lines. Is there a way to include the last data value for each data series in the legend next to the legend text for each? I would prefer the data value in the legend rather than as data labels in the chart. Thanks for any help you can provide. You could use a formula in a cell, like =A1&...

Excel 2003 Crashing after a few hours
As subject states, one of my users works in about 10 different spreadsheets all day long (5 of them are shared workbooks) and roughly every 3 hours excel says there has been a problem and will close and recover the spreadsheets. Sometimes it won't even give the warning message but you can still use autorecover. This problem has only started since the user had a new printer but the printer driver is windows verified and other users with the same printer have no problems at all. The error message logged in event viewer says the faulting app is excel.exe and the faulting module is m...

convert from excel to adobe
Hello - I tried to convert from Excel to adobe and it ended up with black background and no words. I tested to convert from MS Word and webpage to adobe - no problem. I suspected that it had to do with the Excel setting for Adobe conversion. Where can I fix the setting in Excel to make it normal to convert it into adobe? I saw "change conversion setting" under Adobe on the menu in Excel application but i don't know which one is the problem in the setting. Thanks, Krae ...

Integrating Office fonts with Macfonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel How do I integrate Macfonts with my founts in Microsoft office. I have fonts on Macfonts that I can't access in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Etc. Can Anyone help me? ...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

XL office 2007 file to large
I recently created a *relatively large file in excel 2007 and when I tried to save it as a 97-2003 workbook I too was notified that data had been lost. The difference being from what I have read here so far is that the alert message I received informed me that anything after column IV (the original document contains data up to and including column JO) was not saved and this was evidently true. Is there anything I can do to save the entire file as a single 97-2003 workbook without losing anything? Thank you. You can portion out the file over multiple sheets and cut all data after column...

How do I get my Microsoft Office and My PDF working again?
I can't find my Product Key for my PDF or Microsoft Product Key. Where did you get them from originally? Midget wrote: > I can't find my Product Key for my PDF or Microsoft Product Key. ...

Office 10.1.4 update crashes
Hi- I recently tried to install the Office v.X 10.1.4 update on my iBook G3 (I have successfully installed the 10.1.2 update). Near the end of the update, the installer stopped at number 13 (an excel file I believe) and reported an error in attempting to create the file. The installer then stops. Now, none of my office programs will even reach the splash screen when opening. Instead, when attempting to open, they bounce in the dock for a few seconds and then unexpectedly quit. I assume I need to uninstall from the Office v.X CD and then reinstall office and try each of the updates in ord...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Office Live Add-in for Office 2010
Any plans to release an update to Office Live Add-in for Office 2010 to open and save documents to Office Live Workspaces? It's my understanding that for Office 2010, Office Live Workspaces has been superseded by SkyDrive, for which no add-in is needed in Office 2010. Eventually, documents stored on SkyDrive will also be able to take advantage of Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2010's new co-authoring feature. To get started there, visit skydrive.live.com. You get 25 GB of free space, which is a bit more than we had using OLW. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Bl...

Excel 2007: getItemLabel not working
Hi guys Based on Jim Rech's dynamic dropdown in Excel 2007, sourced from Andy Pope's page on the Ribbon, I'm trying to populate a dropdown at Workbook open. It doesn't really need to be as dynamic as Jim's example (updates as the list changes). For some reason I can't seem to get it to work. This is what I have done: * In XML, I've defined onLoad to run RibbonOnLoad in VBA. RibbonOnLoad captures the ribbon as a variable. * In XML, the dropdown's getItemLabel calls GetDropdownList in VBA * In VBA RefreshRibbon invalidates the ribbon. * When I inv...

how do I convert text e-mail addresses in an Excel file to hyperli
new addresses that I type in are automatically converted, but ones I copied into the spreadsheet are not. Any ideas welcome. Hi Ben, Were they links where you copied them from. What version of Excel are you using. Does =LEN(A1) match the number of chars you actually see and ="*" & A1 & "*" show anything resembling spaces Does use of the the TrimALL macro fix them (make them links) : http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps....

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.