recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane

Hi,

In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open
section of the Task Pane?

--
Thanks,
      Jeffrey

0
Jeff
2/27/2007 11:42:51 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open
> section of the Task Pane?

This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to
Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently
used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take
effect.

--
Regards,
Mladen

A million thanks Mladen - a million!

--
Thanks,
      Jeffrey

"Mladen_Dj" <excelancije@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the
>> Open
>> section of the Task Pane?
>>

> This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to
> Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently
> used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take
> effect.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mladen
> http://excelancije.bloger.hr

0
Jeff

Export to Text file.
Please help me. I writen this VBA code for export range to Text file. -------- Option Explicit Private Sub ExportButton_Click() Dim fHand As Long, expCode As Variant fHand = FreeFile Open ExportName For Output As fHand Write #fHand, TextBox 'TextBox included text "[Example]" Write #fHand, "key_temp=" For Each expCode In Range(CodeRef) Write #fHand, 1, expCode Next expCode Close fHand End Sub -------- I want export content should like this [Example] key_temp=1,000690;1,000063;1,000022;1,000829;0,600001;0,600005;0,000001;1,39 9001; -------- But now is...

Opening Report Manager from anything besides localhost gives error
I've never noticed this before, but if I try to go to http:\\crmserver\ReportManager I get a 403.6 error: "Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected". However, http:\\localhost\ReportManager works when I'm on the server. My Crystal Reports SW works fine, and once I'm in Report Manager it appears to work fine. What did i do wrong? ...

How do I stop outlook from opening the next message automatically
When I open a new message in my inbox and then close it outlook automatically opens the next message. How do I stop outlook from doing this? Depends on your version. There's little use in posting a question without including your version. For one of the versions you would go to Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options... to access the settings for this behavior. -- Russ Valentine "Outlook inbox" <Outlook inbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56BDE5B9-2E35-4536-934B-07B82C30547F@microsoft.com... > When I open a new message ...

Most Recent
Good afternoon, I'm trying to run a query that will only pull the most recent entry. I have my table set up with a field (Auto-Number) i just don't know how to make it pull the most recent entry (only). thank you for your help. Autonumbers are not a 100% guaranteed to be sequential so that could be a problem. If you want to be almost 100% sure, you need a field in your table that has a data type of Date/Time and a default value of Now(). You can try the autonumber field with something like: SELECT TOP 1 YourTable.* FROM YourTable ORDER BY YourTable.Autonumber_Field DESC; ...

CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION
CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION SHONA wrote: > CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. If you're having problems, ditch NAV. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ (1) Lower your caps. It's considered rude, as if you are shouting. (2) Have you tried? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "SHONA" <SHONA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E42036DF-1475-437E-9D3D-4A4B98...

Problem opening attachments
When I receive an email with an exe attachment I cannot open it. I have changed the settings in Outlook public folders to allow exe files and what not and this does seem to be taking effect somewhat. Without the change I cannot get access to the email. By changing the appropriate access level I can get it to prompt me to save or open according to the access I set. Problem is when I set it to open it goes through all the motions and then gives me an error. The following error is logged in the event viewer. Access to C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\...

How to change the max attachment file size in CRM 4.0
Hi, I have changed the value of the MaxUploadFileSize field in the OrganizationBase table of CRM DB from 5242880(5M) to 524288000(500M). But I still met some problems when I upload large size files. Is there anyone who can help me figure it out? Thanks a lot Hua The max is 8,192 KB per attachment. The supported area to change this value is via the UI: CRM Client >> Setting >> Administration >> System Settings >> E-mail tab Update the "Set file size limit for attachments" Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http:/...

how to open a notepad directly
hi, I build a mfc dialog application. In that i am trying to open a notepad program when i click a button . for that i used system("notepad.exe"); when the notepad is opening a command prompt window is appearing behind the notepad window. which is not desirable . which function i have to use so that i can call notepad directly. help me urgently. shiva. You can use ShellExecute API to open a notepad. ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "notepad.exe", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOW); If you need control with the notepad you opened you can use CreateProcess API Sreeram s...

MS Offcie 2007 excessive temp files
In MS Office 2007, when saving in the old office formats (.doc, .xls, etc.), a ton of temp files are being created. When saving in the new formats (.docx, ..xlsx, etc.) this does not happen. 1. Is there any way to prevent this? My folder are filling up quickly. 2. Is there a utility I can use to delete the temp files? I am using Windows XP "Kev" <Kev@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:193ED48B-9CCC-4FE1-9106-0058EB78F65A@microsoft.com... > In MS Office 2007, when saving in the old office formats (.doc, .xls, > etc.), > a ton ...

Opening 2000 in 97
Hi, I have a client with 450 end users using office 97, the users only input a time sheet in an Excel 97 spreadsheet. The client does not want to upgrade all the machines. But, the main office is updating to Office 03. Will the new office 03 endusers be able to open the 97 spreadsheet? I can't remember when the new "forward" compadability went into effect. Thank you for your help on this old version vs. new version question. Kimber Kimber Subject line reads "opening 2000 in 97" Body reads "Office 2003". Whatever the case, Office 2003 users sh...

I open one excel worksheet, PERSONAL.XLS also opens, why?
How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each time I open one of my Excel files? Take it out of your XLSTART directory. By default, Personal.xls is the name of the file that XL stores macros in. It's usually hidden (Window/Hide). In article <AF5A9FE8-BE5F-46A6-B0AF-9CB93D80DC8C@microsoft.com>, "harry" <harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each > time I open one of my Excel files? ...

Word Error Message: This file is corrupt and cannot be opened
I have a few files that i was working on this afternoon and yesterday. I finished one yesterday and today its corrupt. This happened while I was working on another project. I dont know how to show you the file...When I uploaded one of them today by google doc this is what I got...gn+?CF?*?*?-*?AE+IV+n'k*?x["?k?eo??*edDW9n+*?={~??S-e+t*?@*?+==*?*?*?Q?~gl?-"? * 1=C*T?-?b*N2YI*+e=)?+Tt+=++p*E\rv?l*s?+*dR?UL8C?* **? Rt8+?*?*?8f_^?_`*?2Pc;g*+s-rG'??+?)?z???sm+)+!C.*9_?$*7:?e? *++s+$+-?8*?H*?7z:?nRcr?*-?*0f**P?b?0+8?**?-+?M* ??*(]*??-s R+*?q-?J?H-8n6+6|-?2[v* *??p*~?# }S?...

Restart existing page numbers in each section
I have a document that I have broken into 8 sections. It's a quick reference guide. Each section describes a difference procedure. I already have the headers and footers set up the way I want them, but I would like to restart the page numbers at 1 in each section. The online help suggests using Insert | Page numbers, but that repalces my existing footers. How can I leave my footers as they but only restart the numbering? Can I automatically cause page numbering to restart at 1 in all sections, including ones I might add later? Insert | Page Numbers is one way to g...

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Errors opening recurrent meetings in Outlook 2003
I am seeing a problem opening recurring meetings in my Outlook 2003 Calendar.When I attempt to open a recurring appointment in my boss's calendar I get errors: "Can't open this item. The operation failed" . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Roman ...

Opening Publisher 2002 files in Publisher 2007
I used Publisher 2002 on a Windows XP computer. I've upgraded to a Windows 7 machine with Publisher 2007. My 2002 Publisher files won't open on the new computer. Anyone know why? Is there an error message? Some virus software will prevent opening older Publisher files. Take a look at the following article. Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "LCR" &l...

Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in 'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do. The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can correct it? Thank you. Go to <>tools<>options<>general and have a look at setting for "recently used files list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F175A8-4E58-4367-B78B-FBD45...

Outlook 2007 preview jpg files
Outlook will not preview .jpg files. I get the following message: "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it." There are a number of graphic software programs installed on the computer, all of which will open jpg files. What specifically is Outlook looking for and how is it installed? Thank you "Karl" <none@home.net> wrote in message news:uIpbCST7KHA.604@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook will not preview .jpg files. > I get the following message: > "This file cannot be previewed because there ...

Not in Recent Docs
W2K Why dont my Visio 2000 docs appear in Recent Docs? Is it only your Visio files that don't show up? They should appear if you save them again, even if you don't make any changes. ...

how to set the file short name?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the file's short (8.3) name? I cannnot find the way anywhere including MSDN. I know how to get the long name and the short name of the files. (using GetLongPathName() and GetShortPathName()) Unfortunately, what I want to do is not to GET the short file name, but to SET the short file name. For example, assume that I create a file named "My Data File.dat". Then this file is automatically assigned with the short name "MYDATA~1.DAT". (Of course, the short name is hidden in common condition.) Now, I want to change the short name to &q...

Powerpoint opens all word documents
Why when I save my word documents in 2007 format does powerpoint open it back up. I have to manually choose Open with Microsoft Office Word so I can see my documents. It opens all documents from internet same way You might try Office Diagnostics, if that fails to rectify, then modify your File Associations "abarone1967" <abarone1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7534FBF1-149D-4560-8D72-3CC03585CB94@microsoft.com... > Why when I save my word documents in 2007 format does powerpoint open it > back > up. I have to manually choose Open ...

Overwriting Excel file from VB
My VB program generates data that is sent to a database table of columns. At present I am using VB only to display that data usin picture control. Now for enhancing my program I want to send th generated data to a Excel file which I have created in the sam application path (overwrite the file) and display two graphs based on vs 2 and 1 vs 3 columns. How to do? For calling Excel program from VB am using code like this: Dim xl As New Excel.Application xl.Visible = True xl.Workbooks.Open (App.Path & "\book1.xls") How to send data to respective columns in excel file from vb -- ...

Two Spreadsheets Open Side By Side: How Please ?
Hello, Using Windows7 and Excel 2007. What's the "trick" to enable one to have two different spreadsheets open and side by side in one view (so you can go back and forth between them easily) ? I've tried, but it seems as soon as I try to open the second one, the first one disappears. Thanks, Bob Assuming two workbook open. View>Arrange All I prefer Vertical Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:03:48 -0400, Bob <rgsros@notme.invalid> wrote: >Hello, > >Using Windows7 and Excel 2007. > >What's the ...

Open a Windows Form from SSRS
I am trying to open a Windows form from an SSRS report - I tried the Navigation, but no luck with it opening. Does anyone know how can this be done ? ...

can not open file
word cannot open file larger than 512 megabytes ...